• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

RESISTANCE 2 - Hype Thread w/latest info

Dever

Banned
rod said:
lol, anyone who even dares mention anything thats not blind praise to the "protected species" of the sony fanbase (uncharted, resistance) is branded a fanboy. or a retard. or whatever the fuck. when it truly is you people, who are the retards, hoffman, have you being on gaf all day? just waiting for the r2 thread to be bumped?

seriously guys, it seems as if i insulted your fucking mothers. except you get more hostile when someone disses your favorite console manufacturer. these guys dont pay your bills, they dont suck your dick, so why do you suck theirs with such gay abandon? fucking imbeciles.

Shiiit calm down mon. :lol

patsu

rod said:
lol, anyone who even dares mention anything thats not blind praise to the "protected species" of the sony fanbase (uncharted, resistance) is branded a fanboy. or a retard. or whatever the fuck. when it truly is you people, who are the retards, hoffman, have you being on gaf all day? just waiting for the r2 thread to be bumped?

seriously guys, it seems as if i insulted your fucking mothers. except you get more hostile when someone disses your favorite console manufacturer. these guys dont pay your bills, they dont suck your dick, so why do you suck theirs with such gay abandon? fucking imbeciles.

Why so defensive ? I responded to your posts but, like you, those are my honest feelings about R1 and R2. Your argument seems to be directed to the art rather than the technical performances. If it's art, it is subjective.

Looking at the Leviathan trailer and the Orick, CA 60 player map, I still maintain that this is the best performing one yet (technically speaking). The only shortfall is it's 30fps instead of 60fps but then we knew that already since the beginning.

Dizzan

MINI Member
rod said:

:lol Dude relax.

Ploid 3.0

rod said:

Kittonwy don't pull punches on R2. He was actually darn hard on it. He wants the best for it and he know it won't happen with blind praise. If he saw something he didn't like he made it known. He had darn good reasons for his harsh criticism though. Most of the hate is with "In my opinion this game is trash, even though I only see a bit of it. I don't believe they can pull this off based on my twisted history of this dev group. Here is the history chart I drew up in crayon."

Nafai1123

Banned
Ariexv said:
There's no reason Fable 2 won't sell more then the first.... heck if you want I'll make a ban-bet that LBP won't break 3 million (without bundles) if you want.

A)I'm bored
B)I like Ratchet and Clank ^^ and Pixeljunk monsters. Oh and that new Naruto game looks good, as does Valkyrie Chronicles.

Well, good to hear you have interested in Resistance given you are in a RESISTANCE THREAD. Seriously dude...

rod said:

calm down dude. when did I brand you either of those things? you're the one resorting to attacks now.

It just sounded like trolling since you've recently been downplaying a number of games in various sony threads recently, having nary a positive thing to say about them and focusing largely on the negative, or focusing on the 'fanbase' or whatever. Apparently it makes you mad that some people on here enjoy a lot of Sony's offerings.

This isn't groupthink at all. I don't think R1 is perfect, and R2 likely won't be perfect either. It's just the way you structure your comments that resulted in the reactions to your posts. Seriously, what sort of reaction are you expecting when you come into a Resistance thread and call Resistance 1 an "ugly POS"?

dazzgc

Banned
R1 really cant be defended tho. Fair enough if you enjoyed it, but it was obviously rushed to market and was merely an adequate launch title. I do expect alot more from r2 however, and it has very stiff competition on all platforms this holiday season.

senahorse

rod said:

What else do you do when you pledge allegiance to the console with the least games?

patsu

dazzgc said:
R1 really cant be defended tho. Fair enough if you enjoyed it, but it was obviously rushed to market and was merely an adequate launch title. I do expect alot more from r2 however, and it has very stiff competition on all platforms this holiday season.

Defend R1 for what ? It's a great game. I liked it. That's all there is to it. More/newer doesn't mean better. I much prefer Halo 1 to Halo 2 too.

x3n05 said:
What else do you do when you pledge allegiance to the console with the least games?

Gah... pledge allegiance ? Which army unit are you from ?

Does it even matter when there's enough good games this fall. Buy and enjoy whatever games you like but spare me your allegiance please. Don't you have games to play yourself ?

senahorse

patsu said:
Defend R1 for what ? It's a great game. I liked it. That's all there is to it. More/newer doesn't mean better. I much prefer Halo 1 to Halo 2 too.

Gah... pledge allegiance ? Which army unit are you from ?

