• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

RESISTANCE 2 - Hype Thread w/latest info

Nightz

aj2good4you2 said:
well i loved resistance 1 but i can only choose either this or LBP for the next month due to budget issues so i wanted to see for myself.
Well if I'm already in because of my Gamestop reservation, but if I ever get my QORE code, I'll give it to you.

Nightz said:
Well if I'm already in because of my Gamestop reservation, but if I ever get my QORE code, I'll give it to you.

thanks for the consideration! i tried my gamestop last week but they said that the list of people to receive codes had already been filled so i wouldnt receive anything if i reserved. but that kinda stuff is typical of my gamestop:lol :lol

jstevenson

Sailor Stevenson
Wollan said:
JS, is November 28th the actual EU release date?

I find it weird, Sony have been good at doing worldwide (if it's a western made game) releases for the last two years but R2, MS2 & Socom are all releasing weeks later in EU this year.

Yes. Though I don't know all the reasons. Imagine between localizing and getting all the territories working together there it can get interesting.

Extra reason to import the Collector's Edition for the uber fans?

ItAintEasyBeinCheesy

it's 4th of July in my asshole
jstevenson said:
Yes. Though I don't know all the reasons. Imagine between localizing and getting all the territories working together there it can get interesting.

..............done :D

Kingsora

Would rather have no penis than have to show his to a medical professional
I don't want to start begging, because that just fucked up the LBP thread so I am going to ask it nicely: if anyone has a spare key, I'll be glad to have it :p

Btw how is the co-op mode? Is there also some story in involved?

Esperado

Damn, this game is awesome. I really don't see myself playing any other games in the foreseeable future. I think Insomniac has some kind of hidden agenda against Sony, because after playing this and seeing how well co-op works when it works and how much fun it is, it's going to be hard to sell me on anything else. I don't know how you guys did it (well, you do have Briant Intihar now), but thank you for this awesome game. You guys rock JS! Now I just hope you guys have planned some downloable co-op content.

industrian

will gently cradle you as time slowly ticks away.
Nightz said:
Yes.
When the game releases in 2 weeks. :p

Hold up.

*checks calendar*

I don't fucking believe it. It's November already. This year has went too fucking quickly.

AndyD

aka andydumi
Kingsora said:
Btw how is the co-op mode? Is there also some story in involved?

I just got in today thanks to JS, and the coop is fantastic. Thrilling, visceral and edge of your seat. Especially if a few people have headsets and you get a good rhythm down.

I played with Stoffinator as the tank and did my best to keep him ammoed up...

I need a refresher in all the weapons though...

ukas

aj2good4you2 said:
thanks for the consideration! i tried my gamestop last week but they said that the list of people to receive codes had already been filled so i wouldnt receive anything if i reserved. but that kinda stuff is typical of my gamestop:lol :lol

I have my Qore code if you want it. I just don't have time to give it a go. Just send me a pm.

Yoshichan

And they made him a Lord of Cinder. Not for virtue, but for might. Such is a lord, I suppose. But here I ask. Do we have a sodding chance?
:lol tried soloing the coop, came pretty far actually! (died right after the spider boss). The titan took me like 25 minutes...

Kingsora

Would rather have no penis than have to show his to a medical professional
andydumi said:
I just got in today thanks to JS, and the coop is fantastic. Thrilling, visceral and edge of your seat. Especially if a few people have headsets and you get a good rhythm down.

I played with Stoffinator as the tank and did my best to keep him ammoed up...

I need a refresher in all the weapons though...
I mean are there cutscenes in it? :p

Erebus

jstevenson said:

I take that the game will support global servers then, am I right?:D

sullytao

jstevenson said:

Bah guess I'l have to import it then.

Does anyone know what the fastest site to use is to get the game to the UK after release?

sol_bad

I had a Gamestop reservation.
I received an email giving me a code to register in at My Resistance. So I went to the site and did that, it told me I'd receive another email giving me the code for the beta on PSN.

I still haven't received any further emails. Help me GAF, what do I do?

Teknoman

sol_bad said:
I had a Gamestop reservation.
I received an email giving me a code to register in at My Resistance. So I went to the site and did that, it told me I'd receive another email giving me the code for the beta on PSN.

I still haven't received any further emails. Help me GAF, what do I do?

The site should have given your code instantly and sent the email as a back up precaution.

Could be a really dumb question, but I'm tired of playing with strangers.

Co-op. I set up private spots for friends and create the game.

How do I invite them to my game!?

Yoshichan

And they made him a Lord of Cinder. Not for virtue, but for might. Such is a lord, I suppose. But here I ask. Do we have a sodding chance?
Well, I just completed the coop campaign solo as a medic... got 47k exp but I'm never doing that again :p

It was fun and all but it was too much of a "peak out of the corner, kill one chimera-after another, slowly" but yeah, that's why it's coop after all :p

It was fun!

Ploid 3.0

Seiken said:
Well, I just completed the coop campaign solo as a medic... got 47k exp but I'm never doing that again :p

It was fun and all but it was too much of a "peak out of the corner, kill one chimera-after another, slowly" but yeah, that's why it's coop after all :p

It was fun!

How do you set it up for solo?

Yoshichan

Ploid 3.0 said:
How do you set it up for solo?
Choose Cooperative, then "Offline".

Question: I want to order Resistance 2: LE from Amazon.ca but it's listed as "Unavailable". That said, will I get the pre-order Bonus if I order from Amazon.ca or do i have to rely on amazon.com?

ItAintEasyBeinCheesy

it's 4th of July in my asshole
TheMissingLink said:
Could be a really dumb question, but I'm tired of playing with strangers.

Co-op. I set up private spots for friends and create the game.

How do I invite them to my game!?

Triangle then L1, R1 to scroll across from lists.

Yoshichan

Ploid 3.0 said:
Hmm I tried that but it seemed to require a second controller. I have 3 but I didn't want to split the screen.
No, no, it's fully possible to do it with one controller.

Don't forget to pick a class, then start game.

Teknoman

Ploid 3.0 said:
Hmm I tried that but it seemed to require a second controller. I have 3 but I didn't want to split the screen.

It shouldnt. I went to offline, set up my class, and then started the game.

JB1981

Fizzle said:
I've heard that the player movement's is slow and stiff, can anyone shed any light to this?
It's far slower than the original, but you can tweak the horizontal sensitivity. Just bear in mind that this is a very different game.

I must say, that is one of the strangest ads I've ever seen. The tone could not be more schizophrenic.

Top Bottom