• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Resistance: Fall of Man - The Official Thread

Kittonwy

Banned
M3Freak said:
Yeah, I'd prefer the new maps now too, especially since it's still winter and I don't have to be outside to so spring/summer stuff around the house. Come May, playing on clan nights will be much harder.

That said, I'm just happy new maps are coming out at all. Hopefully a couple more maps are released later in the year, say around the 1 year anniversary.

How about the new modes though, are they coming this month? It would be nice to play something other than TDM/Breach/Meltdown, assault and team conversion would be a nice change. I'm really only interested in clan play so team conversion would likely be the only place where I can play conversion while in a ranked game since I would be playing with gaf.
Indifferent2.gif

calder

Got my headset working tonight, played online with my brother and a friend for a couple of hours, then played the single player for a few more levels. This is really such a great freaking game, I almost like the SP game more right now, mainly because I still don't know what some of the weapons do (and have no clue on most maps :lol). But man, the online matches are intense. :D

I kept yelling at my brother every time I died. Called him Tristan and told him I hope our family never forgives him for what happened... let's see who gets that reference. ;)

M3Freak

Banned
Kittonwy said:
How about the new modes though, are they coming this month? It would be nice to play something other than TDM/Breach/Meltdown, assault and team conversion would be a nice change. I'm really only interested in clan play so team conversion would likely be the only place where I can play conversion while in a ranked game since I would be playing with gaf.
Indifferent2.gif

The new modes are coming out on PS3 Euro launch day, dude!! That's this week, isn't it? We should be able to try the new modes on the weekend!!

Kittonwy

Banned
M3Freak said:
The new modes are coming out on PS3 Euro launch day, dude!! That's this week, isn't it? We should be able to try the new modes on the weekend!!

That's awesome. I can't wait to try out the new modes.
Indifferent2.gif

Big-E

M3Freak said:

Can't wait for assault. Team conversion I don't think I will care for. Having team mates around you won't have that same feeling as being all alone, unless its 20 against 1.

can we at least get a multiplayer map or a game mode where users can hop into a jeep/tank/stalker and blast the other team? seems like vehicles are flavor du jour now in multiplayer games (see Halo/BF2/SOCOM/UnrealT).......it would really help the variety and replay value of the online mode especially

J-Rzez

M3Freak said:

OOoooh... that'll be nice to have the new modes! Can't wait! I really gotta unrustify myself, hehe... Once a week isn't doing it for me... :(

I suppose the maps and what not are at a cost?

What types of demos are up for us to download when the PS3 hits on Friday?
What’s the average cost of a PSN game? Or bonus content?

I’ve also seen quite a few trailers for this game now and i’m impressed. I’ve had a 360 which i got rid of 6mths or so ago, and there’s no way you can tell me that 360 can hit this level of visuals?
If this is what we get this year i cry to myself thinking about what will come (I’m not a graphics whore but you gotta appreciate this shit man!)

Kittonwy

Banned
owned.jpg

^^ This is what happens when you run into the wedge of gaf.
Indifferent2.gif

Give it up or be pwn3d!!!
Indifferent2.gif

RAWR!!!
angry.gif

Tonight is...

TUESDAY NIGHT!!! WE SHALL DISPENSE PWNAGE LIKE A PEZ DISPENSER DISPENSES... PEZ!!!
Indifferent2.gif

Don't forget about the scheduled game tonight at 6pm PST..

Reposted for great justice:

ChimNeoGAF.jpg

List of people who clearly posted their PSN tag in this thread (for US version of Resistance):

NeoGAF name: - PSN tag: - Time Zone:

kaching - kaching (NeoGAF US Clan-leader, PM your details)

Clan roster: http://spreadsheets.google.com/pub?key=p62Ro_nUUSfscF9g032W-Aw

ResistanceGAF00.jpg

For all the Noobs

TO JOIN:

1) LOGIN to Resistance MP online at least one time.

2) LEAVE any clan you are in right now.

3) PM kaching on NEOGAF to get added to the clan roster.

4) WAIT a couple days for him to get back to you.

