• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Resistance: Fall of Man - The Official Thread

Kittonwy

Banned
puppy.jpg

^^ *laffs @ all the people who were too drunk on green beer and couldn't show up last night*

GET OVER YOUR HANGOVER AND GET READY TO ROCK AND ROLL!!!
Indifferent2.gif

RAWR!!!
angry.gif

Tonight is...

SUNDAY NIGHT!!! GET OUT THERE AND MAKE IT COUNT!!!
Indifferent2.gif

Don't forget about the scheduled game tonight at 6pm PST..

Reposted for great justice:

ChimNeoGAF.jpg

List of people who clearly posted their PSN tag in this thread (for US version of Resistance):

NeoGAF name: - PSN tag: - Time Zone:

kaching - kaching (NeoGAF US Clan-leader, PM your details)

Clan roster: http://spreadsheets.google.com/pub?key=p62Ro_nUUSfscF9g032W-Aw

ResistanceGAF00.jpg

For all the Noobs

TO JOIN:

1) LOGIN to Resistance MP online at least one time.

2) LEAVE any clan you are in right now.

3) PM kaching on NEOGAF to get added to the clan roster.

4) WAIT a couple days for him to get back to you.

5) In the meantime if you want to play with the clan, send one of the gaffers a buddy invite (please tell him you are from gaf) so he can get you invited to the party. ^_^

ResClan.gif

Standard meet up times (for whenever you have the opportunity):

Tuesdays 6pm PST

Saturdays 6pm PST

Sundays 6pm PST

(Monday Jan 29th: Times adjusted slightly in favor of the ESTeemed)

[NEW] CLAN PAGE!!!

Recently updated with news, including the new ban policy, please visit and read.

http://vjarmy.com/clangaf/

The login is "gaf", and the password is a five-letter word starting with "w" that is frequently used within the clan. (If you can't figure it out, PM Remy.)

If anyone wants rights to help contribute, please drop Remy a PM about that as well.

Suggestions suggest(!) that creating parties and going into ranked games together would be the preferred thing to do for the meet ups. So no longer do the first one to get online create a room but instead invite everyone to a party. This however makes it very important that you're all a part of the NeoGAF clan (pm kaching with details, make sure you've logged on to Resistance online at least once before) or simply have all folks listed above on your friend list. Again, the first one to get online should start a party and invite the others as they come online.

Also, it has come to my attention that over 20 people have started to show up for these meetups and that means one party is not enough. If that is the case then one of you simply need to create a second party. If you're the party leader (of either) then posting your details in this thread would be helpful.

The Wedge tactic explained:

The "flying wedge" is the term given to our tendency to mob together in a violent swarm and shoot the everliving hell out of anyone who dares get near us. It leads to multiple assists per kill which leads to a 20-60% increase in points. 16 points for a kill is far better than 10!

It does not, despite its name, resemble a true flying wedge - although generally whoever is at the front of the pack will get gunned down while those behind break through and destroy the opposition. So maybe it's not completely inaccurate.

Also people, it would be a big plus if everyone invested in a headset. For headset details and recommendations, follow this link. Good group play is helped by using your headset to report in changes that occur in the heat of battle. Enemy groups, Snipers, Node status and so forth.

A great addition
was made to http://www.myresistance.net on Monday Feb 5th in the form of leaderboards viewable straight from the site. It's time to get famous or die trying.

explainedCat3.gif

http://myresistance.net/ulead.php

For those who missed the details on the 1st UPDATE (aka patch) which released December 21st you can read the details here.

Hey all-

Insomniac Games and Sony Computer Entertainment are happy to announce that we will be instituting a new ban policy for Resistance: Fall of Man online gameplay, effective immediately. Players may report cheaters using lag devices or using exploits to leave the intended playable area. Make a report by sending a private message to the MyResistance.Net "cheating" account (username: cheating). Cheating and the use of in-game exploits is not allowed in any game type, including custom and private games.

To enforce this policy we have in-game moderators documenting players who are involved in using, discovering, or sharing exploits with others. These moderators have the ability to join and observe any game or user in ranked, custom, or private games without the knowledge of the players in those games.

Initial bans for first-time offenders will be 24 hours. Bans will grow in length with each successive rules-violation, and attempts to circumvent a ban are grounds for an extension of it.

If you have questions, please feel free to post them in this thread.

Thanks!
Insomniac Games/Sony Computer Entertainment

PS! Please don't quote this post unless you're on a new page (where this isn't posted).

Core407

Banned
Angelcurio said:
I am using the wired connection.

The nat comes up as open.

Am a noob when it comes down to network settings, so i dont really know how can i acces my router. Must i do it via hyper terminal?

Ok, i saw that i can acces my router via firefox by writing the ip adress, so what must i do now?

