• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

RESISTANCE 2 - Hype Thread w/latest info

Ploid 3.0 said:
Read the edit on my last post. Don't use play now (auto search). You have to keep trying games from the lobby. Even 3/8 games will claim to be full.

Up until about four minutes ago, I couldn't even go into there without an error. Now it's just returning no games :p

Oops, now that's gone again! Why does Resistance beta hate me so? Really doesn't want me to get into any co-op.

I'm behind this thread a few days, just wondering if everyone who preordered and got a code registered from the Gamestop voucher got in the beta yet, I checked my email but there was nothing, or is there still a wait?

Awntawn

brandonh83 said:
I'm behind this thread a few days, just wondering if everyone who preordered and got a code registered from the Gamestop voucher got in the beta yet, I checked my email but there was nothing, or is there still a wait?
I got mine day one the public beta started, though I think they're going out in waves.

Awntawn said:
I got mine day one the public beta started, though I think they're going out in waves.

Cool, thanks. Can't wait to get in, saw pretty much everyone on my PSN list playing it when I got home from being out most of the weekend and freaked out :lol

Teknoman

brandonh83 said:
Cool, thanks. Can't wait to get in, saw pretty much everyone on my PSN list playing it when I got home from being out most of the weekend and freaked out :lol

I preordered instore and they didnt even have any vouchers yet had a huge poster up about it. Luckily a gamestop down the street let me have one since I already preordered the game.

Just got network error'd. The game is great from what i've played so far. Though it still takes abit to get your bearings in a huge environment with 63 other people running around :lol

That and I still dont know how to get my comm channel open or how to change squads. I know its push right d-pad to talk, but do you hold it? Or does it stay open for a certain amount of time?

Also most bluetooths seem to pick up background noise, so maybe my channel stays open indefinitely?

Teknoman said:
I preordered instore and they didnt even have any vouchers yet had a huge poster up about it. Luckily a gamestop down the street let me have one since I already preordered the game.

Took me two different times of hackling the clerks about the voucher. No shit. I posted about it earlier in the thread, it was so annoying. First time they acted completely oblivious to what I was saying, second time when I'm like "yeah hey you guys should have Resistance 2 beta code vouchers for preorders" and the SAME GUYS were like oh yeah we've got those, handed me one, and that was that.

Incredible.

Do some games not give XP towards your profile? I haven't seen an option for ranked/unranked when finding a match, but the last one I played on didn't give out any XP at the end of each round. Is it just a network issue they're having?

Valkyr Junkie said:
Do some games not give XP towards your profile? I haven't seen an option for ranked/unranked when finding a match, but the last one I played on didn't give out any XP at the end of each round. Is it just a network issue they're having?

I think someone mentioned this earlier. Perhaps a bug with the Beta. In the one ranked match that I've been able to get into/complete, I didn't get any exp either.

My Arms Your Hearse said:
I think someone mentioned this earlier. Perhaps a bug with the Beta. In the one ranked match that I've been able to get into/complete, I didn't get any exp either.

Gotcha. I'm also not seeing any ribbons or medals that I earned on the first night of the beta.

Also, I haven't really been paying attention to the chat in this game, but how are they handling it as far as as chat between the squads go? Is it just within your own squad? Is there a chance for open mics going down the road? I hate having to press any button to speak, let alone the d-pad since you have to stop moving to press it.

SumGamer

I'm kinda confuse with the leveling system, can anyone clarify it a bit please?

1. Do we get EXP when playing in Non-co-op mode?
2. The gears with Level x listed in the bottom can only be used once you get to that level, correct?
3. Is there anyway to check current stats and level details?
4. I've been playing a few games and at the end all my scores listed as 0, while the others have all the points. If I look at the player list while playing, I would see the points there but not at the summary.

oneHeero

dwin45 said:
What controller setup is everyone using? I hate having melee on the thumbstick.
I use default and just change the crouch to L3.

I actually use the default setup on every game I play. Never have I changed it, idk why I dont change it, seems so difficult lol :(

Ploid 3.0

dwin45 said:

Custom. It's the same as default, but run is triangle, next weapon is L2, and crouch is L3. Having run on L2 didn't work good. It wouldn't activate all the time.

Teknoman

brandonh83 said:
Took me two different times of hackling the clerks about the voucher. No shit. I posted about it earlier in the thread, it was so annoying. First time they acted completely oblivious to what I was saying, second time when I'm like "yeah hey you guys should have Resistance 2 beta code vouchers for preorders" and the SAME GUYS were like oh yeah we've got those, handed me one, and that was that.

Incredible.

Yeah. I would've just preordered at gamestop where I work, but its still undergoing repairs from the hurricane. Now that I work at a gamestop, I really dont understand how others can be oblivious to promotions.

Im using default set up. Seems to work fine, and im used to using an analog for melee from COD 4. Wish someone would elaborate on how the comm. function works in game though :lol

dwin45 said:

I have reload on R3 and Melee on Square. No need to take my thumb off the stick to reload that way.

And tek, in-game it's open mic for your squad. I believe you push-to-talk to speak to your entire team but I'm not 100% certain.

Ploid 3.0

Pai Pai Master said:
I have reload on R3 and Melee on Square. No need to take my thumb off the stick to reload that way.