Does it even matter when there's enough good games this fall. Buy and enjoy whatever games you like but spare me your allegiance please. Don't you have games to play yourself ?

I am from the UN forces, where all systems work together. The same can be said for all allegiances on GAF, they would rather talk up their system then actually play games. And yes I have been playing The Witcher, F.E.A.R (finally got a PC worth playing it on) and Peggle, just having a break for some GAF hilarity.

On topic, like Rod I will also be getting R2 but am not expecting much. Resistance was an OK fps, solid even, it just didn't bring anything new to the table, hopefully R2 does. At the very least coop is sounding good.

Ploid 3.0

x3n05 said:

I own one console (not counting my ps1, and ps2), but don't have the luxury to play every game I want to play on it (PS3, and PS2 for that matter). I have to cherry pick even now with 3 games I'm looking forward to (LBP, Motarstorm2, and R2). I post in the threads of games that interest me. What's wrong with that?

Games that don't interest me, or I have no access to I bearly make note of them unless they're thrown in my face (bioshock, H3, Gears, BRAID although I looked at 1up and thought the idea is neat, and I had to stop and acknowledge Crysis warhead wow). The Denis thing made got me interested in how that game turned out. I might have made 3 posts in all of the too human related topics giving Denis some support. I didn't want to see that team fail when they put so much into the game.

Just because there are fewer PS3 games out there (hey it's a step up from no ps3 games, right?) don't mean we are itching for games to be interested in. Well let me speak for myself. I'm not really at the moment. I'm just itching for more info, well more video of the game I'm most excited about getting my hands on this Nov. 4th. Is that so pitiful? Preez don't look down on me like that :(

x3n05 said:
I am from the UN forces, where all systems work together. The same can be said for all allegiances on GAF, they would rather talk up their system then actually play games. And yes I have been playing The Witcher, F.E.A.R (finally got a PC worth playing it on) and Peggle, just having a break for some GAF hilarity.

On topic, like Rod I will also be getting R2 but am not expecting much. Resistance was an OK fps, solid even, it just didn't bring anything new to the table, hopefully R2 does. At the very least coop is sounding good.

Earlier today I was playing some Resistance 1 to hold me over, but I was called over to the pc for business and in the meantime I posted here. Also at the moment I'm watching A movie while I'm at the PC. You'd be surprised how much people multitask these days.

patsu

x3n05 said:

Yeah well, this is the R2 thread. If you are looking for some mindless fun, would appreciate it if you could do it elsewhere. ^_^

I am sure there are plenty of other threads to dwell on.

EDIT:
On topic, like Rod I will also be getting R2 but am not expecting much. Resistance was an OK fps, solid even, it just didn't bring anything new to the table, hopefully R2 does. At the very least coop is sounding good

It has one of the best MP gameplay. Few of the new games (even on 360 side) were able to match the fun. This is more than sufficient for R1 to stand tall.

senahorse

Ploid 3.0 said:
I own one console (not counting my ps1, and ps2), but don't have the luxury to play every game I want to play on it (PS3, and PS2 for that matter). I have to cherry pick even now with 3 games I'm looking forward to (LBP, Motarstorm2, and R2). I post in the threads of games that interest me. What's wrong with that?

Games that don't interest me, or I have no access to I bearly make note of them unless they're thrown in my face (bioshock, H3, Gears, BRAID although I looked at 1up and thought the idea is neat, and I had to stop and acknowledge Crysis warhead wow). The Denis thing made got me interested in how that game turned out. I might have made 3 posts in all of the too human related topics giving Denis some support. I didn't want to see that team fail when they put so much into the game.

Just because there are fewer PS3 games out there (hey it's a step up from no ps3 games, right?) don't mean we are itching for games to be interested in. Well let me speak for myself. I'm not really at the moment. I'm just itching for more info, well more video of the game I'm most excited about getting my hands on this Nov. 4th. Is that so pitiful? Preez don't look down on me like that :(

Well we all have different tastes. At one stage I preferred my 360 as my main system. When MGS4 came out it was PS3, Wii...well I am still waiting for that to be my main system but I am not holding my breath. Currently I am a PC gamer, when LBP comes out it will be back to PS3.

My point regarding 'system with the least games' was not directed at people like yourself but just cannon fodder to get the rabid fanboys riled up. I am not looking down on you dude, nor anyone else in this thread, just some of the comments in here are ridiculous. It seems, to be allowed to post in an official thread, (whatever the system) you have to say something positive or you are branded with all types of names and memes (unless of course it's a Too Human thread).

