• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

RESISTANCE 2 - Hype Thread w/latest info

Wollan

Just got my first games in (download took only 16 hours, love my isp).

Really polished and smooth running in every respect now.
And even when pressing all kinds of menu buttons and whatnot you're never slowed down by animations or unnecessary loadings etc. All so responsive and agile.

Insomniac, you have my permission to release this game.
Indifferent2.gif

I'm receiving errors when attempting to load my friends profiles in game, I'm assuming if this worked I'd be able to find which games they are in.

Game also needs option to fast scroll through server list like Warhawk and the shoulder buttons.

Otherwise really fuckin' impressed. I'd almost be tempted to buy this one, but I'll rent it and see how long the fascination lasts.

Snipes424

Just broke 50k in co-op (in one game) using spec ops. Also bought me some kinetic gloves :D .

Btw Jstevenson, what happens when you get 12/12 message briefings? aka winning a co-op level 12 times.

TEH-CJ

Banned
Does anyone have a spare code ? :(

i cant believe im not in the beta. after all the time i put into resistance, the resistance threads, and being a insomniac fan thought it would of been enough. obviously not :(

patsu

You can't let someone else take care of your interest. You have to take care of yourself !

I just gave my spare code to someone else this afternoon.

FightyF

Banned
jstevenson you should be proud. I've vowed to never pre-order a game from EB Games again but I did today because they had a beta code. Paid for in full to boot.

Secondly, I offered my beta testing services for free during Ramadan because I was feeling generous, but I've now extended it just for this game. That's right, I'll be beta testing this game and you guys at Insomniac don't have to pay one cent for my expert insight and my all encompassing knowledge on FPS game design! :p

I'll try it tomorrow and I'll post first impressions, and then follow up with detailed impressions in a few weeks.

Epcott

*sigh*

I suck at this game. It's been over a year since I've played Resistance, and I thought I was finally making some kills (thought to myself "Yay, 7 kills this game).

Then I see the boards and I'm the lowest ranker :(
Also, spawn points... they suck in this game.

Dizzan

MINI Member
Spawn points were a bit of a problem in the private beta aswell

Often you would be dumped into the centre of the action or immediately behind an enemy for a cheap and dirty (but sorta satisfying ) kill.

Hope this is fixed before retail release. But other than that the private beta was awesome imo. Release day cant come soon enough.

Xater

I would still appreciate it if jstevenson could tell me if the US releaseof R2 will be a ultilanguage release. :D

I really need to know.

Ploid 3.0

Rapping Granny said:
uhmm start reading from post #4816.

BTW anyone gots an extra key yet?

Oh that one. Yeah, KZ2 makes it hard to go to another fps. GG really put their foot into the game, and sony, and whatever other group is in the mix.

Ploid 3.0 said:
Oh that one. Yeah, KZ2 makes it hard to go to another fps. GG really put their foot into the game, and sony, and whatever other group is in the mix.

There is no reason why you can't get both. other than SOCOM sony is really putting effort in their first party titles, kind of disappointed by lack of polish of SOCOM.

Darkpen

Banned
omg, big thanks to DTJAAAAM for the beta code, right out of nowhere (maybe saw my begging in the free to a good home thread :lol).

Downloading now :D

Ploid 3.0

Unregistered007 said:
There is no reason why you can't get both. other than SOCOM sony is really putting effort in their first party titles, kind of disappointed by lack of polish of SOCOM.

Yeah, R2 and KZ2 both could have been launched at the same day, and I'd be interested in getting them (I could wait on KZ2 though). I'm more sure about R2. KZ2 looks spectacular in videos and demos, but Insomniac ain't no joke. They know how to stuff their games with meat. Naughty dog is like that too. I can't wait to tackle the skill points and their goody rewards. Doubt KZ2 will do that kind of deep stuff. Maybe it will have normal trophies with no reward (I hope not).

Finished installing. Finally ready for later today. I'll maybe try a quick co op.

Dante

OMG screw EVERYTHING else Co-op is my CRACK I love this shit......Come on any Gaffers wanna join forces? I Love being Spec-op, and Medic, Love having to micro manage and aid other players.

DrPirate

Banned
Dante said:
OMG screw EVERYTHING else Co-op is my CRACK I love this shit......Come on any Gaffers wanna join forces? I Love being Spec-op, and Medic, Love having to micro manage and aid other players.

Agreed.

Just got done my last game of the night with some personal friends and like always, I had a blast with coop.

I can't believe I did 6 hours of coop on just one map, and without the full features, coop will be crack in it's full form, right now it's only a gateway drug.

Snipes424

Dante said:

What is your PSN?

Anybody having problems connecting to a game? I just keep getting network failed...I can't even see my friends profile. The invites don't work nor does creating my own game. Anybody having similar issues?

ItAintEasyBeinCheesy

it's 4th of July in my asshole
DJmizuhara said:
Anybody having problems connecting to a game? I just keep getting network failed...I can't even see my friends profile. The invites don't work nor does creating my own game. Anybody having similar issues?

