• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

RESISTANCE 2 - Hype Thread w/latest info

rod said:
no, i was talking game. visuals in uncharted were great. game was average.

You are out of your mind. I guess you have really bad taste. Lemme guess, next you are going to say hamburger is better than Prime Steak. Your OPINIONS so far have Sucked the Anal Beads out of a Hippos Ass.

gtfo~4.jpg

Gattsu25

Banned
rod said:
no, i was talking game. visuals in uncharted were great. game was average.
You know what? I disagree with you. You still seem like a great guy, but I'll just have to accept that not everyone feels the same way as me.

:)

I think if you guys would stop responding to the obvious trolls, the thread would get back on topic.

Anyway, can't wait for the media event next week.

DrPirate

Banned
Gattsu25 said:
You know what? I disagree with you. You still seem like a great guy, but I'll just have to accept that not everyone feels the same way as me.

:)

You win.

slicedking said:
Anyway, can't wait for the media event next week.

Wait..What?

They're showing off something new again?!

Trevelyan

Banned
DrPirate said:
Wait..What?

They're showing off something new again?!
They're showing the stuff they showed Thursday night in LA over in NY. But at least this time we should be seeing pics and vids of gameplay of it. :D

Edit: fuckin beaten =(

jmd494

Private Hoffman said:
Yup. Next week they're showing off a ton of new single player footage in NYC, which the media should be able to show on the net.
Nice..I can't wait to see the Motorstorm/R2 1up Show (Not saying there is going to be one but it'd be awesome if there was).

It seems like the 1up guys love both too! :D

Dante

cjtiger300 said:
You are out of your mind. I guess you have really bad taste. Lemme guess, next you are going to say hamburger is better than Prime Steak. Your OPINIONS so far have Sucked the Anal Beads out of a Hippos Ass.

gtfo~4.jpg

:lol

Nizz

cjtiger300 said:

gtfo~4.jpg
Holy Sh!t !! :lol :lol

M3Freak

Banned
DrPirate said:
It doesn't matter because either way, different strokes, different folks and all that.

Offtopic:

CANADIANS: EBGAMES NOW HAS THE R2 BETA FROM THE PREORDERS GOGOGOGO (going and pick mine up Monday :p).

Oh shits! I will have to call my EB tomorrow afternoon!

jstevenson

Sailor Stevenson
Justin Dailey said:
If there is a media event...PLEASE PLEASE give us some UNCUT, GAMEPLAY footage!

A bunch of people took plenty of direct feed on Thursday night. We're releasing some b-roll that's pretty uncut as well.

Dizzan

MINI Member
jstevenson said:
Especially since it's from a private beta, that's 2 months old, and is way outdated based on the way the game plays now.

Public Beta is soon ya'll.

Awesome! I shouldn't say this but I think the Private Beta rocks and looks great. I'm expecting to be blown away by the final game.

patsu

rod said:
that said, im still going to buy the game, so i dont understand why so much hate. and its the same people saying the same shit all the time. i hope its a much better GAME than r1. i remember shawn elliot on either gfw/1up once, talking about R1 and he couldnt have put it better. it was just a very average run of the mill shooter.

I don't know about that. In my opinion, R1 in Hard mode plays better than other FPSes like Halo 2, UT3 and CoD4. It does start slow though. Once it hit its stride, it reminds me of Halo 1, but without the repetitive levels and no Flood. :)

i really want a much better campaign mode out of R2. i know the multi will be great (main reason im buying it at the moment).

Sure. The MP is league above others, but the SP is not as bad as you think.

Ariexv said:

Something tells me you have absolutely no interest in Resistance 2 (or anything Sony related for that matter), and you're trying to downplay Resistance 2 for whatever reason (the lulz?)

Just look at this recent post.

Ariexv said:
:lol :lol :lol Seriously? Sorry but 360 definitely has an arguably superior line-up for the fall. It might vary from person to person but in the end its going to end up Gears > resistance(again), Fable > LBP, and that is before you add in Tales, IU, Last Remnant, Banjo, and VP2.

Seriously, do people honestly think like this?

Ariexv

Private Hoffman said:
Something tells me you have absolutely no interest in Resistance 2 (or anything Sony related for that matter), and you're trying to downplay Resistance 2 for whatever reason (the lulz?)

Just look at this recent post.

Notice the arguably and the differs from person to person, and I'm sorry but you have to be insane if you think sales-wise and even critical acclaim that Resistance is going to match up to Gears, same goes w/ LBP being able to match Fable sales(hint:fable 1 sold 3 million copies+)

DrPirate

Banned
Private Hoffman said:

What a showdown! I'm sure that RPG will KICK that platformers ass man!

