• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

RESISTANCE 2 - Hype Thread w/latest info

Yoshichan

And they made him a Lord of Cinder. Not for virtue, but for might. Such is a lord, I suppose. But here I ask. Do we have a sodding chance?
Pai Pai Master said:
My soldier is level 10. :)
Twenty more levels to go then?

industrian

will gently cradle you as time slowly ticks away.
I've got a Level 7 Spec Ops but I just started as a soldier in a co-op game there and enjoyed it. Nothing beats wading into a horde of Grims with grenades and a minigun. As long as you've got a Spec Ops guy near you keeping your ammo in check and shield powered up, you're pretty much invincible.

And another thing that I've not fawned over yet: this game looks great and holds up very well with all the shit happening at once. Insomniac are PS3 dev gods.

Yoshichan

And they made him a Lord of Cinder. Not for virtue, but for might. Such is a lord, I suppose. But here I ask. Do we have a sodding chance?
Pai Pai Master said:
Think JS said 10 is the cap in beta?
Dunno :/. How long did it take you to reach lvl 10?

Seiken said:
Dunno :/. How long did it take you to reach lvl 10?

Quite a while. After level 6 it starts take a lot of EXP to level up. I'm satisfied with the EXP scaling, hopefully it'll take an asslong time to reach lv30.

Switching to my lv6 medic for now, that's a lot easier to gain EXP on. If you're not at the top as medic at the end of each game, you suck. :p

matmanx1

Played several hours last night and then some more this afternoon. I want this game now! Cant wait to try out the single player and then more of the co-op maps. Sorry CoD 4 but I just found my new favorite console fps. :D

DrPirate

Banned
Just got to level 10 with my medic, now I'm working on my spec ops.

(This shit is addicting as heel and it's too bad all this work won't carry over...)

I'm thinking about deleting the beta and savouring it until the full release now. All this fun I had on one map, now I can't imagine how great this will be on X maps (Anyone know how many maps for coop in the full release?)

RoboPlato

I'd be in the dick
This is the first time I've found myself really getting into an online game, particularly in co-op. I've gotten a lot of network errors when trying to join so I've only played a couple games so far but I can see this really starting something big. If Insomniac pulls off the boss fights in single player then this could really be a milestone FPS.

Yoshichan

Is it easy finding a PUG in coop?

Yoshichan

Metalmurphy said:
Oh, then yeah. On the beta at least. You just create a room and 1 minute later it's full.
That sounds incredible, I can only imagine how great the retail version will be!

Cmagus

how do you get in through qore it wont let me download it says its unavailable or has been downloaded which i havent can someone please help me out

Cmagus said:
how do you get in through qore it wont let me download it says its unavailable or has been downloaded which i havent can someone please help me out
They send you an e-mail with a code to redeem on the PSN Store. You can't get it trough the download section.

McLovin

Hey is the beta code sharable? I have a friend who wants in.. he keeps asking me for my code. I can't loose my access if I share right?

Len1978

I had my lbp preored transfer over to R2 LE last Friday Is it to late to get in the beta. If it's not what will they do send me a email or something?

PS.
I got LBP early thats why I had it transfer, not because of the music scandel

Len1978 said:
I had my lbp preored transfer over to R2 LE last Friday Is it to late to get in the beta. If it's not what will they do send me a email or something?

PS.
I got LBP early thats why I had it transfer, not because of the music scandel

If you were in-store, they should have given you a code to enter online to receive a beta code. If they didn't, they either forgot or were all out.

Ploid 3.0

Wollan said:
That's over generalizing it. It's like saying all abilities in Wow are attacks.
At any time you have six abilities to use which you can exchange prior to battle.

Main weapon primary fire/secondary fire
Alt weapon primary fire/secondary fire
Grenade
Berserk

And to be more precise how those work specifically (for Medic for instance):
Main Weapon:
- Splash Healing area
- Drain Life ability from enemy, can also link two enemies, refills your own health as well as Splash Healing ammo
---
Alt Weapon (in this instance machine gun):
- Long distance, high damage fire
- Grenade launcher
---
Spike Grenade
---
Berserk (chosen from a bigger list):
- Healing Aura after getting charged up with xp

R1 doesn't cover it all. :p
We're also discussing a FPS game where there is no downtime before doing a raid and a with an actual high-end raid lasting 1-1.5 hours compared to 3-5 hours like in a MMO.

