• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

RESISTANCE 2 - Hype Thread w/latest info

Spy

I've never completed single player on Resistance: Fall of Man so I started yesterday when my copy from Newegg arrived. The grenades on R:FoM go a much longer distance than the grenades in R2.

garath

h3ro said:
Listen to the last Insomniac Podcast, they explain why they did it... I think it's not that big of a deal, especially after playing Co-op last night in the beta, its great fun...

Yeah, I understand the reasonings but it pretty much guarantees I won't be playing the single player all the way through. The only time I play FPS campaign modes is when I can do it co-op lol.

I do look forward to the online co-op in general. Though I'll find out this weekend how friendly it is for 2 players.

Ploid 3.0

garath said:
Yeah, I understand the reasonings but it pretty much guarantees I won't be playing the single player all the way through. The only time I play FPS campaign modes is when I can do it co-op lol.

I do look forward to the online co-op in general. Though I'll find out this weekend how friendly it is for 2 players.

Wow that's a strange sickness. Get well soon, Mirror's edge is out soon, and fallout 3 (some people like it).

andycapps

garath said:

2 players on the same console online is not fun. 3 or 4 might be better, but I found it pretty much impossible to play a game with only 2 classes. To do it and make it through a level, you need one of each class (at least).

2 player on same console with 6 other players online is a blast though.

Ploid 3.0

levious said:
because the first one had it and it was fun

What was fun about it? Fighting stuff with your friend, or watching the cutscenes together?

If you say playing it split screen with only one other person you can do that too, just ignore the other people. Maybe there is a difficulty scaler for 2 people. It's better they went for up to 8 people than just stuck with 2 player co op, right? The Haze, and Halo3 complaints wouldn't end. Co op got it's own dedicated campaign, I find it to be amazingly fun.

To each their own, and I'm so glad IG did this. Believe it or not, it probably have allowed them to make the single player campaign even better. No need to leave some room for a possible second player. Look at haze for example. All of those missions must have been made with co op in mind (I only played the demo). So haze could be in direct comparison to the campaign mode resistance 2.

AndyD

aka andydumi
jmonteiro said:
I'm pretty sure the coop campaign mode is the same we have in the beta (with many more levels/briefings of course).

If seems a lot of people dislike the coop but I love it. Probably one of the best gaming experiences I had in months. Pure awesomeness :D :D Anyone that dislikes the coop should try to play with an organized group of friends, I think that may make a big difference on how you enjoy the experience. I hated coop when I hoped into a random coop group for the first time, but when I got 5 of my buddies in there it was a blast.

Thats what I meant. There is a separate coop mode campaign from the SP campaign. We get a taste of it in beta, but we dont see it as part of the larger story.

garath

Ploid 3.0 said:
Wow that's a strange sickness. Get well soon, Mirror's edge is out soon, and fallout 3 (some people like it).

Lol, it's only for FPS games.. I just have too much fun playing FPS games with others to sit down and do it solo. I've put a ton of hours into CoD4 and barely passed the training solo :)

I'm a little disappointed it's not going to be friendly for 2 players alone co-op online. It was what I was most looking forward to. I guess I'll have to invite random people into the games but it's not the same as playing with a RL buddy.

Volcynika

I've got close to zero homework this weekend, so that means lots of time for the beta! I'll be able to join some other people if needed starting later today.

bcn-ron

Oh I definitely agree, there are shit spec ops as well, and I'm sure they piss you off because you need them. Whereas I need medic's help.

In one game, when I was low on health I ran over to two medics. Threw them ammo so they'd help me back, also asked for help on the headset. Nothing. I then die, and the two of them just continue shooing enemies while walking over my corpse. :/

I mean, I'll not complain (too much) if they don't follow people about supplying health the whole time, but for me to actually seek them out then still be turned away was pretty ridiculous. Obviously, they were just tards, but if people see the team has two medics others may choose a different class, leaving the team with only tard medics.

I'm sure the same will happen with spec ops too. If I see many people with the orange box above them, in my eyes I'm doing a poor job. My troops are normally well supplied though. :D

~Devil Trigger~

In favor of setting Muslim women on fire
-How come the Splicer does'nt have an iron sight?

-Auger is too weak, does the "bullets" still get more powerfull when they go through stuff?

-Not enough Tag in the Bulleye

-Wrath is good, no real complaints here. it is what it is

-Carbine is the Carbine i remembered

Overall i find iron sight is way too important in this game, not a big problem, but just having my doubts. Have'nt really payed attention to the Berserks yet.

