• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Resistance: Fall of Man - The Official Thread

Remy

410875923_68862a2f33_b.jpg

410876516_5e1f97dc56_b.jpg

410877054_5fd04ae803_b.jpg

410877334_9f6cc0ff26.jpg

410877540_41186271f7_b.jpg

410878343_abf2a46c34_b.jpg

410878888_4da4587243_b.jpg

410879556_a04bd4e272_b.jpg

410879944_334d65c2a0_b.jpg

Everything is here, in case you want an even larger (or smaller) version.

Remy

Big Important Announcement!

I am also pleased to announce that I am putting together a Clan GAF Resource page, meant for players to brush up on their stuff. If you're new to the game, or the clan, this blog will help you figure out what the hell is going on.

You can find the page at:
http://vjarmy.com/clangaf/

The login is "gaf", and the password is a five-letter word starting with "w" that is frequently used within the clan. (If you can't figure it out, PM me.)

If anyone wants rights to help contribute, please drop me a PM about that as well.

The Jer

tanod said:
We have 8 in our group. Do you want to do a custom game that we can join?

We started a party. But, I see you have your own party as well. We have too many for one party, though.

Also: Sorry about the slow responses. It's hard to keep up with this thread and messages and play Reistance at the same time.

Also Also: We have enough for one party. We'll join up with you guys, send us an invite.

Remy said:

I am also pleased to announce that I am putting together a Clan GAF Resource page, meant for players to brush up on their stuff. If you're new to the game, or the clan, this blog will help you figure out what the hell is going on.

The login is "gaf", and the password is a five-letter word starting with "w" that is frequently used within the clan. (If you can't figure it out, PM me.)

If anyone wants rights to help contribute, please drop me a PM about that as well.

Nice job. I actually need some of that advice for Nottingham breach. Now, do the same for the Meltdown level with the warehouses. :D

Remy

sonycowboy said:
Nice job. I actually need some of that advice for Nottingham breach. Now, do the same for the Meltdown level with the warehouses. :D

I actually have pictures taken for every Breach and Meltdown map. Just need to take the time to draw the routes on and write up strategy.

djkimothy

Remy said:

Nice effort remy. Thanks for the site.

kl

Kittonwy

Banned
Remy said:

*bookmarks*

Big-E

Good games tonight guys though I had to bail out early. Nice job on the site Remy and congrats to the 100th page of the Official Thread. Look out Oblivion :)

Ok, to celebrate the 100th page of this Resistance thread, I'm posting the avatars I made for a thread on MyRes a while ago. Another poster there made some really cool ones too, so I'm gonna post those for anyone interested. BTW, I got 10 Crawlers for that thread, when I didn't even expect it. >.>

Mine:

American1.jpg
American2.jpg
Blackhair.jpg
Blackhair1.jpg
Blackman.jpg

Blackman1.jpg
Blackops.jpg
Blackops0.jpg
BlackOpsAvatar.jpg
Brick.jpg
Brick1.jpg

Cartwright.jpg
Cartwright1.jpg
Cloven.jpg
Cloven0.jpg
Cloven1.jpg
Cloven2.jpg

Cloven3.jpg
Cloven4.jpg
Cloven5.jpg
Cloven6.jpg
Cloven7.jpg
Cloven8.jpg

Desert.jpg
Desert0.jpg
Desert1.jpg
Pilot.jpg
Shirtless.jpg
SnipedChimera.jpg

Winters.jpg
Winters1.jpg
WintersSmile.jpg

These were made for the avatar size restriction on MyResistance, so if anyone wants a bigger version, PM me and I'll make one for NeoGAF's size. Also, I'm making more avatars of Chimeras either tonight or tomorrow night.

"Bunglin" from MyResistance.net:

rfom-av1.png
rfom-av2.gif
rfom-av3.jpg
rfom-av6.jpg
rfom-av5.gif
rfom-av4.gif

rfom-av7.jpg
rfom-av8.jpg
rfom-av9.jpg
rfom-av10.jpg
rfom-av11.jpg
rfom-av12.jpg

rfom-av13.jpg
rfom-av14.jpg
rfom-av15.gif
rfom-av16.gif
rfom-av17.jpg
rfom-av18.jpg

rfom-av19.jpg
rfom-av20.jpg
rfom-av21.jpg
rfom-av22.jpg
rfom-av23.jpg
rfom-av24.jpg

rfom-av25.jpg
rfom-av26.jpg
rfom-av27.gif
rfom-av28.jpg
rfom-av29.jpg
rfom-av30.jpg

rfom-av31.jpg
rfom-av32.jpg
rfom-av33.jpg
rfom-av34.jpg
rfom-av35.jpg
rfom-av37.jpg

rfom-av38.jpg
rfom-av39.jpg

Remy

New article on the Teh GAF Of War: "Meltdown Basics". Was surprised to hear we had people who hadn't played Meltdown before, so I did a full writeup, including some tactics we haven't really talked about before.

If anyone's got feedback, here's the place for it.

