• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

RESISTANCE 2 - Hype Thread w/latest info

Fersis

It is illegal to Tag Fish in Tag Fishing Sanctuaries by law 38.36 of the GAF Wildlife Act
Melchiah said:
And that sounds exactly what I would hate. R1's speed was perfect, as far as the campaign was concerned, the online multiplayer side was and is of no interest to me.
I only played the competitive online mode, i dont know about the campaing mode, what i do know is that this game rocks (And rocks hard)

cameltoe

yeah, I played for a bit last night. Chicago and Orick....it was intense to say the least!

Whats the deal with the water? You shoot it, it ripples and looks awesome. But yet when running through it doest move at all....no splashes, ripples, nothing..

Fersis

It is illegal to Tag Fish in Tag Fishing Sanctuaries by law 38.36 of the GAF Wildlife Act
Im seriously thinking on sneak from my job to play some R2 BETA :D

Tiduz

Eurogaime
anyone else have this? just played my first 2 co op games (failed miserably) and after the game finished i get network error, after that i get DNS error and cant sign into psn anymore untill i reboot

I played a couple of games of co-op last night. It's good fun but the enemies felt pretty brainless.

Also, I swear a few times I got hit (and killed once) by projectiles flying through the geometry.

A few of the choke-points in the level felt cramped with four or five players. I can't imagine how they'll feel with eight.

Still, it was fun, smooth, and pretty.

kaching

"GAF's biggest wanker"
Good God, I know people are just playing R2 for the first time but I'm assuming they can't be complete FPS multiplayer noobs to have been interested in this beta. SO WHY ARE YOU ALL UNFAMILIAR WITH THE CONCEPT OF AVOIDING FRIENDLY FIRE??

I can't count the number of times someone nonchallantly walked into my line of fire and then *I* get chastised for it with those canned voiceovers.

kaching said:
I can't count the number of times someone nonchallantly walked into my line of fire and then *I* get chastised for it with those canned voiceovers.
That happened to me quite a bit.

I had taken up a position to one side of one of a soldier who was laying down a shield and suppressing fire. I was a spec-op. The other spec-op kept running in front of me and, consequently, getting shot. I don't know why he kept moving into me either since we had two soldiers forming a shield wall and I was keeping to one side. He had the whole other side to maneuver.

Chris_C

d0g_bear said:
I've read a lot of good things about the User Interface here, which is a big relief. I have a personal interest in menu systems. R1 had a really crappy menu: big ugly buttons and poor organization.

For anyone interested, there has been some great progress made in the field of menu design this gen: Colin McRae DiRt, Burnout Paradise v1.5, and GT5:p for starters.

I don't believe it's as "slick" as Burnout's, but it's very well laid out and responsive. It definitely feels like a smoother experience than R1.

Melchiah said:
And that sounds exactly what I would hate. R1's speed was perfect, as far as the campaign was concerned, the online multiplayer side was and is of no interest to me.

R1's speed was managable for me in campaign, but in multiplayer it was just too quick. I can't speak to what R2's campaign gameplay speed is, but the co-op/multiplayer is perfect.

cameltoe said:
Whats the deal with the water? You shoot it, it ripples and looks awesome. But yet when running through it doest move at all....no splashes, ripples, nothing..

That is weird.

Fersis

ItAintEasyBeinCheesy said:
Why does it keep freezing, whenever i go into the game it freezes at the screen with Hale holding the gun infront of the buildings that are on fire.
Sounds like a server side issue.
Online games generally freeze when they cant get a good connection to the server...

FirewalkR

DKo5 said:
Is it ok to post videos?

I recorded some HD offscreen footage (using a tripod - so, shakeycam without the shaking) but wondering if its uncool due to the beta'ness.

If so, would anyone even care about seeing some random FFA on the 'Frisco map? Takes a ton of time to reencode + upload these types of clips.

So anyway, what are the good people at IW thinking of R2? :D

ItAintEasyBeinCheesy

it's 4th of July in my asshole
Fersis said:
Sounds like a server side issue.
Online games generally freeze when they cant get a good connection to the server...

Dont think so, it doesnt take me into a lobby or anything or even let me choose what i want to do like co-op or multi.

Fersis

ItAintEasyBeinCheesy said:
Dont think so, it doesnt take me into a lobby or anything or even let me choose what i want to do like co-op or multi.
The game connects to the server even before you select a mode

Fersis

h3ro said:
Anyone have an extra key? It's my birthday today.