And I am happy for you that you can't wait for this game to come out. Personally I am not too excited for it at this stage, but hopefully that changes when it gets in my hands. :D

patsu

x3n05 said:
It seems, to be allowed to post in an official thread, (whatever the system) you have to say something positive or you are branded with all types of names and memes (unless of course it's a Too Human thread).

Your impression is incorrect. There have been well placed criticisms for R1 and even R2.

But you have to admit that people do post in this thread for hilarity. In which case, you can't blame others for reacting to them.

senahorse

patsu said:
Your impression is incorrect. There have been well placed criticisms for R1 and even R2.

But you have to admit that people do post in this thread for hilarity. In which case, you can't blame people for reacting to them.

Oh I agree, and so is true with most threads on GAF, but there is equal backlash for the people that just don't like the game.

Anyway, I don't want to keep this thread off topic any longer, so here is a pic of R2 :D.

2itk3lf.jpg

kevm3

R2 looks great. I love the bigger color palette they are using this time around. However, my my main problem with the visuals is that it needs a bit more 'grit'. Something about the airplane in the back makes it seem like something is a bit off. it needs more metallic sheen.

I'm not posting this to start an argument as to which game looks better... It's just to illustrate a point. I think they need to litter the environments with more trinkets and smaller details to make it look like someone was actually in that hangar. Put some tools that the mechanics may have used to work on those planes on the floor. Add some bloodstains, etc. etc. I noticed the somewhat empty feel of the environment especially when Hale was fighting the big creature that throws him around. The buildings are really bland... Nothing there to give it life... such as broken cups on the floor, random papers strewn about. Too many smooth surfaces as well. Throw some dirt on it... Make it a litlte more grainy. It's too smooth.

killzone2_3speech.jpg

A game like MGS 4 was the master of small details. R2 looks quite a big step up from R1, but I think there's nothing wrong with a bit of constructive criticism.

Uncharted is an excellent example of the varied textures to really make the image pop:
Uncharted5.jpg

Now, I'm sure most of the screens I've been judging are from an older build, and I have no doubt that the game will look much improved. But to give props to Insomniac, this is a truly beautiful screenshot:
resistance-2-20080126000725597_640w.jpg

rod

Banned
kev your comment about the plane was stolen from a comment i made to a friend on msn. i agree completely. also, its not even funny how badly kz2 destroys every other console shooter out there.

mr_nothin

Banned
rod said:

Its all about approach.
If I come at you and say your jacket is a ugly POS and my jacket + all these other ones looks way better than it...then you'd get some backlash.

patsu

I think it depends on the level. Uncharted happened in a ruin. KZ2 unveiled in a harsh, war torned planet.

In R2, the Chicago city was pretty much destroyed. I remember seeing shambles, lot's of debri , burning cars and flood in that level.

Orick, CA and the air base seemed to be in active use. If it's well maintained, I don't think military planes are supposed to have metallic sheen or glossy surfaces. Even my rifle barrel and muzzle were matted to prevent reflection.

I do like KZ2's art style better though.

As for making R2 "pop", the more good suggestions, the better.

kevm3

I agree that Killzone is a graphical beast. I love the little details in the game, such as a flag blowing in the wind. The little touches really help distinguish a game's visuals.

Insomniac has the gist of the graphics right, but where they need to improve is by adding variation through texturing, filters, and shaders. They are too geometry heavy when it comes to creating an interesting image. Resistance is a perfect example... You'll have areas that look awesome because you can see geometry everywhere (later in the game), but the small rooms looked awful because there wasn't a ton of geometry to throw around in there. The rooms ended up being relatively empty. What they could've done in those rooms was use texturework to add all kinds of variations within.

I believe Insomniac has the core graphics right. R1 was kind of stuck inbetween the cartoony type games Insomniac was accustomed to making and a more serious tone, but R2 seems to be upping the grit a good bit, which is excellent. Where they DO need to improve in in is the small details part, for example, varying up the textures, adding various details to the ground, filters such as maybe motion blur, use different shaders to give metal things a sheen. Hopefully they can get in contact with the Killzone guys and steal the metal code off of them. The metal on the rocket launcher for that game is amazing. Add some sort of bloom lighting in that window. Those rays coming through look awfully weak. Looking at the movie they released, it looks amazing, but small details will make it really pop. For example, there should be sparks flying everywhere after the Chimera plasma blasts hit the truck, and the truck should rock back and forth from the impact of the bullets. I'd also like to see a few more puffs of dust about as bullets hit the ground. They are doing an amazing job overall, but it's just the small details and texture storytelling that need more work. Let me see some rust, dust, dings and dents on that truck.

