• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

RESISTANCE 2 - Hype Thread w/latest info

Awntawn

Snipes424 said:
So I was looking through the co-op medals and I saw this

"Complete 300 co-op matches without dying"

..................................So how many years is that going to take?
Without dying... once? Or just 300 "matches without dying". Because one would be absolutely positively impossible, whereas the other would only be batshit insanely hard as fucking hell.

Snipes424

Awntawn said:
Without dying... once? Or just 300 "matches without dying". Because one would be absolutely positively impossible, whereas the other would only be batshit insanely hard as fucking hell.

The way I understand it is if you don't die during a co-op level, that counts as 1. So you need 300 of those, It doesn't need to be in order.

There is a medal however that requires you to complete 15 co-op levels in a row without dying.

Snipes424 said:
The way I understand it is if you don't die during a co-op level, that counts as 1. So you need 300 of those, It doesn't need to be in order.

There is a medal however that requires you to complete 15 co-op levels in a row without dying.

I have played with some guys who were able to make it through without dying (I always seem to die the most) but I think they were playing as medics. Also once you get more levels and thus different equipment, I think this will be very doable with a solid communicative team.

Ploid 3.0

That trophy will show that your Co-op clan is awesome. Trophies should show skill and dedication, most trophies are stupid automatic stuff. Maybe more people will play as a team because of this.

BTW This game is friggin SICK11!. I'm not having a hard tim playing this after watching* KZ2 stuff at all. Bravo Insomniac, you've created Awesomeness! So many enemies, and stuff going on. No lag, pretty graphics in MP with all this stuff... Just amazing, and it's so fun. I love the class teamwork triangle of support..

Rainy Dog

DJmizuhara said:
I've just deleted R2 and the save files and re-downloaded it on my US, I installed in on US account, but when I try to play it on my US account all it get is time-outs and network errors. WTF!!!! Any ideas?

I'm in the same boat, DJ.

UK here, downloaded on my US account with Qore code, installed on US account, can't connect to any servers with either UK or US account. Wonder if its because I tried with UK account first and thats the account it installed the update on? Can't seem to find the update in the XMB Game Data Utility so wonder whether it directly patches the beta files and, because I did this with a different account to the one I downloaded and installed the beta with, it's somehow corrupted it...

I played some more co-op last night. Very fun. I think I like the human "convert" enemies the best, the way the rush at you and try to overwhelm you with sheer numbers. The bigger enemies are my least favorite, however. They're just plain boring. All they do is stand there and sponge up a ridiculous amount of bullets. The lizard guy often gets turned around so that he's totally impotent and I've seen the spider-thing stand there and get pummeled for long stretches without even returning fire.

The modularization of the level is genius. Last night, I saw some areas I hadn't seen at all in previous games. I think that'll really help keep things fresh from game to game.

Rainy Dog said:
I'm in the same boat, DJ.

UK here, downloaded on my US account with Qore code, installed on US account, can't connect to any servers with either UK or US account. Wonder if its because I tried with UK account first and thats the account it installed the update on? Can't seem to find the update in the XMB Game Data Utility so wonder whether it directly patches the beta files and, because I did this with a different account to the one I downloaded and installed the beta with, it's somehow corrupted it...
Are you using a Router? I've just un-plugged my route and connected my PS3 directly to the net and I worked.

ItAintEasyBeinCheesy

it's 4th of July in my asshole
So awesome, i actually got to finish a co-op level! woot, usually everyones dead by the 3rd section, good stuff, the big dudes need their AI worked on though or something, they just keep walking into a wall not doing anything.

Yoshichan

And they made him a Lord of Cinder. Not for virtue, but for might. Such is a lord, I suppose. But here I ask. Do we have a sodding chance?
TTP said:
Barely one. If you manage to play one perfect coop game every day, that is.
:lol

spwolf

ItAintEasyBeinCheesy said:
So awesome, i actually got to finish a co-op level! woot, usually everyones dead by the 3rd section, good stuff, the big dudes need their AI worked on though or something, they just keep walking into a wall not doing anything.

yeah, ai has pathfinding issues - thank god. otherwise, i dont think completing the level would be easy... in any case, for anyone thinking it is easy with 8 players, try with 3... you need to get actual medal for completing that level with 3 players :lol

its crazy fun though, hordes of monsters - it is fucking mayhem!

Yoshichan

And they made him a Lord of Cinder. Not for virtue, but for might. Such is a lord, I suppose. But here I ask. Do we have a sodding chance?
Wait I thought the coop campaign got harder the more people you got in the server (like Diablo 2)?

ItAintEasyBeinCheesy

it's 4th of July in my asshole
Seiken said:
Wait I thought the coop campaign got harder the more people you got in the server (like Diablo 2)?

I think it does, had 8 before and there was more than 50 enemies on the map at once, flying shit, grims, etc, was nuts.

Im sharing the beta in the gameshare thread, but im asking for stuff, being stingy hoe....... try make Qore worth it ;)

Yoshichan

ItAintEasyBeinCheesy said:
Im sharing the beta in the gameshare thread, but im asking for stuff, being stingy hoe....... try make Qore worth it ;)
DAMN IT. I don't have any of them... fuck.

