• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

RESISTANCE 2 - Hype Thread w/latest info

Grenade throws need to be higher. You can be standing at a rail that is waist high, throw a grenade, and it gets stuck. It get stuck slightly less frequently on even smaller and more obscure objects. Not to mention if someone spawns in front of you/crowded area. You can keep everything the same, just made them come out higher on the body or something.

Yoshichan

And they made him a Lord of Cinder. Not for virtue, but for might. Such is a lord, I suppose. But here I ask. Do we have a sodding chance?
Granny, check your PM :)

industrian

will gently cradle you as time slowly ticks away.
Byakuya769 said:
Yep there are plenty of shitty tanks/spec ops out there. It seems medics generally understand their role, but many tanks don't use their shields wisely nor do they consider their teammates positions. Also, far too many spec ops play like tanks running around by themselves instead of supplying ammo. This team I played with last night thought the only time to give out ammo was after the skirmish, even though I kept telling them to spec ops/tank pair up to keep the shields strong... yet by the end of the mission I had the second most amount of kills... AS A MEDIC.

Pretty sad, but still fun as hell!

I'll be pretty honest, I play a fairly freelance role when I go Spec-Ops, as I feel that getting invisibility every five minutes warrants a bit of behind-enemy-lines action. Especially if I see any turrets.

That said, as soon as I see an "ammo needed" icon pop-up during battle then I'll stop everything and sprint over to where I'm needed, as no other Spec-Ops can be relied on to do the job (because they don't tell me if they have it covered.)

Yoshichan

And they made him a Lord of Cinder. Not for virtue, but for might. Such is a lord, I suppose. But here I ask. Do we have a sodding chance?
Razor554 said:
Downloading the beta RIGHT FUCKING NOW. :D
Same :D I love life!

The downloads fast as hell!

Esperado

* Sorry, your GameStop Registration code is invalid.

wat?

What do I do? Should I go back to the store right now and try to get another one? Is it over, the card said until 10/22.. :(

De-mon

To jstevenson:

god20bless20youov0.jpg

Yoshichan

Firewire said:
1 Down, someone must have 1 extra code somewhere for brandonh83!
Yeah, come on! Someone be nice to him.

So any chance of them fixing the controls and removing the forced COD4 iron sights? Also the grenade throws need to be tweaked and when using the splicer when I'm revving up a saw blade with R2,once I release that button the saw should come flying out. I shouldn't have to press R1 while holding R2 to fire the damn thing,that's just awkward.

Kyoufu

So whats the difference between the EU and US beta? Are people region locked via IP or just segregated onto different servers?

Also, many thanks to JS.

industrian

will gently cradle you as time slowly ticks away.
dhelfric said:
Because it didn't work on my German account and last time I checked Germany is an european country.

I assumed it was the opposite way around, in that you didn't expect a EU code to work on a UK account. But whatever, it's good you've got access to the beta.

I can only assume the lack of attention to Germany is a censorship thing.

Yoshichan

dhelfric said:
Because it didn't work on my German account and last time I checked Germany is an european country.
:lol

Yoshichan

If you want a key, don't forget to tell us if it's EU/US.

Dever

Banned
EU here, I'd like a key if anyone's got a spare. I played the LBP beta with an US code though so I guess either one is fine?

garath

I'm not one to beg, but if someone does have a spare NA key to give out it would be amazing :)

Also, was curious if anyone had just tried a 2 player co-op game? Is it balanced well for just 2 or does the class system really demand more?

Evazan

aka [CFD] El Capitan
jstevenson said:
The servers are being restarted frequently. We're doing a lot of work on them and the stats system.

If you are having drops, or can't connect once in a while that's one thing. If you are having massive issues connecting, or cannot connect at all - that's more likely on your end. For the most part, the servers have been up.

Most up-to-date restart news and downtime is posted in the R2 Forum at MyRes.

Ok my issue must have just been the servers being restarted. I just went back home and played some. Good times!

Top Bottom