• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

RESISTANCE 2 - Hype Thread w/latest info

Anyone else thing the enemies in co-op are pretty brain dead? Sure they can overwhelm you with pure firepower but they don't seem to do much tactically.

Baha

gamerecks said:
Well, the only thing I can think of is the time it takes to install the info again. Thats about it.

Check your demos, also if you've done a lot of Folding try clearing it's cache.

Jtrizzy

I have a lot of music and video on my hard drive, along with MKII, Warhawk, HVB, MS2 demo (which I don't want to delete till it releases) SSHD, Poker, Rampage.

I don't mind reinstalling MGS4, I just don't want to lose anything important in case they ever patch it for trophies or something like that.

dork

Banned
Jtrizzy said:
I have a lot of music and video on my hard drive, along with MKII, Warhawk, HVB, MS2 demo (which I don't want to delete till it releases) SSHD, Poker, Rampage.

I don't mind reinstalling MGS4, I just don't want to lose anything important in case they ever patch it for trophies or something like that.

i put all my game saves on a memory stick. You can get a used one for dirt cheap. That way if it did mess anything up (which i really dont think it will) you will be safe

Fersis

It is illegal to Tag Fish in Tag Fishing Sanctuaries by law 38.36 of the GAF Wildlife Act
Baha said:
Done, I'm available tonight if you wanna play some. This weekend will be tricky since I have plans.
Diabolic plans ? Like 'Achieve global domination?' :D

Firewire

Banned
Union Carbine said:
Anyone else thing the enemies in co-op are pretty brain dead? Sure they can overwhelm you with pure firepower but they don't seem to do much tactically.

They are pretty damn good at flanking positions and just the number of enemies alone is enough to make nightmares come true.

Dante

Union Carbine said:

Who cares? It's balanced pretty damn good for eight players , and you need a pretty solid split between classes with everybody doing their job to progress.

Jstevenson, I pre-ordered with gamestop. Entered my code on the register.myresistance.net site and still no code. Why do you scorn me so Insomniac? You art my favorite developer.

Et tu, jstevenson?

my psn is ninjavanish

Jtrizzy

I know this is off topic, but since someone suggested clearing out the cache for F@H, I went in and am now D'ling "Life with Playstation" of course it takes another 125 mb, but what is it?

jstevenson

Sailor Stevenson
ninjavanish said:
Jstevenson, I pre-ordered with gamestop. Entered my code on the register.myresistance.net site and still no code. Why do you scorn me so Insomniac? You art my favorite developer.

Et tu, jstevenson?

my psn is ninjavanish

Did you just do it? I believe codes were still going to be sent out into this afternoon.

We have to send out a LOT of codes.

Fersis

It is illegal to Tag Fish in Tag Fishing Sanctuaries by law 38.36 of the GAF Wildlife Act
The Insomniac Dev Team is gonna be playing on the BETA ?

Fersis

-Naruto- said:
is anybody sharing the beta with a friend!! Is secure do this????
I was told in the myResistance.net that if you share the beta you risk to be banned.
So keep away from my BETA ! :mad:

Firewire said:
They are pretty damn good at flanking position...
Really? I didn't notice anything like that last night but maybe tonight...

Dante said:
Who cares? It's balanced pretty damn good for eight players , and you need a pretty solid split between classes with everybody doing their job to progress.
Fair enough, but I'm wondering if it will get old after a time if it's the same static pattern over and over.

Still, I'm really grateful for the robust co-op. Co-op is really my favorite gameplay style.

Nozdeuce

If there was an Official MGO Community Leader, I'd be it
Been playing the beta for a bit this afternoon, my first real experience with Resistance. I've only had my PS3 for about 11 months and wasn't a fan of the Resistance 1 demo, but the beta has me sold for 2. Guess I should get 1 and catch myself up.

jjasper

Dante said:

Usually it isn't problem against the hordes of enemies, but when you are fighting one of the big dudes and he just stands there not doing anything or gets stuck running into a wall it kinda hurts the experience.

dork

Banned
Nozdeuce said:
Been playing the beta for a bit this afternoon, my first real experience with Resistance. I've only had my PS3 for about 11 months and wasn't a fan of the Resistance 1 demo, but the beta has me sold for 2. Guess I should get 1 and catch myself up.