It really is... I'm 25 and wanna play R2 :(
The BETA is shareable i think...

I was playing co-op last night with strangers. I was the only one on the mic, so when everybody was running around with their heads cut off, I started barking orders. It really worked. People started organizing, and I was getting health and ammo whenever I asked. Managed to level up my soldier.

kaching

"GAF's biggest wanker"
prodystopian said:
Does friendly fire actually hurt? I couldn't tell whether it does or you just get the stupid voices as punishment.
I didn't fiddle around with creating my own game last night so I don't know if it's a toggle option for the co-op. It didn't seem to actually hurt, but you certainly got yelled at it for it each time you shot a teammate, so I'm assuming it's probably an option in the full game, if not the beta.

jjasper

Fiddled around with my internet connection last night and finally got it working. Man coop is really something awesome. Played through the level with a full party last night with completely random people and when everyone is working together mowing down hordes of enemies it is really fun stuff.

TONX

Distinguished Air Superiority
Can't wait to get off work and play this nonstop. Hit me up tonight for some matches.

PSN: TONX

Baha

Played a couple of rounds just now and I have to say I like what I see. The learning curve isn't as bad as I'd thought it'd be and the fire fights are pretty intense. I can't wait to try co-op later.

PSN: BahsFS

Add me if you wanna play some co-op later today.

OMG, I'm loving the cooperative play. So awesome when your team works well.

Insomniac REALLY needs to keep co-op maps coming, or at least keep the maps but change the objectives and such so we keep getting new experiences.

Fersis

Metalmurphy said:

Insomniac REALLY needs to keep co-op maps coming, or at least keep the maps but change the objectives and such so we keep getting new experiences.
Yeah i feel you man, R2 can have a looooong life.
Im gonna buy every single DLC they put :D

Here's the final leaderboard of an awesome game I just finished

fmjfwi.jpg

I totally dominate as a Medic ^^

I got the code last night (Surprising). I started the download, but went to bed before it finished. Thanks God for the new power save options because when I woke up everything was off. Anyway ... gonna get some good time in tonight and tomorrow. Can't freaking wait. I like what I'm hearing. The private beta was fun, but this looks so much more polished.

Choke on the Magic said:
In the beta!! I really like being a medic. Stand behind your crew, heal them, and occasionally blast chimera in the dome ftw.
Man, you should do both. Medics are REALLY good at offence too. Specially against titans since you have a steady "stream" of damage. The fact that it does chain damage is helps alot too.

Chris_C

Metalmurphy said:

I believe there was some talk of co-op maps in the campaign having some sort of randomly generated element, though I'm not sure how extensive this is.

Metalmurphy said:
Man, you should do both. Medics are REALLY good at offence too. Specially against titans since you have a steady "stream" of damage. The fact that it does chain damage is helps alot too.

I'll give it go. I just assumed that medic equaled weak until I saw your screen shot.:lol

Fersis

MetalMurphy could you get a picture of the water being shot ? :D
And some picture with the gore :D
thaaaanks

mittelos

Played for a bit last night, and if this is what the MP graphics look like, I can't wait to see SP. Looks awesome. Can't wait to play more tonight.

jjasper

Chris_C said:
I believe there was some talk of co-op maps in the campaign having some sort of randomly generated element, though I'm not sure how extensive this is.

The one in the beta is randomly generated too. At least I played twice and it wasn't the same both times.

I must say those hellfire canons are a bitch to take down.

Solid

I beat the first game yesterday. The last levels were jolly impressive. They could work on the cutscenes though, didnt do much for me to be honest.

kaching

"GAF's biggest wanker"
Those giant Troll Chimera (official name escapes me at moment) are still little more than giant bullet sponges in this beta build. They're a little more active now, but they still don't move around much, still tend to get stuck on walls. Hopefully that stuff is sorted for the final release. Right now, without being more active opponents, the amount munition you have to pump into them just to take them down is tedious. Maybe that resolves itself as you level up and get access to better equipment, but I'm just hoping at this point.

I also don't much like the way he can apparently fire at you when he's completely facing away from you. Hopefully that's another bug that gets fixed.

Facism

Metalmurphy said:
Here's the final leaderboard of an awesome game I just finished

yay.pic
I totally dominate as a Medic ^^

You got yourself a key? Nice!

Hopefully i get something soon. Add me to your friendslist bruv.

PSN: Live_Feed

Top Bottom