-Oh and Fareye is a rapist

and I r Back:D

PSn: Cydonian

Owzers

I'm having a hard time getting into a game. Find Game = every room has the " game is full" despite it saying its not full and then i try to create a game and it gives me an error. :(

Jeseus

after patch 1.03

P1000845.jpg

this needs to be fixed

Yes I'm so glad I got into the beta by applying on myresistance! :D I thought I wouldn't get chosen but when I looked in my e-mail I was pleasantly surprised!

The patch downloaded fast I tried playing in neogaf1 co-op room but it timed out :/

Owzers

just got into a game but eventually the network errored, STill....it was mighty fun despite not knowing what i'm doing. Just figured out that special ops "grenade" is giving ammo to teamates :p

NIN90

Kweh said:
I get the same.

Is it this error: "An error has occured. 8002311A"

You'll have to use a proper account to redeem the code.
I had to use an UK account to redeem my EU key despite trying it with a german account.

RoboPlato

I'd be in the dick
I'm going to be online for a while if anyone wants to invite play. I'd like to play with some Gaffers for once. My PSN ID is RoboPlato

~Devil Trigger~

In favor of setting Muslim women on fire
A listing from October 13th is on the BBFC website stating that Resistance 2 for the PLAYSTATION 3 will be given a 18 rating by the BBFC which is a rating higher then the 15 rating also given by the BBFC for Resistance: Fall of Man for the PLAYSTATION 3.

FYI, just incase nobody knows, the BBFC are the ones who rate movies, DVD’s and games in the UK and have come under high criticism recently for it’s rating system for games depsite a European age ratings system already in place in the PEGI age ratings.

The listing has no spoilers for the game so you maybe relieved to know that but it does describe the game being:

Contains bloody strong violence

Old?

JardeL

Damn , i HATE these ` GAME FULL ` messages ...

Too much network errors recently , it tooks minutes to join a game ...

btw , that pic is what i was talking about... Probably every time you play that part that monster stucks between wall and tree ... Its not a new map , Orick ...

And please limit medics for per game , i saw 7 medics in 1 game lol ...

Kweh

dhelfric said:
Is it this error: "An error has occured. 8002311A"

You'll have to use a proper account to redeem the code.
I had to use an UK account to redeem my EU key despite trying it with a german account.

That worked thanks, tried it on my US account and it is now downloading. Assumed it was a UK key!

BadlyCookedTurkey said:
Will 1 hit kill be in the full game?

A lot of people played this in FoM so It'd be dissapointing if it was removed.

PLEASE GOD NO. Please, Insomniac, WHATEVER YOU DO, do not add a "1 hit kill" option. It was disappointing it was in the first one, and left in, even after 99.999999999999% of every unranked game was 1 hit kill/infinite ammo.

jstevenson

Sailor Stevenson
My Arms Your Hearse said:
PLEASE GOD NO. Please, Insomniac, WHATEVER YOU DO, do not add a "1 hit kill" option. It was disappointing it was in the first one, and left in, even after 99.999999999999% of every unranked game was 1 hit kill/infinite ammo.

:D

tfur

Jeseus said:
after patch 1.03

P1000845.jpg

this needs to be fixed

It seems to be a line of sight thing... The boss sees a member of your team before you get to that section. I actually saw someone intentionally hanging out in the lower valley area, while we went forward to the boss area. This seemed to cause the boss turn like this... It stopped after he came into the boss arena.

If everyone gets into that section before the boss sees you, he attacks and goes all over the place.

All of the AI has gotten much more aggressive and faster, and seems like they inflict more damage now... either that or the difficulty level is scaling with the team members level.

patsu

tfur said:
It seems to be a line of sight thing... The boss sees a member of your team before you get to that section. I actually saw someone intentionally hanging out in the lower valley area, while we went forward to the boss area. This seemed to cause the boss turn like this... It stopped after he came into the boss arena.

If everyone gets into that section before the boss sees you, he attacks and goes all over the place.

All of the AI has gotten much more aggressive and faster, and seems like they inflict more damage now... either that or the difficulty level is scaling with the team members level.

Yes, I think so too. I was in one of the games where I stood slightly outside the valley. The boss aligned his direction with me, and caused him to be wedged in one of the corners.

In the above case, someone may be outside the valley, perhaps a newcomer.

That one particular Titan is just hopeless. The others have been doing better though. That area with 3 Titans followed right away by two Titans is pretty brutal. As is that one building with like 10 steelhead primarchs... people never learn and just run right into the building and get owned (there's also a chimera spawner they run past...).

Top Bottom