• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

RESISTANCE 2 - Hype Thread w/latest info

-viper-

Banned
R2 is awesome. Takes a while to get used to (it feels a lot different in comparison with R1), but the game is unbelievably addictive. The graphics aren't that bad either, especially if you consider the scale and number of players. It is so smooth and I was quite impressed with the textures.

Co-op is amazing, and two-player online is even better.

However, one big issue: REMOVE THE BLACK BARS ON OFFLINE CO-OP INSONMIAC!

jstevenson said:
Your overall Resistance rank goes up based on XP you gain in all three modes. So XP earned for your Medic goes towards your Medic, and also your Resistance rank.

Jay, is this beta shareble? and if not can you grab me a key from Ted Price's office?

Fersis

It is illegal to Tag Fish in Tag Fishing Sanctuaries by law 38.36 of the GAF Wildlife Act
RJNavarrete said:
I'm going to map them to mirror the CoD 4 control scheme. I fell in love with that control scheme, really...
Sprint pressing L3 is the worst that happened to mankind

Pai Pai Master said:
I've got Sprint on L2, Zoom on L1, Fire on R1, Alt-Fire on R2, Crouch on Down, Push-to-Talk on L3, Reload on R3, Melee on Square, Weapons on Triangle, Grenade on Circle on Jump on X. I like it a lot.

So you can map it however you want? How does crouch work, do you hold it down or is it a toggle situation like COD? And can you go prone?

dork

Banned
has anyone gotten a network connection error before on this? i cant get into any mode , create game, find game or anything

could be another thing broken on my system i guess

edit-nvm :)

deepbrown

btkadams said:
no you cant. because i was in the private beta and i have the public beta. different file sizes, different names. DIFFERENT DOWNLOAD. NO PATCH.
Ok. You just need to explain why in more detail. Saying "You need to download it again because it's a new download" is an empty statement. I understand now. Ok. Thank you.

jstevenson

Sailor Stevenson
BTW guys, that trailer on Gametrailers is REALLY compressed and washed out. Working on trying to get them to get a cleaner version of it up.

Also, will have a PS Blog coming up this afternoon --- and should have some new info and a couple new screenshots

Jtrizzy

This sucks. I paid to pre order this game, put in the code at the website and still haven't received my voucher. Hopefully it's because my last name starts with a T, but I'm starting to doubt that I'll actually get the code.

Fersis

It is illegal to Tag Fish in Tag Fishing Sanctuaries by law 38.36 of the GAF Wildlife Act
Wollan said:
Your PS Blog entry will be demolished with hate.
Just sayin. LBP delay and all.
This one is not SCEE faults... but anyway poor guys :( .

Its legal to share trough the PSN the Public BETA ?

Wollan

Not too long after that one you will most likely get a Beta invite. That's the pattern seen earlier today (and with me).

Fersis

mauaus said:
answer this mans q
In the MyResistance.net forum told me that the BETA CAN be shared, but im risking to be banned out of the BETA....
So sorry guys, im not sharing.

schlew

Metalmurphy said:
Why is beta.myresistance.net asking for a Login and Password?

Yeah, same here. I didn't get an address or anything in my beta code email. I put in my PSN info, and no dice.

I was hoping I could find an FAQ about the various modes and classes. Can anyone point me in the right direction?

Baha

Co-op is intense and at times overwhelming if your team isn't big enough or co-operative. It's everything I hoped it would be and more. I hope you guys at Insomniac consider patching in new classes and adding more enemies/maps in the future, I'm really impressed with what you guys managed to pull off here.

Fersis

Baha said:
Co-op is intense and at times overwhelming if your team isn't big enough or co-operative. It's everything I hoped it would be and more. I hope you guys at Insomniac consider patching in new classes and adding more enemies/maps in the future, I'm really impressed with what you guys managed to pull off here.
It is 'CO-OP' , so its better to play with people you know.

i cant seem to stay connected when i play a game i always get the "Network Connection Failed Disconnecting from Network" message

is there a way i can fix this? i only have this problem with this beta. any suggestions? my NAT Type is 2 if that helps

Fersis

Jtrizzy said:
I just got that email too, hope you are right Wollan. How big is this file going to be? I have limited space on my 20 gig.
2211 MB if i remember correctly.

dork

Banned
1) holy shit this game is awesome. I hated the first one online..dont know why but this is amazing

I was ranked 4th in this 32 person game..until it froze ..stupid

2) does the little blue/red shield block only certain things?

3) the +1 for kills and total xp up top, can someone explain that.. I saw someone posted about it above but they didnt go into much details

4) anyone else have their game freeze?

JB1981

My custom controls:
L3 - Sprint
L1 - Zoom
L2 - NOTHING

R2 - alt fire
R1 - primary fire
Triangle - weapon switch
Circle - nade toss
X - jump

i wanted alt fire on L1 and R3 as zoom but you can't click R3 once for zoom .. you have to hold the damn thing down. Otherwise, that is my layout and I like it alot
- alt fire on L1 is so much faster for tagging bitches.

Fersis

Baha said:
Yeah but sometimes there aren't enough people or some people quit at the worst times.
Add me to your PSN friend list, i never played Co-op in my life,so this weekend... hehehehe i will play it a lot :D

Fersis

dork said:
1) holy shit this game is awesome. I hated the first one online..dont know why but this is amazing

I was ranked 4th in this 32 person game..until it froze ..stupid

2) does the little blue/red shield block only certain things?

3) the +1 for kills and total xp up top, can someone explain that.. I saw someone posted about it above but they didnt go into much details

4) anyone else have their game freeze?
That is a classic server side issue, so dont worry.

dork

Banned
Fersis said:
That is a classic server side issue, so dont worry.

oh phew, well sending away the ps3 soon as my box arrives anyway. I lost all my xp :(

Game is such a blast though. What other game modes will their be besides team deathmatch?

nobody in my game was higher than rank 1 from what i could tell...

just froze on the menu now :( GAH

Jtrizzy

I have a quick question. As I mentioned, I am low on hard drive space (561 MB) and I don't want to delete anything right now. If I delete the game data for MGS4, what are the negative consequences other than having to reinstall it next time I play?

Poigea

Is the matchmaking not working properly for competitive? Every time I try to start a Deathmatch game it puts me in a game by myself. Happened 3 times in a row.

Poigea

Jtrizzy said:
I have a quick question. As I mentioned, I am low on hard drive space (561 MB) and I don't want to delete anything right now. If I delete the game data for MGS4, what are the negative consequences other than having to reinstall it next time I play?

I think you lose any pictures you have saved, not positive though.

Jtrizzy said:

Well, the only thing I can think of is the time it takes to install the info again. Thats about it.

dork

Banned
Jtrizzy said:

what the hell do you have installed? I would assume just reinstalling it. Delete demos before you delete game saves

Baha

Fersis said:
Add me to your PSN friend list, i never played Co-op in my life,so this weekend... hehehehe i will play it a lot :D

Done, I'm available tonight if you wanna play some. This weekend will be tricky since I have plans.

Fersis

Poigea said:
Is the matchmaking not working properly for competitive? Every time I try to start a Deathmatch game it puts me in a game by myself. Happened 3 times in a row.
Insomniac is aware of that ,its a bug and its gonna be fixed.

Top Bottom