• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

RESISTANCE 2 - Hype Thread w/latest info

Fersis

It is illegal to Tag Fish in Tag Fishing Sanctuaries by law 38.36 of the GAF Wildlife Act
Sooo.. sharing the BETA is allowed ?

Chris_C

prodystopian said:
There is definitely some form of leveling, because I got to level 2 in both coop and competitive (but the points did not count across the game types).

You're right.

Both the co-op and competitive multiplayer modes will let players progress up to level 10. Players will also be able to unlock upgrades and berserks as they level up.

Goldrusher said:
I don't see a NeoGAF game now ?
Ahh sorry. I was testing out the Competitive mode. Boy I suck it at :lol I'm okish at Deathmatch but Team deathmatch I don't last a second.

I'll make another one for Cooperative in 5 mins.

Fersis

It is illegal to Tag Fish in Tag Fishing Sanctuaries by law 38.36 of the GAF Wildlife Act
Rapping Granny said:
Who wants to share with me? I has Wipeout.
Once JStevenson tells that is ok to share the BETA i have no problem.

btkadams

yay i went to bed because i hadnt got my email and woke up to it. (qore subscriber)

downloading now. its not going too slow for a 2 gb download. 20% in 15 minutes or so.

BeEatNU

WORLDSTAAAAAAR
Wollan said:
Finally got my Qore code just now. :lol

They sent it to my european account e-mail though, like, wtf.

Aren't you based in the Euro though?

Also, wasn't that your main account? :lol

kaching

"GAF's biggest wanker"
deepbrown said:
Uh. right...but I could patch it...
The filesize is it at least 500-600 MB more than the closed beta. There'd probably be a lot to patch, and it ain't happening anyway.

jmonteiro

Freedom = $1.05 said:
So, any decent guides for a R2 Beta newb? I've played a healthy amount of R1 but this feels a bit overwhelming...

I need noob tips too. I was 29/40 on my team after 10 rounds. WTF? I admit I suck at this game. How can someone have 176 kills while I have only 28?

This game is freaking amazing.

Fersis

jmonteiro said:
I need noob tips too. I was 29/40 on my team after 10 rounds. WTF? I admit I suck at this game. How can someone have 176 kills while I have only 28?

This game is freaking amazing.
Probably someone who played a lotf R1 and/or R2 private beta

Today is a sad day to gaming. LBP is delayed

Shadow780

kaching said:
Yeah, I tried offline co-op. Seemed fine for me. What wouldn't fully display?

I don't know why, but it looks like this (with the edges blacked out):

2114ahk.jpg

I've checked the display setting and it's set to "Full", if I zoom portion of the graphics will be lost.

I am so loving being a medic. Last second saves from across 20-30 meters. Ring of Life berserk at the right time.

It really is like playing an instance/raid in WoW. In every good way. :D

andycapps

xero273 said:
oops, I lost it for the team. Sorry.

So for a noob what class would be the best to use?

I'd say Heavy.

I just downloaded the public beta last night (was in the private beta before), but didn't get a chance to play. Should be on throughout the weekend, add me on PSN. PSN is andycapps.

Enojado

Anyone else finding the default controls frustrating. I played a bit last night and for some reason just couldn't handle having the melee attack on the right analog stick. So, thankfully there is an option to completely customize the controls.

Anybody else do custom controls and care to share how they mapped them out? Just curious to see what others have done.

Also, I'd be down for some coop or whatever. I don't pretend to be all that good, but I have a bt headset and I love online coop when it works - ie, when people actually communicate. PSN and AIM are in my profile if anyone needs to get a hold of me for a game.

xero273

andycapps said:
I'd say Heavy.

I just downloaded the public beta last night (was in the private beta before), but didn't get a chance to play. Should be on throughout the weekend, add me on PSN. PSN is andycapps.

Heavy? That's the soldier, correct?

Tiduz

Eurogaime
just played with a good team, was FUN, i was medic.

played a game earlier today with metalmurphy, was kinda fun but the one dude that gives out the ammo didnt give me any ammo at all so i was just sitting there -.-

andycapps

xero273 said:
Heavy? That's the soldier, correct?

Sorry, used TF2 terms, I'm too used to that. Yes. :D

Regarding this being the best co-op game. On consoles, by far. TF2 is probably still my choice for pure addiction to co-op.

Enojado said:
Anyone else finding the default controls frustrating. I played a bit last night and for some reason just couldn't handle having the melee attack on the right analog stick. So, thankfully there is an option to completely customize the controls.

Anybody else do custom controls and care to share how they mapped them out? Just curious to see what others have done.

Also, I'd be down for some coop or whatever. I don't pretend to be all that good, but I have a bt headset and I love online coop when it works - ie, when people actually communicate. PSN and AIM are in my profile if anyone needs to get a hold of me for a game.
I'm going to map them to mirror the CoD 4 control scheme. I fell in love with that control scheme, really...

jstevenson

Sailor Stevenson
prodystopian said:
Where do we report bugs and glitches? myresistance.net?

In coop, does friendly fire hurt?

I'm confused about the leveling system. I remember Ted saying the easiest way to level up would be to play all three modes. I inferred that he meant that XP would count across all modes, but when I went from coop to competitive, my XP was at 0. So is there any impact of XP between the modes?

Your overall Resistance rank goes up based on XP you gain in all three modes. So XP earned for your Medic goes towards your Medic, and also your Resistance rank.

I've got Sprint on L2, Zoom on L1, Fire on R1, Alt-Fire on R2, Crouch on Down, Push-to-Talk on L3, Reload on R3, Melee on Square, Weapons on Triangle, Grenade on Circle on Jump on X. I like it a lot.

dork

Banned
Well i'm installing my beta now, I fixed my broken hdd. Now games freeze when I try and load them up. So i'm assuming the disc tray is broken again. SO i may be able to play this beta seeing how I dont need a disc

THat being said if it works i will host some games

Top Bottom