• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

RESISTANCE 2 - Hype Thread w/latest info

TTP

Have a fun! Enjoy!
Impressive improvement since the beta. I'm enjoying this quite a bit more.

One question tho. Is the aiming aid (when the reticule loosely follows a target) final in the coop mode? I'm ok with some aid, but if feels very "strong" and since it also aids in aiming the allies it kinda makes looking around "jumpy", like it's losing frames (as the reticule "locks" for a split of a sec to every buddy it crosses, so the whole camera movement stutters).

Did I make myself clear?

JB1981

Ok, I figured out why I couldn't join a friend's party invite.

The Party Leader has to turn Friends Join ON in the in Party Control settings before sending out the invite. Otherwise, the person you are inviting will not have permission to join your party.

evlcookie

but ever so delicious
Fuck yea got a code.

Fuck its a 2gb download, fuck im now on my onpeak download allowance.

nooooooooo.

psn id is evlcookie.

I'm not getting any XP for competetive matches. No matter how much I rack up during the game it always comes up as 0 at the end. Is anyone else getting that? Also, some of my ribbons aren't being saved correctly, it might be just the beta. Anyway, the gameplay is great and I'm looking forward to getting the final game.

JB1981

kurahadol said:
Is anyone else getting a Network connection failed message when trying to get onto a game or is that a problem on my end?
matchmaking is down but you can get into user created games

btw: good game ninja knight - could you hear me in chat? i couldn't year you, dude

kurahadol

Nevermind...it's working now. But to the above poster, I don't seem to be keeping my XP either. One of my rounds the game froze up on me though, so I wonder if that was the cause.

TTP

Have a fun! Enjoy!
Ninja Kn1ght said:
I'm not getting any XP for competetive matches. No matter how much I rack up during the game it always comes up as 0 at the end. Is anyone else getting that?

Yes. It's quite random tho. Sometimes I get it. Sometimes just 0.

FirewalkR

Just played this beta for the first time, the feel of the controls is a massive improvement since the private for me. Congrats! :D

I was having quite some lag, but I think it's my connection, isp bastards must have started using some aggressive traffic shaping, both xbox live and psn are going slow. Http goes like a dream as always. (psn store is http, downloads too, so they work well)

I played in a 40 player competitive match but at the end stats weren't showing, and I was getting some connection errors, don't know if it didn't update for some reason or was just the net acting up also.

btkadams

JB1981 said:
i'm racking up mad points and not gaining any xp either ... is it because we're not playing ranked matches?
think so, which is lame since we cant even get onto ranked matches. all coop games give you xp though... weird.

TTP

Have a fun! Enjoy!
JB1981 said:

The Party Leader has to turn Friends Join ON in the in Party Control settings before sending out the invite. Otherwise, the person you are inviting will not have permission to join your party.

I assumed that as well. But we are not sure if that's the case. A specific message should pop up so that one knows why he couldn't join. Like "The leader of the party you tired to join is a dick"

JB1981

TTP said:
I assumed that as well. But we are not sure if that's the case. A specific message should pop up so that one knows why he couldn't join. Like "The leader of the party you tired to join is a dick"

'permission' is tied to enabling friends in the party controls.

you just have to allow them to join

jstevenson

Sailor Stevenson
Madman said:
Just saw a R2 commercial. It was pretty crazy. I thought it was really cool. I'd describe it, but I don't think I could really explain it properly. I think it was about a minute long.

where/what channel? I didn't realize it was airing already.

Ploid 3.0

Sean said:
http://mt13.quickshareit.com/share/r2betainvalidcb74b.JPG[/IMG]

what the fuck... :|

Minor side effect of getting lucky?
20081006.jpg

Liberty4all

Banned
I was at the Best Buy Event "Gaming Invasion" in downtown Toronto tonight. They had Gears 2, Resistance 2, Smackdown Versus Raw 2009, Castlevania Legends on Wii, and a shitload of other not yet released titles available for play.

I only got one picture of Resistance 2 before the Sony guys practically tackled me. NO PICTURES

spwolf

JB1981 said:

yeah, figured that out as well... JS - this needs to be on by default for friends at least, and also some kind of help should be shown on that config screen so players know that they need to click on it to edit options. Took me a while to figure out why I cant invite friends from my list to the party...

