• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

RESISTANCE 2 - Hype Thread w/latest info

Teknoman said:
How does the push right d-pad to talk work?

I've never needed to use it since all the modes ive played always has mic set to open. i couldn't figure it out either.

kinda wish it was always push to talk as you cant mute people in co-op ,so many people with their speakers so damn loud you can hear every bullet fired on their mic:lol

glaurung

Opened my email this morning when arrived at work and... Hot damn - a R2 beta code.

Now I need to figure out whether I got this by signing up at the PSN site or pre-ordering at game.net...

If the latter, I'll probably get one more.

Teknoman

aj2good4you2 said:
I've never needed to use it since all the modes ive played always has mic set to open. i couldn't figure it out either.

kinda wish it was always push to talk as you cant mute people in co-op ,so many people with their speakers so damn loud you can hear every bullet fired on their mic:lol

I know what you mean. I was plugging people left and right with my ripper in skirmish mode, trying to protect the beacon. I got backed into a corner and tried to call for back up from the rest of my chimeran squad.

All I got back was what sounded like in game sounds and Univision or Telemundo in the background. Few seconds later, I died from a face full of bullseye bullets (really wish people would use more weapons than the Bullseye...but thats their loss).

Veins

Unconfirmed Member
The game freezes when it gets to the picture of the guy on the red background, can't use the xmb. Music still plays though. :(
Edit: getting into R2 while logged out of PSN seemed to work

garrickk

I got into the beta and will not be able to play. Too much business traveling for a while-- in Kuala Lumpur at the moment.

If anyone from the Resistance clan (I was in it at the beginning when I could play) wants thea code, PM me for it.

peetfeet

I have the Qore pack and signed up for the Beta on MyResistance and there is still no sign of a code in my inbox, Anymore spares going free? Pretty Please?!

Euro one if possible (unless i can use a US one on my UK profile)

Edit: I now have one, thanks dhelfric!

Bojanglez

The Amiga Brotherhood
I got a beta code today in my email account that is associated to my Euro account, but the email only has references to SCEA and us.playstation.com. Will I be able to use this code on my main Euro PSN account?

G-Fex

WOW

I love everything about this game, I really like they fixed the whole bullet delay problem from the first game so it's not so hard for me anymore.

Plus COOP is fucking amazing, I mean we spent almost an hour fighting our way in a MMO like instance together , it was awesome!:lol Also very very intense.

Mesijs

I'm in the beta! So add me: Mesijs

My impression so far: I didn't really like the co-op. Felt more like an MMORPG party than a shooter. It feels very slow and isn't about agility or whatever. Just pump them full of lead and you're done. Feels totally different, in a bad way, than 'normal' shooters imo.

I got in the beta last night... the download took forever but I finally got it installed. Was able to play a couple of rounds on a 60 man server. I must admit that I was not a big fan of R1 and struggled online but R2 really clicks with me. I was kicking ass and it felt really good.

Another issue I had with R1 was the menus and how simple and not very attractive they were, they have corrected that big time with R2...

I am loving what I have played so far, the only issue is my system crashing 3 times while trying to finish a game but I hope that is just beta code.

Already had it pre-ordered but this just confirms that I will enjoy it much more this time around!

I'm not too happy with the bullseye. I loved it in FoM, and it was probably my favourite gun. The aiming ridicule on the R2 bullseye is just wrong though. It's way too big, making the gun inaccurate and worst of all, making tags inaccurate. As you have a limited amount of tags (was this in FoM?) This is a big problem I feel.
I've even missed tagging people from closeish range. :/
I'm thinking maybe this was intentional, did IG think tagging was too easy in FoM? I don't know but I certainly don't like it now, though maybe I'll get used to it.

Also noticed a bug. On Orrick 60p skirmish. Invincible players.
First round I kept meeting this guy, who every time I shot, I didn't get XP points. A lot of time I did way more than enough to kill him, still nothing. I'm guessing this was the same for everyone in the game because he was top of the leaderboard with a ton of kills.
I sent him a message saying he was a cheat.
What do you know, next round same thing happens to me! :D
I was in ironheart, had no health but was alive and unkillable. In that same round it happened to someone else as well, because at one point the two of us sat there pumping ammo into our unkillable bodies.
I'm assuming this is a bug, rather than a random invicibility thing, because that would be stupid.

In more positive news, skirmish is fucking awesome.