-viper-

Banned
jstevenson said:
BTW guys. The letterboxing on split-screen is normal. It allows us to keep the aspect ratio instead of squeezing things around. That way you will see everything you'd normally see, just in a smaller screen.
Can't you just show the sides instead of having it black? Sure the FOV might be bigger... but please? That way you won't need to rearrange the HUD.

Also, why don't I get ANY XP points when I play competitve/co-op games? My stats are not updating at all. I've played over 6 hours of Resistance 2 and my profile has stayed at 14 kills, 5 deaths. None of the ribbons I unlocked ingame are in my profile either.

Cheech

-viper- said:
Also, why don't I get ANY XP points when I play competitve/co-op games? My stats are not updating at all. I've played over 6 hours of Resistance 2 and my profile has stayed at 14 kills, 5 deaths. None of the ribbons I unlocked ingame are in my profile either.

Beta. Full game is only 2 1/2 weeks away. Chill.

My biggest bitch is that I won't be able to pick it up at lunch like I normally do, thanks to election day.

Mardil

arrrr i havent got my qore beta code yet, it's so annoying, specially cause i bought the damn episode just for the beta. anyway, can't wait to play it!!

Yoshichan

I go and take a dump for 2 minutes and come back to read that I've missed a beta key opportunity... FYi0912u38r9htf8g98g98g98g98g90

Llyranor

Okay, co-op is fantastic.

I'd like to report a bug, though. Around mid-game when you're in that big fight against that giant guy with a rocket launcher, there's been 2 occasions where he gets stuck on the wall. In the 2nd fight, he decided mid-way to turn around and attack us, leading to an awesome fight, but in the 1st one he just stood there while we killed him.

dork

Banned
i asked earlier and didnt see an answer.

can someone explain the 2 different xp thingies? 1 for kills and then the one for shooting people. And what do ranks unlock? Any ranks in the beta?

GodofWine

Got to play this finally late last night...its full of goodness!!!

So smooth already..so many people in the room...wow.

Didn't get to play co-op yet...

Only complaint is the fire in the competitive is a bit too easy to touch...everyone seemed to be on fire at times.:lol

I think the guns range, or accuracy at long range could be increased to...I was shooting down on people with a carbine from a building and had trouble getting hits.

JB1981

xero273 said:
I'll play. game name
Xyro, Goldrusher - my PSN name is Beamber. Send an FR and I'll start a party. Just sitting at the menu right now.

God I love skirmish. One major improvement over the original game is less confusion!

The game doesn't feel like a 'swirling vortex of confusion' anymore. LOL.

I am really enjoying myself.

Darkpen

Banned
lol, just played a bunch. Co-op is super fun, but has anyone figured out how to remain in the room? I keep going back to the lobby to find my room again. I think there's a co-op room going on under my name right now, infact.

lol, turns out spec ops is medic 2.0. You can keep a soldier's shield constantly up by shooting those electric burst from your rifle, which gets you enemy hits, which gets you ammo, which you can throw at both the soldier and yourself. It works out pretty well, as long as a medic is near

JB1981

GodofWine said:
Got to play this finally late last night...its full of goodness!!!

So smooth already..so many people in the room...wow.

Didn't get to play co-op yet...

Only complaint is the fire in the competitive is a bit too easy to touch...everyone seemed to be on fire at times.:lol

I think the guns range, or accuracy at long range could be increased to...I was shooting down on people with a carbine from a building and had trouble getting hits.

Carbine range has been nerfed big time, and I like that. I find that most of the guns have their uses .. however ... I think the grenade launching weapon is terrible and i cannot believe how badly they have nerfed the auger.

The revved up slicer kicks ass, tho .. and the TARGET BOMBER GIBS are sick!!!! So satisfying.

Epcott

I've added some people from here, including you Darkpen, so I can finally try co-op.
Also, glad to see I'm not the only one underwhelmed by Socom.

Bought it yesterday, and so far, the only thing positive I can say about it is the mic works better than it does in R2 (and that's not saying much)

JB1981

just got your invites .... restarting the game .. for some reason you're not showing up in my allies list ... i think a restart will fix it.

teepo

i broke my two year long gamestop protest a few months ago for the mgs4le and i wont be doing that again for a beta code, or anything else for that matter.

so i'm reduced to begging. someone, hook me up with a code :(

Yoshichan

JB1981 said:
and i cannot believe how badly they have nerfed the auger.
How exactly is it nerfed?

JB1981

Seiken said:
How exactly is it nerfed?

rate of fire is so slow, deals out very little damage.

only improvement is when zoomed in, enemies glow green and you can see them thru walls

dark/xero - invites sent .. are you able to join?

Yoshichan

JB1981 said:

only improvement is when zoomed in, enemies glow green and you can see them thru walls

fuck...

Loudninja

JB1981 said:

Sounds like the first one.

Top Bottom