5) In the meantime if you want to play with the clan, send one of the gaffers a buddy invite (please tell him you are from gaf) so he can get you invited to the party. ^_^

ResClan.gif

Standard meet up times (for whenever you have the opportunity):

Tuesdays 6pm PST

Saturdays 6pm PST

Sundays 6pm PST

(Monday Jan 29th: Times adjusted slightly in favor of the ESTeemed)

[NEW] CLAN PAGE!!!

Recently updated with news, including the new ban policy, please visit and read.

http://vjarmy.com/clangaf/

The login is "gaf", and the password is a five-letter word starting with "w" that is frequently used within the clan. (If you can't figure it out, PM Remy.)

If anyone wants rights to help contribute, please drop Remy a PM about that as well.

Suggestions suggest(!) that creating parties and going into ranked games together would be the preferred thing to do for the meet ups. So no longer do the first one to get online create a room but instead invite everyone to a party. This however makes it very important that you're all a part of the NeoGAF clan (pm kaching with details, make sure you've logged on to Resistance online at least once before) or simply have all folks listed above on your friend list. Again, the first one to get online should start a party and invite the others as they come online.

Also, it has come to my attention that over 20 people have started to show up for these meetups and that means one party is not enough. If that is the case then one of you simply need to create a second party. If you're the party leader (of either) then posting your details in this thread would be helpful.

The Wedge tactic explained:

The "flying wedge" is the term given to our tendency to mob together in a violent swarm and shoot the everliving hell out of anyone who dares get near us. It leads to multiple assists per kill which leads to a 20-60% increase in points. 16 points for a kill is far better than 10!

It does not, despite its name, resemble a true flying wedge - although generally whoever is at the front of the pack will get gunned down while those behind break through and destroy the opposition. So maybe it's not completely inaccurate.

Also people, it would be a big plus if everyone invested in a headset. For headset details and recommendations, follow this link. Good group play is helped by using your headset to report in changes that occur in the heat of battle. Enemy groups, Snipers, Node status and so forth.

A great addition
was made to http://www.myresistance.net on Monday Feb 5th in the form of leaderboards viewable straight from the site. It's time to get famous or die trying.

explainedCat3.gif

http://myresistance.net/ulead.php

For those who missed the details on the 1st UPDATE (aka patch) which released December 21st you can read the details here.

Hey all-

Insomniac Games and Sony Computer Entertainment are happy to announce that we will be instituting a new ban policy for Resistance: Fall of Man online gameplay, effective immediately. Players may report cheaters using lag devices or using exploits to leave the intended playable area. Make a report by sending a private message to the MyResistance.Net "cheating" account (username: cheating). Cheating and the use of in-game exploits is not allowed in any game type, including custom and private games.

To enforce this policy we have in-game moderators documenting players who are involved in using, discovering, or sharing exploits with others. These moderators have the ability to join and observe any game or user in ranked, custom, or private games without the knowledge of the players in those games.

Initial bans for first-time offenders will be 24 hours. Bans will grow in length with each successive rules-violation, and attempts to circumvent a ban are grounds for an extension of it.

If you have questions, please feel free to post them in this thread.

Thanks!
Insomniac Games/Sony Computer Entertainment

PS! Please don't quote this post unless you're on a new page (where this isn't posted).

sutdawg

davepoobond said:
what is Assault mode?

nvm, saw the post.

its like a backwards Breach :p

The way we approach Breach (rushing the home node at the start) it is definately going to be backwards! :) It seems like it's going to be a combination of Meltdown and Breach, without all the worrying about having to recapture of nodes.

Angelcurio

Ok, i was finally able to enter resistance online. Looks like they had a server problem on their end. I want to participate in the gaf battle today, so anyone please invite me to the clan.

PSN ID: Angelcurio.

Aeon712

Fun games tonight, Angelcurio you should really get a mic. Playing with Gaf is awesome but hearing us all talk is a blast :) . Also there were a couple times I wanted to warn you of people.

Are we game on Friday to try out the new modes or waiting till the normal Saturday? Ross wouldn't tell what time the modes were going up :(, now I'll be checking all day:D.

M3Freak

Banned
Aeon712 said:
Fun games tonight, Angelcurio you should really get a mic. Playing with Gaf is awesome but hearing us all talk is a blast :) . Also there were a couple times I wanted to warn you of people.

Are we game on Friday to try out the new modes or waiting till the normal Saturday? Ross wouldn't tell what time the modes were going up :(, now I'll be checking all day:D.