NIN90

I just had my first game with the Auger on a 60 player server.
HOLY SHIT, this weapon is awesome. I finished 2nd with something like 70-25.
I actually think this weapon is a little overpowered.

fanboi

Banned
I haven't played the COOP, but it seems that INSOMNIAC has created something that probobly will become a new standard in Online COOP for FPS. GJ!

TTP

Have a fun! Enjoy!
Bojanglez said:
I got a beta code today in my email account that is associated to my Euro account, but the email only has references to SCEA and us.playstation.com. Will I be able to use this code on my main Euro PSN account?

To redeem it, I think u need the USA account (edit: actually no. If the email arrived to your EU account u should be fine). To actually play the beta, you can do with any. I'm playing the USA beta with my EU account no prob.

bbyybb

CGI bullshit is the death knell of cinema
I just played it then, the co-op is so awesome.

I am really looking foward to the full game.

My US PSN Account is bbyybb_us if anyone wants to add me.

Bojanglez

The Amiga Brotherhood
TTP said:
To redeem it, I think u need the USA account (edit: actually no. If the email arrived to your EU account u should be fine). To actually play the beta, you can do with any. I'm playing the USA beta with my EU account no prob.

Cheers, I can't wait to get back from work now! This takes the edge off not being able to get LBP

1-D_FTW

Woot. Got my Underground code. It's probably gonna be ugly till I learn how to play with a controller again, but hopefully I won't suck by the time it hits retail.

user friendly said:
Hmm, it was shared with me. It's the EU beta though.
Spread the love then! :p

I know I've spread alot
8 SOCOM Keys
2 LBP keys
7 R2 keys
all to GAF.

and so far I've gotten nothing back *wink*wink*

fanboi

Banned
Metalmurphy said:

I know I've spread alot
8 SOCOM Keys
2 LBP keys
7 R2 keys
all to GAF.

And I haven't recieved any of them... :|

oneHeero

Had 8ppl in a party last night and no one could make games, wasnt working, but we got a co op game up and played.

Blown the fuck away on how fun that was. We sucked but finish, I died 19x as spec-op lol. We messed around alot, I would try meleeing the enemies when they were close to death, that didnt work to well :\ So much fun and damn was it hard when they kept coming at you and pushing you back. Another thing, the big ass bosses(titans?) the very big ones, they seem different from b4 the patch. They attacked A LOT more this time, made them real difficult. If its no different than it had to be lag on my part from the other night where I couldnt see any attacks.

I look forward to a long ass weekend of r2 mp.

JS, any idea if the LE/CE of R2 is limited or not? I kid you not, I saw a GTA CE/LE @ Wal-mart this past week..

FirewalkR

Metalmurphy said:
Well I got another R2 beta code on hold for someone that asked me yesterday. If it turns out he already got one I'll give it to you :p

Where the hell do you get all these codes, Metal? F5 whoring much? :)

Metalmurphy said:

I know I've spread alot
8 SOCOM Keys
2 LBP keys
7 R2 keys
all to GAF.

I can't share someone else's account :I

Can't wait to try out R2 tonight.

FirewalkR said:
Where the hell do you get all these codes, Metal? F5 whoring much? :)
Well, I have 10 Eurogamer accounts and 5 IGN/fileplanet accounts. Also a Qore subscription and I apply for everything.

user friendly said:
I can't share someone else's account :I
Oh, I thought you had gotten a code :p Nevermind then.

Guymelef said:
How many stages in coop mode?
Retail version.
How about answering your PMs? Do you still need the code or not?

Guymelef

Metalmurphy said:
Well, I have 10 Eurogamer accounts and 5 IGN/fileplanet accounts. Also a Qore subscription and I apply for everything.

Oh, I thought you had gotten a code :p Nevermind then.

How about answering your PMs? Do you still need the code or not?

Sorry, i didn't see the message.

Thanks for the offer.

fanboi

Banned
Metalmurphy said:
Well I got another R2 beta code on hold for someone that asked me yesterday. If it turns out he already got one I'll give it to you :p

Great!

I already have one though, but you can always send it to me, and if the one I got today works, I will give it away ;>

jjasper

BadlyCookedTurkey said:
I'm not too happy with the bullseye. I loved it in FoM, and it was probably my favourite gun. The aiming ridicule on the R2 bullseye is just wrong though. It's way too big, making the gun inaccurate and worst of all, making tags inaccurate. As you have a limited amount of tags (was this in FoM?) This is a big problem I feel.

I agree about the bullseye. It and the shotgun feel much worse than R1. But yeah you had limited tags in R1.

Top Bottom