• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Resistance: Fall of Man - The Official Thread

BeEatNU

WORLDSTAAAAAAR
The Jer said:
ummm..... The african american guy in the leather commando uniform with the shotgun, front and center, is me.

hmmmm then where the hell am I?

I always play the black guy "African american" because i'm black its always been a habit, but anywho where the hell am I?!

Smokey

g35twinturbo said:
hmmmm then where the hell am I?

I always play the black guy "African american" because i'm black its always been a habit, but anywho where the hell am I?!

Guess there will end up being 3 of us in the clan(I just got accepted). I'm black(if you can't tell by my GAF name:) ), and so is my character online.

davepoobond

you can't put a price on sparks
Smokey Bones said:
Guess there will end up being 3 of us in the clan(I just got accepted). I'm black(if you can't tell by my GAF name:) ), and so is my character online.

sounds like my high school

BeEatNU

WORLDSTAAAAAAR
Smokey Bones said:

HA! Smokey bones is an awesome name :lol :lol

Big-E said:
Good games tonight guys. I don't think we've ever had over 20 for a Tuesday night. Too bad there were a couple of breakdowns in the game and two cheaters but all in all it was a good night.

The Jer said:
I was at 9 kills in a row when I got killed by that guy in the wall. Very frustrating. I've gotten to 9 kills about a dozen times now, but never to 10....

Yeah, that Manchester game with the cheaters and LAARK camper wasn't too fun. I actually caught the entire team trying to do the glitch. Right before they could get into the wall, I blasted 2 of them with the shotgun. But then after I killed them, the 2 already in the wall killed me.

Glitching/cheating/intentional lagging seems to be an increasing problem. I've never seen people get into walls/solid objects before in this game and are able to shoot regular bullets out of it, not just Augers. I hope the idiots I reported get caught when they try to do it again. But a 24 hour ban seems like a slap on the wrist... that is, IF IG can even catch them.

Oh, one of the glitchers messaged me after the game and said we sucked. I responded by calling them a cheater. And he said: "naw, I don't do that." BTW, their names were l_lnkown and Miller30.

Anyway, good games tonight. See y'all in-game next week.

Big-E

I never saw Unknown in the game but I did see Miller and I made damn sure to put a Fareye bullet into his skull.

Big-E said:
I never saw Unknown in the game but I did see Miller and I made damn sure to put a Fareye bullet into his skull.

You never saw him cuz he was in that wall, sniping most of the time. He came in first with like 45+ kills and 15 deaths. Check out his profile:

http://myresistance.net/ostat.php?pname=l_lnknown

I wonder how many of those 10,000+ kills came from glitching. He's got a 2.34 K/D ratio by cheating, I bet.

I would've never spotted them glitching if it wasn't Chimera vs. Chimera.

BeEatNU

WORLDSTAAAAAAR
Crackerman16 said:
Yeah, that Manchester game with the cheaters and LAARK camper wasn't too fun. I actually caught the entire team trying to do the glitch. Right before they could get into the wall, I blasted 2 of them with the shotgun. But then after I killed them, the 2 already in the wall killed me.

Glitching/cheating/intentional lagging seems to be an increasing problem. I've never seen people get into walls/solid objects before in this game and are able to shoot regular bullets out of it, not just Augers. I hope the idiots I reported get caught when they try to do it again. But a 24 hour ban seems like a slap on the wrist... that is, IF IG can even catch them.

Oh, one of the glitchers messaged me after the game and said we sucked. I responded by calling them a cheater. And he said: "naw, I don't do that." BTW, their names were l_lnkown and Miller30.

Anyway, good games tonight. See y'all in-game next week.

I remember somebody doing a wall glitch on the boat level also when i was "following" them. I was like wtf are they doing, then i spawned in so I didn't get the full idea on what was going on.

Crackerman16 said:

The guy's name was I&I[_]nknown or [I&I][_]nknown or something like that. (Is I&I a clan?) Yeah. He was shooting out of walls.

He knew what he was doing. He knew he was cheating.

Smokey

g35twinturbo said:
HA! Smokey bones is an awesome name :lol :lol

:lol Thank ya. Is there anyway to change your PSN name?

I'm on right now but just wanted to give a heads up. Since I'm new to the clan and if by some random chance you decide to look at my stats(I'm dbswisha) and see the horrible win/loss ratio, it's because I only play deathmatch games the majority of the time because I can't stand playing with random people. Get in a quite a few 30+ deathmatch games and it's pretty hard to come in first consistently, but I do end up placing in the top 5 just about everytime:D

Nobody answered about the mics though. Do the majority of the people in the clan use them?

Pristine_Condition said:
The guy's name was I&I[_]nknown or [I&I][_]nknown or something like that. (Is I&I a clan?) Yeah. He was shooting out of walls.

He knew what he was doing. He knew he was cheating.

It was 2 lower case Ls, not brackets.

