• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

RESISTANCE 2 - Hype Thread w/latest info

Erebus

r4z4 said:
WOW Sony, just WOW

"UPDATE: Blimey, what is it with Sony and delays these days? We've just been told by Sony Europe that the Resistance 2 beta keys we've been waiting on have been held up due to unforeseen circumstances– and that means that, sadly, they won't be available today.

Many apologies to all of you that have camped out here at IGN this morning in anticipation of their arrival. We are currently pulling angry faces at Sony and ensuring we get our hands on the beta keys tomorrow, and we'll keep you updated as to when they will arrive. As for now, it's safe to step away from the computer and get some fresh air."

from http://ps3.ign.com/articles/921/921509p1.html

Nice! Sony is even delaying beta keys now!:lol :lol

SCEE FTFL:lol Damn they cant get a fucking beta right, i dont hold up much hope of getting home in europe this side of the ps3s life cycle.

Im assuming it is just the IGN codes that have been delayed, im still at work so i cant check my home email yet (damn home office security blocks :( ) but i have read a few people saying they have just got their Play.com ones so hopefully there will be 1 waiting for me when i get home (in about 1 hour).

Has anyone tried their play.com code yet as there are reports that Sony have put the wrong Beta up (the old closed 1 and not the open 1) and once you get to terms and conditions it says it dosnt work???

Im still at work so i cant check :( I hope it works as i have been really looking forward to it :(

Tiberius

Dirtyshubb said:
Has anyone tried their play.com code yet as there are reports that Sony have put the wrong Beta up (the old closed 1 and not the open 1) and once you get to terms and conditions it says it dosnt work???

Im still at work so i cant check :( I hope it works as i have been really looking forward to it :(
i'm downloading the game, no problem at all

BeeDog

Dirtyshubb said:

FUCK FUCK FUCK

The stupid shit code doesn't work for me. Getting this error:

"The code you entered may not be correct or may no longer be valid.

Please check your entries."

WHAT THE FUCK

andycapps

I kept having issues last night getting booted from games due to some sort of network error. Anyone else have that issue? I finished a few complete games, but half the time after I actually got in a game it'd boot me out halfway through. Got some issues connecting to host as well, a lot of full games (which is not a bad sign.. just that so many people are online).

dork

Banned
I'd fix the xp system before letting any more chumps in. Yeah I said it. Btw I'll be back at like 1 central am after the fable midnight with some codes from Gamestop. Pm me and you won't get it.

From what i have read the reason it works for some but not others is that if you were in the closed Beta it see's that you downloaded the beta before and wont let you do it again and if you were not in the closed beta it will let you download.

If the downlaod is 1732MB(something like that) than its the old beta and wont work when you try because the servers are closed down for that one :( They new Beta is meant to be around 2gig so thats the easiest way to tell.

If all this is true i cant believe that this would happen, i mean you would think something like this would be checked before hand and not found out by the people trying to download it?! Like i said before i have yet to check myself but there are a lot of people coming forward with the same story so sadly it does seem to be true, i just hope Sony hurry up and put the correct Beta up on the Servers.

GodofWine

I had no luck getting into Co-op last night...and when I did, the host's never started the game..or weren't there anymore..then my name was on top and everyone was yelling at me to start it...but I had no 'Start Game' button.

But Competitive worked fine...and was awesome again...2v2 in the alleys is so cool...tactical play is totally possible.

Anub1s76

i just got beta code from play.com but i cant use it, it say code is invalid, anyone that got play.com codes having same issue?

andycapps

bcn-ron said:
What's a 8002311A? That's the error code I get whenever I enter the beta code I've just received from play.com.

*grumble*

I do believe that's some sort of network error. I got that error last Thursday when I tried to access the PS store. Keep trying, or give it a bit and try again. I think the PSN is having some issues the past few days, just going by what I and others have experienced during the beta. Wouldn't be surprised if we get a small firmware patch in the next few days to fix some network issues.