2e4m2zb.gif

Bioshock is a perfect example of what I'm talking about. Look at all the variation there. It just looks interesting. There is so much going on and so much detail there. Papers littering the ground, blood on the walls, spraypaint, the briefcase with blood dripping down it.

bioshock200708261254317yr0.jpg

Here go a few images to demonstrate what I was talking about with the original Resistance. A lot of the drab moments were usually the indoor environments. There just needs to be more variation to make each place look unique. I hate that feeling of, "Oh, here I go down another generic corridor again."

For example, this looks amazing because there is a ton of geometry everywhere:
resistance-fall-of-man-20061110064419046.jpg

But this is a bit boring:
resistance-fall-of-man-20071115030603664_640w.jpg

In summation, what I'm really trying to say is that environments should tell just as much of a story as the characters. In that Bioshock picture, I can tell that you are in the domain of a psychopath. That Bioshock picture is an example of varying up the textures, shaders, etc., to create an interesting image in smaller, more intimate settings. This is where I believe Insomniac can make the greatest improvement. I want to see more environmental story telling from resistance 2. For example, as you start the game, you see much of the normal human architecture... Everything where it's supposed to be. As you progress, you start to see how the Chimera have really interacted with the environment... Scratches and blood dripping off the wall, graffitti in the Chimeran language, a human skull being used as a cup by the Chimera, broken vases, bottles, ripped up magazines, etc. I want the environments to tell more of a story. I want to be able to tell how the humans lived when I visit the environment, and I definitely want to be able to tell how the Chimerans lived when I travel through some new area.

The one thing I always admired about Insomniac is their willingness to listen to their fans. I'm sure they will improve the visuals by a good bit by the time the game is released. Where I give them a lot of credit for taking the consideration of the fans in account is through the addition of a significant level of gore. It makes the game look so much more interesting and gritty.

kevm3 said:
R2 looks great. I love the bigger color palette they are using this time around. However, my my main problem with the visuals is that it needs a bit more 'grit'. Something about the airplane in the back makes it seem like something is a bit off. it needs more metallic sheen.

I'm not posting this to start an argument as to which game looks better... It's just to illustrate a point. I think they need to litter the environments with more trinkets and smaller details to make it look like someone was actually in that hangar. Put some tools that the mechanics may have used to work on those planes on the floor. Add some bloodstains, etc. etc. I noticed the somewhat empty feel of the environment especially when Hale was fighting the big creature that throws him around. The buildings are really bland... Nothing there to give it life... such as broken cups on the floor, random papers strewn about. Too many smooth surfaces as well. Throw some dirt on it... Make it a litlte more grainy. It's too smooth.

A game like MGS 4 was the master of small details. R2 looks quite a big step up from R1, but I think there's nothing wrong with a bit of constructive criticism.

Uncharted is an excellent example of the varied textures to really make the image pop:

Now, I'm sure most of the screens I've been judging are from an older build, and I have no doubt that the game will look much improved. But to give props to Insomniac, this is a truly beautiful screenshot:

The leviathan level was not running most of the effects that will be there in the finished product when it was shown at E3. My guess is that the polish they are putting on now will include some of what you are talking about.

Oh yeah, that KZ2 shot is about as sick as they get, but you are talking about a totally different are direction.

Kittonwy

Banned
rod said:

Oh u hurtz my feelingz lol.
Indifferent2.gif

Kittonwy

Banned
kevm3 said:
I agree that Killzone is a graphical beast. I love the little details in the game, such as a flag blowing in the wind. The little touches really help distinguish a game's visuals.

Insomniac has the gist of the graphics right, but where they need to improve is by adding variation through texturing, filters, and shaders. They are too geometry heavy when it comes to creating an interesting image. Resistance is a perfect example... You'll have areas that look awesome because you can see geometry everywhere (later in the game), but the small rooms looked awful because there wasn't a ton of geometry to throw around in there. The rooms ended up being relatively empty. What they could've done in those rooms was use texturework to add all kinds of variations within.

