• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Resistance 3 |OT| You ARE the Resistance

lowrider007

Licorice-flavoured booze?
I have to admit I'm starting to get little bit excited now we're only a few days away, I know Metacritic isn't everybody's cup of tea on here but I'm actually quite intrigued to see what R3 will get, as I'm sure Insomniac are, RFoM got 86 and R2 edged it out 87, R2 got some great reviews by the press, I think mainly for the MP aspect of the game, I hope R3 can crack 90+, would be a nice send off for the franchise under Insomniac's wing.

calder

Holy crap this crept up on me. I was so focused on DE:HR coming out in August I completely forgot.

While I was a little meh on R2 it was still as solid game and the multiplayer of R1 and 2 were some of the best on PS3. Something to look forward to getting next week. :D

Ashes

Banned
I've been playing the beta; and it's not really grabbing me. The two maps are dull as ditchwater; convoluted comes to mind. And the two modes are run of the mill.

This is a beta, and you would have thought that they would show two of their better maps; if not their best two maps; and one of them looks like a cod4 homage.

There is enough however to ensure that I'll give this a fair try. The weapons list above, just mean it's gonna be more and more complex, which isn't really a good thing in multiplayer for me. Then again, admittedly, I have to say, I've got that 'where the hell did the time go?' feeling. The last three/four hours just flew by!

7.9 out of 10 so far.

Loudninja

Ashes1396 said:
I've been playing the beta; and it's not really grabbing me. The two maps are dull as ditchwater; convoluted comes to mind. And the two modes are run of the mill.

This is a beta, and you would have thought that they would show two of their better maps; if not their best two maps; and one of them looks like a cod4 homage.

There is enough however to ensure that I'll give this a fair try. The weapons list above, just mean it's gonna be more and more complex, which isn't really a good thing in multiplayer for me. Then again, admittedly, I have to say, I've got that 'where the hell did the time go?' feeling. The last three/four hours just flew by!

7.9 out of 10 so far.
What!??! the train map is great.Love you random score though lol. If things get too complex you always have the Hardcore mode. :)

I'd like to thank Best Buy for their utter incompetence.

1654d74c.jpg

patsu

Yeah but is the day one patch up yet ?

^_^

EDIT:
It's more torturous to stare at the package but cannot play.

Loudninja

insomniacgames Insomniac Games
We are going push out new R3 Beta servers around 5:30 PST. You will be disconnected and there may be some weirdness when they come back. #fb
http://twitter.com/#!/insomniacgames

Fersis

It is illegal to Tag Fish in Tag Fishing Sanctuaries by law 38.36 of the GAF Wildlife Act
Time to leave the thread to avoid spoilers.

See you guys in a couple of weeks.

Violater

ConradCervantes said:
I left my girlfriend earlier today, wasn't fun. This just happened to be a pick-me-up gift to myself.

Well atleast you left her and not the other way around.
It sucks man I have been there, lived together for almost 2 yrs too
Now spill the beans!

rdrr gnr

Why doesn't Jenny work at my Best Buy? Ugh. Looking forward to impressions.

The retail release better not need this much server tweaking. It was so laggy every match. I was failing to break even, then suddenly, I went 40-13 the next match, then back to breaking even. Same lobby.

It just took a moment to adjust, but then I started killing folk.

...and I started using the Marksman. Unbeatable mid-range.

jstevenson

Sailor Stevenson
ConradCervantes said:
I left my girlfriend earlier today, wasn't fun. This just happened to be a pick-me-up gift to myself.

bummer dude, hope the game cheers you up. I look forward to hearing what you think

Yoshichan

And they made him a Lord of Cinder. Not for virtue, but for might. Such is a lord, I suppose. But here I ask. Do we have a sodding chance?
regular edition ... or special edition...

which one guys ._.

Y2Kev

TLG Fan Caretaker Est. 2009
ConradCervantes said:
impressions NAO or you're banned from mlbgaf

jstevenson

Sailor Stevenson
legacyzero said:
Cant find a game.. like at all

0 llllllllllll () llllllll lll 00
.....Finding game......

wtf. Is is like over?

we're running some server tests... and the user count is crazy. We hit 4 times our previous high yesterday, and we're more than doubling that right now. LOTS of people on, and we're having to make some tweaks to adjust for the demand. Keep tryin.

