• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Resistance: Fall of Man - The Official Thread

M3Freak

Banned
Steroyd said:
Yeah that should happen, then when the WW servers are open we celebrate the occasion with a US vs EU epic GAF battle no prisoners and no pussies.

I should have a PS3 by then definately.

That would indeed be awesome, but damnit, it's not U.S. GAF - it's North American GAF!! There are Canadians in the NeoGAF clan too!

Actually, can we get a change in the call-to-arms post that Kittowny puts up every clan meet up day? Within it says that Kaching is the U.S. GAF clan leader. It should say "North America" or "North American".

It's been bothering me for a few days...

painey

Wollan is your PSN "Wollan" because i sent you a friends request as a test all in lower case and now on my list it says "Wollan" as a pending friend..im not sure if it automatically capitalises a friend name or if it found you

Tieno

So I played little over 2 hours and I'm starting at level 5: conversion (nice tubes!), was worried I was going too fast through the game but then I check gamefaqs and there are 30 levels.

Wollan said:
I've barely gotten the chance to play so far (the power has been gone for five hours now in Carlton, Melbourne. Just came back up again). Still on my first singleplayer level and I had one custom team deathmatch online game. I have one larger problem though. Whenever I try to send an buddy invite i receive the Error 80710017 so I have no friends on my list so far.
Have you done some internet test in the ps3? maybe check those?
I haven't tried to add any friends either, but I'll try to send you a friends request.

Wollan

Done the internet check, no problems. Also, I can accept friends (painey, added you) and send them messages but I can't add anyone of my own.

kaching

"GAF's biggest wanker"
M3Freak said:
Actually, can we get a change in the call-to-arms post that Kittowny puts up every clan meet up day? Within it says that Kaching is the U.S. GAF clan leader. It should say "North America" or "North American".

Calling me the clan leader bothers me more. All I do is make sure people get clan invites. I think there's several others in this clan who deserve to be called leader much more than me for the efforts to keep interest alive, organizing parties, talking about strategy, etc.

Emowii

Banned
I'd love to get involved in some GAF Resistance matches. My username is the same as it is here on GAF.

Send me an invite as i'm new to the PS3 club. Don't have any people on my friend's list just yet.

Aeon712

Emowii said:
I'd love to get involved in some GAF Resistance matches. Send me an invite as i'm new to the PS3 club. Don't have any people on my friend's list just yet.
You have to tell us your PSN, and send Kaching a pm to be added to the clan list.

In other news

Kills 3925
Deaths 3889
Assists 2752
Kill/death 1.009

Finally after a couple ffa's I just played. I suck at Chimera ffa's but made it up as human.

OK no fair, emowii edited his message:lol

Big-E

Aeon712 said:
You have to tell us your PSN, and send Kaching a pm to be added to the clan list.

In other news

Kills 3925
Deaths 3889
Assists 2752
Kill/death 1.009

Finally after a couple ffa's I just played. I suck at Chimera ffa's but made it up as human.

Congrats. Now you got to work on the 2.0k/d :)

Steroyd

Aeon712 said:

In other news

Kills 3925
Deaths 3889
Assists 2752
Kill/death 1.009

OK no fair, emowii edited his message:lol

Assists???

Steroyd

Big-E said:
Resistance tracks assists in ffa games and team deatmatch. If you do damage to an enemy but don't get a kill you get an assist.

OMG the amount of times I've felt cheated of a kill because of that, i love you Resistance.

Damn I'll have to get the money i borrowed, back ASAP. :(

Wollan

Fixed the problem I had so now I'm able to add friends on my own accord (simple matter of having the DNS manually typed in). Three of you already had full friends lists so not all requests came through. :p

Wollan said:
Fixed the problem I had so now I'm able to add friends on my own accord (simple matter of having the DNS manually typed in). Three of you already had full friends lists so not all requests came through. :p

We can't wait to slaughter you european resistance clan. Wollan, you should start your own GAF clan like [GAFE] until the worldwide patch comes through.

