• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Resistance: Fall of Man - The Official Thread

Kaz_Harai would get owned by Phil_Harrison. I think Ken_Kutaragi would destroy them both with his amazing JP skills. Then I'd whoop all their butts... :D

garrickk

What was up with the mics tonight? It's hard to play breach without communications. Occasionally, I would hear someone speak, but they would usually be asking if anyone could hear them...I tried to answer. Frustrating.

akachan ningen said:
Good games tonight. I left all of a sudden because I saw the words Nottingham and Breach appear.

:lol

garrickk said:
What was up with the mics tonight? It's hard to play breach without communications. Occasionally, I would hear someone speak, but they would usually be asking if anyone could hear them...I tried to answer. Frustrating.

Mics seem to lose connection very often when I play with GAF. I think when a party has too many people in it, the connection with the voicechat gets screwy at times.

When I game with GAF, I usually have to pull my USB cord and reconnect my headset at least 5 times each session. But when not playing on GAF nights, I would almost never lose headset connectivity.

Bad_Boy

time to take my meds
Chris_C said:
Wowsers, I got hosed Sooooo many times by Bad_Boy tonight. I actually started avoiding him altogether!:lol
:lol

Glad we finally got to play. I'm far from the best guy in the clan so you got bigger problems to worry about than just me. ;)

just joking, after a few more nights of gaf clan gaming, you'll be as good as everybody else no worries.

Anyways, great games tonight indeed. :D

Kittonwy

Banned
Wow, that's like four hours of Resistance there. I would play more but I think teh beers have gotten teh better of me, I was lying on the carpet trying to aim but it wasn't very helpful. Anyway it's nice to end on a win, so awesome. With the occasional clan custom games breaking up the ranked breach/meltdown matches, things are interesting again.

Indifferent2.gif

Aeon712

Resistance was fun up until my phone call during the Gaf vs Gaf match. I finally won a custom gaf match and Click wasnt there :(.

Aeon712 said:
Resistance was fun up until my phone call during the Gaf vs Gaf match. I finally won a custom gaf match and Click wasnt there :(.

Umm... what does that mean? LOL...

I hate not being able to play with GAF on the weekends. We really need to make GAF nights on weeknights more often.

Aeon712

Crackerman16 said:
Umm... what does that mean? LOL...

I hate not being able to play with GAF on the weekends. We really need to make GAF nights on weeknights more often.
I've wanted to beat you since I first got the game and had like 200kills and you had 8,000 :lol

Aeon712 said:
I've wanted to beat you since I first got the game and had like 200kills and you had 8,000 :lol

HAHA!
So I'm like your target? I mean, I'm good, but I'm not THAT good. :lol

Plus, a lot of GAFers are now very experienced too and are really good at this game.

patsu

The custom game is interesting and fun. I also like how it spaces out the regular Breach/Meltdown sessions.

My Kill Death just went down a few notches playing against some of you (Gahh !). But I think the fun is worth it.

I definitely spent too much time playing today. May not be able to join you guys tomorrow, but I would like to appear in the group photo :) Gimme a ping when you guys are ready to shoot. I should be in the Lobby as usual.

Big-E

patsu said:
The custom game is interesting and fun. I also like how it spaces out the regular Breach/Meltdown sessions.

My Kill Death just went down a few notches playing against some of you (Gahh !). But I think the fun is worth it.

I definitely spent too much time playing today. May not be able to join you guys tomorrow, but I would like to appear in the group photo :) Gimme a ping when you guys are ready to shoot. I should be in the Lobby as usual.

Same here, I got a lot of work to do but should be good for the photo.

bigswords

Guys wondering have you ever encountered this issue in Resistance online?

http://www.myresistance.net/smf/index.php?topic=7955.0

This happened to me on a couple of occasions and I would like for an administrator to briefly explain to me why this is happening. The game freezes but not the system, because when I hold the PS3 button, I can hear the beeps as I scroll.

Its happened thus far soley in Unranked games, usually with 30+ people in the game. Its happened four times since I got the PS3 and just recently I came about something very important regarding the issue. When it happens, it happens to everyone in the game!!!

For example, I was playing a breach game today with several clan members when the game froze up. So I manually shutdwon and when I came back online I noticed that all the same clan members were now offline! So then I checked for unranked games and the breach game was missing... After speaking with my clan members once they got back online they described the same situation to me.

patsu

Not sure whether it's the same situation but there was one Team Deathmatch 1-2 days ago (where I ran into [GAF]Pewp on the opposing team). I respawned (Pewp killed me :( ) but could not move at all. Then suddenly my network disconnected. Don't know whether the game was still going on when I went offline.

bigswords

patsu said:
Not sure whether it's the same situation but there was one Team Deathmatch 1-2 days ago (where I ran into [GAF]Pewp on the opposing team). I respawned (Pewp killed me :( ) but could not move at all. Then suddenly my network disconnected. Don't know whether the game was still going on when I went offline.

