• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

RESISTANCE 2 - Hype Thread w/latest info

Somnia

btkadams said:
so is the collectors edition going to be limited? i hate preordering, just wondering if i can walk in day one and pick up the collectors edition.

Dunno...I would assume so, but who knows anymore. I mean we have triple the reserves on Fable 2 limited than regular

urge26

for those that preordered the LE from Gamestop, did they mention when the you'll be able to get access to the beta?

Waiting to see if Amazon will offer launch-day shipping for the CE before I order it. Sadly I'll have to stick with the Qore start date for the beta.

Somnia

urge26 said:
for those that preordered the LE from Gamestop, did they mention when the you'll be able to get access to the beta?

Our e-mail said sometime in Sept. is when we will get them

Snipes424

Kagari said:
Is preordering and Qore the only way to get into the beta now? :/

Jstevenson said that they were trying to get more people into the private beta, but other then that, that's the only 2 ways I know of to get into open beta.

Also.. I think the only place to get the codes for pre-ordering is from gamestop.

btkadams

k before i ask this question i dont wanna hear all the complaining about how vgame music is awesome and in epic games like resistance its supposed to be heard, i understand that. i was wondering if there were any details on whether this game would support the custom soundtracks feature on ps3, since its practically a first party game. i obviously dont wanna use it for the campaign, but for the online. you see, one of my favourite bands for the past 5 years has a cd coming out the same day as resistance 2 (WOOT ha) and i defs wanna listen to it while i own people online :).

so has there been any confirmation of whether or not cust soundtracks are supported for r2? js, anyone?

M3Freak

Banned
jstevenson said:
No, we didn't. Public beta for other countries, but the LE is in North America only.

I'm still not sure I want the LE. I'm about 80% into the "no LE for me" camp.

Dizzan

MINI Member
I'm going to preorder R2 today. I'm in Australia though and was wondering if we will see any type of collectors edition?

Otherwise I may order from the US as long as it won't affect my online experience and if DLC is region free.

Any word on this?

FightyF

Banned
Snipes424 said:
Jstevenson said that they were trying to get more people into the private beta...

Hey jstevenson no need to "try" if you got a lineup of salivating GAF gamers who will spend every waking moment of their lives with it. :D

btkadams said:
so has there been any confirmation of whether or not cust soundtracks are supported for r2? js, anyone?

Good question...I usually have something for online as well.

Though I will say that when playing R1 with GAF you had a good number of people talking and a good flow of discussion in terms of tactical information so that unlike other games, you were too busy listening to that to have anything else.

With squads going down to 5 people now...CS wouldn't be a bad idea.

Dante said:
JS please tell me the quality of the R2 LE Box is high quality, unlike the sticker on the MGS4 LE.

I always assumed it was a metal plate, not just a sticker. Haven't touched it since I took the game out though.

Dante

FightyF said:
I always assumed it was a metal plate, not just a sticker. Haven't touched it since I took the game out though.

It's a crummy sticker, mine got air bubbles in it :/

jstevenson

Sailor Stevenson
I haven't seen an actual print version of the LE box, but it should be cool from what I understand and the designs.

As far as the beta --- I may be able to help a few people out early next week. But don't ask me before then... on the other hand, the game has gotten a lot of polish, and how it plays is much improved over the private beta (thanks in large part to our fan's feedback), so the public beta is much more representative. Thus it's that double edged sword in some ways.

Kittonwy

Banned
jstevenson said:
I haven't seen an actual print version of the LE box, but it should be cool from what I understand and the designs.

As far as the beta --- I may be able to help a few people out early next week. But don't ask me before then... on the other hand, the game has gotten a lot of polish, and how it plays is much improved over the private beta (thanks in large part to our fan's feedback), so the public beta is much more representative. Thus it's that double edged sword in some ways.

It's not nice to use people as guinea pigs.
angry.gif

The Jer

Man that action figure looks cheesy. And the skin, book, and DVD don't particularly interest me.
But, I'm a sucker for big boxes, so I'll probably get the CE.

thuway

jstevenson said:

The polished version, I'm assuming will be the public beta? On the Full Moon Show you guys mentioned the real "shields" are in the game now, etc. Can we expect to see the fruits of those labors in a new build on the beta?

