• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

RESISTANCE 2 - Hype Thread w/latest info

fanboi

Banned
rjcc said:
yes.

there's no excuse for co-op looking like an Xbox 1 game. it's really bad. the animations are stiff, the jaggies are pronounced and the textures lack any detail whatsoever. sorry if these games are your sacred cows, but I can only go by what I see and hear, and it sucks.

Hey Frankenstein!

Haven't been killed by the mob yet? :|

rjcc said:
No. They flank. They shoot while moving. They get cover.

rjcc said:
there's no excuse for co-op looking like an Xbox 1 game. it's really bad. the animations are stiff, the jaggies are pronounced and the textures lack any detail whatsoever. sorry if these games are your sacred cows, but I can only go by what I see and hear, and it sucks.
:lol

Thanks for making it clearer.

spwolf

this thread is like rollercoaster ride... we are on up again :lol

As I said it again, minor flaws in beta, all very minor IMHO... CO-OP when pathfinding is fixed is going to be perfect... It is crazy shit.

rjcc

Metalmurphy said:
No. They flank. They shoot while moving. They get cover.

:lol

Thanks for making it clearer.

no, they don't. they just stand there. if you get really close, they'll rush sometimes, but that's it. it's ridiculously poor AI. He's holding a shield, I shoot him, he....lowers the shield...what?

rjcc said:
no, they don't. they just stand there. if you get really close, they'll rush sometimes, but that's it. it's ridiculously poor AI. He's holding a shield, I shoot him, he....lowers the shield...what?
Shields are timed. They need to charge. And yes those guys do kinda just stand there, they're the dumb ones. The regular chimera do NOT. I've even seen them runaway from a house when the house got filled with soldiers.

spwolf

rjcc said:

did you finish co-op level?

fanboi

Banned
rjcc said:
haven't so far, hard to coordinate with anyone since I haven't played with anyone that used a headset yet.

Dont need dudes with HS, if you know what you are doing (and your team) it shouldnt be a problem.

cameltoe

rjcc said:
haven't so far, hard to coordinate with anyone since I haven't played with anyone that used a headset yet.

then you havent played a whole lot. Every match I have played people were using headsets. Every match! Not every person but enough of them.

FirewalkR

Metalmurphy said:
Just order from videogamesplus.ca

They ship everything marked as low value and they put people names instead of the Company names so it never gets siezed at customs. I've imported over 20 games from there so far.

Once again, they don't have a product page for the CE. :/ (unless I'm blind lol)

Did you pre-order the CE there? 8-|

Any more suggestions, GAF?

PS: tb já postei no techzonept a perguntar... tá dificil lol

spwolf

rjcc said:

so they are brain dead stupid and yet you have not finished the level... what does that make you? :lol

seriously though, zombies are supposed to be dead stupid, thats why there are so many of them... only issue co-op has is path finding that you will notice at later parts of the level with big bosses...

~Devil Trigger~

In favor of setting Muslim women on fire
ok, played for 2 Hours last night(No thanks to Tampa Rays :|)

Its growing on me, The Marksmen, Carbine, FarEye are definitly the "top tier" weapons, everyone will be using them.

Though i find the Splicer very effective in doors, and i still think it needs an "iron sight" zoom in, The Grenade launcher is very weak but i like the alt fire. Bulleye stil feels a bit off, thought i would get use to it but i dunno.

But omGOD Insomniac pussified the Shotgun, tried it for the first time and man....no use and it does'nt have that Awsome sound it had in Fall of Man.

and i think the L2 in Multiplay should JUST be sprinting, that kneeling down in Resistance pretty useless.

anyways, Love Co-op, just cut down on the Boss' health, and make em more active

rjcc

spwolf said:
so they are brain dead stupid and yet you have not finished the level... what does that make you? :lol

seriously though, zombies are supposed to be dead stupid, thats why there are so many of them... only issue co-op has is path finding that you will notice at later parts of the level with big bosses...

can't finish a level by myself when I have to activate two switches at once to progress. played several matches this morning, same thing every time, complete half the objective, gun down waves of idiotic enemies (zombies, chimera or the big guys w/ the shields)..watch my teammates run around in circles

Tried Co-op last night. I can say that I wont be playing it again until Im with people i know. I was Spec ops, and had the medics run off on their own, while everyone else was on the otherside of the map. Plus, the medics werent even healing, they were just laying into enemies trying to level up.

Fizzle

Anybody noticed Co-Op is alot harder now? I'm level 8 medic and didn't think it'd be that hard since my medic gun is alot stronger now.

GodofWine

deejay8595 said:
Im excited for the single player campaign.

Me too...this was my main reason for wanting this game..the 60 player lag free awesome multiplayer with coop mode is all gravy...thick delicious gravy :)

Are they tweaking things as the beta goes along...I played in a 40 player room in Orick last night on TDM, and the spawns were just perfectly placed, made for great action, kept my squad together, never had an enemy pop in front of me, or behind me...just seemed like it should be for the first time.