Hmm sounds different as the game is totally locked up, couldnt do anything. Although you can hold the PS button and hear the sounds but the only way to quit the game was to hold down the power button.

davepoobond

you can't put a price on sparks
bigswords said:
Guys wondering have you ever encountered this issue in Resistance online?

http://www.myresistance.net/smf/index.php?topic=7955.0

nothing like that, but there was that one match we had where we saw everyone else as dead, but we could still walk around and the voice chat still worked. everyone was saying stuff about how everyone was dead. the UI was gone, too.

and then all of our systems locked up and we all had to reboot

BeEatNU

WORLDSTAAAAAAR
Crackerman16 said:
HAHA!
So I'm like your target? I mean, I'm good, but I'm not THAT good. :lol

Plus, a lot of GAFers are now very experienced too and are really good at this game.

Like me for example :D

Just picked up my 60GB PS3 and Resistance today! Just started going through the single player...so far, so good!

PLAYSTATION® Network ID: CatalystZero

patsu said:

Just to let you know, Custom games' K/D ratio doesn't count towards/against your Ranked stats. Not sure if you knew or not...

davepoobond said:
i actually got first place in a couple of breach/meltdown matches today. quite amazing.

Not to burst your bubble or bust on ya, but getting first, second, third, etc. in Breach and Meltdown doesn't mean as much as it does in (Team) Deathmatch. It mostly means you were able to successfully rush their reactor and take out the nodes (for Breach) or was able to capture/defend more nodes than others. But congratulations anyway. :)

davepoobond

Crackerman16 said:
Not to burst your bubble or bust on ya, but getting first, second, third, etc. in Breach and Meltdown doesn't mean as much as it does in (Team) Deathmatch. It mostly means you were able to successfully rush their reactor and take out the nodes (for Breach) or was able to capture/defend more nodes than others. But congratulations anyway. :)

oh i know.

and i dont care!!! :D

its a team effort in those games anyhow.

Aeon712

frAntic_Frog said:
just finished the singleplayer game, and i have one question....WHO WERE THE CLOVEN????
very nice game, otherwise
All intel points to them being Russians that hunt both Chimera and Humans. You never see one in single player but if you play online they are the pale looking people.

SleazyC

Besides that last game tonight was pretty much flawless. Aside from that 1 hour deathmatch where new people kept joining in.

Remy

A few notes I've got from last night:

- I apologize deeply for the 2-round 20 minute 10-life deathmatch on a map too large to handle such a game. No custom game I make will ever be 20 minutes again, no matter what the game mode.
- I think last night might've been the first time we kept the same party together for 3.5 hours. No major network glitches or crashes or anything. Whee.
- People, seriously, get headsets. It is critical for team objective games that everyone be able to hear, call out attacks, call out spots to be defended, etc. When we split in half for that custom breach game, my half only had 3 people talking, including myself. It's really hard to have a coordinated front without being able to communicate to all members. If you have a headset, join Squad X-Ray (in the pause menu) as soon as the round starts.

Some notes for JStevenson:

I think most of the clan has come to the conclusion that Chimera vs. Chimera Team DM is less than thrilling. Maybe it's because you can't be sure until a few seconds after the game starts (no, you can't check in staging when the game starts immediately), maybe it's because every Chimera has the exact same skin, maybe it's because it's two rounds of exactly the same scenario...whatever the cause, it's less enjoyable than Chimera vs. Human Team DM (as said last night, THE WAY GOD INTENDED!)

Possible solutions:
- Make the second round human vs. human.
- Let people pick a load-out for their Chimera, or at least a skin (this is a pipe dream, I realize)
- Display the race balance (Chimera vs. Chimera) on the loading screen

Finally, whoever decided at Insomniac that clan members should always be able to join your private custom games deserves a beer. Made last night so effortless.

I have more to post, but I have to go eat.

Kittonwy

Banned
Remy said:
Some notes for JStevenson:

I think most of the clan has come to the conclusion that Chimera vs. Chimera Team DM is less than thrilling. Maybe it's because you can't be sure until a few seconds after the game starts (no, you can't check in staging when the game starts immediately), maybe it's because every Chimera has the exact same skin, maybe it's because it's two rounds of exactly the same scenario...whatever the cause, it's less enjoyable than Chimera vs. Human Team DM (as said last night, THE WAY GOD INTENDED!)

Possible solutions:
- Make the second round human vs. human.
- Let people pick a load-out for their Chimera, or at least a skin (this is a pipe dream, I realize)
- Display the race balance (Chimera vs. Chimera) on the loading screen

Finally, whoever decided at Insomniac that clan members should always be able to join your private custom games deserves a beer. Made last night so effortless.

I have more to post, but I have to go eat.