Oh and-
IF it will get me in, at PAX I spent almost an hour on the demo booth and talked to Intihar frequently about the game. I'd love to actually give feedback on the title :D . I got my le preodered, Resistance 2 shirt, and my Retribution Cap ready.

theBishop

Banned
thuway said:
The polished version, I'm assuming will be the public beta? On the Full Moon Show you guys mentioned the real "shields" are in the game, etc. How soon can we expect to see footage of that.

Oh and-
IF it will get me in, at PAX I spent almost an hour on the demo booth and talked to Intihar frequently about the game. I'd love to actually give feedback on the titlle :D . I got my Resistance 2 shirt and my Retribution Cap ready.

Did you play Retribution? How excited should I be from 1-5?

thuway

theBishop said:
Did you play Retribution? How excited should I be from 1-5?

A 4.75. Before playing it, I was at a 3. This wasn't Insomniac, it was Sony Bend. I didn't want the same fate as Clank's solo adventure to befall the Resistance Franchise. However, the game feels and looks extremely ambitious. By the time I finished the demo- this went on my short list of must have PSP titles. The first thing that will catch you off guard is the graphics. Once it finally hits you that this is a PSP game and it looks this good, you'll be elated. The control scheme also works extremely well. The aim assist never intrudes on you.

If I had to quibble, I'd say I kept getting caught up in the auto cover scheme which seemed a bit clunky, but that could be because of my incompetence. I'd say more, but this is a R2 thread. I can pm you if you'd like :D . Overall, Hype +1.

GrayFoxPL

Kittonwy said:
It's not nice to use people as guinea pigs.
angry.gif

Whole point of betas.

On my side: I keep getting those Event Nights e-mails. They just rub it in. I emailed back with my issue, but they're all automatic emails. I PM'ed a "Community Leader" on playstation eu community boards. Maybe he'll help.

To be honest I don't think I resolve this before the Beta ends. :\

Worst thing of all this is that I don't know who turn to with this! There's no "Contact us here if you have questions" or something like that. You have no idea who to ask. I don't think even SCEE does.

I'm 100% sure that was the antispam filter problem. I turned it off and yesterday I got the Socom Confrontation Beta code.

jstevenson

Sailor Stevenson
So, tomorrow at the Gamestop managers show Ted will be demoing a new SP level for the first time publicly. Apparently quite a few press people are going (if my Facebook doesn't lie) which sort of surprises me, but cool.

Don't know if you'll see coverage (assuming so?) - but regardless, you will see screens soon in a cover story, and much more later this month from a couple of press events.

The Resistance 2 CE looks cool. I think I'll import it since it doesn't seem like Europe will be getting the love. I hate having to wait for it to be delivered though. :(

Captain N

I like how the CE will be coming with a regular case for the actual game. I like that a lot more than how it is in some of the other games.

RoboPlato

I'd be in the dick
Nooreo said:
How do i get in the beta?
The private beta is going on now and it's invite only. The best way to get into the public beta is to preorder (I think it has to be at Gamestop) since that will get you the earliest access and it doesn't matter if you preorder the CE or not. The next fastest way is to be a Qore subscriber, followed by people who bought a specific Qore episode, I believe 3, and then after those people got in there will be a signup. In short, there are a ton of ways to get in.

DrPirate

Banned
jstevenson said:
So, tomorrow at the Gamestop managers show Ted will be demoing a new SP level for the first time publicly. Apparently quite a few press people are going (if my Facebook doesn't lie) which sort of surprises me, but cool.

Don't know if you'll see coverage (assuming so?) - but regardless, you will see screens soon in a cover story, and much more later this month from a couple of press events.

Oh snap! Can't wait.

R1 being one of my favorite fps's I've played in a while (setting, protagonist, parallel timeline concept just clicked with me) I can't wait to see what's up tomorrow.

My biggest hope: New boss battle. I think that's what will set R2 apart from the other shooters, giant epic boss battles.

jstevenson said:

I hope we get footage of whatever Ted shows off.

Hype + 1

thuway

jstevenson said:

YES. Monday confirmed?

Snipes424

jstevenson said:

Sounds good

I was watching some videos on the net, and I really like the changes they've made so far by slowing the gameplay down, adding a battle rifle, and allowing only two weapons at a time.

Sounds like it will play similarly to Halo 3 now, which is a good thing IMHO.

Top Bottom