Weapons also felt more appropriately powered..but it could be me getting more accurate.

jjasper

After playing some more over the weekend I think I like R2 better than R1. A few points:
-Skirmish works with 60 players, but I think 60 is too much for any other mode.
-The Shotgun, grenade launcher, and bullseye need serious revisions
-The marksman is the best new weapon
-Skirmish is great but it really needs addition objectives besides priority targets and obtaining/defending towers.
-Grenade trow distance could be altered a little bit but this really isn't a big concern cause it seems like they do more damage in 2 than in one and if that is the case I understand why the throw distance was shortened.

RobertM

Seriously, why are there crosshairs when you use iron sight? Even when I use the so called "iron sight", the bullets go all over the place and even if I aim at the head I can barely get a headshot or at least more damage. Also sometimes the game takes too long to recognize when I want to sprint as if there is a delay or disconnect between pressing the button and execution (really hate this). There needs to be somekind of hit indicator like they have in CoD4 the white cross because half the time I'm not even sure I'm hitting anything.

What exactly is supposed to be impressive about the water in this game??

Just played sierra 117 in Halo 3 and the lighting is a generation ahead of R2. Slight exaggeration.

SappYoda

Spiegel said:
Sorry, sykoex was faster :/
Thank you anyways :)

It will be hard to get a key from here :p

Edit: Got it from pistolpete2940 ;)
ricky-gervais-youre-awesome.gif

GodofWine

RobertM said:
There needs to be somekind of hit indicator like they have in CoD4 the
white cross because half the time I'm not even sure I'm hitting anything.

When you hit something...anything...you see XP points appear at the target.

Bearillusion said:
What exactly is supposed to be impressive about the water in this game??

Water looks fine to me, not mind blowing, but easily 'good'.

Beta was only a 2gb file, I assume some textures / polygons were snipped to make the file manageable.

andycapps

rjcc said:
can't finish a level by myself when I have to activate two switches at once to progress. played several matches this morning, same thing every time, complete half the objective, gun down waves of idiotic enemies (zombies, chimera or the big guys w/ the shields)..watch my teammates run around in circles

Everytime I play co-op, my team is able to figure out what to do. All you do is follow the instructions at the top of the screen. How many co-op matches have you played, were they ranked or unranked, 8 players?

andycapps

If I could make one major suggestion for JS (since I can't access the beta site at work), it's to add in an alert in big letters in the co-op and competive lobbies so that the host knows they are the host. Can't say how many games I've been in where the host has left and it's reassigned to someone else who doesn't know they are the hosts.

Usually I yell to everyone that if you see start game on your screen, you are the host and about half the time, that person ends up starting the game and saying they didn't even know they were the host.

Geoff9920

Guled said:
ya, thats how it goes
Thanks man. That would explain all the crazy options selected when I go to play a match. My personal favorites being the ones with unlimited rounds so the match never ends. o_O

andycapps said:
If I could make one major suggestion for JS (since I can't access the beta site at work), it's to add in an alert in big letters in the co-op and competive lobbies so that the host knows they are the host. Can't say how many games I've been in where the host has left and it's reassigned to someone else who doesn't know they are the hosts.

Usually I yell to everyone that if you see start game on your screen, you are the host and about half the time, that person ends up starting the game and saying they didn't even know they were the host.

This ... 100X over.

andycapps

Geoff9920 said:
Thanks man. That would explain all the crazy options selected when I go to play a match. My personal favorites being the ones with unlimited rounds so the match never ends. o_O

Yeah you don't have options like low damage, high damage, unlimited rounds in ranked games. Would be too easy to rig your stats.

patsu

rjcc said:

You still get experience points for not finishing the games.

Once you progressed past level 4 (I think), you will see a marked improvement in the AI. The Chimeras that used to bunch together in the teleporter will now roam further, or rush to the other teleport to support their comrades. In outdoor, they will be all over the hills to track you down even if you tried to hide in the shacks. The Titans will start to fight better too.

The only problem is the stationery Stalker (happens almost everytime) and the 2 stationery Titans at the top of the towers (in 1 level config only since the levels reconfig itself for every new game).

EDIT: Despite the known flaws in co-op, I enjoyed the games very much too. I just want Insomniac to improve on the outstanding issues, so that more people will play them over one year.

oneHeero

RobertM said:
Seriously, why are there crosshairs when you use iron sight? Even when I use the so called "iron sight", the bullets go all over the place and even if I aim at the head I can barely get a headshot or at least more damage. Also sometimes the game takes too long to recognize when I want to sprint as if there is a delay or disconnect between pressing the button and execution (really hate this). There needs to be somekind of hit indicator like they have in CoD4 the white cross because half the time I'm not even sure I'm hitting anything.
Its called recoil. I've never shot a gun in my life, but I know that if I tried to shot a automatic gun, it would spray regardless if I used the iron sight.

