• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

RESISTANCE 2 - Hype Thread w/latest info

deepbrown

jstevenson said:
I doubt you've seen all the enemies in just Orick... but it's hard to say. :)I haven't spent much time with the beta build.
JS - can you help me. I was given the closed Beta in Europe. Will i just be able to download a patch when the Open beta starts?

mrklaw

MrArseFace
email code doesn't work using the PC playstation store - says code may be invalid - is it something special that needs to be entered on the actual PSN store? Worked ok with my LBP beta code on the PC.

TTP

Have a fun! Enjoy!
mrklaw said:
email code doesn't work using the PC playstation store - says code may be invalid - is it something special that needs to be entered on the actual PSN store? Worked ok with my LBP beta code on the PC.

Are you accessing the pc store with the proper account? I mean, the code is sent to USA accounts. If you access the pc store with the EU one it wont work.

spwolf

Private Hoffman said:
Co-Op FTW

More Saturated Colors FTW

Better UI FTW

Way to go, Insomniac. You've delivered yet another killer app. Co-Op is seriously the greatest thing to come out of this game. So unique, so damn fun. I'm not hugely keen on 60 player multi from the death match I've played, but I need to give the skirmish mode a shot.

Question for jstevenson, are there any other enemies in the co-op portion?

With this, LittleBigPlanet, and Gears 2 coming out in such a short period of time....too much fun, too little time :(

what about lightning? what about those marevolous backgrounds? looks awesome.

Snipes424

Guymelef said:
I want my August Qore money back :( . No beta.

• Beta described:
- Pre-orders (Gamestop) and Full-Year Qore subscribers will gain access early October.
- Qore Episode 3 purchasers a bit after that.

Fersis

It is illegal to Tag Fish in Tag Fishing Sanctuaries by law 38.36 of the GAF Wildlife Act
Well i just played a little at 4AM before leaving to work...my impressions:

The UI
The UI is super slick ,is really fast ,you have a lot of info and its easy to understand, looks like the Insomniac guys put a good effort on the UI and it pays.

The game...
I just played a 'small' team deathmatch of 10.
I havent tried coop yet i played on two chicago levelss ,the subway and the docks...

My only worry with R2 was the speed... but that worry vanished right away , is faster than COD4 and slower than R1 .R1 was way too fast for me, i cant control it :( .
R2 is exactly how i like it :D

The graphics are top notch, the sound is amazing (Guys, really play it with a good audio device) BUT the best feature is this : FUN
Its the most fun FPS i ever played , the weapons are a blast, the feeling when you shoot every weapon is great , you can see easily when you hit a enemy , the XP points text doesnt interfer with the gameplay. and the HUD doesnt interfer too .

Either way i was gonna get R2 as soon as i can ,but the beta make me realize that R2 is gonna have a long life (R1 is still played by a lot of people).

Congratulations to Insominac for their best game to date you should very proud guys.

So... im at work now, hope to see you later guys to play some co-op from what ive read from you co-op is amazing.

Cheers.
EDIT: Removed a lot of ',' i use too many.

deepbrown

ss_preview_res11.jpg.jpg

Facism

this is where i hope those few spare lbp codes i gave to xintin and the like are remembered :p

Glad people seem to be enjoying the co-op. Can you do splitscreen in the beta?

Facism said:
this is where i hope those few spare lbp codes i gave to xintin and the like are remembered :p

You can forget about that on GAF :p I gave away 8 SOCOM Keys and 2 LBP keys to GAF and that got me nothing :p

Actually they even removed my name from the KZ2 keyless list. That's how awesome GAF is sometimes. :lol:

Fersis

It is illegal to Tag Fish in Tag Fishing Sanctuaries by law 38.36 of the GAF Wildlife Act
Metalmurphy said:
You can forget about that on GAF :p I gave away 8 SOCOM Keys and 2 LBP keys to GAF and that got me nothing :p

Actually they even removed my name from the KZ2 keyless list. That's how awesome GAF is sometimes. :lol:
The R2 thread is full of nice people tough.
I dont have an extra code sadly :(

It's pretty hard to get hold of R2 keys though. Heck, even people who should have them don't.

Every gaming site under the sun was giving out socom and LBP keys. I just wish they were giving out R2 keys as well.

Anyway. Can I have key plox? :D

Fersis

BadlyCookedTurkey said:
It's pretty hard to get hold of R2 keys though. Heck, even people who should have them don't.

Every gaming site under the sun was giving out socom and LBP keys. I just wish they were giving out R2 keys as well.

Anyway. Can I have key plox? :D
I think that once the european BETA starts ,a lot of sites are gonna give codes.
Wait a little longer guys !

I want to say one thing to make your wait a little easier :
THE GAME IS AWESOME ,MOST FUN I EVER HAD WITH A FPS ... hope that helps :D

FatalT

Banned
I'm actually impressed. I wasn't much of a fan of Resistance 1 but the cooperative games I played just now were pretty awesome. I just tried a regular deathmatch and I loved the speed of the game. It felt like an old school FPS. The experience system rawks.

Chris_C

I can't say I was overly impressed with the graphics, a lot of things still looked static but there's a great deal of detail and the maps are pretty damn huge and very well designed. It's a good looking game, but it didn't blow me away in this regard.

