• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Resistance: Fall of Man - The Official Thread

lunlunqq

Oh Ted, will we be able to see you guys in online games on day 1? Sorta like what Team Kojima did with MG online, having their developers with a special tag playing online with everybody else. it'd be cool if we neoGAF clan could own
or be owned by
your Insomniac clan on day 1... :D :D :D

Dracos

Cool it's Ted.

Hey how does it feel to have the game that will go down in history as the defining launch title for the PS3? Hell if it weren't for Resistance I'm sure quite a few people would be waiting until next year to pickup a PS3 .

Pacman2k

I'll be around on day one. I'm not too good, but if you want to smack a developer around, I shouldn't be too hard to find. (Name will be 'Pac_Man', or something similar)

lunlunqq

Pacman2k said:
I'll be around on day one. I'm not too good, but if you want to smack a developer around, I shouldn't be too hard to find. (Name will be 'Pac_Man', or something similar)

haha, cool. :D :D

lynux3

We need more HD media and beautiful Resistance screens in this thread. Can't wait to play this game on Nov. 17th. Got it pre-ordered with a 60GB SKU. :)

Wollan

igTedPrice said:
Or you can just call me weaksauce... :)

Ted

protoplanets.jpg

it-came-from-outer-space-02.jpg

itcamefromouterspace1953ld.gif

Got to love a forum where you can throw a little dirt around and mention a developers name to summon them.

MarkMan

loves Arcade Sticks
It's nice to see you posting here Ted. Sent you some questions, hope you don't mind. :)

Hope the press isn't buggin' you too much lol.

igTedPrice

The nicest guy in games
Odrion said:
Ted, is there any easter eggs or references to the Rachet and Clank series in Resistance?

Hey folks,

Thanks as always for the questions. For now I'll just answer this one and then I have to run. But the answer is...yes.

Ted

Kittonwy

Banned
Wollan said:
Got to love a forum where you can throw a little dirt around and mention a developers name to summon them.

It's like they're summons/espers, you just recite a line, mention their names, and the developers will show up.

Dante

igTedPrice said:
Hey folks,

Thanks as always for the questions. For now I'll just answer this one and then I have to run. But the answer is...yes.

Ted

NICE!!!!! Unlockable mini turret glove??? How bout The Bouncer gun?? ;)

BuddyC

vissione said:
How about some info or something instead? :D
Man, I wish I could say something about the game that, across the past two days, had me yelping, cursing, and fiending for more. In fact, I probably shouldn't even mention the title. But whatever I was playing, it was sure awesome, to the point where I was still seeing firefights play out when I closed my eyes.

gbovo

BuddyC said:
Man, I wish I could say something about the game that, across the past two days, had me yelping, cursing, and fiending for more. In fact, I probably shouldn't even mention the title. But whatever I was playing, it was sure awesome, to the point where I was still seeing firefights play out when I closed my eyes.
Don't be a tease!

BuddyC said:

It rocks? PS3 GOTY? etc etc?

Bad_Boy

time to take my meds
BuddyC said:
so....mysterious. Please tell us more. :)

Kangu

Banned
BuddyC said:

I'd bet the house on it being Jaffe's new game. Seems like he delivered.

hehe I just noticed something funny: When you are walking around the telephones poles are connected with wires but when you are in a tank they aren't....

It would be cool if they had some nice wire physics going on (you could knock the poles down and interact with them or something like that)

Wollan

Doom_Bringer said:
(you could knock the poles down and interact with them or something like that)

He knocks a couple of poles down in the MasterBit movie. Or at least some street lights.

kaching

"GAF's biggest wanker"
Doom_Bringer said:
hehe I just noticed something funny: When you are walking around the telephones poles are connected with wires but when you are in a tank they aren't....

It would be cool if they had some nice wire physics going on (you could knock the poles down and interact with them or something like that)
Sounds like a critical flaw to me.

Wollan said:
He knocks a couple of poles down in the MasterBit movie. Or at least some street lights.

I know but you can't interact with the wires cause there aren't any :p So far the only engine that has that is UE 3.0

BTW those Gamespot movies are garbage. Not worth downloading

Kangu

Banned
SolidSnakex said:
Is Jaffe's games even really about firefights? It's obviously that K game. ;)

I somehow ignored the firefight bit completely. I will now bet my cardboard box that it's Haze.

BuddyC said:
Man... this is such a wierd thread for you to be posting such a seemingly random comment in...

Wollan

Pacman2k said:

9 posts since 2004. Seriously.

Wollan

g23 said:
my new favorite mag!

Are they a british tabloid mag?

Wikipedia says:

Zoo Magazine is based in Berlin, Germany and was created in 2004. Zoo focuses on fashion, art, literature and architecture and is published four times a year. The predominantly German based subject matter has recently expanded into a more international context and the magazine is now published in both English and German.

I think they have it divided so there's one 'lads' edition and one for women but I'm not sure. It looks like a 'FHM'.

Geek

Ninny Prancer
I beat a game today. It was a good game. I played it for like 15 hours. Even though I beat it, I will still buy it. You guys should get this game. It has good multiplayer.

I saw BuddyC, too.

Top Bottom