I believe Insomniac has the core graphics right. R1 was kind of stuck inbetween the cartoony type games Insomniac was accustomed to making and a more serious tone, but R2 seems to be upping the grit a good bit, which is excellent. Where they DO need to improve in in is the small details part, for example, varying up the textures, adding various details to the ground, filters such as maybe motion blur, use different shaders to give metal things a sheen. Hopefully they can get in contact with the Killzone guys and steal the metal code off of them. The metal on the rocket launcher for that game is amazing. Add some sort of bloom lighting in that window. Those rays coming through look awfully weak. Looking at the movie they released, it looks amazing, but small details will make it really pop. For example, there should be sparks flying everywhere after the Chimera plasma blasts hit the truck, and the truck should rock back and forth from the impact of the bullets. I'd also like to see a few more puffs of dust about as bullets hit the ground. They are doing an amazing job overall, but it's just the small details and texture storytelling that need more work. Let me see some rust, dust, dings and dents on that truck.

http://i35.tinypic.com/2e4m2zb.gif

Bioshock is a perfect example of what I'm talking about. Look at all the variation there. It just looks interesting. There is so much going on and so much detail there. Papers littering the ground, blood on the walls, spraypaint, the briefcase with blood dripping down it.

http://whatspikelikes.files.wordpress.com/2008/03/bioshock200708261254317yr0.jpg

Here go a few images to demonstrate what I was talking about with the original Resistance. A lot of the drab moments were usually the indoor environments. There just needs to be more variation to make each place look unique. I hate that feeling of, "Oh, here I go down another generic corridor again."

For example, this looks amazing because there is a ton of geometry everywhere:
http://ps3media.ign.com/ps3/image/article/745/745206/resistance-fall-of-man-20061110064419046.jpg

But this is a bit boring:
http://ps3media.ign.com/ps3/image/a...stance-fall-of-man-20071115030603664_640w.jpg

In summation, what I'm really trying to say is that environments should tell just as much of a story as the characters. In that Bioshock picture, I can tell that you are in the domain of a psychopath. That Bioshock picture is an example of varying up the textures, shaders, etc., to create an interesting image in smaller, more intimate settings. This is where I believe Insomniac can make the greatest improvement. I want to see more environmental story telling from resistance 2. For example, as you start the game, you see much of the normal human architecture... Everything where it's supposed to be. As you progress, you start to see how the Chimera have really interacted with the environment... Scratches and blood dripping off the wall, graffitti in the Chimeran language, a human skull being used as a cup by the Chimera, broken vases, bottles, ripped up magazines, etc. I want the environments to tell more of a story. I want to be able to tell how the humans lived when I visit the environment, and I definitely want to be able to tell how the Chimerans lived when I travel through some new area.

The one thing I always admired about Insomniac is their willingness to listen to their fans. I'm sure they will improve the visuals by a good bit by the time the game is released. Where I give them a lot of credit for taking the consideration of the fans in account is through the addition of a significant level of gore. It makes the game look so much more interesting and gritty.

The ground art in Insomniac games tend to be a tad too neat, even the chicago single player level from what has been shown seems a tad too neat, same with the brickwalls, things need to be broken, dirty, dusty, wooden floors need to be scratched, aged.

lowrider007

Licorice-flavoured booze?
Kittonwy said:
The ground art in Insomniac games tend to be a tad too neat, even the chicago single player level from what has been shown seems a tad too neat, same with the brickwalls, things need to be broken, dirty, dusty, wooden floors need to be scratched, aged.

You call this neat ?, I call it full of character, I think the scene below shows just how amazing the environment was/is in RFoM,

RFoM,

ivalmu.jpg

thuway

A big issue I had with R1 is how uninteractive the environment was. I liked that you could break glass, but some of the things in the environment just stood there.

test_account

XP-39C²
mr_nothin said:
Its all about approach.
If I come at you and say your jacket is a ugly POS and my jacket + all these other ones looks way better than it...then you'd get some backlash.
I agree, it pretty much depends on how you approach things and how you say the things. The 2nd post (i think it was the 2nd post, its this post atleast) that rod made in this discussion about Resistance 2's graphics was that R1 was a POS (i'm assuming that this means "piece of shit") too. I'm not 100% sure what "too" is referring to, but i would guess that it is referring to Resistance 2, but please correct me if i'm wrong. But to be fair, i havnt read all of rod's later posts, so he might have said other things than just something like "POS" in the discussion about Resistance 2's graphics, but that was how rod kinda started the discussion atleast.

I dont mind at all that people have different opinions about things, but as mr_nothin said, it depends on how you approach what you say. Generally speaking, saying something like "i think this game's graphics looks like a piece of shit" would probably attract more comments from more people than if someone is saying something like "i dont think game has the best looking graphics", atleast in my opinion :)

EDIT: I now see that rod is banned. I hope this post hasnt anything to do with it :\ If so, then i am sorry! :( I was mostly generally speaking on how things can be approached in som different ways.

