• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

RESISTANCE 2 - Hype Thread w/latest info

Dartastic

I want a beta code so bad. How did you guys all get one, besides Qore? I signed up on that website a while back, but still no code for me. =(

Gibb

Soo.. Euro beta already started? I believe it was stated that this would start as from this week, right?

And if so, are the keys already being sent out? Or how is this going to be handled?

Ploid 3.0

I just played TDM 60p and it felt good. I liked it a lot. Maybe because I don't have to memorise pickup locations, and time when they're up. I also don't have to cross a guy monopolise air fule grenades or some loop hole spot. I didn't like the maps much on R1. It seemed like a problem spotting people or something. I'm glad the team colors are changed to this. I can just focus on fighting now i guess. Like Killzone and the red eyes, and blue light. I liked that about kz2.. video demonstrations of mp of course.

Dinged level 9 on spec ops also. I went through a tough scenario with 3 people. A great medic, and a bad tank. It's like he refused to use the shield to make things more challenging. The stalker fight at the end was kinda tough with me trying to speed things up, and a tank that spend most of his time peaking from behind a rock.

Teknoman

Dartastic said:
I want a beta code so bad. How did you guys all get one, besides Qore? I signed up on that website a while back, but still no code for me. =(

Preordered.

Also yes the splicer is nuts. Taking awhile to get back used to the crazy non-stealthy gameplay style. Getting a little better since I was pulling off head shots in chicago no problem (especially when we started to get cornered). Think I saw Dante in one of the games. Really want to see San Francisco though.

Teknoman said:
Preordered.

Also yes the splicer is nuts. Taking awhile to get back used to the crazy non-stealthy gameplay style. Getting a little better since I was pulling off head shots in chicago no problem (especially when we started to get cornered). Think I saw Dante in one of the games. Really want to see San Francisco though.

I was in that match for a few rounds. Blew you (TeknomanDX or some such) up with a grenad(Beren). Your team was camping the tops of buildings with marksmen/far eyes like no other :lol

Not such a hot level for the Splicer.

industrian

will gently cradle you as time slowly ticks away.
GodofWine said:
Crazy thing happened to me yesterday..saw a fellow gaf member online who added me to play this game with...so I was like cool..co-op time...joined his co-op game and spawned BUT:

- I was not on the list of who was playing in the game
- I was the 9th man....
- I spawned with no weapon
- I couldn't get into the area of the battle...all the doors were shut
- I ran around the entire wall..no way in

wtf :lol

That happened to me as well. Also the classic "fall through the map" bug.

Something hilarious that happened to me though was I got caught in the crossfire between two Titans, died, and they continued shooting at my corpse. All I saw on my screen was my body literally flying into the air and spinning around - every time they fired I just went higher. I had to mute my mic because I was laughing so much.

Dante

Ploid 3.0 said:
I just played TDM 60p and it felt good. I liked it a lot. Maybe because I don't have to memorise pickup locations, and time when they're up. I also don't have to cross a guy monopolise air fule grenades or some loop hole spot. I didn't like the maps much on R1. It seemed like a problem spotting people or something. I'm glad the team colors are changed to this. I can just focus on fighting now i guess. Like Killzone and the red eyes, and blue light. I liked that about kz2.. video demonstrations of mp of course.

Dinged level 9 on spec ops also. I went through a tough scenario with 3 people. A great medic, and a bad tank. It's like he refused to use the shield to make things more challenging. The stalker fight at the end was kinda tough with me trying to speed things up, and a tank that spend most of his time peaking from behind a rock.

I'm pretty sure I was in that game with ya...Chicago right? Was really fun :)

Hearing the splicer shredding dudes in the distance is awesome.

What's the craic with this IGN giveaway?

Why's it so complicated? You've to download some crap called comrade and then sign up to some Ambassador thing.

WTF? We also have no idea when it's happening.

I've no chance. :(

No45

BadlyCookedTurkey said:
What's the craic with this IGN giveaway?

Why's it so complicated? You've to download some crap called comrade and then sign up to some Ambassador thing.

WTF? We also have no idea when it's happening.