What router are you using? (model plz)

Bad_Boy

time to take my meds
I'll be on tonight. :)

Angelcurio, sorry I can't help. Never had that problem. Just wondering, where are you located? Interesting you got a french error; changed your OS default language perhaps?

Aeon712

Last Sunday I said I was gonna sleep rather then play and had to hear Click's mouth when I showed up so I'm not gonna even lie to myself. I'll be on tonight like the little Resistance whore that I am.

Angelcurio

Bad_Boy said:
I'll be on tonight. :)

Angelcurio, sorry I can't help. Never had that problem. Just wondering, where are you located? Interesting you got a french error; changed your OS default language perhaps?
I am located on the caribbean, in the Dominican Republic, but i set up my account with a miami US adress (from one of my relatives). And regarding the language, its spanish cuz thats my default language.

Core407 said:
What router are you using? (model plz)
I am using a "SpeedTouch 536" router. My ISP provider game me that router when i requested the service.

Just got my PS3 a week ago and I have to see the single player experience for this game friggin' rocks. This has to be one of the best gaming experiences I have had in some time. There is a great mix of outdoor "Halo/Call od Duty" style levels and then they throw you into these close quarters scenarios that feel like something out of Doom at times.

The art style didn't appeal to me in the screenshots but the progression from 1951 England to something completely alien is astounding. This game has prompted me to go back and pick of Ratchet and Clank because Insomniac deserves my damn money!

I'm not quite finished the game yet but I'm almost there and once that is done I will play a lot more online with this bad boy.

BeEatNU

WORLDSTAAAAAAR
Just an FYI

I removed alot of folks from my buddy list to organize folks easier....I'll just look on the clan buddy list :D

edit: Oh and good game tonight!

patsu

Angelcurio said:
I am located on the caribbean, in the Dominican Republic, but i set up my account with a miami US adress (from one of my relatives). And regarding the language, its spanish cuz thats my default language.

I am using a "SpeedTouch 536" router. My ISP provider game me that router when i requested the service.

Angelcurio... you might want to post your problem at myresistance.net. Insomniac's people might be able to help better (or is there an FAQ there ?)

M3Freak

Banned
g35twinturbo said:
Just an FYI

I removed alot of folks from my buddy list to organize folks easier....I'll just look on the clan buddy list :D

I'm going to be doing the same soon. Too hard finding the few people not in the clan that are in my buddy list, though it's like 99% clan people.

Anyway - games were fun tonight, but I really wish we got more breach games in. Way too many meltdown games, and on the same map, too. Maybe next time.

I don't think I'll be on Tuesday night. I need a break for a bit.

patsu

Haven't played with you guys for a while. :(
My wife is travelling, so I'm with the kid. I can only take quick sessions.

Kittonwy

Banned
Big-E said:
Great games tonight, even got to play a ctf.

Damn I missed CTF? GAH!!! How much longer did you guys play after I left to play some God of War 2?
angry.gif

Oh well, it was a very good night, playing for about three and a half hours with pretty much a full party of 18-20 people, very good turnout for the night. Sweet.

Indifferent2.gif

so i was playing a ranked match just a bit ago and encountered a guy that would spawn a few feet away from his corpse every time you killed him. thing is you didnt get any points for killin his ass it was just like he was pulling some kinda ninja trickery.

is like a feature of a weapon that i dont know about or has this game been possibly hacked?

M3Freak

Banned
WickedLaharl said:
so i was playing a ranked match just a bit ago and encountered a guy that would spawn a few feet away from his corpse every time you killed him. thing is you didnt get any points for killin his ass it was just like he was pulling some kinda ninja trickery.

is like a feature of a weapon that i dont know about or has this game been possibly hacked?

That guy was glitching - a.k.a cheating. If you know his tag, you can report him to Insomniac and they'll deal with it.

Chrono

Banned
HOLY **** I just popped in resistance to serioulsy play it this time and OMG it's insane. RUMBLE WHAT. The guns feel awesome. Explosions and bullets flying everywhere! :O

I died 3 times around that part where your captain (or whoever) tells you and the troops to take out the chimera on the balcony. yeah that's like one minute in. I HAVEN'T PLAYED A CONSOLE FPS SINCE PERFECT DARK ON N64! :lol

Guess I won't be trying the online option for a quite a while then. :lol

Kittonwy

Banned
Chrono said:
HOLY **** I just popped in resistance to serioulsy play it this time and OMG it's insane. RUMBLE WHAT. The guns feel awesome. Explosions and bullets flying everywhere! :O

I died 3 times around that part where your captain (or whoever) tells you and the troops to take out the chimera on the balcony. yeah that's like one minute in. I HAVEN'T PLAYED A CONSOLE FPS SINCE PERFECT DARK ON N64! :lol

Online is even better, and soon we'll have new maps.
gladtomeetya.gif

M3Freak

Banned
Kittonwy said:
Online is even better, and soon we'll have new maps.
gladtomeetya.gif

We're going to have new game modes even sooner: when the PS3 launches in Europe!

