• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

RESISTANCE 2 - Hype Thread w/latest info

Teknoman

No Lark or Dragon that i've seen (Dragon might have been replaced with that nade launcher that has a napalm alt fire). Auger is in though with a somewhat improved shield.

Dizzan said:
Lets hope that they use this feedback from this beta to rectify the problem in the final game.

I love that.

How is it a beta when the game comes out in 2 weeks, lol? The game's already on discs! :lol

In other news, the co-op is hectic as hell. It's sorta neat.

dork

Banned
I have 3 codes.

the codes must be redeemed by October 22nd!!! using the site register.myresistance.net

FIrst 3 people to ask for them can have them. (I will not give them to someone who only posts like once a year to get something)

dork said:
I have 3 codes.

the codes must be redeemed by October 22nd!!! using the site register.myresistance.net

FIrst 3 people to ask for them can have them. (I will not give them to someone who only posts like once a year to get something)
Me :D

dork said:
I have 3 codes.

me please!

Dizzan

MINI Member
TheMissingLink said:
I love that.

How is it a beta when the game comes out in 2 weeks, lol? The game's already on discs! :lol

Are you seriously that naive?

Yeah Insomniac went to all the trouble of providing the Beta so little Johnny could get his R2 fix before the game releases. Hay Thanx guyz.

They wouldn't do a beta if they weren't using it for feedback.

They will fix any problems through a patch.

dork said:
sent to all 3 of you

Much love

Snipes424

TheMissingLink said:
I love that.

They can still tweak things after the game has launched. I think jstevenson already said that there would be a day 1 patch.

Teknoman

TheMissingLink said:
I love that.

Day 1 patch?

EDIT: Yup, beaten.

WinFonda

Wollan said:
Another thing I've noticed about the latest ads. They have started to 'clutter' up the PlayStation 3 logo at the end. In this one you see a Chimera, in the MotorStorm 2 ad you see the logo get sprayed on.
Yeah, I think their trying to give more of an individual identity to their games.

Snipes424

Ding! Level 10 on my medic looks like you get a
Shotgun for your secondary weapon as oppose to Carbine

Should be level 10 on my spec ops by tomorrow, I love co-op :D

Snipes424 said:

You can check what weapon each class gets by checking the stats.

Spec-ops get the Laark : /

Ploid 3.0

Snipes424 said:

I have 10 on my spec and no new toy. It seems to be as if I was level 9. Bullseye and nothing else still. I have both upgrade items from 6 and 8.

Facism

co-op is fun, but really could benefit from a preset comms system like MGO.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=k7-lJm3eRxg&feature=related (in japanese, but what happens is you press select, menu comes up with grouped commands in which their are 4 options each)

Select > dpad voice comms option ('I need ammo,' 'I need a Medic' etc)

Quick, responsive and fuckin easy, just like MGO's system. Not everyone uses a mic, and about a 3rd of them either haven't set it up properly, or have every other sound in their house come through.

Played one game where Spec-ops did their jobs properly. Played 3 where they didn't, all the soldiers ran out of ammo/shield, game got frustrating. Medics generally do their jobs consistently.

Competitive was great. On 40 player tdm on orick, the whole team was always together, and battles shifted from one area of the map to another. The flow was spot on.

The bridge from one lumber storehouse to the other was a great place for a battle, and it was set up perfectly with both teams either side of it, flanking, nades and auger shields going down.

ItAintEasyBeinCheesy

it's 4th of July in my asshole
Facism said:
co-op is fun, but really could benefit from a preset comms system like MGO.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=k7-lJm3eRxg&feature=related (in japanese, but what happens is you press select, menu comes up with grouped commands in which their are 4 options each)

Select > dpad voice comms option ('I need ammo,' 'I need a Medic' etc)

Quick, responsive and fuckin easy, just like MGO's system. Not everyone uses a mic, and about a 3rd of them either haven't set it up properly, or have every other sound in their house come through.

Played one game where Spec-ops did their jobs properly. Played 3 where they didn't, all the soldiers ran out of ammo/shield, game got frustrating. Medics generally do their jobs consistently.

Competitive was great. On 40 player tdm on orick, the whole team was always together, and battles shifted from one area of the map to another. The flow was spot on.

The bridge from one lumber storehouse to the other was a great place for a battle, and it was set up perfectly with both teams either side of it, flanking, nades and auger shields going down.

No need for the voice thing i recon, you got the icons that stay on the screen health, ammo, death so thats easy enough, but i also guess they are trying to push for comms, pretty fun screaming out MEDIC!!!!....... but no so fun is listen to some of the Americans,

"Yo i need some ammo, i need ammo yo, yoooooo i need ammo"

"Your Spec Ops you dickhead, you give yourself ammo"

2 mins later "Yooooooo i need some ammo"

I hope there will be a lot of peeps with headsets. COD4 and the first resistance were good for headsets.

Any sign of when SCEE are fixing the balls up, or anyone have spare codes? :D

Ploid 3.0

I get tanks begging for ammo when I can't spit them out fast enough. They go head first into a whole army of shooting mobs (the flying orbs, the shield dudes, the normal chimeras - x 50) and expect the shield to hold up well enough. Bad tanks don't use shield, and use shield but go running into the center of battle, or in the face of unneeded extra fire.

Facism

ItAintEasyBeinCheesy said:
No need for the voice thing i recon, you got the icons that stay on the screen health, ammo, death so thats easy enough, but i also guess they are trying to push for comms, pretty fun screaming out MEDIC!!!!....... but no so fun is listen to some of the Americans,

"Yo i need some ammo, i need ammo yo, yoooooo i need ammo"

"Your Spec Ops you dickhead, you give yourself ammo"

2 mins later "Yooooooo i need some ammo"
ahhh, see i didn't know about the onscreen prompts for ammo and health (only played soldier).

That means there's some really shitty players online ;p

Dear Customer

Thank you for your recent pre-order for Resistance 2 (PS3).

We have been made aware by Sony that due to an administration error the BETA access code we recently emailed you is incorrect, and therefore will not work.

Sony are currently working to resolve this issue and we will email you a new code in the next 48 hours.

Please accept our apologies for any inconvenience caused in this matter and thank you for your patience.

Kind Regards,

Play.com

Funny thing is i never got the first email with the fucked code in it. Hope they get this sorted.:lol

BeeDog

supermackem said:
Hmmm hopeing they noticed the problem before sending them all out then, or have i been screwd out of the beta.:lol

This might sound stupid, but did you preorder the game while the item information (on their site) still said preorders would get beta codes? When all the preorders were up, they changed the page info to reflect that.

BeeDog said:
This might sound stupid, but did you preorder the game while the item information (on their site) still said preorders would get beta codes? When all the preorders were up, they changed the page info to reflect that.

Yeah mate, had a preorder for a few weeks now. Seems strange to get that email yet not get the first one with the shitty code.

BeeDog

supermackem said:
Yeah mate, had a preorder for a few weeks now. Seems strange to get that email yet not get the first one with the shitty code.

Then I'd say twiddle your thumbs and hope for the best. :lol If I get the mail with the new (and hopefully working code) I'll give you a heads-up here.

Top Bottom