I wonder if they will start letting people earn chimera skins, maybe we can have chimera ranks now that so many people are supreme commanders.
Indifferent2.gif

Aeon712

Kittonwy said:
I wonder if they will start letting people earn chimera skins, maybe we can have chimera ranks now that so many people are supreme commanders.
Indifferent2.gif
That would be cool if your Chimerian rank determined your skin but it would be funny seeing a bunch of Menials running around the map in rage mode:lol

davepoobond

Remy said:
If you have a headset, join Squad X-Ray (in the pause menu) as soon as the round starts.

????

i never even knew you had to do this. i thought everyone just didn't talk during games.

tanod

when is my burrito
Aeon712 said:
I just started playing Super Human and am getting that urge to throw my controller again.

I just started playing Hard and am actually having MORE fun with it than I did at the easier difficulties. What you're saying kind of makes me wary of trying Superhuman.

I think part of what makes the harder difficulties better for me are:
1)They are supposed to be hard so I don't get as frustrated when I die.
2)It's sufficient enough of a difficulty for me so that I can't do stupid things and get away with it like rushing in to a group of enemies with an underpowered weapon (seems more fair)
3)I've been able to appreciate the level design a lot more. It completely changes the way you have to work your way through a level (almost creating a "right" way to do it)

If I threw my controllers (which is not at all) as much as I swear (which is A LOT), I'd be a very poor man with no games. :\

Kittonwy

Banned
tanod said:
I just started playing Hard and am actually having MORE fun with it than I did at the easier difficulties. What you're saying kind of makes me wary of trying Superhuman.

2)It's sufficient enough of a difficulty for me so that I can't do stupid things and get away with it like rushing in to a group of enemies with an underpowered weapon (seems more fair)
3)I've been able to appreciate the level design a lot more. It completely changes the way you have to work your way through a level (almost creating a "right" way to do it)

If I threw my controllers (which is not at all) as much as I swear (which is A LOT), I'd be a very poor man with no games. :\

Superhuman basically emphasized each of the things you've mentioned even more, it makes you think about how you would approach a level and become more judicious in terms of weapon selection. That's something I love about Resistance, it's that I'm always provided with all the tools to beat the levels even on Superhuman.
Indifferent2.gif

tanod

when is my burrito
What time are we doing the picture tonight?

If we haven't set an official time, may I propose 7PST/9CST/10EST. Once we get it figured out, somebody should also bump the seperate thread (MASHUP) dedicated to getting people there.

Aeon712

tanod said:

I've yet to throw a controller, though I have dropped it on my bed out of frustration :). So far Superhuman has been a blast, although I've learned that I suck with the
reapers

Remy

tanod said:
What time are we doing the picture tonight?

If we haven't set an official time, may I propose 7PST/9CST/10EST. Once we get it figured out, somebody should also bump the seperate thread (MASHUP) dedicated to getting people there.

I concur with Mr. Tanod.

I am also working on a clan resource page that may or may not be useful - anyone who wants to weigh in and see it early, send me a PM.

LJ11

davepoobond said:
????

i never even knew you had to do this. i thought everyone just didn't talk during games.

I knew something was wrong when you were talking during that long deathmatch but went silent from that point on

M3Freak

Banned
davepoobond said:
????

Holy shit man. I don't know how many times someone has typed that out in the party lobby screen. Guess you just missed it.

Anyway, now you know. And, you're missing out on a lot - the game is completely different when you're able to communicate - night and day.

Core407

Banned
What the hell is with this game. I've gone to three different shops and they're all sold out.

Edit:

Does anyone play this on an SDTV? My monitor won't be here for a week probably so I'm planning on just playing online matches until it gets here.

Big-E

Core407 said:
What the hell is with this game. I've gone to three different shops and they're all sold out.

Haven't you heard? There are no more copies anymore cause it was sent to die.

M3Freak

Banned
Here's everyone's reminder about tonight's special meet up. All the details you'll need are in here:

http://www.neogaf.com/forum/showthread.php?t=143969&highlight=mashup

I'd also like to remind all of you that tonight we're going to try out the big team picture (the cat's out of the bag, so I'm not talking in code anymore). Our goal is to have at least 30 people online, but the ideal would be 40. That way we can run two GAF parties at the same time, and also do custom games. One of those custom games will be where we take the picture.

We'll be co-ordinating the whole thing in this thread since not everyone has headsets, and since we're going to have two parties, we won't all be able to talk with each other. If anyone uses MSN Messenger / AIM / ICQ, whatever, I suggest you use that too. Mine:

MSN Messenger: m3freak@thesandhufamily.ca
AIM: m3freak@thesandhufamily.ca

It can take some time for everyone to sign on. So, the picture time is hereby set to 9:30 p.m. EST. You should still sign in at 9:00 pm EST, if you can (as usual).

Aside: I have to make sure my wife doesn't use the t.v. tonight to watch Desperate Housewives. Yikes....hopefully that works out. :)

Top Bottom