• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

RESISTANCE 2 - Hype Thread w/latest info

NameGenerated

Who paid you to grab Dr. Pavel?
So, to everyone who has had a lot of time with the game, how does it feel compared to Resistance 1. For some reason R1 never really clicked with me, I don't know what it was.

matmanx1

NameGenerated said:
So, to everyone who has had a lot of time with the game, how does it feel compared to Resistance 1. For some reason R1 never really clicked with me, I don't know what it was.

Wasnt a huge fan of R1 but I really like this one. It plays nicely, the big firefights are fun and the co-op is one of the most fun things I've ever done in an FPS. I'm still getting used to the different weapon types and trying different combinations out but Ive had success and fun with just about all of them.

My playtime so far has me very excited for the retail release and my time in the beta has moved this game to number one on my "most wanted" game list for the Holidays. I like it alot.

aparisi2274

so I have another question about the headset...

I have it on, if I press the vol buttons I can see the UAI on my TV screen, but when I hit the Mute button nothing happens... Does the Mute button only work when it is in the cradle and being used as a mic?

Thanks...

StuBurns

Banned
Played again and I really like the co-op, the competitive multiplayer is pretty wank, but the co-op has potential. I'd certainly range down the enemy health, just stop it being tedious, and fix the spawn points, which at the moment are crap (last game I spawned into the small area which had only one exit and about 12 bad guy's looking directly at me), but the randomized elements of the mission really works, I could see getting a lot of time out of it.

aparisi2274 said:
so I have another question about the headset...

I have it on, if I press the vol buttons I can see the UAI on my TV screen, but when I hit the Mute button nothing happens... Does the Mute button only work when it is in the cradle and being used as a mic?

Thanks...

I think the mute button only works when you have an established chat connection of some sort

tfur

So, I noticed an AI update... Just went on a coop mission that was brutal... the big boss was all over the place... bodies flying everywhere... the grimms seemed more aggressive, or I was just in the middle of the fray...

Very noticeable from version 1.0 to 1.3... :D

tfur said:
So, I noticed an AI update... Just went on a coop mission that was brutal... the big boss was all over the place... bodies flying everywhere... the grimms seemed more aggressive, or I was just in the middle of the fray...

Very noticeable from version 1.0 to 1.3... :D

i noticed the titan will move all over the place now, before he would just face different directions.

ust got done playing and this game is really fun and should be even more fun in the full game. The cooperative mode is truly something to behold

tfur

aj2good4you2 said:
i noticed the titan will move all over the place now, before he would just face different directions.

Yeah, things seemed much more aggressive, and faster. More than a few times I was running for my life being the only one left alive... Level 10 medic trying desperately to save his team... and not end the round with 8 dead players...

StuBurns

Banned
TeethMummy said:
is it against policy to make such an offer? I'll end this right now if it is. I don't mean to offend or go against policy
If people are willing to buy and you're willing to sell it's certainly moral. Thinking about it, I doubt they have any way of knowing why you gave your beta codes away.

Esperado

Co-op seems to be much improved. Feels like the boss enemies die a lot faster and the AI isn't completely brain dead. I don't want to say too much, they might be laughing at me because they didn't actually update these things.

madmook

I keep getting a "disconnected from the network" error. I was only able to play a couple minutes of a co-op match.

I am happy that the controls have been smoothed out over R1, which had a funky deadzone. Smooth and really responsive now.

On the other hand, got a quick taste of the co-op experience, and I dunno how I feel about 8 dudes raining firepower on a big enemy for a few minutes. I wish I didn't get disconnected right after that big troll-thing was taken down.

I was just at gamestop debating whether to get far cry 2 or not and I saw R2 is coming out
on the 4th! WTF!! Did I miss something when did they jump up the date I thought it was releasing like on the 17th or something.

oneHeero

BruceLeeRoy said:
I was just at gamestop debating whether to get far cry 2 or not and I saw R2 is coming out
on the 4th! WTF!! Did I miss something when did they jump up the date I thought it was releasing like on the 17th or something.
lol been like that for awhile. A long while :p

jstevenson

Sailor Stevenson
arne said:
"This item is currently unavailable or has already been downloaded."

Don't make me call Foster City, son.

Go to your download list?

Or let me know if you need another code...

and hi, you should come up and visit sometime and have lunch with Ryan, Bryan and I.

zedge

madmook said:
I keep getting a "disconnected from the network" error. I was only able to play a couple minutes of a co-op match.

Same here, everytime, its fun when I get to play but it only lasts 5-10 min before I get this error. :(

Len1978

jstevenson congrats. to you and all the people at Insomniac on making another AAA game job well done. You guys at Insomniac are a Class act and thats why I go out and buy your games day one.

jstevenson said:
Go to your download list?

Or let me know if you need another code...

and hi, you should come up and visit sometime and have lunch with Ryan, Bryan and I.

Walking directions to Foster City, CA, USA
4,298 km – about 36 days 8 hours

I'll start walking anytime soon :lol

Seriously though, I would love to bump into you again and... bug you! Also, I am pissed that I forgot to bring in R&C the other day as well! :(

FIRST ONE TO PM GETS A CODE, DAMNIT! :p

jstevenson is awsome plus he's really good to promote the game on every video I saw him talking about the game !! Keep up the good work sir !!

Volcynika

Haven't won a co-op thing yet, but it's quite a blast once you get the hang of it. Too bad I don't have room in my budget to get it day one, but maybe for a graduation present or something! :lol

jstevenson

Sailor Stevenson
shagg_187 said:
Walking directions to Foster City, CA, USA
4,298 km – about 36 days 8 hours

I'll start walking anytime soon :lol

Seriously though, I would love to bump into you again and... bug you! Also, I am pissed that I forgot to bring in R&C the other day as well! :(

FIRST ONE TO PM GETS A CODE, DAMNIT! :p

Actually, we're in Burbank, and Mr. Arne is down in Santa Monica, hence why he needs to come up for lunch.

Top Bottom