• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

RESISTANCE 2 - Hype Thread w/latest info

Game is looking good! Haven't completed R1 just yet, but I will before R2 hits. Only hit I have with the game, is the fx, namely the explosions. They look so bland, shapeless, and low-rez. Hopefully it's just placeholder, and not final assets.

Fersis

It is illegal to Tag Fish in Tag Fishing Sanctuaries by law 38.36 of the GAF Wildlife Act
Rikyfree said:
Oh, I know they're talented. I can't think of any other studio that pumps out titles every year with AAA quality. I just think KZ 2 appeals more to my tastes, but when it comes to development studio powerhouses, Insomniac is in a league of their own in my book.

Im really late to the Insomniac party.
I only played R:FOM and R&C: TOD for the PS3, in fact i bought both like one month ago.:D , and pretty much because the R&D section of their site.
(Plus Ted Price ,Bryan and JStevenson are really cool)

R:FOM was an amazing launch title, is hard to make an epic game without knowing the hardware ,then next year they release R&C: TOD ... AMAZING ,is still one of the best games i ever played, the ammount of stuff happening on screen,the art style ,i fall in love with their games.

And im amazed by R2 ,their production pipeline is second to none, every studio needs like 2 to 3 years to make 1 AAA game, and Insomniac released 3 AAA in less than 3 years.
Is amazing ,unheard of.

I would love if JStevenson can tell to the guys who run the R&D section if they can make a presentation about Insomniac production line . (I understand if they dont want since its his secret awesomesauce)

Sorry for my english.

EDIT: After a couple of minutes of having posted this , i feel really nerdy for being amazed by a production line :S

SaitoH

Very impressed with the Goliath video, particularily when its foot catches and pulls the barb wire fence.

Question: Is R2 going to have splitscreen co-op? I haven't seen any videos, or screenshots showing it yet.

dralla

the gibs remind of Q3 gibs

dox8x3.gif

jmd494

thuway said:
We need more commotion in here! So GAF, general consensus on tech, this or Gears of War? :D
I don't know...from a tech standpoint maybe R2...but from a visual shock and awe perspective, definitely Gears 2.

Ploid 3.0

Kagari said:
Thank you, js, for allowing me easy access into the open beta.

lol, yea that LBP thing was a ratrace. But I'm still not in resistance beta because of slow snail mail vs day 1 store (lolwalmart) pickup.

DrPirate

Banned
Union Carbine said:
Why did those invisible guys in the forest always run directly at the player from the front?

I was wondering this myself but figured this is the first time you encounter them so they go easy on you. I'm sure down the line they'll pop out of windows or whatnot, they said they'll be in all types of environments, not just the forest.

Trevelyan

Banned
Union Carbine said:
Why did those invisible guys in the forest always run directly at the player from the front?
I'd imagine since they're 1-hit kills. probably wouldnt be fun to have one run up behind you and insta-kill you time after time. :lol

jaydogg691

Just saw some of the recently posted videos on IGN and all I can say is WOW!. I recently played R1 co-op with my cousin and it's amazing seeing all massive improvements over R1. My hype-meter for this game has gone off the charts. I can't wait for the open Beta or hopefully it will be at E for All. I really want to get my hands on this game.

Kittonwy

Banned
Union Carbine said:

They're not really attacking you from the front but rather you're turning to face them as they run towards you. It's like asking why enemies are always in front of the player in a first person shooter, that's because the player always tries to turn and face the direction of the enemies.

Enojado

thuway said:
I really hope there's a ton of shit we haven't seen. Jstevenson can you confirm :D?

Yeah, I wonder what else Insomniac has up its sleeves. We know they haven't announced all of the levels. I wonder how many enemy types we haven't seen and how many surprise weapons remains to be seen.

I'm personally hoping they have some type of unlockable content a la Uncharted. In Uncharted you could unlock certain filters, costumes, etc. Imagine playing against Chimera with different ridiculous costumes. I think that would be sweet.

Kittonwy said:
They're not really attacking you from the front but rather you're turning to face them as they run towards you. It's like asking why enemies are always in front of the player in a first person shooter, that's because the player always tries to turn and face the direction of the enemies.
Well that's a nice, facile answer but it isn't what I saw. He didn't turn to see them, they ran directly at him from the front. It's not a big deal though. Hopefully, as others have mentioned, their logic is tuned up a bit more later in the game.

jstevenson

Sailor Stevenson
Union Carbine said:
Well that's a nice, facile answer but it isn't what I saw. He didn't turn to see them, they ran directly at him from the front. It's not a big deal though. Hopefully, as others have mentioned, their logic is tuned up a bit more later in the game.

Our QA guy who played for all the footage also knows where they're coming from.

The number of people that died to their claws while playing illustrates that they always aren't right in front of you.

Guled

jstevenson said:
Our QA guy who played for all the footage also knows where they're coming from.

The number of people that died to their claws while playing illustrates that they always aren't right in front of you.
just a quick question, when are you going to release the beta details?

jstevenson

Sailor Stevenson
Guled said:
just a quick question, when are you going to release the beta details?

Which details? We've already announced how to get in, and that it's starting in Early October. :)

Rated-Rsuperstar said:
Do the SP and Coop campaign share all the same enemies? Or do they have any enemies specific to each campaign? Just curious.

Some of the bosses and enemies are specific to SP.

Guled

jstevenson said:
Which details? We've already announced how to get in, and that it's starting in Early October. :)

Some of the bosses and enemies are specific to SP.
I meant the day it was starting. Also one more question, how many MP maps will it ship with and are they scaled for different # of players?

Edit: Also the new media looked awesome. I just hope that this get marketed well

The improvement in color palette, texture, art style and gun model from Resistance 1 is staggering. Really good job, I was so hyped for this since the Game Informer reveal early this year.

I'm glad the health bars are gone. The crosshairs are so much better. Bring on open beta. :D

Nafai1123

Banned
DeathNote said:
wow. it feels like a mix of R&C cg feel and resistance world.

so glad i got a ps3 the other week :D

should i play resistance 1?

Yes, just be warned that it starts slow and continues to pick up steam.

ianp622

DeathNote said:
wow. it feels like a mix of R&C cg feel and resistance world.

so glad i got a ps3 the other week :D

should i play resistance 1?

Yes, and play co-op if you have a friend or sibling willing to play. Alot of the great feelings I had playing Resistance were probably because it was Christmas and I got a launch PS3, but it's a great game nonetheless.

Top Bottom