• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

RESISTANCE 2 - Hype Thread w/latest info

EktorPR

Has there been any word on the (orchestral?) soundtrack? I'm really interested in hearing more about this...I know one of my main complaints regarding the first one was the absence of a bombastic, memorable score.

Im loving the battle rifle (marksman) weapon.

I watched some multiplayer videos and thought it looked a bit too fast, but I'll maybe judge better once I get my hands on the Co-Op.

thuway

Private Hoffman said:
Im loving the battle rifle (marksman) weapon.

I watched some multiplayer videos and thought it looked a bit too fast, but I'll maybe judge better once I get my hands on the Co-Op.
You know I thought the single player looked a little too slow. I wanted it to be sped up atleast 25%.

GrayFoxPL

I'm watching the singleplayer walkthrough on gametrailers right now and I'm blown off!

WOW. That forest, lightning, water and Predator like enemies. WIN, WIN, WIN, WIN, WIN, FUCKING WIN.

Other PS3 developers will so hate you Insomaniac for Resistance 2. :D

That fucking forest - how did you do it?

honestly, i'm not sure if we can say that KZ2 looks better than R2 anymore...

I think KZ2 probably has better post processing effects and artistic effects, but Resistance 2's scale is something I've never seen before in a game.

I'm glad they're taking two different artistic approaches so they stand out on their own.

Private Hoffman said:
honestly, i'm not sure if we can say that KZ2 looks better than R2 anymore...

I think KZ2 probably has better post processing effects and artistic effects, but Resistance 2's scale is something I've never seen before in a game.

I'm glad they're taking two different artistic approaches so they stand out on their own.

I think in many ways KZ2 is more impressive, but R2 takes so far in scale and variation...KZ2 has more detail and incredible effects

the forest really impressed me also, outside of uncharted and crysis, and perhaps far cry 2, its the best representation Ive seen

Billen

Banned
Haven't checked the forest videos, and I am unable to do it at the moment. The Crysis comparison above made me wonder; does foliage move when you pass through it in Resistance 2?

slider

Billen said:
Haven't checked the forest videos, and I am unable to do it at the moment. The Crysis comparison above made me wonder; does foliage move when you pass through it in Resistance 2?

Ignore the Crysis comparison. No good can come of it. I haven't watched these in HD yet but I can say with 100% certainty it looks amazing. Again, forget Crysis cos this sucker will stand on it's own two legs.

Bravo Insomniac.

thuway

Billen said:
No. But everything else looks amazing.

FirewalkR

Billen said:

That's basically the only thing they didn't, probably because they were already shaming other developers too much.

Sean

Banned
The forest area looks really good, I just wish some firefights took place there instead of simply walking through it. (Well there was like two or three invisible enemies (chameleons?) but those are kinda lame, would've been cooler to have a huge battle in a lush forest.)

thuway

Sean said:
The forest area looks really good, I just wish some firefights took place there instead of simply walking through it. (Well there was like two or three invisible enemies (chameleons?) but those are kinda lame, would've been cooler to have a huge battle in a lush forest.)
Whose to say thats not going to happen?

FightyF

Banned
dralla said:
the gibs remind of Q3 gibs

dox8x3.gif

GIBS!!!

fizzelopeguss said:
The explosions still blow, it's the only thing that lets the game down visually.

Stuff like that are one of the last things you work on in a game.

Gonna watch the vid now...

JimiNutz

Banned
This is the first footage I've seen of the game that has truly impressed me. Bravo Insomniac the game looks much improved in almost every way and should be a blast to play. The first Resistance was great and this really looks like a much improved sequel.

Graphically it looks beautiful now and the environments look nice and open. Also really like the addition of gore, and the weapons looks as fun as ever.
It's a shame this game is coming out so close to Gears again and the two will no doubt be compared once again. I say it's a shame not because one is obviously better than the other, but because they are quite different games. I always thought that Resistance is much better compared to a game like Halo and believed that Resistance was Sony's answer to the Halo franchise.

AKS

NutJobJim said:
It's a shame this game is coming out so close to Gears again and the two will no doubt be compared once again. I say it's a shame not because one is obviously better than the other, but because they are quite different games. I always thought that Resistance is much better compared to a game like Halo and believed that Resistance was Sony's answer to the Halo franchise.

Definitely. I think Halo is the best choice for a comparison.

jmd494

James, will this game have splitscreen? If so, in what modes?