Kittonwy

Banned
Smokey Bones said:

I'm on right now but just wanted to give a heads up. Since I'm new to the clan and if by some random chance you decide to look at my stats(I'm dbswisha) and see the horrible win/loss ratio, it's because I only play deathmatch games the majority of the time because I can't stand playing with random people. Get in a quite a few 30+ deathmatch games and it's pretty hard to come in first consistently, but I do end up placing in the top 5 just about everytime:D

Nobody answered about the mics though. Do the majority of the people in the clan use them?

Yeah pretty much, I prefer typing on my keyboard in the lobby though.
Indifferent2.gif

RAWR.

JB1981

Crackerman16 said:
You never saw him cuz he was in that wall, sniping most of the time. He came in first with like 45+ kills and 15 deaths. Check out his profile:

http://myresistance.net/ostat.php?pname=l_lnknown

I wonder how many of those 10,000+ kills came from glitching. He's got a 2.34 K/D ratio by cheating, I bet.

I would've never spotted them glitching if it wasn't Chimera vs. Chimera.

permban, JS. Do it. TAKE NO PRISONERS. ;)

BeEatNU

WORLDSTAAAAAAR
Smokey Bones said:

I've noticed a good hand full of people use them ( i know i do), but add me sometime PSN= g35twinturbo

Crackerman16 said:
It was 2 lower case Ls, not brackets.

Yep. You are right. That's the douchebag cheater right there.

Big-E said:
Just checked out my stats and I am currently 495 in Sniper kills. I finally made the leaderboard :)

Had a fun time sniping with you guys tonight. I'm starting to get the hang of it at last. I prefer to have a have a high sensitivity setting (I'm set at 7) so it took me a little while to get used to the fine movements, but now I like it, because I can get on a new target fast.

Might set mine down to 5 or so and see if that's closer to the sweet spot for me. I'm not getting snuck up on from behind as much as I used to, so maybe I can get away with it.

JB1981 said:
permban, JS. Do it. TAKE NO PRISONERS. ;)

They'll only give a 24 hour ban IF they catch them cheating... without a shadow of a doubt. The chance that in-game mods catch them cheating is very slim. 24 hour ban is nothing and is basically useless. I don't get why Insomniac is so afraid to punish cheaters who get caught.

Speaking of JS, where the hell has he been? I haven't seen him here or in-game for so long. >.>

JB1981

Crackerman16 said:
They'll only give a 24 hour ban IF they catch them cheating... without a shadow of a doubt. The chance that in-game mods catch them cheating is very slim. 24 hour ban is nothing and is basically useless. I don't get why Insomniac is so afraid to punish cheaters who get caught.

Speaking of JS, where the hell has he been? I haven't seen him here or in-game for so long. >.>

he's at GDC bar-hoppin' with che

Big-E

Crackerman16 said:

He is at GDC.

EDIT: Beaten.

Just beat the single player game. Wow, that took a long time.

Just out of curiousity, is there anywhere I can go that can help elaborate on the storyline more? I want to know about
who the Cloven are and why special ops guys were all over Hale at the end

tanod

when is my burrito
Cold-Steel said:
Just beat the single player game. Wow, that took a long time.

Just out of curiousity, is there anywhere I can go that can help elaborate on the storyline more? I want to know about
who the Cloven are and why special ops guys were all over Hale at the end

RFOMPS3.com has a bunch of neat back story stuff and fleshes out the alternate history.

Click said:

In JS's post on myresistance.net about cheaters, he lays out a specific process to report cheaters. He also said that they can have mods go into any game at any time as observers without any players knowing. I believe you have to send a PM with the username and what they were doing to "cheaters" on MyResistance.net.

EDIT: Penalties also get progressively worse.

jstevenson

Sailor Stevenson
Crackerman16 said:
LOL, but where has he been the past 3+ weeks? >.>

Well, gdc this week, podcast last week, and i got my 360 back from repair the week before that so i was making up for some lost time.

also... the cheating policy will hammer those who are repeat offenders.

well, in line for phil's keynote, but wanted to say hi from my phone.

tanod said:
In JS's post on myresistance.net about cheaters, he lays out a specific process to report cheaters. He also said that they can have mods go into any game at any time as observers without any players knowing. I believe you have to send a PM with the username and what they were doing to "cheaters" on MyResistance.net.

EDIT: Penalties also get progressively worse.

Yes, I know all of that. =P
You actually have to send the PM to "cheating" on MyRes, not "cheaters." I did it twice last night...

jstevenson said:
Well, gdc this week, podcast last week, and i got my 360 back from repair the week before that so i was making up for some lost time.

Busy man. You better be back in-game next week. :)

jstevenson said:
also... the cheating policy will hammer those who are repeat offenders.

I still think that a 24 hour initial ban is a joke of a punishment. And repeat offenders should be permabanned. Increasing the length of ban is what you do to bad forum users, not CHEATERS in an online videogame, when they ruin the experience of other gamers on purpose.