I've no chance. :(
You don't have to download it. If you do, they'll mail you an hour before everyone else to say the codes are available... but it's fair to say that once the first person knows, the rest of the internet will know. :D

I'm pretty sure I'll be fine just hitting F5 while I'm at work every ten minutes or so, but no loss if I'm not. I have an annoying habit of going for these betas and never playing them - don't really want to ruin the experience when the game gets its full release.

No45 said:
You don't have to download it. If you do, they'll mail you an hour before everyone else to say the codes are available... but it's fair to say that once the first person knows, the rest of the internet will know. :D

I'm pretty sure I'll be fine just hitting F5 while I'm at work every ten minutes or so, but no loss if I'm not. I have an annoying habit of going for these betas and never playing them - don't really want to ruin the experience when the game gets its full release.

I always play them a lot. Well as long as I'm allowed to, eh socom?

I wish we knew a time though. Don't know whether to stay at uni a little longer and camp out on the pcs. :D

Gibb

No45 said:

I'll be doing the same thing at work (I want to try this beta, already pre-ordered it).

Will post update here.

Just played the beta; very fun. I LOVE the dungeon crawler feel to co-op mode. Are the 3 classes in the beta the only classes in the final game or they left some out? Also, am I the only one extremely underwhelmed by the graphics?

Ploid 3.0

MisterAnderson said:
Just played the beta; very fun. I LOVE the dungeon crawler feel to co-op mode. Are the 3 classes in the beta the only classes in the final game or they left some out? Also, am I the only one extremely underwhelmed by the graphics?

Did you see all of the enemies fill the screen? Or 59 other people duke it out in a huge map with bullets and effects going off everywhere? I'm not underwhelmed. In fact I look at some of the graphics and wonder how they pull this off. Awesome locked framerate, exelent AA (no jaggies), and the war of the world like chaos going on. It's crazy!

BeeDog

Ploid 3.0 said:
Did you see all of the enemies fill the screen? Or 59 other people duke it out in a huge map with bullets and effects going off everywhere? I'm not underwhelmed. In fact I look at some of the graphics and wonder how they pull this off. It's crazy.

I so want to see this; any video(s) available?

Ploid 3.0 said:
Did you see all of the enemies fill the screen? Or 59 other people duke it out in a huge map with bullets and effects going off everywhere? I'm not underwhelmed. In fact I look at some of the graphics and wonder how they pull this off. Awesome locked framerate, exelent AA (no jaggies), and the war of the world like chaos going on. It's crazy!

The gameplay is very chaotic and fun, but both my friend and I were kind of silent when I first loaded up a game and were clearly reserving our disappointment with the visuals. We were expecting it to be a much better looking game based on the first pics released, but it's understandable it isn't spectacular due to the number of enemies/players in-game at once.

Maybe the single player campaign's graphics will impress me more, but I can't say that what we just played looked impressive with a straight face. The particle effects in particular seem especially plain (explosions/weapon effects etc.) almost a step down from Resistance 1 from what I remember. I'm not trying to troll, I am excited for this game and have the collector's edition preordered; can't wait to get my hands on it, but I can't help but share my slight disappointment in the graphics.

Ploid 3.0

Is the beta really capped at level 10 for Co op? I'll get 10 in one more good game. My last game I got about 150 kills. I wonder how many enemies show up per game at average. I got lucky, and no one picked a soldier. Soldiers get so many kills, and I have to babysit. But things work way better with them.

spwolf

MisterAnderson said:
The gameplay is very chaotic and fun, but both my friend and I were kind of silent when I first loaded up a game and were clearly reserving our disappointment with the visuals. We were expecting it to be a much better looking game based on the first pics released, but it's understandable it isn't spectacular due to the number of enemies/players in-game at once.

Maybe the single player campaign's graphics will impress me more, but I can't say that what we just played looked impressive with a straight face. The particle effects in particular seem especially plain (explosions/weapon effects etc.) almost a step down from Resistance 1 from what I remember. I'm not trying to troll, I am excited for this game and have the collector's edition preordered; can't wait to get my hands on it, but I can't help but share my slight disappointment in the graphics.

you need to play R1 again and then tell us with straight face that R2 graphics are step down :D

just because you think you remember something, doesnt mean it is true.

Yoshichan

And they made him a Lord of Cinder. Not for virtue, but for might. Such is a lord, I suppose. But here I ask. Do we have a sodding chance?
MisterAnderson said:
have the collector's edition preordered
Where?