You guys are going to need all the practice you can get. Guys like sutdawg, BigE, and Remy are death on wheels.

kaching

"GAF's biggest wanker"
Good thing they added spectator slots to the game - GAF clan regional faceoffs could be a lot of fun to watch.

Kittonwy

Banned
M3Freak said:
That would indeed be awesome, but damnit, it's not U.S. GAF - it's North American GAF!! There are Canadians in the NeoGAF clan too!

NA GAF = US + Hoserland

North Americans UNITE!!!
Indifferent2.gif

Aeon712

Tonight's games were all kinds of laughs, My Arms Your Hearse you made my stomuch hurt from laughing so much. Can't wait to have you and Click on at the same time. Like all Saturday meetups I'll be late to the party :(.

*Edit*M3 be happy I said lets play another game, we freaking rocked that other clan.

The Jer

My Arms Your Hearse said:
Anyone who was on tonight getting any stat updates? I've got nothing so far and they haven't registered on myresistance.net yet which is somewhat distressing.

It takes a little while sometimes.

Kittonwy

Banned
Clinttonwy.jpg

^^ Do ya feel lucky punk? Well, do ya?
Indifferent2.gif

Sometimes assault can be a good thing!!!
gladtomeetya.gif

RAWR!!!
angry.gif

Tonight is...

SATURDAY NIGHT!!! NOTHING WILL STOP THE WEDGE, GET OUT OF TEH WAY YA OLD BAG!!!
Indifferent2.gif

Don't forget about the scheduled game tonight at 6pm PST..

Reposted for great justice:

ChimNeoGAF.jpg

List of people who clearly posted their PSN tag in this thread (for US version of Resistance):

NeoGAF name: - PSN tag: - Time Zone:

kaching - kaching (NeoGAF US Clan-leader, PM your details)

Clan roster: http://spreadsheets.google.com/pub?key=p62Ro_nUUSfscF9g032W-Aw

ResistanceGAF00.jpg

For all the Noobs

TO JOIN:

1) LOGIN to Resistance MP online at least one time.

2) LEAVE any clan you are in right now.

3) PM kaching on NEOGAF to get added to the clan roster.

4) WAIT a couple days for him to get back to you.

5) In the meantime if you want to play with the clan, send one of the gaffers a buddy invite (please tell him you are from gaf) so he can get you invited to the party. ^_^

ResClan.gif

Standard meet up times (for whenever you have the opportunity):

Tuesdays 6pm PST

Saturdays 6pm PST

Sundays 6pm PST

(Monday Jan 29th: Times adjusted slightly in favor of the ESTeemed)

[NEW] CLAN PAGE!!!

Recently updated with news, including the new ban policy, please visit and read.

http://vjarmy.com/clangaf/

The login is "gaf", and the password is a five-letter word starting with "w" that is frequently used within the clan. (If you can't figure it out, PM Remy.)

If anyone wants rights to help contribute, please drop Remy a PM about that as well.

Suggestions suggest(!) that creating parties and going into ranked games together would be the preferred thing to do for the meet ups. So no longer do the first one to get online create a room but instead invite everyone to a party. This however makes it very important that you're all a part of the NeoGAF clan (pm kaching with details, make sure you've logged on to Resistance online at least once before) or simply have all folks listed above on your friend list. Again, the first one to get online should start a party and invite the others as they come online.

Also, it has come to my attention that over 20 people have started to show up for these meetups and that means one party is not enough. If that is the case then one of you simply need to create a second party. If you're the party leader (of either) then posting your details in this thread would be helpful.

The Wedge tactic explained:

The "flying wedge" is the term given to our tendency to mob together in a violent swarm and shoot the everliving hell out of anyone who dares get near us. It leads to multiple assists per kill which leads to a 20-60% increase in points. 16 points for a kill is far better than 10!

It does not, despite its name, resemble a true flying wedge - although generally whoever is at the front of the pack will get gunned down while those behind break through and destroy the opposition. So maybe it's not completely inaccurate.

Also people, it would be a big plus if everyone invested in a headset. For headset details and recommendations, follow this link. Good group play is helped by using your headset to report in changes that occur in the heat of battle. Enemy groups, Snipers, Node status and so forth.

