• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

RESISTANCE 2 - Hype Thread w/latest info

industrian said:
The worst kind of tanks are those that play defensively and/or do not use their shield. The tanks should always be at the front pushing forward, with their shields protecting the Spec-ops and medics who are providing supporting firepower and supplies/health.

In my first game as a tank the other day I ran out of ammo on numerous occassions, and that shit is inexcusable. Seeing as I'm a Level 7 Spec-Ops as well, I made a habit of running about all over the place making sure no-one ran dry - as that's the only way you'll get shit done.

Also there's an annoying lack of people realising you need a balance of classes. The other day there were 5 Spec Ops and 3 Medics before anyone decided to be a soldier (me). Then halfway through the game we realised there were no medics. We still managed fine though, even if we nearly got slaughtered at the "we have to hit these two switches at the same-HOLY SHIT THEY SPAWNED BEHIND US BAIL OUT! BAIL OUT!" part.

Yep there are plenty of shitty tanks/spec ops out there. It seems medics generally understand their role, but many tanks don't use their shields wisely nor do they consider their teammates positions. Also, far too many spec ops play like tanks running around by themselves instead of supplying ammo. This team I played with last night thought the only time to give out ammo was after the skirmish, even though I kept telling them to spec ops/tank pair up to keep the shields strong... yet by the end of the mission I had the second most amount of kills... AS A MEDIC.

Pretty sad, but still fun as hell!

BeeDog

Alright, played one full co-op round. This shit's fun!

The graphics are pretty damn good for whatever it's worth. Overall, the aestethics isn't pleasing (too many large text bubbles everywhere with large fonts, bad crosshairs etc.), but damn if this engine isn't stable. So much shit happening on screen without it ever nosediving. The water's pretty fucking cool as well.

I tried playing as a soldier, and it was pretty fun mowing chimerans down. The only thing that was lame (and which has been said several times) are the big bosses that take aaaages to kill. They also often get stuck in various geometry, and don't seem to do anything at all. I'd say lower their health, speed them up and give stronger area attacks to force players to move around and shit.

sullytao

2nd key from Play.com just arrived, and its the open beta this time :D
Though it's about 500mb bigger than the private one. And it shows by taking its sweet time to download but good things come to those who wait.

sullytao said:
2nd key from Play.com just arrived, and its the open beta this time :D
Though it's about 500mb bigger than the private one. And it shows by taking its sweet time to download but good things come to those who wait.

give me please.

andycapps

Question on the public beta, how long does this last? I just got in last Thursday I believe, but I hope it's not ending this week. Especially since I'm having such a hard time (still) joining a game and not having the network (either Sony or Insomniac's side) crapping out on me halfway through.

And no, it's not my network. Played 5-6 rounds of Warhawk in a row last night.

jstevenson

Sailor Stevenson
Facism said:
played some more.

Kinda going cold on Coop already. Enemies have too much hp and are as thick as shit. I'm hoping this isn't going to representative of the final coop mode or even the SP AI. yeh yeh beta i know, doesn't stop the game coming in a month ;p

The recent coop games i've played have been 'stand still > recieve ammo > hold trigger down > wait 5 minutes for one Steelhead general or whatever to go down whilst he dives all over the place.

Not good pacing and just gives me fatigue.

Belloc is awesome.

Don't play as a Soldier then... if you aren't a tank player, then being a tank won't appeal to you. Play Medic and/or Spec Ops.

All three classes play quite differently.

M3Freak

Banned
Our usual medic (queeg) rushes into every battle. I think he has the soldier and medic classes mixed up, or he's deranged.

jstevenson

Sailor Stevenson
andycapps said:
Question on the public beta, how long does this last? I just got in last Thursday I believe, but I hope it's not ending this week. Especially since I'm having such a hard time (still) joining a game and not having the network (either Sony or Insomniac's side) crapping out on me halfway through.

And no, it's not my network. Played 5-6 rounds of Warhawk in a row last night.

It actually probably is your network --- MyResistance.Net is the best place to report these tech issues though...

Evazan

aka [CFD] El Capitan
jstevenson said:
Don't play as a Soldier then... if you aren't a tank player, then being a tank won't appeal to you. Play Medic and/or Spec Ops.

All three classes play quite differently.

Very true. So far medic is my fav.

Whats the deal with all the network issues people are seeing? Every once in a while i wont be able to connect either. I think Bruceleeroy and andycapps sound like they have the same issue.

jstevenson

Sailor Stevenson
Evazan said:
Very true. So far medic is my fav.

Whats the deal with all the network issues people are seeing? Every once in a while i wont be able to connect either. I think Bruceleeroy and andycapps sound like they have the same issue.

The servers are being restarted frequently. We're doing a lot of work on them and the stats system.

If you are having drops, or can't connect once in a while that's one thing. If you are having massive issues connecting, or cannot connect at all - that's more likely on your end. For the most part, the servers have been up.

Most up-to-date restart news and downtime is posted in the R2 Forum at MyRes.

Yoshichan

And they made him a Lord of Cinder. Not for virtue, but for might. Such is a lord, I suppose. But here I ask. Do we have a sodding chance?
Gibb said:
IGN is giving away beta codes for EU "later today"... they say it's for real this time!

F5.. F5.. F5...
Shiiiiiiiiiiiiit!!!!!!

____

jstevenson said:
Free US codes to the next 10 people who PM me.

Yes seriously.

GO!

Please please please let mine have been within the first 10

I hit quote instead of PM at first so I pray that wasted .034 seconds didn't hinder my chances :lol

Yoshichan

And they made him a Lord of Cinder. Not for virtue, but for might. Such is a lord, I suppose. But here I ask. Do we have a sodding chance?
I bet I was too slow... FUCK ;_;

WHY, OH WHY did I go to the bathroom?!

I think some free codes to those who preordered and registered the Gamestop code on the site, and who also bought Qore episode 3 but didn't get a code yet would be nice, too. :D

I normally wouldn't make a big deal about getting into a beta... but getting the code from Gamestop was a mess and a process in of itself, and if I don't get to play the beta that'll make all the BS I went through with Gamestop a waste of my time, and that sucks pretty bad.

Are more waves of codes being sent out today?

Kyoufu

Hopefully one day Karma pays off and I will be rewarded for giving away LBP and SOCOM codes in their respective betas....right? :(

Yoshichan

Kyoufu said:
Hopefully one day Karma pays off and I will be rewarded for giving away LBP and SOCOM codes in their respective betas....right? :(
You from US?

Yoshichan

jstevenson said:
Jeez that was fast.. like, 30 seconds...
That's the Resistance 2 hype for ya :D

Top Bottom