1 multiplayer is poop compared to this IMO

jjasper said:
Usually it isn't problem against the hordes of enemies, but when you are fighting one of the big dudes and he just stands there not doing anything or gets stuck running into a wall it kinda hurts the experience.
There's that too though maybe that's more a fault in pathfinding? I actually found the big enemies the least interesting because there's no trick to beating them other than feeding them a long, constant diet of bullets. In the case of the spider-guy, it didn't move or do anything but squat in our path emitting death. The big lizard guy lumbered around but was as likely to plow headlong into the geometry as actually face us. As it's a beta, I'm guessing the latter, at least, will get fixed.

Dante

Union Carbine said:
There's that too though maybe that's more a fault in pathfinding? I actually found the big enemies the least interesting because there's no trick to beating them other than feeding them a long, constant diet of bullets. In the case of the spider-guy, it didn't move or do anything but squat in our path emitting death. The big lizard guy lumbered around but was as likely to plow headlong into the geometry as actually face us. As it's a beta, I'm guessing the latter, at least, will get fixed.

Don't you deal more damage by hitting the cooling packs on the larger enemies?

jstevenson said:
Did you just do it? I believe codes were still going to be sent out into this afternoon.

We have to send out a LOT of codes.

I did it two nights ago. (the day before the beta date was officially announced)

Dante said:
Don't you deal more damage by hitting the cooling packs on the larger enemies?
Do you? I'll have to check that out. Does the big lizard guy have a cooling pack? It doesn't explain his erratic movements even if he did since he many times exposed his back to us while he was moonwalking into a tree.

spwolf

co-op is awesome... awesome... awesome. Co-op just sold me the game.
I played earlier 1vs1 deathmatch and honestly, it was a bit boring after Socom.

and then co-op came... woa. woa. woa.

graphics are good, much improved over R1... overall game is very polished, something that we came to expect from Insomniac by now...

Dante

spwolf said:
co-op is awesome... awesome... awesome. Co-op just sold me the game.
I played earlier 1vs1 deathmatch and honestly, it was a bit boring after Socom.

and then co-op came... woa. woa. woa.

graphics are good, much improved over R1... overall game is very polished, something that we came to expect from Insomniac by now...

That would be boring in any game :p

Gbeav

Banned
No brightness adjustment is horrible, I have a problem seeing in the dark and don't even drive at night.

I hope there is one in the release or I am screwed.

Fersis

Wooooooooooooow, what a change on the community side....
R2 is gonna be soooooooo awesome. :D

EDIT: Beaten but i have pictures :lol

James went posting on the ps.blog about the latest trailer and other things.

We are happy to announce that Resistance 2 will feature 2-player split-screen play for both competitive play as well as our 8-player online co-op campaign!

In addition – we recently announced the contents of our collector’s edition. Many of you wrote in asking for the bonus disc to be a Blu-Ray instead of a DVD. We can also announce that the Bonus Disc will now indeed be a Blu-Ray disc, bringing almost all of the special features to you in High-Definition.

http://blog.us.playstation.com/2008/10/17/resistance-2-the-latest-trailer/

2950017826_ee70d58034_o.jpg

2950017936_a114487a3c_o.jpg

Fersis

Awesome CG's .
Must be from the cutscenes.

btkadams

FFObsessed said:
Blog post is up.

Split-screen is confirmed for 8 player ONLINE co-op not just offline.

http://blog.us.playstation.com/2008/10/17/resistance-2-the-latest-trailer/

I thought at first splitscreen was for the 60 player online play as well but I think it means offline splitscreen :(
no it means online splitscreen in competitive too. didnt you see in the menu? when your in the menu choosing a game in competitive it says on the bottom corner for player 2 to press start to join.

Tom Penny

Gbeav said:
No brightness adjustment is horrible, I have a problem seeing in the dark and don't even drive at night.

I hope there is one in the release or I am screwed.

TV's usually have that setting....

Time for me to take 2 hours of bus rides home from ucla. I pray to the insomniac god (quark) that when I get home my beta code will be sitting in my gmail inbox.

Man, Sony must be building a lot more BD pressing facilities since they're able to pump out large numbers of disks faster than I've noticed before.

DeadGzuz

Banned
Can you get all your money back on a GS pre-order? What is the return policy for an unopened game?

Don't worry, I was thinking of moving it to Amazon. :D

KZObsessed

btkadams said:
no it means online splitscreen in competitive too. didnt you see in the menu? when your in the menu choosing a game in competitive it says on the bottom corner for player 2 to press start to join.

No, I'm not in the latest beta so I obviously can't see that.

So, just so we're clear, you can play splitscreen online during a 60 player match? :D

I said a while a go that if Insomniac managed to get that feature in, R2 is COMPLETE!

Top Bottom