No45

BadlyCookedTurkey said:
Where are they?!

If I go home now and miss em I'll be mad.
We just know today. No times/URLs confirmed yet (But I would imagine ps3.ign.com is a good starting point. :p).

r4z4

No45 said:
We just know today. No times/URLs confirmed yet (But I would imagine ps3.ign.com is a good starting point. :p).

Is this going to be a repeat of Eurogamer and LBP beta codes? I don't really sense as much expectation as we had that day.

No45

r4z4 said:
Is this going to be a repeat of Eurogamer and LBP beta codes? I don't really sense as much expectation as we had that day.
IGN handled their giveaway for LBP without a hitch from what I remember, so I think we're safe. I think IGN have more than a Dell laptop sitting in their bedroom to handle the traffic. :D

oneHeero

A big request JStevenson, can you make the games color coded like on R1, when a friend is in the game than in the lobby it shows green and blue for clan members. Please!!! That was so awesome in R1, no endless messages asking what room your in.

TTP

Have a fun! Enjoy!
oneHeero said:
A big request JStevenson, can you make the games color coded like on R1, when a friend is in the game than in the lobby it shows green and blue for clan members. Please!!! That was so awesome in R1, no endless messages asking what room your in.

Can't you just join him from the Party/Clan/Friends menu?

No45

DarkUSS said:
Do I have to download Gamespy's Comrade in order to get a beta key from IGN?
You don't have to, no. But they will notify you an hour before they notify everyone else, is my understanding. I assume that means they'll send an email an hour before they add a link to the article into the main page(s).

I'm fed up with jumping through hoops for betas, so I'm not bothering with any of that shit any more.

TwIsTeD

started playing at about 11pm last night and between catching up on some school work and playing co-op was on until about 4am this morning (realized i had to be at work at 8)

after playing socom this week i have to admit that R2 is the most refreshing shooter i have played in a long time, WaW beta was nice but this...this is epic

-Winnie-

So far it seems like Aussies and New Zealanders have been given the wrong codes. Our codes have given us "Girl with a Stick", which I think was the old private beta. That would explain why the servers don't work. -.-

r4z4

WOW Sony, just WOW

"UPDATE: Blimey, what is it with Sony and delays these days? We've just been told by Sony Europe that the Resistance 2 beta keys we've been waiting on have been held up due to unforeseen circumstances– and that means that, sadly, they won't be available today.

Many apologies to all of you that have camped out here at IGN this morning in anticipation of their arrival. We are currently pulling angry faces at Sony and ensuring we get our hands on the beta keys tomorrow, and we'll keep you updated as to when they will arrive. As for now, it's safe to step away from the computer and get some fresh air."

from http://ps3.ign.com/articles/921/921509p1.html

No45

http://ps3.ign.com/articles/921/921509p1.html

Everybody, back to sleep/work/whatever:

UPDATE: Blimey, what is it with Sony and delays these days? We've just been told by Sony Europe that the Resistance 2 beta keys we've been waiting on have been held up due to unforeseen circumstances– and that means that, sadly, they won't be available today.

Many apologies to all of you that have camped out here at IGN this morning in anticipation of their arrival. We are currently pulling angry faces at Sony and ensuring we get our hands on the beta keys tomorrow, and we'll keep you updated as to when they will arrive. As for now, it's safe to step away from the computer and get some fresh air.

EDIT: Bastard, beaten by seconds. :lol

Whiny soldiers are already bugging me. Dudes go running off into a big mess and expect me (spec ops) to go running to my death to try and resupply them.

The best co-op games have been when the team sticks together, finds a good position and locks it down so shields, ammo, and health can all be easily and quickly distributed.

Unfortunately, I see too many soldiers going Rambo, running off by themselves and then constantly whining for ammo and health.

No45

Union Carbine said:
Whiny soldiers are already bugging me. Dudes go running off into a big mess and expect me (spec ops) to go running to my death to try and resupply them.

The best co-op games have been when the team sticks together, finds a good position and locks it down so shields, ammo, and health can all be easily and quickly distributed.

Unfortunately, I see too many soldiers going Rambo, running off by themselves and then constantly whining for ammo and health.
Sounds like they have the MMO vibe off to a tee then. :lol

Top Bottom