• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

RESISTANCE 2 - Hype Thread w/latest info

Yoshichan

And they made him a Lord of Cinder. Not for virtue, but for might. Such is a lord, I suppose. But here I ask. Do we have a sodding chance?
I had a dream today... I got the "Seriously...?" trophy -_-

What a dream, I went and told my brother right away. Sigh.

womfalcs3

Banned
I used to like the bullseye in R1... here it's useless.

Carbine is my weapon of choice too because of its effectiveness. The Marksman is good as well. Fareye is still good. I'll need to improve with the Splicer, but it looks like it could be a good weapon in the future.

Still haven't played with an auger.

-viper-

Banned
womfalcs3 said:
I used to like the bullseye in R1... here it's useless.
Why is it useless? Because you are finding it hard to tag enemies?

It's a very powerful weapon thanks to its awesome rate of fire.

Spike

I haven't been able to play a single online game. I keep getting that white disconnect symbol on the screen as soon as I get into the game, and it keeps saying that it's waiting for the host to start the game. Happens every single time. I'm so pissed right now.

womfalcs3

Banned
-viper- said:
Why is it useless? Because you are finding it hard to tag enemies?

It's a very powerful weapon thanks to its awesome rate of fire.

I can't tag, and I can't get hits. It'll probably take practice, but as of right now, it's useless for me.

tanod

when is my burrito
womfalcs3 said:
I can't tag, and I can't get hits. It'll probably take practice, but as of right now, it's useless for me.

Today I tagged somebody from 75 yards away and owned them. Then from the same spots five minutes later, I shot a Bullseye trap across the map to around where he was standing, filled it with bullets and started throwing the trap around by the guy until it eventually hit him and took him out again.

The bullseye remains my favorite FPS weapon of all time. Loved it in 1. Works similarly great in 2.

M3Freak

Banned
Loudninja said:
Well don't aspect nothing to get fix than.

Because it won't be! Actually, that's wrong - because what I and many others want changed CAN'T be changed! It's too late. R2 is what it is. C'est la vie!

oneHeero

This a montage a friend of mine made. This is basic rules, no adjusting health regen or any of that shit.
These are the type of people I play with. To say that this game doesnt allow for people to be distinguished skill-wise is retarded. Butta was great in r1, in cod4 and proving to be a beast on r2 as well.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=NfF-EopAFJY&fmt=6

I suggest everyone watches it, it has great transitions and I really enjoyed watching it.

Rolf NB

JB1981 said:
Bullshit. Carbine iron sight is shit. I drop people all the time shooting from the hip.
Yeah, you're so awesome, it's amazing. Whoo!

The damage you do depends on range and weapon damage settings. With normal damage it takes 10 body hits from the carbine at point blank to kill a fully healthy human, 16 at the edge of the range while shooting from the hip (red reticule) and 24 or 25 at the edge of the iron sight range. And that's all hits, not shots, and it's without factoring in health regeneration (I turned that off for testing).

High damage cuts it down to 8/10/16 respectively. The damage increase is most pronounced at higher ranges.

Connecting headshots give a constant 20% bump in damage, regardless of distance or damage mode.

You can basically track damage with the XP display. A human opponent with no health regen drops after yielding 90~95 XP (not sure on the exact number).

It follows that if you can drop more than two people within a single carbine clip in a game with normal weapon damage and health regen, they have already been damaged by someone else. It has nothing to do with your profoundly amazing skills. Sorry.

Yoshichan

And they made him a Lord of Cinder. Not for virtue, but for might. Such is a lord, I suppose. But here I ask. Do we have a sodding chance?
oneHeero said:
This a montage a friend of mine made. This is basic rules, no adjusting health regen or any of that shit.
These are the type of people I play with. To say that this game doesnt allow for people to be distinguished skill-wise is retarded. Butta was great in r1, in cod4 and proving to be a beast on r2 as well.

I suggest everyone watches it, it has great transitions and I really enjoyed watching it.
Oh my sweet God

M3Freak

Banned
oneHeero said:
I wish I could get into rank games.

If you want I dont mind smacking you and the rest of the gaf clan up lol. Dont talk to me about rank/custom games being meaningful.
The gaf clan played ranked on r1 while we made customs and played with no 40s, no shotties, no chimera, no tagging, no laarks. Your ranked games meant shit as well :\ There were no bs kills in our games since there were no 40s and no tagging like bitches because one couldnt aim(sometimes we had tags on).

I'm a competitor first, not that gbing makes me better than anyone else, but it should show that I play to win and get better. I could boast bout our gb record on r1 or the tournament we won etc, but I guess that doesnt matter since it isnt a ranked game lol.

Like there are better players than there are in customs. I dont join the high dmg games either, I think thats dumb but to each their own.

Not sure what you're trying to say. My point was the GAF clan played by house rules (i.e. IG ranked games), not "whatever we feel like" rules. So, we excelled at the real game. I find it funny when people post their scores from custom games: who cares?! They don't matter! When someone wants to talk smack, they need to put up their ranked stats - that's what "matters".

Anyway, we weren't competitive. Tjhat is, we liked playing, and we liked to win (since we were pretty good), but that wasn't the end all and be all. The goal for all of us was to have a blast joking around, talking about all sorts of stuff, and just plain enjoyment of the game. We were asked to GB so many times, it turned into a running joke (which was funny as hell, btw).

No_Style

oneHeero said:

Credits were awesome. :lol

oneHeero

M3Freak said:
Not sure what you're trying to say. My point was the GAF clan played by house rules (i.e. IG ranked games), not "whatever we feel like" rules. So, we excelled at the real game. I find it funny when people post their scores from custom games: who cares?! They don't matter! When someone wants to talk smack, they need to put up their ranked stats - that's what "matters".