Acid08

Banned
I really hate that headshots don't seem to count. That's my only real complaint. If I take the time to line up a head shot, I want them to fucking die.

btkadams

RJNavarrete said:
There it is. But yea, I want some GAF friends to play co-op with.
PSNs?
mine is btkadams, id love to have some gaf friends, as far as i know i have none.. :(

i cant play much tonight though until later because im heading out in a little bit. but feel free to add me.

spwolf

Acid08 said:
I really hate that headshots don't seem to count. That's my only real complaint. If I take the time to line up a head shot, I want them to fucking die.

got SOCOM?

p.s. sigh Insomniac... why do you make me spend money? PES09, LBP, Singstar, SOCOM, R2 and MS2. $420 total (some bought in europe, some in usa). $420. And I bet there will be some cute PSN games that I will just have to get.

btkadams said:
mine is btkadams, id love to have some gaf friends, as far as i know i have none.. :(

i cant play much tonight though until later because im heading out in a little bit. but feel free to add me.
You'll be my first GAF friend, seeing as how I'm pretty much a n00b here. Long time lurker, though. :D Added. [RJeezy_von_Z is I]

btkadams

Revolutionary said:
I don't get how voice chat works in this game. Is it a toggle or what?
open mike. except in lobbies it is hold r3

RJNavarrete said:
You'll be my first GAF friend, seeing as how I'm pretty much a n00b here. Long time lurker, though. :D Added. [RJeezy_von_Z is I]
great! look forward to playing with you

Acid08

Banned
spwolf said:
got SOCOM?

p.s. sigh Insomniac... why do you make me spend money? PES09, LBP, Singstar, SOCOM, R2 and MS2. $420 total (some bought in europe, some in usa). $420. And I bet there will be some cute PSN games that I will just have to get.
It shouldn't matter. A headshot is a headshot. Do the Chimera have super hard heads or something? A headshot should be an instant kill.

GodofWine

My code is working..yay...DL is SLLLLLOWWW...my connection is good but my DLs are always slow as heck...confused.

I'll be in a game in like 3 days when its finished.:lol

Finally picked up Resistance: Fall of Man on Wednesday. Just finished the campaign. I have to say I really liked it. The pacing was great with plenty of variety, the universe, story and narration are great, the variety in environments and enemies is nice. My only complaints are that at times some of the game's battles can be frustrating as you can't really use cover due to most of it being too small, and/or the Auger, and since you can't run and gun either you can definitely be forced into some frustrating deaths. And the fact that I don't like Sony's controller, especially for first-person shooters but other than that, I have to say I loved it.

Going to be reading up more on the Resistance universe and catching up on Resistance 2. It's definitely on my to buy list.

btkadams

ToyMachine228 said:
Finally picked up Resistance: Fall of Man on Wednesday. Just finished the campaign. I have to say I really liked it. The pacing was great with plenty of variety, the universe, story and narration are great, the variety in environments and enemies is nice. My only complaints are that at times some of the game's battles can be frustrating as you can't really use cover due to most of it being too small, and/or the Auger, and since you can't run and gun either you can definitely be forced into some frustrating deaths. And the fact that I don't like Sony's controller, especially for first-person shooters but other than that, I have to say I loved it.

Going to be reading up more on the Resistance universe and catching up on Resistance 2. It's definitely on my to buy list.
the online for r1 was amazing. dont know if theres too many peopl eon now as i havent played in months, but r2's is surely going to live up to it, if not surpass it.

A few questions pertaining to the Resistance universe. No R2 spoilers please :)

So we still don't know the original of the Chimera correct? Also, who are those people that
pick up Hale at the end? Black Ops or something like that I think I read?
Also, do we know if we'll see The Cloven in R2?

Game caused my 60 gig PS3 to hardlock in the middle of my first match today. Restarted PS3, joined a new match and it hardlocked again. It's blueballtastic. I'll try again tomorrow : /

Smidget

Can I share my code with anyone or is it one per person/24 hours like LBP? Would love to get my lil brother playing, I guess I can just have him over ;)

Meant to also say: Amazing :)

Baha

Freedom = $1.05 said:
Game caused my 60 gig PS3 to hardlock in the middle of my first match today. Restarted PS3, joined a new match and it hardlocked again. It's blueballtastic. I'll try again tomorrow : /

Yeah, I've experienced freezes & network errors. Still I keep coming back for more, it's so much fun :D

kaching

"GAF's biggest wanker"
:lol Hadn't seen the 'Beta Whisperer' PA comic before now. Literally LOL

ToyMachine228 said:
A few questions pertaining to the Resistance universe. No R2 spoilers please :)

So we still don't know the original of the Chimera correct? Also, who are those people that
pick up Hale at the end? Black Ops or something like that I think I read?
Also, do we know if we'll see The Cloven in R2?
Correct.
Basically, yes.
Not Likely.

kaching

"GAF's biggest wanker"
belvedere said:
Mandatory meeting?

You guys didn't quote the Qur'an did you?
They were too busy building a scale replica of Manchester Cathedral to commit violence in as a team-building exercise.

jstevenson said:
It was 401k or something...
Ulp! Not even bonds are safe!

Top Bottom