• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Resistance: Fall of Man - The Official Thread

Wollan

Whipped Spartan just posted this (from Gameinformer):

On the multiplayer side of things, things get much more interesting. If you’re tagged by a Chimerian bullseye rifle (that attaches a homing beacon), set on fire, about to get flamed from an air-fuel grenade, or zapped with an Arc Charger, you can shake yourself free.

http://www.neogaf.com/forum/showthread.php?t=127831

I guess that means that the fire trap doesn't burn you permanently? It's cool that the shake goes for weapons beside the bullseye. I can't wait to see the Arch charger in action.

thetrin

Hail, peons, for I have come as ambassador from the great and bountiful Blueberry Butt Explosion
igTedPrice said:
Yeah, now I'm worried.

How about "yes, I actually do post on Neogaf" :)

Anyway, thanks to the admins for the very flattering tag. I'll try to live up to it!

Ted

Good to have you here, Ted. Tags are a rite of passage here at GAF. Enjoy it, because it could quickly change, depending on how you act here.

I`m looking forward to Resistance on Day 1. I`m in Osaka Japan, so I`ll let you know how many japanese people knee me in the crotch to get a copy of Resistance before me. ;)

thetrin

Hail, peons, for I have come as ambassador from the great and bountiful Blueberry Butt Explosion
gogogow said:
Dengeki PS reviewed Resistance, great score.

Resistance: Jinrui Botsuraku no Hi: 90 / 90 / 100 / 100

Awesome. Great to hear. I can`t wait. 4 more days...

Captain N

I might actually be able to get my hands on a PS3 before the end of 06 and if I do this will be the first game to go in the system. It looks wicked sweet and I'm sure Multiplayer will be a blasty blast.

thetrin

Doom_Bringer said:
omg someone pleaseee change my tag!!!

Dude, your tag is so incredibly awesome, though!

BuddyC said:
Man, I wish I could say something about the game that, across the past two days, had me yelping, cursing, and fiending for more. In fact, I probably shouldn't even mention the title. But whatever I was playing, it was sure awesome, to the point where I was still seeing firefights play out when I closed my eyes.

kz1.jpg

It begins..........

Rody

Geek said:
I beat a game today. It was a good game. I played it for like 15 hours. Even though I beat it, I will still buy it. You guys should get this game. It has good multiplayer.

I saw BuddyC, too.

Was it good good or AWESOME good?

BuddyC

Geek said:
I saw BuddyC, too.
Oh cool, I didn't know you were there. Or did I? The past few days are a complete blur right now.

Where were you set up, the main presentation room, the meeting room next to the kitchen, or the secluded conference room?

Wollan

BuddyC said:
Oh cool, I didn't know you were there. Or did I? The past few days are a complete blur right now.

Where were you set up, the main presentation room, the meeting room next to the kitchen, or the secluded conference room?

BuddyC
Remembers all the punks, and the hippies too.
(Today, 07:51 AM)
Reply | Quote

You don't live up to yer tag sir.

TTP

Have a fun! Enjoy!
Does anyone know if there is an option to turn ON the motion blur in Resistance?
I think it would benefit the game a lot. Make it look more smooth and cinematic you know.

Dahbomb

Geek said:
I beat a game today. It was a good game. I played it for like 15 hours. Even though I beat it, I will still buy it. You guys should get this game. It has good multiplayer.

I saw BuddyC, too.
OH MAN YOU GUYS ARE SO TEH LUCKY!!!!111 :lol

I'm just stabbing in the dark here, but you don't think it could have something to do with motion blur resulting in too much of a performance hit to be worthwhile?

Dahbomb

AltogetherAndrews said:
I'm just stabbing in the dark here, but you don't think it could have something to do with motion blur resulting in too much of a performance hit to be worthwhile?
Imagine Lost Planet without the motion blur... I think if done right it can be quite worthwhile.

Dahbomb said:
Imagine Lost Planet without the motion blur... I think if done right it can be quite worthwhile.

Oh I'm not saying it's a useless feature, but it all depends on the tradeoff. I guess I assume all developers of action oriented games would use motion blur if the performance and feature tradeoffs were acceptable.

kaching

"GAF's biggest wanker"
Not all of us care for motion blur. I'm not sure why we'd assume that this should be some sort of standardized feature in all next-gen games, like sparks :p

AAK

Since you're online... just want to say Thanks to all @ Insomniac for making the Ratchet and Clank series. It provided some true entertainment.

And since you worked on all of the R&C's which was the most challenging to create (I asked the same thing to Paul but he joined with R&CUYA).

Geek

Ninny Prancer
BuddyC said:

I was in the room next to the kitchen. Wasn't sure that was you, but that chinstrap looked way familiar. I am neither a punk nor a hippie, so...

lunlunqq

Resistance Japanese TV spot:
mms://stream.playstation.jp/scej/cm/cm_resistance.wmv

i mean why the **** did they change the catch phrase at the end to "Play B3yond"?????? The old "PlayStashuinnnn..." was so much cooler... :(

Tieno

lunlunqq said:
Resistance Japanese TV spot:
mms://stream.playstation.jp/scej/cm/cm_resistance.wmv

i mean why the **** did they change the catch phrase at the end to "Play B3yond"?????? The old "PlayStashuinnnn..." was so much cooler... :(
I'm also sad. I love that 'Playstation' scream, great voice, very eery and catchy.

thetrin

Just went to the local game store near my office here in the boondocks outside Kobe. I secured myself a preorder of Resistance (alraedy have my PS3 preordered online). They had all the launch games in mock PS3 cases on display.

It was really interesting to see how much smaller the PS3 cases are. I don`t like the tacky bluray plastic tag jutting out of the top, but the rest of the case was pretty sexy!

I can`t wait. :D

Wollan

So did they drop the multiplayer?.. I would like to hear their impressions on it but I guess I have to wait for the review.

Top Bottom