• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Resistance: Fall of Man - The Official Thread

kaching

"GAF's biggest wanker"
JollyCorner - Yes, multiple difficulties.

Bad_Boy said:
what do you mean? there have already been two reviews, just wating on the rest I suppose. :)
OPM is the first, who's the second?

edit: Oh, right, forgot about famitsu

TheJollyCorner said:
has it been confirmed that this game will have multiple difficulty levels or just one base difficulty?

With Super Human as most difficult. Finishing the different difficulty levels wil get you bonus skins you can show of online.

Ted Price himself has yet to finish it.

Kittonwy

Banned
kaching said:
JollyCorner - Yes, multiple difficulties.

OPM is the first, who's the second?

edit: Oh, right, forgot about famitsu

I heard the hardest difficulty is going to be tough... >_<

jaypah

i just want to take this time out to say to those of you who will be playing this, day 1, on an HDTV.....screw you, from the very firey pit of my heart. i really need to upgrade my life. where's Xibit?

hopefully the lowest difficulty is friendly enough for those of us who are weaksauce @ FPS :D (and do developers still make tap-in codes for these games? I wouldn't mind using my second playthrough just running around looking at all the detail/messing around with the ragdoll physics stuff)

Geek

Ninny Prancer
kaching said:
Sounds like they might have dialed back their plans to use motion controls a bit. Doesn't sound like they implemented it for rifle butting, for example. Use it to shake off enemies but it sounds like the only other use may be in multiplayer.

Well, when you shake off enemies, you do a rifle butt. The standard one is just triangle.

But it's more often used in multiplayer (shaking off fire, looking at your map, taking auto targeting off your character, etc.).

TheJollyCorner said:
hopefully the lowest difficulty is friendly enough for those of us who are weaksauce @ FPS :D (and do developers still make tap-in codes for these games? I wouldn't mind using my second playthrough just running around looking at all the detail/messing around with the ragdoll physics stuff)

"Normal" is not very difficult. You should breeze through it on easy.

Yoshichan

And they made him a Lord of Cinder. Not for virtue, but for might. Such is a lord, I suppose. But here I ask. Do we have a sodding chance?
Off topic, but Geek, who is that girl on your avatar?

On topic: So, Resistance got (Famitsu) 9/8/8/8 and (OPM) 9/10 right?

Geek

Ninny Prancer
Seiken said:
Off topic, but Geek, who is that girl on your avatar?

On topic: So, Resistance got (Famitsu) 9/8/8/8 and (OPM) 9/10 right?

Ahyoomee from Sugar. A Korean pop group who did promotion for Sega Joypolis a while ago.

Kittonwy

Banned
kaching said:
Ted Price is weaksauce. He's even afraid to post here.

You'd better watch out, Ted Price will make you pay for that comment when Resistance goes online on the 17th.
angry.gif

kaching

"GAF's biggest wanker"
Doom_Bringer said:
he is a CEO of a growing company
Yeah, but they're total amateurs, amirite? Couldn't code their way into a good game without Naughty Dog's help. Price probably kidnapped Andy Gavin and that's why you don't see him working at ND anymore.

kaching said:
Yeah, but they're total amateurs, amirite? Couldn't code their way into a good game without Naughty Dog's help. Price probably kidnapped Andy Gavin and that's why you don't see him working at ND anymore.
how do you troll a dude that doesn't even post here?

kaching

"GAF's biggest wanker"
First of all, Ted Price does post here, just very, very rarely. He definitely lurks though.

Second, it was sarcasm, aimed at D_B's previous thoughts about Insomniac's competence as a studio. There's some history.

I wasn't trolling Ted. Well, maybe a little if it'll get him to post more.

igTedPrice

The nicest guy in games
By the way, for you neogaf pros, how does one change the moniker under one's login name? Someone added the "nicest guy inn games" to my info. While I'm very flattered, I'm far from the nicest guy in games. In fact, I'm usually not that nice. I try hard to be jaded and cynical, though it doesn't always work :)

The honor for nicest guy goes (in my opinion) to Ray Muzkya at Bioware or perhaps Brian Fleming at Suckerpunch.

Ya know, just setting the record straight.

Ted

igTedPrice said:
By the way, for you neogaf pros, how does one change the moniker under one's login name? Someone added the "nicest guy inn games" to my info. While I'm very flattered, I'm far from the nicest guy in games. In fact, I'm usually not that nice. I try hard to be jaded and cynical, though it doesn't always work :)

The honor for nicest guy goes (in my opinion) to Ray Muzkya at Bioware or perhaps Brian Fleming at Suckerpunch.

Ted

Take some cues from David Jaffe and the moniker should go away. And if that doesn't work, you could just talk about bedsharing with close relatives, as that has worked wonders for other NeoGAFers.

Bad_Boy

time to take my meds
igTedPrice said:

Ted
Most of us get our tags by saying something stupid, others get theirs for doing something stupid, and Industry guys usually get theirs depending on what they do and/or how their persona is reflected. Given to us by the great mods no less. Atleast thats what I have observed in my time being here. :p

But yeah, how about that trailer?
naughty.gif

atleast drop us a hint on the next time we will see R&C!

igTedPrice said:

I believe it was 1UP who dubbed you the nicest guy in games.

Nice to have you here.

Rody

igTedPrice said:

Ted

You can't change it. It's something the admins put there based on... a fact, maybe?

M3wThr33

Banned
SolidSnakex said:
The only way to get him to post is to ask him questions about R&C PS3. :p

Oh that's easy!

When are we getting a Captain Qwark spin-off game? The platformer comic book thingies already rocked.

Edit:
Put me in the clan!

Tieno

igTedPrice said:

Ted
Nice try, but that's so nice of you! (please post more!)

Manp

AltogetherAndrews said:
Take some cues from David Jaffe and the moniker should go away. And if that doesn't work, you could just talk about bedsharing with close relatives, as that has worked wonders for other NeoGAFers.

:lol :lol :lol

lunlunqq

:D
Nice to see you here, Ted. Please post more.

BTW, I just saw the GAF clan thing in the first post. I want to join it. I've had my ps3 and Resistance game preordered. I will be there on day 1. :D :D :D

igTedPrice

The nicest guy in games
Dante said:
Ted!! When are we gonna get R&C media??????

Hey guys,

Sorry - no specific plans to show new RC stuff yet. Not much more that I can say yet...

Also sorry that I can't be on more frequently but as we get closer to PS3 launch, things are very busy!

Ted

igTedPrice

The nicest guy in games
Oni Jazar said:
Uh oh Ted just asked for a tag change?

He'll get a good one now I'm sure.

Yeah, now I'm worried.

How about "yes, I actually do post on Neogaf" :)

Anyway, thanks to the admins for the very flattering tag. I'll try to live up to it!

Ted

Top Bottom