PistolGrip

sex vacation in Guam
Remy said:

Infinitely grateful. Thanks Remy!

M3Freak

Banned
Here are the pictures I managed to take before I got blown away. Not everyone was in the pic though. Seems like several people were somewhere else on the map because not everyone had a headset. These pictures didn't turn out as nice either because everyone was shooting into the sky, which washed out some of the shots.

We're going to have to do these pictures again, and find a better venue.

IMG_4881.jpg

IMG_4882.jpg

IMG_4883.jpg

IMG_4884.jpg

IMG_4885.jpg

IMG_4886.jpg

IMG_4887.jpg

BTW, matches tonight were freaking awesome, especially that one breach match where we had 20 GAFers. We decided to rush their base and forget everything else - worked like a charm. Had them down and out under 5 minutes. The second round we switched tactics and took over all the nodes. They had no chance.

Got a network connection error around 11:50 p.m. and got disconnected, so I just called it a night. See you guys on Tuesday.

BTW, with more of us logging in now, clan nights are getting seriously rammed and confusing. We're going to be running two parties a night for sure.

tanod

when is my burrito
Happy 100th Page Resistance thread.

I really like how well that "20 man rush on the 1st round, take all the nodes 2nd round" strat works when you have a full party on breach. Makes for total awesomeness and funny as hell.

Awesome Pictures! Wish I hadn't missed them this time. I was in the smaller one though. :p Damn Desperate Housewives!

and

Damn GDC. Productivity at work = *farting noises*

Yeah, sorry about killing people during our photo shoot, I wasn't aiming high enough and accidentally took out three people in one blow instead of hitting the sky.

Really sorry, I wasn't trying to be a dick.

M3Freak

Banned
Remy said:

That is way too awesome, Remy. Like, wow. I'm bookmarking that and will be visiting it a lot. I think it should be our official clan web site.

BTW, the password is a little too easy to figure out. Eventually you should probably send out the login details to just the clan members via email.

Oh: check your PM again.

Kittonwy

Banned
Crackerman16 said:
Ok, to celebrate the 100th page of this Resistance thread, I'm posting the avatars I made for a thread on MyRes a while ago. Another poster there made some really cool ones too, so I'm gonna post those for anyone interested. BTW, I got 10 Crawlers for that thread, when I didn't even expect it. >.>

rfom-av16.gif

Hmm... excellent...
Indifferent2.gif

Agent X

Remy said:

You did an awesome job on this site, Remy. I've got it bookmarked now. Everyone here who has an interest in the game should check it out.

Remy said:

My name is on the spreadsheet, but not the official list.

Remy

Man, no one even noticed the guy on the ground having a heart attack in this picture:

410879944_334d65c2a0_b.jpg

Akachan: Fixing right now before I go to bed.

The Jer

M3Freak said:
matches tonight were freaking awesome, especially that one breach match where we had 20 GAFers. We decided to rush their base and forget everything else - worked like a charm. Had them down and out under 5 minutes. The second round we switched tactics and took over all the nodes. They had no chance.

Best game EVER.

20 Gaffers on 20.

That 20 man rush was wicked pretty. The next round we split up and hit all the nodes easily, since most of the other team was staying back to defend the "rush that never happened." After that it was the usual "everyone attack, spawn on squad" that keeps the opponnent from never even being able to leave thier base. I wish that were video-taped or something. Wicked pretty.

M3Freak

Banned
The Jer said:
Best game EVER.

20 Gaffers on 20.

That 20 man rush was wicked pretty. The next round we split up and hit all the nodes easily, since most of the other team was staying back to defend the "rush that never happened." After that it was the usual "everyone attack, spawn on squad" that keeps the opponnent from never even being able to leave thier base. I wish that were video-taped or something. Wicked pretty.

Since the PS3 has a HD, games absolutely have to have these two features:

1. in game picture taking
2. game recording

Then, obviously, the game has to have an easy to take that media off. There really is no excuse not to include this stuff.

I've been considering borrowing my sister's digital video recorder and taping one of our matches. I'll try to hook it up for this Tuesday, or maybe the weekend.

Bad_Boy

time to take my meds
M3Freak said:
lol thats me on the stairs with the rocket right in front of the camera. :p

Anyways, great games tonight. Nice job on that site Remy. 100th page couldnt be any better. :D Interesting how that worked out.

So I finished playing the campaign and I must say that it was a pretty solid game all through out. (oh and Garnett is waaay off in saying the weapons lack "punch" without rumble, those are some very beefy samples)
And the 2nd half of the game was gorgeous, best snow particle effect ever. I hope that for I have only two demands for the sequel:
1: that it take place during the winter.
2: please, please, please allow for M&K support. Just make it a a server side option and make a filter for it.

TTP

Have a fun! Enjoy!
hey, how was the frame rate with all those people in such a close vicinity?

If there are 40 gaffers, you should split in two teams and gather in one spot :D

Remy said:

Nice site. It took me a minute to figure out the five letter word, I guess it is kind of early. :lol

Top Bottom