Depends on the time of the new modes release. I'll check this thread since I'm sure someone will put up the news as soon as it happens.

That being said, I'm almost never on Fridays. This Friday I'll actually have the opportunity, but only until around 8:00 p.m. EST. Saturday will be my big chance to play.

M3Freak

Banned
BTW, what the hell is with all of the network errors? I got a few tonight, as well as TheJer and nrXic. Supremely irritating.

I don't think it's my wireless router. I suspect PSN, but it could just as easily be my PS3's built-in wifi feature. It's messed up with super ass slow downloads from PSN Store as it is.

Big-E

M3Freak said:
BTW, what the hell is with all of the network errors? I got a few tonight, as well as TheJer and nrXic. Supremely irritating.

I don't think it's my wireless router. I suspect PSN, but it could just as easily be my PS3's built-in wifi feature. It's messed up with super ass slow downloads from PSN Store as it is.

I usually get network errors when there are a lot of devices using the internet.

patsu

I got 1-2 myself (outside GAF games). Probably preparing for Europe launch...

Btw, there was a rooftop game where I saw all your names (GAF clans) appear on my screen like this...

[GAF]Aeon712 has joined the game
[GAF]Click has joined the game
[GAF]m3freak has left the game

This was in the middle of a 12 vs 11 Team DM. It appeared three to four times, each time with a different status. Were you guys actually in the game ? I didn't see any of you, but it was weird to see these messages.

After the game, I checked out the clan tab and found all of you there :)

careksims

Good games tonight, but those network errors. I blame Europe :D. We're probably sick of meltdown stuff now. Why is Breach so rare to get?

The Jer

patsu said:
I got 1-2 myself (outside GAF games). Probably preparing for Europe launch...

Btw, there was a rooftop game where I saw all your names (GAF clans) appear on my screen like this...

[GAF]Aeon712 has joined the game
[GAF]Click has joined the game
[GAF]m3freak has left the game

This was in the middle of a 12 vs 11 Team DM. It appeared three to four times, each time with a different status. Were you guys actually in the game ? I didn't see any of you, but it was weird to see these messages.

After the game, I checked out the clan tab and found all of you there :)

We had a wierd join game error and had to reform the party after that. We would have been in that game if it wasn't for the error.

The Jer

careksims said:
Good games tonight, but those network errors. I blame Europe :D. We're probably sick of meltdown stuff now. Why is Breach so rare to get?

Because we complained so much about getting Nottingham-Breach everytime :D
Now it just gives us Somerset-Meltdown.

sutdawg

Good Games last night!!! I'm hoping that Saturday night, we can get a game or two of Meltdown on Sommerset:lol , I'm starting to think we are doomed to play there all the time. I'm actually going through withdraw... I haven't played on Sommerset for like 11hours now!

Big-E

According to the myresistance.net forums the patch with the new game types is out.

http://www.myresistance.net/smf/index.php?topic=19073.0

Looks like they have changed a lot. The LAARK has been nerfed while the carbine has had a damage increase for headshots. Looks like the shotguns range has been nerfed as well. Also they seem to have added balancing if a team loses people at the end of the round people will be readjusted but this will not effect parties like us.

The Jer

Big-E said:
According to the myresistance.net forums the patch with the new game types is out.

Looks like they have changed a lot. The LAARK has been nerfed while the carbine has had a damage increase for headshots. Looks like the shotguns range has been nerfed as well. Also they seem to have added balancing if a team loses people at the end of the round people will be readjusted but this will not effect parties like us.

thanks alot, Big-E. This patch seems to adjust for alot of the things people were complaining about.

Edit: I can CONFIRM that the patch is now available.

JB1981

Big-E said:

VERY nice. In what ways has the Laark been 'nerfed', though? Do they go into any details?

Big-E

JB1981 said:
VERY nice. In what ways has the Laark been 'nerfed', though? Do they go into any details?

Respawn has increased to 90 seconds and ammo respawn increased to 60. Also the splash radius has been reduced.

Big-E said:

Woohoo! I'm happy with these changes, esp anything that properly rewards carbine headshots. How is the LAARK nerfed? Good news on shotgun range being tightened, too.

Top Bottom