Thats where ppl who are good at fps differ from ppl who arent good. Some of us know how to adjust to the recoil.
Secondly, your crosshair is red when your hitting something, their blood is splattering and xp pops up. If you cant see these things, stay out of mp and just play co-op and sp since all your doing is bitching because of your poor vision and lack of skill.
I have no problems running, seems like your the only person complaining, meaning your the problem, not the game.

I avg about 10-15 Sweet dreams per game(headshots) with the carbine..Get good?

Chicago w/ 60 players is an awesome, awesome map. Wow...

I only played one game of co-op as a Soldier in Orick, but I ran out of ammo and couldn't find any anywhere. What's the deal? I basically just had to run around trying to knife Chimera. It was a futile exercise. :lol

TheJollyCorner said:
Chicago w/ 60 players is an awesome, awesome map. Wow...

I only played one game of co-op as a Soldier in Orick, but I ran out of ammo and couldn't find any anywhere. What's the deal? I basically just had to run around trying to knife Chimera. It was a futile exercise. :lol
Spec ops give you ammo

Madman

After playing the beta extensively, I've come to a few conclusions. Some of you have either played very little of the beta or weren't paying attention while playing, since I have seen impressions that are simply false. Even from some that I usually considered to be reliable posters. Especially regarding co-op.

Regarding co-op enemies, when you get to higher levels, their agression increases dramatically and they become much smarter. At first running and hiding would work for me, but not anymore. I saw a very impressive attack from the Chimera yesterday where they were literally seeking out and destroying every living person on the map. I know because when they finished me off, they immediately turned their attention to one of the few who had lived through their initial onslaught despite the fact he was not shooting at them. They also were evasive and used cover to protect themselves from me before rushing where I was holed up.

As far as competitive MP, about the only things I can agree with is increasing hip firing accuracy and toning down the amount of extra stuff on the screen, such as the hit indicator and beserk indicator. Other then that, run speed wise and general feel wise it's not all that different from R1. I prefer R2 in a lot of ways, including the sprint speed and especially the jump height. Hell, they even fixed the Y axis speed issue from the first.

In the end, either some of you guys are really jaded or haven't played much of the beta.

GuessWho said:
anybody have a spare beta key? would appreciate it.
It's possible that I might have one. I had 7 keys and I got a Qore one monday but I don't recall if I gave it to someone else. I must have given 9 or 8 keys all togheter

Mister D

After playing the beta some more I'm not sure if I'll still get the game. After a while the bullet sponge shit started to get on my nerves. When I'm using a minigun that has to spool up before firing any shots I expect the payoff when I catch someone from behind and aim for their head to be instant death. Now I usually kill the person but when it takes damn near 2 seconds of continuous fire to do so I'm not really feeling it.

I guess it's just one of those stylistic things where you have to whittle down each others lifebar to actually get a kill in comparison to COD4 where even a person with the Juggernaut perk can still get wrecked if you hit them in a highly fatal area like their head or chest. I'm gonna keep playing the beta until it ends and go back to COD4. I might open Far Cry 2 and see how that multiplayer fares so that I at least get a little break from playing the COD4 maps over and over again, especially since I'm not getting COD:WAW after playing that beta as well.

patsu

Madman said:
After playing the beta extensively, I've come to a few conclusions. Some of you have either played very little of the beta or weren't paying attention while playing, since I have seen impressions that are simply false. Even from some that I usually considered to be reliable posters. Especially regarding co-op.

Regarding co-op enemies, when you get to higher levels, their agression increases dramatically and they become much smarter. At first running and hiding would work for me, but not anymore. I saw a very impressive attack from the Chimera yesterday where they were literally seeking out and destroying every living person on the map. I know because when they finished me off, they immediately turned their attention to one of the few who had lived through their initial onslaught despite the fact he was not shooting at them. They also were evasive and used cover to protect themselves from me before rushing where I was holed up.

Please pay attention to what this man is saying about co-op. It is true and reflects my personal experience as well (once you progressed past a certain level).

It is rather difficult (and fun !) now -- if you ignored the bosses. At higher level, the bosses die quicker, so it's not that bad. People should form good teams to fight the Chimeras. I doubt a random team can make it far (unless perhaps you have 8 excellent medics on-staff).

Yoshichan

And they made him a Lord of Cinder. Not for virtue, but for might. Such is a lord, I suppose. But here I ask. Do we have a sodding chance?
Metalmurphy said:
It's possible that I might have one. I had 7 keys and I got a Qore one monday but I don't recall if I gave it to someone else. I must have given 9 or 8 keys all togheter
:lol :lol :lol

Top Bottom