And all those other games? Guess we have to just not get Motorstorm, or wipeout, or socom. It's just a little sad no RPG's are releasing this holiday to counter Fable 2, Tales, or IU (Eternal Sonata lulz), but I think it's a unanimous agreement that Sony dropped the ball on RPG's :\

edit: Nevermind, he's talking about Sales, but I wasn't sure what his original point was, because other games are coming out we're not allowed to get PS3 games anymore? They stop existing....ummm....

No. I don't think you really do have a point. You type meaningless words. That's what it really amounts to...

klee123

Ariexv said:
Notice the arguably and the differs from person to person, and I'm sorry but you have to be insane if you think sales-wise and even critical acclaim that Resistance is going to match up to Gears, same goes w/ LBP being able to match Fable sales(hint:fable 1 sold 3 million copies+)

They may sell better, but it doesn't mean that you have to go to every single PS3 exclusive game thread to shit on it.

Ariexv said:

You underestimate the PS3 and its core users. Both of the those games will sell a ton.

Pistolero

He sounds angry...
Well, regarding Resistance 2, after seeing the new scans (OPM), and knowing the developer tendency to make huge worlds, I certainly think we'll have a killer engine running by year end.

Ariexv

cjtiger300 said:
You underestimate the PS3 and its core users. Both of the those games will sell a ton.
Gears 2 is going to do Halo 2 like numbers...... Resistance can't possibly hope to get even close to matching it, Fable 1 did 3 million + despite the hype for the game on these forums LBP isn't going to reach those numbers unless its bundled.

Ariexv said:

You said "it might vary from person to person, but in the end..."

But really, that wasn't my point in bringing it up.

I just find it suspect that some guy with a Banjo avatar, that probably doesn't own a PS3, shows absolutely zero interest in Resistance 2 from all the R2 threads that have been made, suddenly shows up in a Resistance 2 thread with some terribly written impressions from a Beta tester that downplays Resistance 2 based on very unfinished code.

Ariexv

Private Hoffman said:
You said "it might vary from person to person, but in the end..."

But really, that wasn't my point in bringing it up.

I just find it suspect that some guy with a Banjo avatar, that probably doesn't own a PS3, shows absolutely zero interest in Resistance 2 from all the R2 threads that have been made, suddenly shows up in a Resistance 2 thread with some terribly written impressions from a Beta tester that downplays Resistance 2 based on very unfinished code.
Why does my Avatar matter? I can go back to my old Mario Galaxy one if you want, Really my post was mostly because I'm bored and I figured it would start a good 2-3 pages of discussion to read.

Ariexv said:
Gears 2 is going to do Halo 2 like numbers...... Resistance can't possibly hope to get even close to matching it, Fable 1 did 3 million + despite the hype for the game on these forums LBP isn't going to reach those numbers unless its bundled.

I seriously doubt fable 2 will sell more than LBP...probably wont even do as well as the first....Considering the emphasis sony put on it, I expect it to have a much larger marketing campaign than fable anyway

Also, why are you in this topic??? Seriously dude, doubt you have the console, but more importantly doubt you have any interest in the games on the console...isnt it a waste of your time?

DrPirate

Banned
Ariexv said:
Why does my Avatar matter? I can go back to my old Mario Galaxy one if you want, Really my post was mostly because I'm bored and I figured it would start a good 2-3 pages of discussion to read.

lol at avoiding the real questions.

patsu

Ariexv said:

Why did Fable 1 sold 3 millions and LBP can't ?

Don't let all the Rare failures get to you. Other folks can make good games that sell well. Have more faith.

Ariexv

nelsonroyale said:
I seriously doubt fable 2 will sell more than LBP...probably wont even do as well as the first....
There's no reason Fable 2 won't sell more then the first.... heck if you want I'll make a ban-bet that LBP won't break 3 million (without bundles) if you want.

Also, why are you in this topic??? Seriously dude, doubt you have the console, but more importantly doubt you have any interest in the games on the console...isnt it a waste of your time?
A)I'm bored
B)I like Ratchet and Clank ^^ and Pixeljunk monsters. Oh and that new Naruto game looks good, as does Valkyrie Chronicles.

RoboPlato

I'd be in the dick
Why is this thread more active when people are fighting than when there was new footage? Seriously everyone needs to just let it slide once anyone voices something other than blind praise, even if someone is obviously trolling.

patsu

... because the new footage is not gameplay... and Insomniac is pacing the media release. People are waiting to get into the public beta. Private beta guys are anxious to try it out to see if their feedback matter.

rod

Banned
lol, anyone who even dares mention anything thats not blind praise to the "protected species" of the sony fanbase (uncharted, resistance) is branded a fanboy. or a retard. or whatever the fuck. when it truly is you people, who are the retards, hoffman, have you being on gaf all day? just waiting for the r2 thread to be bumped?

seriously guys, it seems as if i insulted your fucking mothers. except you get more hostile when someone disses your favorite console manufacturer. these guys dont pay your bills, they dont suck your dick, so why do you suck theirs with such gay abandon? fucking imbeciles.

Top Bottom