But... it's just so much fun, every weapon is awesome and useful. Usually when I get a MP game I stick to one weapon set and class because there's little need to swap out and frankly I don't like the hassle of learning each weapons uses. With R2 though there are times when you need crowd control (hello thar Bellock) or long distance sniping (Fareye!) and times when you just want to be sadistic (that magnum with the explosive rounds!). All the weapons are easy to get a feel for and their use is intuitive.

Overall, I hesitate to say best MP I've ever played (new car smell and all that) but it's a damn fun time. I too was worried it'd be to fast and twitchy, but they captured a balance between CoD 4's speed and R1 that's simple bliss.

Highlights:

Being able to spring forever - so awesome
Water physics - just shoot it and you'll see what I mean
Grenades - not over powered, not useless, just right
Crimson giblets
Interface - so damn smooth and responsive, and wealth of info at your fingertips
Stats, XP etc - more addictive than CoD4 in this regard, every bullet that hits gives you XP

Lowlights:

Crough and sprint are on the same button, so there are times when you want to get the heck outta dodge and end up just sitting there to take the pain. Alternatively you might want to crouch and prevent a smaller target but end up wildly charging your foe.

Fire. sucks.

R2's gone from "will pick up eventually" to "gmust get gnow!"

Also, it really should be a demo, it's so damn polished.

EDITED for clarity.

Where do we report bugs and glitches? myresistance.net?

In coop, does friendly fire hurt?

I'm confused about the leveling system. I remember Ted saying the easiest way to level up would be to play all three modes. I inferred that he meant that XP would count across all modes, but when I went from coop to competitive, my XP was at 0. So is there any impact of XP between the modes?

Fersis

Ok, today i will shoot the water :D

Also ,special mention to the UI and the sound .
But really really the best feature is that is a fun game, its gonna be played for years :D

Chris_C

prodystopian said:
I'm confused about the leveling system. I remember Ted saying the easiest way to level up would be to play all three modes. I inferred that he meant that XP would count across all modes, but when I went from coop to competitive, my XP was at 0. So is there any impact of XP between the modes?

I don't believe levelling is active in the beta.

Remy

Chris_C said:
Crouch and sprint are on the same button, so there are times when you want to get the heck outta dodge and end up just sitting there to take the pain. Alternatively you might want to crouch and prevent a smaller target but end up wildly charging your foe.

There's an option in the controls menu to split them to separate buttons. You may want to toggle it.

Fersis

Remy said:
There's an option in the controls menu to split them to separate buttons. You may want to toggle it.
Yeah, thats what i call 'Polish' ,is great little option that can help a lot of people :D
tough i usually dont change the default controls. (Only in games with the inverted Xor Y)

JardeL

Me lives in Turkey , PSN does not accept my credit cards , so no chance for QORE , also no chance to pre-order from US sites , damn ... I want one Mr. stevenson :(

d0g_bear

I've read a lot of good things about the User Interface here, which is a big relief. I have a personal interest in menu systems. R1 had a really crappy menu: big ugly buttons and poor organization.

For anyone interested, there has been some great progress made in the field of menu design this gen: Colin McRae DiRt, Burnout Paradise v1.5, and GT5:p for starters.

xintin

Facism said:

i think my only chance at getting in is thru the sign up website. (didnt preorder ;.;)
i did register twice though so here's hoping xD

cameltoe

Chris_C said:
Lowlights:

Crough and sprint are on the same button, so there are times when you want to get the heck outta dodge and end up just sitting there to take the pain. Alternatively you might want to crouch and prevent a smaller target but end up wildly charging your foe.

EDITED for clarity.

you can change that. It asks you if you want to keep it set that way....select no!

edit: beaten

Ricker

No code for SOCOM and none yet for this...apparently if you got a few episodes of QORE by way of the free codes in the OXM,it doesn't count for these things.

Fersis

d0g_bear said:
I've read a lot of good things about the User Interface here, which is a big relief. I have a personal interest in menu systems. R1 had a really crappy menu: big ugly buttons and poor organization.

For anyone interested, there has been some great progress made in the field of menu design this gen: Colin McRae DiRt, Burnout Paradise v1.5, and GT5:p for starters.
Me too, im interested on 'UI' ,WipEout HD has a good UI too check it out.
R2 UI is really polished ,clear and 'elegant' :D <3

EDIT:I started caring on the 'UI', when i had to code a crossplatform GUI system for my work. Ie: buttons,scrollbars,checkbox,menues,etc,etc.

Somnia

Wow! That's all I have to say. I'm heading out for awhile, but all I want to do is play R2. I knew from the get go I'd play this more than anything else this Christmas, but now when Gears hits 3 days later I may rush through the campaign to go straight back to R2. I don't know what they put in the water there at IG, but my god you guys just keep doing a phenomenal game after another phenomenal game. You guys really are in the top 3 devs in the world no question about it.

Melchiah

Fersis said:
My only worry with R2 was the speed... but that worry vanished right away , is faster than COD4 and slower than R1 .R1 was way too fast for me, i cant control it :( .
R2 is exactly how i like it :D

And that sounds exactly what I would hate. R1's speed was perfect, as far as the campaign was concerned, the online multiplayer side was and is of no interest to me.

Top Bottom