• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

RESISTANCE 2 - Hype Thread w/latest info

JB1981

Private Hoffman said:
Hmm, I dunno, I never noticed fire in any of the vids I've seen.
well more like the air fuel grenade fire/smoke and the fire from exploding cars

i can't wait to see orlick with a locked down framerte - it's a very good looking map but the framerate is currently very unoptimized

Ploid 3.0

I want more resistance news and updated screens or new screens of all the effects in place. The wait for november 4th is killing me.

JB1981 said:
well more like the air fuel grenade fire/smoke and the fire from exploding cars

i can't wait to see orlick with a locked down framerte - it's a very good looking map but the framerate is currently very unoptimized

All of the videos I've seen of that map have been youtube quality. How does it look like in proper HD? Is the lighting great?

jstevenson

Sailor Stevenson
MoonsaultSlayer said:
So I pre-ordered the special edition of R2... I didn't get anything noting I'd be in the beta... what gives?

Gamestop stores should have a voucher that they give you, stores should have them soon if they don't already.

Tiduz

Eurogaime
i read the beta is delayed to october, is this if you have a year qore sub? or is it late september for qore sub?

jstevenson said:
Gamestop stores should have a voucher that they give you, stores should have them soon if they don't already.
Gamestop didn't get any in yet. We got the Kratos LPB pre-order and the Motorstorm demo. I'll give an update if we got the R2 beta key's in.

Resistance 2 pre-orders have been increasing a lot lately pretty sure once the beta keys come in there's going to be a ton.

I'm hyped as hell going to be the second limited edition PS3 game I buy, first being MGS4.

Arsenic

Strider2K99 said:
I'm so hyped for this game. Loved the campaign in the first, played a bit of the multiplayer, but in the end, I couldn't get good at it. I hope to give it a second try with Resistance 2.

That CE looks freaking great.

Any pictures yet of normal NA boxart?
im in line here. I loved the SP part of the game, but multiplayer i just couldnt get into :(. it was mostly because i sucked, my reaction was terrible. then playing with some gaffers made me realize how far my skills has to go.

but i hear R2 is slowed down a bit. hopefully not too much to dissatisfy the vets.

Arsenic said:
im in line here. I loved the SP part of the game, but multiplayer i just couldnt get into :(. it was mostly because i sucked, my reaction was terrible. then playing with some gaffers made me realize how far my skills has to go.

but i hear R2 is slowed down a bit. hopefully not too much to dissatisfy the vets.

The problem with R2's multiplayer is that it was too chaotic with so many players, and far too fast for a console shooter.

They've addressed my biggest qualms by: (1) slowing it down (2) controlling the chaos with rival squads and objectives (3) made it so that you can only carry two weapons (4) added my favorite Halo 3 weapon, the battle rifle! Nothing is more satisfying than having to press, rather than hold down, the button to shoot and aim at your target. That last shot when you get the kill is so satisfying!

The co-op looks really fun too...it's not tacked on like most co-op....it seems like it really is a challenge and you have to work together in teams or you will get completely destroyed.

I feel Insomniac is really holding back on what they're showing us. I bet we'll be in for a huge treat when this releases.

DeadGzuz

Banned
I pre-ordered the LE, but got no voucher. I guess I'll check back once people here start talking about them going out. BTW This is my first SE version of a game ever.

It comes out days before my wife and daughters B-day, but I get the real gift!

jstevenson

Sailor Stevenson
Scattered reports on MyRes about Gamestop pre-order codes arriving at stores.

You may want to check with your local store if you're interested in joining us during the public beta.

oompa

Yeah I just had a code e-mailed to me today and never even knew the pre-order came with a beta invite so it was a nice surprise :D

Kittonwy

Banned
Wherez teh gamestop show coverage?
angry.gif

RoboPlato

I'd be in the dick
Kittonwy said:
Wherez teh gamestop show coverage?
angry.gif
I doubt we'll see anything from it. I've never heard much from the show other than a couple scattered posts on message boards. This way Gamestop managers can actually know something more than us instead of just pretending they do.

Snipes424

Lonesome_Raod said:
So what excuse is there for Europe getting gipped out of the LE then?

I think it was a localization problem? SCEE would be in charge of the LE and they would have to print everything in a lot of different languages, which might not be cost effective.