Ariexv said:
Ps3 has the least AAA games as well....

that would be wii...

Depending on your taste as well though....I would take MGS4 over pretty much everything in the 360 library.... that said I got to play mass effect and bioshock on the pc so I was pretty happy

DrPirate

Banned
thuway said:
A big issue I had with R1 is how uninteractive the environment was. I liked that you could break glass, but some of the things in the environment just stood there.

Yeah I agree. I myself would chalk this up to it being a launch title, but some indoor environments were barren and had repeating assets (same couch, same tv same radio, same chairs in every house, etc). The thing with R1 is that it was very inconsistent, some areas were loaded with little touches and others look like they were skimmed over.

That picture with the widow maker is really fantastic though. Truly impressive stuff, I think I'll go replay the Thames level.

nelsonroyale said:
that would be wii...

Depending on your taste as well though....I would take MGS4 over pretty much everything in the 360 library.... that said I got to play mass effect and bioshock on the pc so I was pretty happy

Truth is here. I have a 360 and as much as Halo 3 and Gears of War were lauded as being perfect games, Gears turned out to be the Wrestlemania of gaming (Testosterone and macho-ism in a game that appeals to 14 year old boys and Halo....Well...I actually really really liked Halo, but it gets hated here for some reason) so yeah. Keep that subjective bullshit out of this thread man, different strokes, different folks.

Ariexv said:
Ps3 has the least AAA games as well....

why do you always have to get in ps3 threads?

we know you're a troll, we know you want all the games on ps3 to fail, in quality and in units sold, so please, get the fuck out of ps3 threads.

you don't have a ps3 and your fanboy spin will never make you buy one.

and take that ratchet avatar off, it doesn't mask your true nature.

Kittonwy

Banned
lowrider007 said:
You call this neat ?, I call it full of character, I think the scene below shows just how amazing the environment was/is in RFoM,

RFoM,

ivalmu.jpg

I mean the road, it looks like it's been swept, it can use more tiny rocks and stuff. Cars, instead of sitting pretty on all four, some should be flipped and some should be on their sides, some of the doors should be open or off their hinges, it's kind of strange they baked shadows in R1 but they didn't bake the shadows for the bricks, whick ended up sticking out too much, instead of round rocks have tiny asymmetric sharp rocks, make things feel more hostile, things were a tad too uniform.

Ariexv

nelsonroyale said:
that would be wii...

Actually going by reviews Wii has 6, Ps3 has 5.

lowrider007

Licorice-flavoured booze?
thuway said:
A big issue I had with R1 is how un-interactive the environment was. I liked that you could break glass, but some of the things in the environment just stood there.

'Some' being the operative word there, there was many rooms in RFoM that was filled with moveable objects, I remember because I used to have fun with my melee attack bashing them, in-fact some of the objects even had surprisingly good physics and wouldn't topple unless you ran at them.

JB1981

Great post, Kevm.

Completely agreed with all of it. There is a sterility to Insomniac's art direction that I've never liked about their games .... you homed in on it perfectly. Thanks.

patsu

Kittonwy said:
I mean the road, it looks like it's been swept, it can use more tiny rocks and stuff. Cars, instead of sitting pretty on all four, some should be flipped and some should be on their sides, some of the doors should be open or off their hinges, it's kind of strange they baked shadows in R1 but they didn't bake the shadows for the bricks, whick ended up sticking out too much, things were a tad too uniform.

I tend to agree with the cleanliness comment. The environment is generally cluttered but the style is still clean, if you get what I mean.

I am not too sure about correcting that because a clean road doesn't really make the game less fun. It's potentially a lot of ground area to waste memory on. Can it be done very efficiently ?

Madman

Hey guys. Could you bring all of this pointless arguing about reviews to some other thread? Some of us are interested in games themselves and not arguing about arbitrary numbers that have no real meaning.

Edit: Looks like that's done. Back to art comparisons!

JB1981

patsu said:
I tend to agree with the cleanliness comment. The environment is generally cluttered but the style is still clean, if you get what I mean.

I am not too sure about correcting that because a clean road doesn't really make the game less fun. It's potentially a lot of ground area to waste memory on. Can it be done very efficiently ?
well, it is a war-ravaged environment - so it's kind of important for that to be represented visually and in convincing detail

this is why i was always more drawn to the world of say, gears of war .... it's all in the details.

Top Bottom