• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

RESISTANCE 2 - Hype Thread w/latest info

Y2Kev

TLG Fan Caretaker Est. 2009
Okay well the multiplayer competitive was fun. Fast paced and I like seeing my score for shooting people in the face. But I wanted to play coop and the party sizes just balloon too quickly. So maybe another time. :)

Y2Kev said:
Okay well the multiplayer competitive was fun. Fast paced and I like seeing my score for shooting people in the face. But I wanted to play coop and the party sizes just balloon too quickly. So maybe another time. :)

Yeah, I really wanted to try proper co-op with more than 2 players. The skirmish mode seems like it would be enjoyable with matched up teams, but I found 8 vs 3 to be a bit boring if only because I didn't have anyone to kill.

ghostmind

Damn - this DL is going slow - at this rate it'll be about 3 hours for me too.

I don't think I'll be able to join the GAF party until tomorrow night.

mr_nothin

Banned
Wollan said:
Just woke up and I'm still to receive my Qore Beta code.
Time to panic?
Qore or Gamestop?

If it was from gamestop then all I did was enter my code at the website and got the PSN redeem code instantly. It loaded another page on the website with my code on it and they even sent an email out to me immediately.

RoboPlato

I'd be in the dick
I just found a major glitch. I had no health but it didn't register that I died. I got 37 kills without dying. Strange thing is, I didn't even win.:lol Do we report these things on MyResistance? I don't want people to report my account for hacking because of a glitch.

Matrix

LeBron loves his girlfriend. There is no other woman in the world he’d rather have. The problem is, Dwyane’s not a woman.
Fenderputty said:
I got into the beta. Don't really know how either since my pre-order was as at amazon. Downloading now! :D

I ordered from amazon.com,no code for me :( That's really odd that you got one.

xelloss12

Co-op is super fun, even if the mid-boss took a million years to kill and got stuck on a tree. The game disconnected a while later. I also love the fact that just about everyone had headsets. Guess a lot of people got the Socom game.

Wollan

neomatrix909 said:
wow co-op is pretty insane, enemies are pretty insane. is this by any chance what gears 2 horde mode gonna be like?
It's different. Gears 2 horde mode is for five people in a fixed position where they will have to survive waves. The devs have compared it to Geometry wars.
In Resistance 2, co-op is basically dungeon raiding like in a MMO. You have different classes (Tank, Medic, Scout) that complete each other. You earn loot from taking down the minibosses as well as the end-level boss. You earn XP and you level up earning yourself new skills, new weapons and new armor/clothing. It's for eight people and you have to proceed/raid through the given (randomly given) environment. R2 co-op also supports over hundred enemies in the scene at once.

Snipes424

Wollan said:
It's different. Gears 2 horde mode is for five people in a fixed position where they will have to survive waves. The devs have compared it to Geometry wars.
In Resistance 2, co-op is basically dungeon raiding like in a MMO. You have different classes (Tank, Medic, Scout) that complete each other. You earn loot from taking down the minibosses as well as the end-level boss. You earn XP and you level up earning yourself new skills, new weapons and new armor/clothing. It's for eight people and you have to proceed/raid through the given (randomly given) environment. R2 co-op also supports over hundred enemies in the scene at once.

Yeah Competitive is fun, but Co-op by FAR is my favorite mode. Maybe it's because I play a lot of MMOs but it's a lot of fun and I have a unique experience with each different class.

Dizzan

MINI Member
I'm jealous fellas. Very very jealous.

I'm using every ounce of my strength and will power to not download the beta.

I'm ridiculously snowed under with uni work and I've decided to wait until the retail release.

If it's half as fun as the private beta, it will be a blast.

See you online at release. :D

Guled said:
are you sure they sent you an invite, beside reply should be an option to accept. Ask them to send you another invite. (Or I think you can go to the bottom of your friend list and you should see a grayed out version of their ID. Just press triangle and go to accept)

Is the invite accessible through the game interface itself and not the XMB? Because I don't see where I'm allowed to accept the invite. There are no messages I can look at using the game interface.

Guts Of Thor

Thorax of Odin
I pre-ordered on Tues. and tried to redeem the code tonight but I kept getting a "Gamestop Registration Code not valid" message.

What's going on?

DrPirate

Banned
Private Hoffman said:
Is the invite accessible through the game interface itself and not the XMB? Because I don't see where I'm allowed to accept the invite. There are no messages I can look at using the game interface.

Click Party Options, accept invites.

Private Hoffman said:
Why does it say "account does not exist" for some of my online friends?

They don't have Resistance 2 accounts

DrPirate said:
Click Party Options, accept invites.

They don't have Resistance 2 accounts

There we go! Thank you. :)

Are you telling me that people have to have myresistance.net accounts in order to just join or view their profile? that's kind of fail

DrPirate

Banned
Snipes424 said:
Yeah Competitive is fun, but Co-op by FAR is my favorite mode. Maybe it's because I play a lot of MMOs but it's a lot of fun and I have a unique experience with each different class.

Co-op is so godly...I haven't had this much fun with gaming in such a long, long time.

Honestly, even though it's the same map, it NEVER gets boring and every game I went into, it was full house, everyone had a mic and everyone was mature. It was actually impressive, we used team work and tyhis ranks very highly amongst some of the best team-based gameplay I have ever done. Bravo Insomniac. Bravo.

Yeah, this is pretty much the best Co-Op experience I've had in a shooter, and probably justifies the game all by itself.

I can't claim that they succeeded at controlling the chaos, at least from what I've played of Team Deathmatch with 60 players, however.

Private Hoffman said:
Yeah, this is pretty much the best Co-Op experience I've had in a shooter, and probably justifies the game all by itself.

I can't claim that they succeeded at controlling the chaos, at least from what I've played of Team Deathmatch with 60 players, however.

Well, that's TDM. If you want order to your chaos, that's what Skirmish is for.

Top Bottom