That is the only reason I can think of, but I could be wrong.

But I do think that the LE should at least come out in the UK, They really wouldn't have to change anything.

Acid08

Banned
jstevenson said:
Do you guys know how limited the LE is going to be? Too many LE's are readily available like Halo 3, GTA4, and Assassins Cree. Just would be nice to know we're actually getting something limited :p

Kittonwy

Banned
RoboPlato said:
I doubt we'll see anything from it. I've never heard much from the show other than a couple scattered posts on message boards. This way Gamestop managers can actually know something more than us instead of just pretending they do.

Ted is showing a new level at the show.

womfalcs3

Banned
Listening to the latest Full Moon Show right now. The night-time MP Chicago map sounds awesome. From underground to rooftops. I wish I was in the beta just so I could get a taste of this map.

5.5 in. for the Hybrid action figure height sounds good. Just fortifies my pre-order of the CE.

DeadGzuz

Banned
oompa said:
Yeah I just had a code e-mailed to me today and never even knew the pre-order came with a beta invite so it was a nice surprise :D

Gamestop will e-mail you something other than ads? Cool.

RoboPlato

I'd be in the dick
Kittonwy said:
Ted is showing a new level at the show.
I know they're showing it but I don't think there are any media outlets covering the show. New stuff has been shown at previous shows but generally only a couple of people there report a few snippets.

Went to preorder at my local Gamestop today in Roswell, Georgia. They didn't have the beta codes yet, and they didn't know that a collector's edition existed.

Kagari

Crystal Bearer
Pai Pai Master said:
Went to preorder at my local Gamestop today in Roswell, Georgia. They didn't have the beta codes yet, and they didn't know that a collector's edition existed.

A failure is them.

Baha

I just beat resistance today and am looking forward to R2. Have insomniac mentioned anything regarding storytelling for the sequel, will it be similar (mix of history channel/ken burns) or will it be more cinematic?

RoboPlato

I'd be in the dick
Baha said:
I just beat resistance today and am looking forward to R2. Have insomniac mentioned anything regarding storytelling for the sequel, will it be similar (mix of history channel/ken burns) or will it be more cinematic?
All signs point to much more cinematic.

didn't see this posted, but gamestop sent out the pre-order codes, you can't download it yet, but this puts you in the "system" for the beta

Thank you for pre-ordering Resistance 2™ and for signing up for the Resistance 2™ Beta!

You are now guaranteed Premier access to the Resistance 2™ Beta, which means you can play during the entire Public Beta period! Watch your PLAYSTATION®Network e-mail Inbox for further instructions as you will receive an e-mail that includes step-by-step instructions on how to download the Resistance 2™ Beta code and how to get started playing both the co-op and competitive multiplayer gameplay features of Resistance 2™.

Important Note: This e-mail will also include the Promotional Code that will allow you to download the Resistance 2™ Beta code from the PLAYSTATION®Network Store.

Again, thank you for your support and we look forward to seeing you online in the Resistance 2™ Public Beta!

~Devil Trigger~

In favor of setting Muslim women on fire
MrTroubleMaker said:
didn't see this posted, but gamestop sent out the pre-order codes, you can't download it yet, but this puts you in the "system" for the beta

pre-order from website or on site?

cuz i might go during lunch

~Devil Trigger~

In favor of setting Muslim women on fire
MrTroubleMaker said:

so when you do it on the website, you can pick it up in any gamestop location? or does ask you where you wanna pick up? or they gonna send it to you?

..yes obviously i've never pre-ordered on the interweb

~Devil Trigger~ said:
so when you do it on the website, you can pick it up in any gamestop location? or does ask you where you wanna pick up? or they gonna send it to you?

..yes obviously i've never pre-ordered on the interweb
When you order it from the website, they will send it to you.

kaching

"GAF's biggest wanker"
Bearillusion said:
I'm a little bit concerned about the framerate after the issues I heard about with QFB. I hope they lock it.
QFB was a title they worked on for a much shorter period of time and the type of game where framerate doesn't matter as much to the kind of player that it would appeal to. It's hardly a good measure of what to expect from R2. I would expect stable framerate is a much higher priority on the R2 list than it was on the QFB list.

Top Bottom