• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

RESISTANCE 2 - Hype Thread w/latest info

Well, there are still a lot of little things nagging me.

Paramount, I think, is that weapon pickups need to be INSTANT. There's a bit of a delay and it's cumbersome to do in intense situations.

The good news is the more I play the more I'm beginning to like it. Mostly because I'm now 800% better than I was at the start. I've learned pretty much which weapon I like when, and the Marksman is totally BEAST. It probably needs a reduction if anything. I used to be lazy and just kept the magnum (it is fun) but lately I've been doing the smart thing and switching out for a carbine/bullseye (I'm getting good with it too). Of course it helps that there are only a few levels to learn and learn tendencies on.

JardeL

May I have a code please ?.. All registered codes for registered users on Filplanet are gone :( ...

And why the fucq is Fileplanet not accepting Turkey as an EU country , damn ... Lost a lot of time while lookin for proxy and all codes gone damn damn damn !

NIN90

EnthusiasTech said:
May I have a code please ?.. All registered codes for registered users on Filplanet are gone :( ...

And why the fucq is Fileplanet not accepting Turkey as an EU country , damn ... Lost a lot of time while lookin for proxy and all codes gone damn damn damn !

Wow, that's tough luck.
Someone provide this man with a key.

lowrider007

Licorice-flavoured booze?
dwin45 said:
Can't everybody download the beta tomorrow anyway?

So anyone can join the beta tomorrow (EU and NA ?) as long as they are signed up to MyResistance ?

Teetris said:
Oh, this game supports DTS. Nice! :D

Now THAT has made my day !, so glad they went with DTS as the difference in audio quality over AC3 is like night and day, pass thanks along to whoever made that decision.

andycapps

jstevenson said:
It actually probably is your network --- MyResistance.Net is the best place to report these tech issues though...

Well, I don't have issues with other titles though.. It could be other issues I suppose. Are these co-op games P2P or are they being run through dedicated servers? Does it cause issues when the host quits out of a game or does it automatically reassign the host duties to someone on the fly? Most of my issues are taking place during games that it throws up a network error. I'll check the MyRes forums though.

Russtic

Banned
intheinbetween said:
can this beta be shared with other users?

Yes.

I will probably pass on this game, co-op was fun for a second but its novelty quickly ran flat. Oh well, heres waiting for KZ2 to dethrone COD4.

industrian

will gently cradle you as time slowly ticks away.
Godamn noob Spec-Ops. Just fucking sit behind me, snipe, and constantly feed me ammo. That's all a soldier asks - and it'll get the job done twice as easily.

andycapps

industrian said:
Godamn noob Spec-Ops. Just fucking sit behind me, snipe, and constantly feed me ammo. That's all a soldier asks - and it'll get the job done twice as easily.

It helps to have a headset on so you can yell at them and tell them what to do. It also helps is they ever listen. :D If you're like me and tired of running out of health/ammo, you switch to that class and take care of the team yourself.

industrian

andycapps said:
It helps to have a headset on so you can yell at them and tell them what to do. It also helps is they ever listen. :D If you're like me and tired of running out of health/ammo, you switch to that class and take care of the team yourself.

I do, and I make a habit out of thanking the guys for giving me ammo. But a lot of Spec-Ops think their name gives them a justification for being lone wolves when in fact they are the crux of the team. I ran out of ammo constantly, and in once instance I was standing between two Spec-Ops with zero ammo left and they didn't give me anything. Also, I had to resort to meleeing the Large Grims to death because those fucks wouldn't do shit.

I actually welcome death most of the time as a Soldier now, because at least I get an ammo refill when i respawn/get revived.

/rant

Just had the most amazing co-op game yet. For some reason it lasted longer too, we went all around the map doing all objectives. Took like 1 hour or so. Maybe more, I lost track. I was the only medic on the 8 player team and I was playing like crazy :lol

bedhz6.jpg

jmonteiro

industrian said:
I do, and I make a habit out of thanking the guys for giving me ammo. But a lot of Spec-Ops think their name gives them a justification for being lone wolves when in fact they are the crux of the team. I ran out of ammo constantly, and in once instance I was standing between two Spec-Ops with zero ammo left and they didn't give me anything. Also, I had to resort to meleeing the Large Grims to death because those fucks wouldn't do shit.

I actually welcome death most of the time as a Soldier now, because at least I get an ammo refill when i respawn/get revived.

/rant

So true :lol :lol :lol :lol

industrian

Metalmurphy said:
Just had the most amazing co-op game yet. For some reason it lasted longer too, we went all around the map doing all objectives. Took like 1 hour or so. Maybe more, I lost track. I was the only medic on the 8 player team and I was playing like crazy :lol

Most of my co-op games seem to last 40+ minutes. But I think we did everything except storm the hill on that game.

industrian

Ploid 3.0 said:
How about that kamakaze berserk. Blow yourself up.

OH SHIT SON! I just unlocked that.

*equips*

I'm going to scream "ALLLLLLLLLLLAAAAAAAAAAAAAAHHHHHHHHHHHH!!" whenever I use it. On second thoughts I better not, otherwise Resistance 2 might get delayed. :lol

Ploid 3.0

industrian said:
OH SHIT SON! I just unlocked that.

*equips*

I'm going to scream "ALLLLLLLLLLLAAAAAAAAAAAAAAHHHHHHHHHHHH!!" whenever I use it. On second thoughts I better not, otherwise Resistance 2 might get delayed. :lol

Hhaha :lol

I've been playing a spec-ops. What I've seen:
  • guys go running off into a giant scrum and then expect you to get to them;
  • I run out of ammo too fast;
  • between set-pieces when I have a chance to get everyone taken care of, people instead go sprinting off to the next area without regrouping;
  • I'm conflicted about getting into good sniping/long range/flanking positions and doing ammo distribution- ammo distribution alone is not satisfying.

Dizzan

MINI Member
Hey JS I posted this at myresistance but I dl the beta and the patch but it only loads until the screen where Hale is standing in front of the burning city. I have to manually restart my PS3.

Its done this 3 times in a row. Is this a bug or is it my ps3. Other functions/games seem to be working fine.

The Marksman is SOOOOO AWESOME. Already now one of my favorite guns EVER. It feels a little unfair at times, though, but hey... other people can use it too :p

Though really, not so useful for 60v60... too many targets alternating in and out... I've found the Bellock really wreaks havoc in such situations.

I think im a pretty good spec ops, i try to stay with soldiers, and keep them tip top, the problem is when douchebag soldiers keep running gung ho into a battle and getting me killed. I unlocked the bullseye which helps alot. im doing my part!

my psn is gamerecks

i need other people to play with.

DrPirate

Banned
industrian said:
The ideal team has three Spec-Ops imo.

Ideal team has 8 medics :p

gamerecks said:
I think im a pretty good spec ops, i try to stay with soldiers, and keep them tip top, the problem is when douchebag soldiers keep running gung ho into a battle and getting me killed. I unlocked the bullseye which helps alot. im doing my part!

my psn is gamerecks

i need other people to play with.

This is why I play medic now. I kept getting dragged into death situations while resupplying soldiers.

industrian

My Arms Your Hearse said:
The Marksman is SOOOOO AWESOME. Already now one of my favorite guns EVER. It feels a little unfair at times, though, but hey... other people can use it too :p

The Marksman is my favourite. Ironically I sucked at using the M16 in CoD4 though. :p

gamerecks said:

An introductory guide to R2 bitching:

Medics: There's either none of them or the majority of the team are them.
Spec-Ops: They think they're tanks.
Tanks: USE YOUR FUCKING SHIELD!

Top Bottom