And tek, in-game it's open mic for your squad. I believe you push-to-talk to speak to your entire team but I'm not 100% certain.

good point. I'm going to make that tweak too. I haven't played much competitive mode at all. R2 is 3+ games in 1... Such a steal at it's price. More games should be this juicy.

dwin45

It's going to take me awhile to get used to this game. Grenades and weapons are far weaker than in Call of Duty 4 (why does it take 4 shotgun blasts to kill someone?) and it is just way more choatic than cod4.

dwin45 said:
It's going to take me awhile to get used to this game. Grenades and weapons are far weaker than in Call of Duty 4 (why does it take 4 shotgun blasts to kill someone?) and it is just way more choatic than cod4.

Good, because CoD4 it ain't. The sooner people get used to other FPS games, the better for the genre. :)

Servers are rebooting again. Just keep checking MyRes whenever you get booted off the servers.

Teknoman

Pai Pai Master said:

Oh, gotcha. Well, looking forward to getting in some co-op or more competitive tonight...whenever the servers go back up.

Is there any way to change squads mid-game?

Also I like how a full on 64 player battle (or really any number above 20) feels like a war. At least the team based competitive modes do. Hope when retail releases, people in squads use comm and teamwork.

Was this posted?

89181.jpg

Pulse Cannon; there's a listing for it in the leaderboards, or so I've heard.

wtf at the "weapons are weaker than in COD4"...

This AIN'T COD4, this is Resistance 2!!!! Chaotic run and gun, choose your weapon based on the situation, aim for the head, use secondary fire wisely, punch, grenade throw, and wreck shit... this ain't "hide and go shoot" like COD4.

dork

Banned
Took me awhile to recognize Teknoman with his new Avatar. We will have to play sometime. I haven't done coop yet, just competitive.

OH MY FUCKING GOD.

Just as I'm about to FINALLY FUCKING GET TO PLAY WITH OTHER PEOPLE

FUCKING SHIT GOES DOWN AGAIN.

/SLIT

This BETTER start working in the next day or so.

Teknoman

dork said:
Took me awhile to recognize Teknoman with his new Avatar. We will have to play sometime. I haven't done coop yet, just competitive.

Yeah i've been trying to find an avatar that I like AND no one else on my friends list is using.

EDIT: Wait you meant my GAF avatar right? :lol Its been awhile since MGO that I forgot I never added you to my actual PSN friends list.

jstevenson

Sailor Stevenson
OH MY FUCKING GOD.

Just as I'm about to FINALLY FUCKING GET TO PLAY WITH OTHER PEOPLE

FUCKING SHIT GOES DOWN AGAIN.

/SLIT

This BETTER start working in the next day or so.

Sorry about your bad luck, you seem to keep running into our server re-starts. This is a beta, though, so we're trying to get the servers a good workout. :)

Teknoman

jstevenson said:
Sorry about your bad luck, you seem to keep running into our server re-starts. This is a beta, though, so we're trying to get the servers a good workout. :)
Do what you've gotta do to make the game as polished as possible :D

Also holy crap at the amount of enemies I ran into in an earlier offline co-op test. It was like Left 4 Dead with alien hybrids.

jstevenson said:

I honestly think it just hates me. Whenever I do get those glorious 5 minutes intervals of fun, it seems there's already a billion games going on. Most people in this thread seem to be having far better luck than I with regard to getting online with others.

Corran Horn

May the Schwartz be with you
Yep. I just get the little resistance symbol in the bottom right. Background stays the same. Nothing happens and I get the regular menu options again.

:/
sometimes when that happens to me (stuck loading or whatever) i just had to exit the r2 beta and re-enter. It seemed that it wouldnt relogin to the beta servers unless you re-entered the game

Corran Horn said:
sometimes when that happens to me (stuck loading or whatever) i just had to exit the r2 beta and re-enter. It seemed that it wouldnt relogin to the beta servers unless you re-entered the game

Hmmm... I'll try this.

...and it doesn't seem to be working :p

Aeon712

So I sat down and played some TDM games earlier today and man is it shitty. It's one big clusterfuck with a crappy carbine(fix the carbine back to R1 standards kthx). Somehow I managed to go 70-47 without the use of any perks but felt I should've done better but I kept randomly dying when no one was around. Guess it was the secondary of the new rifle.

brandonh83 said:
As soon as I input my beta code into http://register.myresistance.net, it let me know what my access code was asap on the page next page it loaded. It also instantly emailed me the same info. I'd try putting the Gamestop code into that site again if I were you, because I didn't have to wait at all.

Rainy Dog

jstevenson said:

James, got my code as a Qore subscriber on Friday but I've not been able to connect to any matches all weekend. Can't even create my own, just hangs for a few seconds then gives me a server or network error. I can search for games and the live list of current matches comes up fine, but can't join anything. Any suggestions? I've tried redownloading and reinstalling, swapping between my various regional PSN accounts etc. But no luck with anything. My connection and net settings are all working perfectly, NAT2 and UPnP enabled.

I'm in the UK so could that be it? I'm hoping I might just need to wait until the UK beta goes live. Cheers in advance for any pointers anyway.

Top Bottom