Wollan

ksimm said:
Yup, I think we are all in the same boat, the play.com keys do not work.
The keys, they do nothing!
The Friday emergency meeting at Insomniac apparently didn't last long enough. :lol
(They had to activate a series of Gamestop keys that didn't work)

Rolf NB

andycapps said:
I do believe that's some sort of network error. I got that error last Thursday when I tried to access the PS store. Keep trying, or give it a bit and try again. I think the PSN is having some issues the past few days, just going by what I and others have experienced during the beta. Wouldn't be surprised if we get a small firmware patch in the next few days to fix some network issues.
Yeah, it seemed familiar that way, but the other PSN stuff (sign-in, store) was running just fine. For the record, there are two places to redeem the code: 1)in account management and 2)in the store (little icon top right since the 2.50 update) and I tried both with the same results. With a real PSN failure I wouldn't expect to be able to login or even enter the store.

Oh well. I have work to do anyways. Will try again later tonight. Maybe it sorts itself out until then.

NIN90

SCEE you shitheads

This is the only week that I have off for the rest of the year and Sony delays everything.

Thanks.

I finally got into the beta. YAY!
I tried to connect all this morning but kept getting a "Establishing Connection to Game Timed Out"
Is that my router or are the servers down?

Concept17

So uhh...I missed how long this beta is? Only a couple weeks from release now and need to know how much I should play before-hand while I have other games to play as well.

Facism

dork said:
I'd fix the xp system before letting any more chumps in. Yeah I said it. Btw I'll be back at like 1 central am after the fable midnight with some codes from Gamestop. Pm me and you won't get it.

ah bugger it all, i'll be in bed.

Rainy Dog

BruceLeeRoy said:
I tried to connect all this morning but kept getting a "Establishing Connection to Game Timed Out"

I've had this all weekend Bruce. Been trying since Friday and not managed to join one game. Have you tried creating your own match? I can't even do that :/

Firewire

Banned
BruceLeeRoy said:

The servers have been up & down since early Saturday. Apparently Insomniac has been tweaking stuff.

I couldn't hold a game last night, repeated network connection errors.

jjasper

Really? I played for 2.5 hours last night with no problems. Couldn't do matchmaking though you have to find the game myself.

GodofWine

ksimm said:
The keys, they do nothing!

Is that an adapted Radio Active Man quote?! :lol

Anyway...when does this beta end??? I need to show friends this game and don't wanna miss a chance to pre-release.

Firewire

Banned
jjasper said:
Really? I played for 2.5 hours last night with no problems. Couldn't do matchmaking though you have to find the game myself.

I tried 4-5 times to get into a co-op match with friends. I got in 2 times and eventually got booted with the connection error soon after joining. :(

I remember reading that Insomniac was working on the stats system problem, so I'm assuming they had the servers up & down trying to tweak stuff.

doop de dum, de doop de dum, waiting on my beta code ain't no fun
doop de dum, de doop de dum, everyone else on my PSN list IS havin' fun
doop de dum, de doop de dum, FUUUUUUUCKKKKKKKKKKKKKKKKKKK

I'm getting incredibly worried about all the bugs/freezes/shit not working.

"blah blah BETA blah blah"

Yea, that's a valid argument when the game isn't already gold (or very close) and the "beta" is 2 weeks before launch.

Between the servers being down, the game freezing when trying to enter a game (3 out of 5 I'd say), trying to reconnect to PSN which is being a Bitch...

Also, after resigning into PSN and getting back into the game... even if it was up before it is 100% down for at least a few minutes for me. It's a vicous fucking cycle.

It's not really worth the effort so far. Why should I believe it's gonig to be any better come release in a week or two?

Someone console me!

Y2Kev

TLG Fan Caretaker Est. 2009
I think 60p games are weird. It's never good when a game is so big that someone from GAF could be in your game and you'd have no idea :lol

Top Bottom