Anyway, we weren't competitive. Tjhat is, we liked playing, and we liked to win (since we were pretty good), but that wasn't the end all and be all. The goal for all of us was to have a blast joking around, talking about all sorts of stuff, and just plain enjoyment of the game. We were asked to GB so many times, it turned into a running joke (which was funny as hell, btw).
My point is it doesnt matter what the rules are, if your good your good. I'll do what I did in that custom in a ranked game if I could join them :( We liked playing customs because it took out the stuff like ppl camping laarks/40s/etc. When we didnt want to play a custom sure we ran through ppl in ranked games.
By all means its fun to 40ppl, tag them and laark them but its cheap/easy kills that just pad k/d's. It's like camping behind doors in cod and gloating about a 4.0 k/d.

Credits were awesome.
Fuck yea, very unexpected. Was hilarious.

M3Freak

Banned
oneHeero said:
My point is it doesnt matter what the rules are, if your good your good. I'll do what I did in that custom in a ranked game if I could join them :( We liked playing customs because it took out the stuff like ppl camping laarks/40s/etc. When we didnt want to play a custom sure we ran through ppl in ranked games.

OK, I understand what you're saying.

Flunkie

Banned
oneHeero said:

Holy shit.

Esperado

Pai Pai Master said:
That video's awesome but it proves how the Fareye needs to be brought down a tad. :lol

Nah, they just need to power the other guns up. It's kind of like a normal powered Sniper Rifle in a game where all the other guns are low powered.

Ploid 3.0

oneHeero said:

Stinkin pwn. I need to start playing a lot of competitive. Your clan will be one to watch in the final game.

Esperado said:
Nah, they just need to power the other guns up. It's kind of like a normal powered Sniper Rifle in a game where all the other guns are low powered.

I'm fine with most other guns now, but the reload on the Fareye is just too quick, IMO. Even if the enemy misses a headshot, there's no consequence because they get their next shot in less than a second.

Only two weapon tweaks truly necessary IMO, Fareye reload slower and Rossman should take 3 shots max for a kill.

zedge

oneHeero said:

:lol The credits own.

It blows my mind how good some players are in these games.

FightyF

Banned
I'm playing right now...is there any way to organize parties or clans? Or is that all there for show?

Pai Pai Master said:
I humbly request to those of you who think you're important enough to deem R2 as you have: post your damn opinions and some worthwhile feedback in the actual beta forums. I don't see any of you doing that.

That's a good point. I wasn't even aware of there being beta forums. I should have read through the game menus a bit more carefully. Is it even in the game menus? It meaning a link to the beta forums, or info on that?

I'm totally down for giving Insomniac my feedback. That's why I took the time to make sure it was constructive and specific.

FightyF said:
I'm playing right now...is there any way to organize parties or clans? Or is that all there for show?

That's a good point. I wasn't even aware of there being beta forums. I should have read through the game menus a bit more carefully. Is it even in the game menus? It meaning a link to the beta forums, or info on that?

I'm totally down for giving Insomniac my feedback. That's why I took the time to make sure it was constructive and specific.

Hit triangle in the lobby for party. No clans in the beta.

And the beta forum:

http://beta-forums.myresistance.net/myres/ (new)

http://myresistance.net/index2.php (old)

Guled

according to IGN there will be over 70 maps, now that is amazing. I bet they are including different configurations for the same maps but still that a ton.

Guled said:
according to IGN there will be over 70 maps, now that is amazing. I bet they are including different configurations for the same maps but still that a ton.

Yes, 70 different configurations for the various maps. As you can tell from Orick, the maps are pretty damn big.

Yoshichan

Blu_LED said:
I was just looking at the trophy list and didn't see that one. Where is it?
Oh yeah "Seriously..." was the name of the Gears of War achievement which is exactly the same shit

Seriously ... (50) Kill 10,000 people in versus ranked match total.

It's called Killing Machine in R2.

Killing Machine -- Score 10,000 kills in ranked matches in Online Competitive Multiplayer.

Guled

Pai Pai Master said:
Yes, 70 different configurations for the various maps. As you can tell from Orick, the maps are pretty damn big.
so that should be around 10-12 big maps. But also some maps have configurations that are not just a part of the huge map (like the subway).

Guled said:
so that should be around 10-12 big maps. But also some maps have configurations that are not just a part of the huge map (like the subway).

If I'm not mistaken, the Chicago Skirmish map included is 40 players max? The 60 player version will probably include the subways.

FirewalkR

After about two weeks my isp finally cut the traffic shaping crap and I managed to play (very badly in ranked, better in unranked, oh well). I have no idea what some people are bitchin' about, the beta looks good and plays better. :D

(I won't comment about the hardcore R1 players' opinion, that's a different matter... I'll bet in a few months they'll be hardcore R2 players though. :lol)

patsu

oneHeero said:
By all means its fun to 40ppl, tag them and laark them but its cheap/easy kills that just pad k/d's. It's like camping behind doors in cod and gloating about a 4.0 k/d.

What is your clan name ? I need to avoid you guys like a plague. ^_^

msdstc

Incredibly Naive
Just saw a commercial for it watching the world series. Got my really pumped for this game! I need to find some cash :(.

Can't reiterate JUST HOW FUCKING GOOD THE CONTROLS ARE !!!

Been playing some more just regular 10 player count TDM ....and I'm enjoying it alot more now :D

TEH-CJ

Banned
Oh man i cant wait to play thought the single player campaign!. Playing the san fran level and watching in awe as the chimera motherships hover above the city really gets me hyped for the campaign!. and im sure thats only the tip of the iceberg compared to other amazing things we will see in other levels.

Top Bottom