• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

RESISTANCE 2 - Hype Thread w/latest info

M3Freak

Banned
Kittonwy said:
It's not nice to use people as guinea pigs.
angry.gif

Have to agree with this one. :)

Still, the fact they've listened is good, but the proof is in the pudding. So, give all the private beta invitees a free pass into the 2nd stage of the beta!! We deserve it - after all, we've helped improve the game.

M3Freak

Banned
Private Hoffman said:
The problem with R2's multiplayer is that it was too chaotic with so many players, and far too fast for a console shooter.

They've addressed my biggest qualms by: (1) slowing it down (2) controlling the chaos with rival squads and objectives (3) made it so that you can only carry two weapons (4) added my favorite Halo 3 weapon, the battle rifle! Nothing is more satisfying than having to press, rather than hold down, the button to shoot and aim at your target. That last shot when you get the kill is so satisfying!

You're on crack.

andycapps

thuway said:
Oh trust me, I've been bugging her on AIM to try and get some information out of her boss. :lol I'm one step ahead.

Ah ok, hopefully she can find something out. I personally don't expect anything out of this conference, then again, I don't expect anything out of any conferences. Seen too many shattered expectations after various gaming conventions and people expecting too much.

M3Freak

Banned
I was 95% into the "no LE for me" camp, but today I'm down to 50%. I'm starting to like the idea of having a Chimera perched on my desk.

Kittonwy, do the EB's up here have the beta code shit or what? I think you said you pre-ordered already.

Nizz

kaching said:
QFB was a title they worked on for a much shorter period of time and the type of game where framerate doesn't matter as much to the kind of player that it would appeal to. It's hardly a good measure of what to expect from R2. I would expect stable framerate is a much higher priority on the R2 list than it was on the QFB list.
I'm sure that'll be taken care of the closer it gets to release. The first Resistance ran at a solid 30 frames, and I'm sure the same will be true of R2...

____

Pai Pai Master said:
Went to preorder at my local Gamestop today in Roswell, Georgia. They didn't have the beta codes yet, and they didn't know that a collector's edition existed.

Seriously, do they EVER?

I've informed MORE gs employees of LE's of games than I'd have liked to.

It's actually embarrassing on their behalves.

Ploid 3.0

kaching said:
QFB was a title they worked on for a much shorter period of time and the type of game where framerate doesn't matter as much to the kind of player that it would appeal to. It's hardly a good measure of what to expect from R2. I would expect stable framerate is a much higher priority on the R2 list than it was on the QFB list.

Also R2 is 30 fps, and R1 had virtually no framerate drops at all. Well unless you used a flashlight at some corner of a wall I hear.

DeadGzuz

Banned
Bearillusion said:
I'm a little bit concerned about the framerate after the issues I heard about with QFB. I hope they lock it.

R&C are 60fps games, so they drop from 60 to 30fps. R1/2 are 30fps games and Insomniac has a great record of delivering. Don't take every bit of BS you read on the internets as gospel.

andycapps

jstevenson said:
I feel like the guy who has the fallout shelter stocked with food...

Watched 28 Weeks Later last night and for some reason, I'm picturing you being the guy with the gun fighting off the zombies/sick. :lol :lol

Septimus

Man, the EB Games Canadian website doesn't even do online preorders and when I went into the store where my preorder is, they didn't know anything about a beta.

Going to preorder the CE just for the Chimera figure, everything else included is a bonus.

Oh JS, if you're handing out beta's hit me up. :)

slider

BobTheFork said:
Can't you see that this beta code guessing game is tearing us apart!!!

:lol

I've given up on the Beta. I'm just psyched for when it comes out (not too long to go!). Insomniac don't need me sticking my opinionated oar in.

I preordered the game from Amazon.ca, but I don't get into any beta. Far as I know, there is no Gamestop in Canada so I'm SOL for getting into the beta. :(

Baha

ScrabbleBanshee said:
I preordered the game from Amazon.ca, but I don't get into any beta. Far as I know, there is no Gamestop in Canada so I'm SOL for getting into the beta. :(

EB Games is Gamestop in Canada, see if there's one in your area.

Baha said:
EB Games is Gamestop in Canada, see if there's one in your area.

Oh well... live in downtown Toronto so those are everywhere, there is one that is a 3 minute walk from my place. Problem is my cost for the game through Amazon was a full $20 cheaper than a pre-order at EBGames Canada was going to be.

EBGames is a terrible place to do your game shopping here.

icechai

so private beta is going on now with e-mails sent out, wonder when they're going to do public beta

*err just checked resistance forums: "...PUBLIC BETA. Which will begin in Late September. This beta is closed and private and is for early feedback and testing purposes."

GrayFoxPL

Still getting those fucking event reminders. "Community Leader" on eu playstation forums doesn't seem like one. Didn't even bother to reply. SCEE with their: "We will contact you" can go fuck themselves too.

:((((

Tr4nce

I signed up for the R2 beta, but since I'm from PAL land, I'll be honest and say that I'm almost sure I won't make it into the Beta. Oh well. At least I did my best.

Tr4nce said:
I signed up for the R2 beta, but since I'm from PAL land, I'll be honest and say that I'm almost sure I won't make it into the Beta. Oh well. At least I did my best.

I did as well but being in Australia will probably count me out. Worth trying though.

wotter

Tr4nce said:

²
Plz plz plz

-viper-

Banned
Tr4nce said:
x2

jstevenson, please accept me in the beta. I have already preordered Resistance 2 in the UK... :[

Septimus

Ahh what is going on? When I went to the apply page it's telling me to make sure I enter a valid email and I keep putting in my normal one and it doesn't accept it. The same one I've been using for all things Playstation related for years.

Top Bottom