I got disconnected then had some issues, ok now though...... back to co-op :D

BeeDog

Alright, doing my regular check-up:

Anyone got their Play.com preorder key yet?

Access to the Resistance 2 BETA. Requires PlayStation Network access. Instructions will be emailed on or before Monday 20th October for customers who have already pre-ordered and will be included in this offer. Access to the BETA is now fully subscribed. BETA runs from 20th October to 13th November 2008.

ItAintEasyBeinCheesy said:
I got disconnected then had some issues, ok now though...... back to co-op :D

Nah, I haven't been able to play 1 game...I haven't shared it and I've tired all my accounts. Nothing just errors and connection time outs.

ItAintEasyBeinCheesy

it's 4th of July in my asshole
DJmizuhara said:
Nah, I haven't been able to play 1 game...I haven't shared it and I've tired all my accounts. Nothing just errors and connection time outs.

evlcookie said:
Sharing didnt work between my own accounts :lol . I have bad luck.

Yeah mine wouldnt work on my AU account, i downloaded it through Qore code on my US account and now have to play it on my US account. No other account works, have to play it on the US one..........

PSN: manberries2 :lol

Ploid 3.0

Dante said:
PSN: Jenovah....Just got done another EPIC co-op bout LOVE THIS SHIT!

Sorry about just then. I was scrambling to find the text thingy. I had on headphones, and the mic wasn't connected. That was my first time in the lobby.

Co op is very cool, and fun. At first I had no idea what was what. Then I went in a gam with just me and a medic. We made it very far. That guy was a pro. I jike the Area cure. Saved my Spec Ops hide.

Yeah mine wouldnt work on my AU account, i downloaded it through Qore code on my US account and now have to play it on my US account. No other account works, have to play it on the US one..........

I've decided to delete R2 and the game saves and try the download again through my US account and only play it on my US account. I hope this will work...

BeeDog

Rainy Dog said:
Nothing from Play for me yet, BeeDog. Got my Qore code though so Play one will be a spare.

Thanks for the update. Hopefully Play won't shaft us then.

With that said, if anyone would have a spare key for me, it would be fuck-awesomely nice. I'll then shoot up the Play key (if I ever get it) as a spare one for someone here.

Dante

Ploid 3.0 said:
Sorry about just then. I was scrambling to find the text thingy. I had on headphones, and the mic wasn't connected. That was my first time in the lobby.

Co op is very cool, and fun. At first I had no idea what was what. Then I went in a gam with just me and a medic. We made it very far. That guy was a pro. I jike the Area cure. Saved my Spec Ops hide.

:lol My girlfriend was in bed and started calling me a dork after that, I got flustered and hit the circle button and exited the game.....She's so mean :lol Dude, add me if you don't already:

Jenovah

"Hey Ploid it's me Dante!" :lol

You know after playing in competitive, I'm soooooooooooo content with being Medic/Spec-op in Co-op support roles, I just don't have what it takes to finish in the top 3, support roles are where it's at for me.

Ploid 3.0

Dante said:
:lol My girlfriend was in bed and started calling me a dork after that, I got flustered and hit the circle button and exited the game.....She's so mean :lol Dude, add me if you don't already:

Jenovah

"Hey Ploid it's me Dante!" :lol

You know after playing in competitive, I'm soooooooooooo content with being Medic/Spec-op in Co-op support roles, I just don't have what it takes to finish in the top 3, support roles are where it's at for me.

lol I felt bad not being able to answer. I need to get headphones that have a mic (PS3 compatible. I like my games loud.

evlcookie

but ever so delicious

PSN: manberries2 :lol

Yea thats what happened to me. Was bloody annoying. So now im stuck playing on a badly created US account with the name evlhobo.

Will play it more tomorrow. Downloaded way too much on my onpeak today, need to rest :lol

evlcookie said:
Yea thats what happened to me. Was bloody annoying. So now im stuck playing on a badly created US account with the name evlhobo.

Will play it more tomorrow. Downloaded way too much on my onpeak today, need to rest :lol
I've just deleted R2 and the save files and re-downloaded it on my US, I installed in on US account, but when I try to play it on my US account all it get is time-outs and network errors. WTF!!!! Any ideas?

Darkpen

Banned
omfg, my download's at 90%! Anyone that's playing the beta that I can befriend? This co-op stuff sounds really neat :D So glad I decided to connect my PS3 to a hard line connection.

My PSN: Darkpen

evlcookie

but ever so delicious
DJmizuhara said:
I've just deleted R2 and the save files and re-downloaded it on my US, I installed in on US account, but when I try to play it on my US account all it get is time-outs and network errors. WTF!!!! Any ideas?

Not too sure whats going on with yours. I just tested it then and i could connect, seemed like everything was fine.

Snipes424

So I was looking through the co-op medals and I saw this

"Complete 300 co-op matches without dying"

..................................So how many years is that going to take?

TTP

Have a fun! Enjoy!
Snipes424 said:
So I was looking through the co-op medals and I saw this

"Complete 300 co-op matches without dying"

..................................So how many years is that going to take?

Barely one. If you manage to play one perfect coop game every day, that is.

Top Bottom