- Splitscreen single player?
- Splitscreen local competitve?
- Splitscreen online co-op?
- Splitscreen online competitive?

The one I'm most worried about is split-screen single player?

Dizzan

MINI Member
Justin Dailey said:

I had some fun nights with my mates playing 4 player ss R1 competitive on a 51cm sdtv. :lol Good times.

iceatcs said:
Very big but it is worth, My last one for today.
resistance2_gp_goliath_gt.gif

The most irresponsible wreckless military vehicle I have seen since the Killzone dropships! Have they ever heard of harnesses! Our tax payer dollars are paying for that fucking death machine for our dear airmen?! Fucking appalled!

Otherwise it looks amazing

TEH-CJ

Banned
Just wanted to drop in to say congrats to insomniac for delivering yet again and blowing the competition away. Game looks amazing

PuppetMaster said:
The most irresponsible wreckless military vehicle I have seen since the Killzone dropships! Have they ever heard of harnesses! Our tax payer dollars are paying for that fucking death machine for our dear airmen?! Fucking appalled!

Otherwise it looks amazing

true enough heheh

Snipes424

After watching all the new videos out there I can't really say anything negative about the game, it's shaping up to be a master piece I think.

kamorra

Fuck Cancer
Justin Dailey said:

I also want to know this.

sankt-Antonio

:^)--?-<
only thing that bugs me is that the shields edges look to sterile - there should be a little effect where they touch the ground or objekts ... now it looks like a simple see-tru bitmap witch gets cut by the games objekts... and not like an hightech-shield

something like this (you get the idea...)

-viper-

Banned
The single player looks phenomenal. Multiplayer looks nice and smooth, although it looks a bit drab without any shadows or particle effects.

I don't really like the shield. I preferred the R1 shields. I also thinks the physics could be improved. I hope there is some interactivity with the surroundings.

jstevenson said:
Our QA guy who played for all the footage also knows where they're coming from.

The number of people that died to their claws while playing illustrates that they always aren't right in front of you.
Thanks! That's great to know.

antiloop

The invisible monster reminds me about Spectres in Doom. One of the best enemies ever. ;)

It felt so rewarding killing them with a shotgun.

FirewalkR

I guess when you guys complain about the explosions, it's about the "flash" in itself, not the smoke it generates sometimes. Regarding the flash, I also don't like it in KZ2, although it's different.

I forgot to mention something before, I was also impressed by the new character models, easily Uncharted level imho, at least some of the main ones, like the officer ordering Hale around in the 1st mission.

On a whole it's looking beyond what I was expecting. Now I just hope that the story is on par with the tech. The first game was better in the second half ended when it was getting really really interesting. Though with the polish I see everywhere (jesus GAWD I just understood the polish flag posts lol i'm so dumb) I believe the game will be truly a complete package. It's amazing what Insomniac can do year after year after year. I don't think there's another dev team in the world with this kind of productivity and production quality.

Ricker

Currently playing through the first,i waited till it became a greatest hits because it was still 69 bucks over here and now i got a used GH for 19 and it's pretty good...seeing the new video's,the game looks 10 times better,wow,did you guys see that "Goliath" video,it looks awesome and fun...can't wait.

It just struck me that Nathan and a lot of other R2 characters are wearing what looks be be Bluetooth head sets.

This in a game that takes place in 1953!

110kgn6.jpg

What Nathan is supposed to have is something like this fucking WW2 field radio strapped to the side of his head.

514radio.jpg

Suspension of disbelief shattered!

h3ro

PuppetMaster said:
It just struck me that Nathan and a lot of other R2 characters are wearing what looks be be Bluetooth head sets.

110kgn6.jpg

What Nathan is supposed to have is something like this fucking WW2 field radio strapped to the side of his head.

514radio.jpg

I thought the same thing last week when first trailer was released...

h3ro 9-18-07 said:
I'm assuming that the Bluetooth headsets are derived from Chimeran technology... :p

Chris_C

PuppetMaster said:

The bluetooth headsets bother you but the GIANT GLOWING ENERGY SHIELDS don't?

The biggest difference I've noted between R2 and Killzone2 is that the explosions linger far longer in Killzone2.

In R2 the explosions pretty much appear and vanish seconds later whereas in Killzone2 you have wisps of smoke that stick around.

Both games look fantastic, I dont know how I'm going to find time for both.

PuppetMaster said:

110kgn6.jpg

514radio.jpg

It was my understanding that the americans where reverse engineering some of the Chimerian tech, no?

Top Bottom