Ashes

Banned
When you select 'any' it doesn't seem to find matches; but when you actually select a mode, you get much better luck. At least in my limited experience.

edit: also, Thank you jenny from the block!

Y2Kev said:
impressions NAO or you're banned from mlbgaf
Whoa, son. Don't take my Brewers from me!

First, I completely blow at this Move stuff. I died three times before switching to DS3. Maybe my next playthrough.

Installation cinematic is aces. Well done, Insomniac.

Game looks very nice in motion. I didn't play the beta, so I have no basis for comparison, but the first chapter in Haven looked very nice. I'm not a pixel-counter, though, so I may be more forgiving than others.

Atmosphere is very reminiscent of RFoM. It feels literally like you against the world with deep odds against you. I love the geysers of blood following a headshot, very nice effect.

That's all for now, back to playing.

sleepykyo

Can you use spotter and thermal vision to mark someone through a wall? At the very least, sniper's should love thermal vision with sniper alt fire.

Yoshichan

And they made him a Lord of Cinder. Not for virtue, but for might. Such is a lord, I suppose. But here I ask. Do we have a sodding chance?
Atmosphere is very reminiscent of RFoM. It feels literally like you against the world with deep odds against you. I love the geysers of blood following a headshot, very nice effect.
OMG! OMG!!!!!!!!! These three sentences makes me HYPEDDDDDDDDDD

Pranay

ConradCervantes said:

First, I completely blow at this Move stuff. I died three times before switching to DS3. Maybe my next playthrough.

Game looks very nice in motion. I didn't play the beta, so I have no basis for comparison, but the first chapter in Haven looked very nice. I'm not a pixel-counter, though, so I may be more forgiving than others.

Thats Great To hear !

jstevenson; does R3 have any sort of second-playthrough, post-transformation weapon-leveling the way the Ratchet & Clank games have?

legacyzero

Banned
ConradCervantes said:

Packers/Brewers/Badgers REPRESENT.

jstevenson said:
we're running some server tests... and the user count is crazy. We hit 4 times our previous high yesterday, and we're more than doubling that right now. LOTS of people on, and we're having to make some tweaks to adjust for the demand. Keep tryin.

Oh good. I thought I was doing it wrong HAHA

RoboPlato

I'd be in the dick
badcrumble said:
jstevenson; does R3 have any sort of second-playthrough, post-transformation weapon-leveling the way the Ratchet & Clank games have?
I'm pretty sure it was confirmed to have this a while ago. One of the features I'm most excited for. All games should have NG+.

I think I found my aiming problem, my beer isn't high gravity. What the hell was I thinking; I'll have to switch to OE 800 at this point.

RoboPlato

I'd be in the dick
BobTheFork said:
I think I found my aiming problem, my beer isn't high gravity. What the hell was I thinking; I'll have to switch to OE 800 at this point.
I have no idea what this post means.

RoboPlato said:
I'm pretty sure it was confirmed to have this a while ago. One of the features I'm most excited for. All games should have NG+.
Oh, I know it's got NG+ (and I'm soooooooper happy about that). I'm just wondering whether the second playthrough allows weapons that were previously maxed out to level up a little bit more.

DigiMish

badcrumble said:
Oh, I know it's got NG+ (and I'm soooooooper happy about that). I'm just wondering whether the second playthrough allows weapons that were previously maxed out to level up a little bit more.

I don't think so, but it does allow you to level up the weapons you failed to level up in the first playthrough.

RoboPlato

I'd be in the dick
badcrumble said:
Ah, sorry I misunderstood. I don't think it has that. At least I haven't heard anything about it.

RoboPlato said:
I have no idea what this post means.
I didn't get the 'high gravity' lager (I honestly don't know what it means I just see it all the time) so I may have to get an Ole English 800 (40oz of freedom).

dralla

fuuuuck. i was 27-1 and got disconnected, i wanted to see dem medals :[

im looking in the medals now and see none for the magnum, is it not in multi? i really wanted to see that and the ice in there? i see the ice medal but no magnum. mag + gunslinger perk :[]

Top Bottom