Oh, and I think there should be an in-game reporting system. Having to log onto MyRes to send a PM takes a while. I died once last night trying to report the cheaters. ><

Anyway, I think it great that you guys are trying to crackdown on cheating. But there needs to be harsher punishments and a better way to report cheaters. Good luck with all of this though. I hope it works out and you guys can keep cheating to a minimum in Resistance.

jstevenson said:
well, in line for phil's keynote, but wanted to say hi from my phone.

LOL, lucky bastard.

davepoobond

you can't put a price on sparks
sutdawg said:
My headset is on the way! Should be delivered, I'm hoping by Saturday.
:)

sutdawg, i just want to say you're really really good ::tear:: you kill me all the time in DMs

Big-E

Pristine_Condition said:
Had a fun time sniping with you guys tonight. I'm starting to get the hang of it at last. I prefer to have a have a high sensitivity setting (I'm set at 7) so it took me a little while to get used to the fine movements, but now I like it, because I can get on a new target fast.

Might set mine down to 5 or so and see if that's closer to the sweet spot for me. I'm not getting snuck up on from behind as much as I used to, so maybe I can get away with it.

I started playing the game at default 4 for the longest time. Recently I started using 9 but didn't like that for sniping. Right now I am using 2. The only bad thing about this is if you got chimera strafing you in rage mode its really hard to get a gun on him.

tanod

when is my burrito
Big-E said:
I started playing the game at default 4 for the longest time. Recently I started using 9 but didn't like that for sniping. Right now I am using 2. The only bad thing about this is if you got chimera strafing you in rage mode its really hard to get a gun on him.

I've found that 6 is the sweet spot for me in sensitivity.

Can turn around fast enough that I can have a chance of surviving if someone sneaks up on me. Can also keep a bead on a Chimera in rage mode.

sutdawg

davepoobond said:
sutdawg, i just want to say you're really really good ::tear:: you kill me all the time in DMs

Thanks davepoobond, you're going to make me cry... I'll try not to kill you as much in DM.
:lol

I have my sensitivity set to 7. It was real tough getting used to at first(I probably would have changed it if I wasn't so lazy) but I'm pretty happy with it now.

I wouldn't mind getting a game with you guys sometime when you're not having a clan only night... sounds like a lot of fun, do you have any scheduled nights like that?

igRossMcIntosh said:
I wouldn't mind getting a game with you guys sometime when you're not having a clan only night... sounds like a lot of fun, do you have any scheduled nights like that?

Oh my. Another IG employee on GAF! Woot! The "HUD, Menus, and Multiplayer Programmer" to be exact... :D

Yeah, Ross. We have clan nights. They're Tuesday, Saturday, and Sunday nights starting at 6 PM PST / 9 PM EST. They usually last for 3-4 hours. Hope to see a [GAF] tag next to your name!

The Jer

igRossMcIntosh said:

We don't have "bring your neighbor" nights or anything if that's what you mean. :)

The meet-up times are pretty "casual." We usually have been dropping in and out throught the evening/night. If you need an invite to the party/game and I'm on, feel free to send me a message - PSN: TheJer

Crackerman16 said:
Oh my. Another IG employee on GAF! Woot! The "HUD, Menus, and Multiplayer Programmer" to be exact... :D

Yeah, Ross. We have clan nights. They're Tuesday, Saturday, and Sunday nights starting at 6 PM PST / 9 PM EST. They usually last for 3-4 hours. Hope to see a [GAF] tag next to your name!

Well, I wasn't planning on leaving [AoD]... among other reasons, its too useful to have everyone from work already in my clanlist, but I was saying I'd like to play with you guys sometimes.

Remy

My personal experience (and ethics) have always been that if there's room in the party for someone non-clan, and someone else asks to invite them in, it's not a problem.

So add some of us as friends, Ross, and pop us a message next time you see us on. I'm RemyVJA.

patsu

igRossMcIntosh said:
Well, I wasn't planning on leaving [AoD]... among other reasons, its too useful to have everyone from work already in my clanlist, but I was saying I'd like to play with you guys sometimes.

Oh ok ! Don't forget to bring your HailStorm and Reaper to the games. We would like to touch them. :)

JB1981

Wollan said:
Direct YouTube link of the Russian video:

http://www.youtube.com/v/KQWbqtL7FOs

is that an official video? 'cause that was ****ing cool.

man, i hope the second game has environments with scale like that. crawlers streaming down the top of the Empire State Building in the sequel FTW!

after watching this video, i think the sequel needs to be a lot more gritty. the world in resistance is much too clean.

Bad_Boy

time to take my meds
ZorMi said:
whoa, that was awesome. Was that an official sony/insomniac trailer or fanmade? They need to have that in every single resistance commercial.

JB1981 said:
after watching this video, i think the sequel needs to be a lot more gritty. the world in resistance is much too clean.
Yeah I can agree with that. Maybe a stylized gritty filter on the camera or something. I think it needs something to give it a little more style. It doesnt have to be black and white, but just something that sets it apart more.

Top Bottom