Team Conversion FTW!

Note: I forget what the other new mode is.

Chrono said:

Resistance actually starts really slow. If you think you like it now, wait until you get to the last 1/3 of the game. It's freaking epic.

Online play in Resistance is amazing. Come join us sometime when you think you've got a handle on the controls. A headset will help you greatly, too.

KGKK

Banned
Chrono said:

Yeah man tell me about it. Very good challenge in this game and it seems to have blended every cliched FPS enviroment and enemy:lol Everything is so fluid in this game and the AI is surprisingly pretty smart. I'm at the level where you have to go down the hill while killing hords and hords of Chimera, took me so long to finally beat that part but it was really fun and satisfying:D

Can't wait to play online! One question though, the wifi adapter in the PS3 sucks, its only about 3 meters away and I'm getting about 65% connection strenght average. I won't lag when I play online will I?

Agent X

M3Freak said:
We're going to have new game modes even sooner: when the PS3 launches in Europe!

Team Conversion FTW!

Note: I forget what the other new mode is.

Assault is the other new mode. This IGN article describes it:

IGN said:
IGN: -- The new modes added in the March update are Team Conversion and Assault. What can you tell us about them (especially Assault)?

Peter Kao:
Team Conversion is the same game mechanic as Conversion except that you play as a team. Both teams start human and have one life on each side. Assault is a mode based around the concept of attrition; wearing down an opponent's defenses before destroying their base. Each team has a base node that they must defend, and the goal is to attack and destroy the other team's base node. In addition, each team also begins the game with a set of base defenses and satellite nodes, which power those defenses. At the beginning of each round, a player can chose to spawn at their main base or any of their team's satellite nodes. As is the case with the base node, these satellite nodes can also be attacked. In keeping with the attrition concept, the main base and satellite nodes are considerably stronger than in other modes. Satellite nodes also do not regenerate after taking damage, and cannot be captured by the opposing team. Once defeated, a corresponding portion of the team's base defenses are shut down. In addition, defeated nodes become neutral, allowing both teams to spawn at them. This rewards the offensive team with a forward spawn point while still giving the defending team a means of spawning outside of their main base.

B-Ri

i skipped the first test cause i was nowhere near prepared for it (drop lowest test score FTW), and im about to take the second test im nowhere completely prepared for.

GO GAF CLAN!

The Jer

Kittonwy said:
Snow? Nice. I'm happier about the fact that it's a night time map though.
Indifferent2.gif

I'm wondering if the nightime map is going to suck for those playin' in SD, though. It was hard for me to see in alot of the darker indoor areas.

chubigans

y'all should be ashamed
The Jer said:
I'm wondering if the nightime map is going to suck for those playin' in SD, though. It was hard for me to see in alot of the darker indoor areas.

Time to put that flashlight to use! :D

Big-E

chubigans said:
So how many players do these new maps support again? 8 to 40 or is it like the Mall and just one standard size?

I hope its 40 because that is where the game has the least variety, at least thats how it seems.

The Jer

IIRC, the IGN interview suggested they were 40p maps that supported all the game types.

edit: I re-looked at the interview and didn't spot anything stating its size or person limit. I have no idea where I got that from now.....

but it did say this:

Ted Price said:
All multiplayer game types are available on both maps

So, they have to be large enough to support games like breach...

jstevenson

Sailor Stevenson
The Jer said:
IIRC, the IGN interview suggested they were 40p maps that supported all the game types.

edit: I re-looked at the interview and didn't spot anything stating its size or person limit. I have no idea where I got that from now.....

but it did say this:

So, they have to be large enough to support games like breach...

Since they support Breach, you can infer they are 40-player maps and scale down as well :)

sutdawg

Can't wait till we bring the power of the Wedge to the SNOW!!!
I WANT NOW.... NOT IN MAY BUT NOW! Unless we're playing Meltdown, then it can wait until May.:lol

M3Freak

Banned
sutdawg said:
Can't wait till we bring the power of the Wedge to the SNOW!!!
I WANT NOW.... NOT IN MAY BUT NOW! Unless we're playing Meltdown, then it can wait until May.:lol

Yeah, I'd prefer the new maps now too, especially since it's still winter and I don't have to be outside to so spring/summer stuff around the house. Come May, playing on clan nights will be much harder.

That said, I'm just happy new maps are coming out at all. Hopefully a couple more maps are released later in the year, say around the 1 year anniversary.

Top Bottom