Good I didn't have to clear that up. I laughed at "only have one ability, R1' thing though. Yea not me. For the people that don't lay down ammo, or play correctly it's probably the only ability. Just like in other games where they don't know how to play and press one button.

Wollan said:
Grey Tech (Loot) drops from the elite bosses.
Not really loot. And the list of items to buy with that money is very limited. There is not the unlimited variety of loot dropping in level like other loot games. The co-op game does not play or feel like a loot experience at all.

dork

Banned
i will get someone a beta code tomorrow from work (if we have any left) if someone answers my question

is there some sort of way to see ranks for multiplayer? not levels, but ranks

Union Carbine said:
Not really loot. And the list of items to buy with that money is very limited. There is not the unlimited variety of loot dropping in level like other loot games. The co-op game does not play or feel like a loot experience at all.
It feels like a raiding experience with some degree of a loot reward. This is after all an FPS. Were you expecting to get a Fire Enchanted LARK + 3 after killing a Titan?

Just found out my shitty ass GameStop (usually it kicks ass) is not having a Midnight Release. The Manager said he has tons of preorders (on par with Gears 2) but he is doing too many midnight releases in a two week span and it would be too much work. This IMHO is crap!

Facism

dork said:
i will get someone a beta code tomorrow from work (if we have any left) if someone answers my question

i'll find out for you once you get me that code.

;p

Ploid 3.0

industrian said:
I've got a Level 7 Spec Ops but I just started as a soldier in a co-op game there and enjoyed it. Nothing beats wading into a horde of Grims with grenades and a minigun. As long as you've got a Spec Ops guy near you keeping your ammo in check and shield powered up, you're pretty much invincible.

[bAnd another thing that I've not fawned over yet: this game looks great and holds up very well with all the shit happening at once. Insomniac are PS3 dev gods.[/b]

But but the self shadowing from the grass, and fireflies. Where are they? (sarcasm)

The game looks and runs awesomely. Very impressive stuff, and i haven't seen this many enemies on the screen at once. Especially in a online game, and with 8 other people, and a huge map. Insomniac sold their souls to the devil or something like that. Hoodoo!

Ploid 3.0

dork said:

It needs to be fixed. I'd like that code for a friend :D, but a gaffer should probably get it of course.

Metalmurphy said:
It feels like a raiding experience with some degree of a loot reward. This is after all an FPS. Were you expecting to get a Fire Enchanted LARK + 3 after killing a Titan?
Reward sure, loot no. As for a Fire Enchanted LARK +3 - make it sci-fi - plasma particle burst rifle +3, sure, why not?

dork

Banned
Ploid 3.0 said:
It needs to be fixed. I'd like that code for a friend :D, but a gaffer should probably get it of course.

what do you mean fixed?

I understand leveling up for my character. But how do i earn ranks?

i will try and grab 2 or 3 codes tomorrow night. we had some left last i saw

Facism

dork said:
what do you mean fixed?

you're a good man.

[edit]Avatar from Rocko's Modern Life? Used to love that when i was younger. Cartoons were made of sterner stuff back in the day.

dork

Banned
Facism said:
you're a good man.

[edit]Avatar from Rocko's Modern Life? Used to love that when i was younger. Cartoons were made of sterner stuff back in the day.

i know, remember doug :(

jmonteiro said:
The beta is freaking amazing. I'm totally blown away by the quality of this game. The coop alone is totally worth $60 and we still get an amazing competitive and single player campaign. I'm buying to copies (1 LE and 1 SE) of this amazing game :D :D :D

Insomniac rules. Best shooter ever.

Not that I'm complaining, but why would you buy 2?

Ploid 3.0

dork said:
what do you mean fixed?

You mean the ranks of players in competitive play right? Yes there is stripes and stars next to their name if so. If you want to view their profiles you get a error though (I got that mixed up my bad).

DrPirate

Banned
dork said:
what do you mean fixed?

Play games through matchmaking to increase rank.

Matchmaking is not working in the beta so it's not possible. I raised my rank by glitching the system accidentally.

Yoshichan

Returners said:
does the levels gained in the beta carry over to the full game?
No.

Top Bottom