A great addition
was made to http://www.myresistance.net on Monday Feb 5th in the form of leaderboards viewable straight from the site. It's time to get famous or die trying.

explainedCat3.gif

http://myresistance.net/ulead.php

For those who missed the details on the 1st UPDATE (aka patch) which released December 21st you can read the details here.

Hey all-

Insomniac Games and Sony Computer Entertainment are happy to announce that we will be instituting a new ban policy for Resistance: Fall of Man online gameplay, effective immediately. Players may report cheaters using lag devices or using exploits to leave the intended playable area. Make a report by sending a private message to the MyResistance.Net "cheating" account (username: cheating). Cheating and the use of in-game exploits is not allowed in any game type, including custom and private games.

To enforce this policy we have in-game moderators documenting players who are involved in using, discovering, or sharing exploits with others. These moderators have the ability to join and observe any game or user in ranked, custom, or private games without the knowledge of the players in those games.

Initial bans for first-time offenders will be 24 hours. Bans will grow in length with each successive rules-violation, and attempts to circumvent a ban are grounds for an extension of it.

If you have questions, please feel free to post them in this thread.

Thanks!
Insomniac Games/Sony Computer Entertainment

PS! Please don't quote this post unless you're on a new page (where this isn't posted).

Wollan

sonycowboy said:
We can't wait to slaughter you european resistance clan. Wollan, you should start your own GAF clan like [GAFE] until the worldwide patch comes through.

I want to but I'm not sure if I want to manage it. :lol Got so much work on the side at the moment but I will definitely join a Australian/European NeoGAF clan temporarily if someone makes it (and then join the real clan in May).

open_mouth_

insert_foot_
I tried playing single player and at the end of the 2nd level I was bored out of my mind so I returned the game (was a rental). Now my cousins are telling me it's so awesome once you get passed the early parts. WTF would insomniac do something this? Don't they know we're a generation with ADD??? Should I give it another go?

Agent X

open_mouth_ said:
I tried playing single player and at the end of the 2nd level I was bored out of my mind so I returned the game (was a rental).

What was this, a one day rental?

Your cousins are right, the game picks up quite a bit in the later going.

open_mouth_ said:
Should I give it another go?

Certainly!

open_mouth_

insert_foot_
Agent X said:
What was this, a one day rental?

Your cousins are right, the game picks up quite a bit in the later going.

Certainly!

it was gamefly. it was very generic early and I didn't have much free time then, so I decided to send it back. i'll definitely give it another go.

Kittonwy

Banned
open_mouth_ said:
it was gamefly. it was very generic early and I didn't have much free time then, so I decided to send it back. i'll definitely give it another go.

slap.gif

j/k

Give the game a second chance, it's excellent, ESPECIALLY online.
Indifferent2.gif

Angelcurio

I am having serious issues playing online. Yesterday i tried to join the party but wasnt able to do so due to some errors. I just kept receiveing this error message "network connection failed. Disconected from the network"

This is the same error that i was receiving in the last gaf meeting. After 20 attemps of getting online, i could finally enter and started downloading the latest patch. When it reached 90% of completion, the same error appeared and i was disconnected.

It also worth noting that i couldnt get online with Motorstorm either. This issue is really weird considering that i can acces the playstation store without any problems, download stuff, log in, send and receive messages. The only problems is accessing the online servers.

I really need help with this issue since i dont want to miss tonights party.

M3Freak

Banned
kaching said:
Calling me the clan leader bothers me more. All I do is make sure people get clan invites. I think there's several others in this clan who deserve to be called leader much more than me for the efforts to keep interest alive, organizing parties, talking about strategy, etc.

Funny you mention that - we were talking about something on a clan night, and that we hadn't played with our clan leader in a while. Someone else said that you're not really a clan leader, but more like a clan vice president (or something to that effect anyway).

Anyway, you're the clan manager. If someone else wants to be the leader in terms of directing play, strategies, etc., then that person should speak up.

M3Freak

Banned
Angelcurio said:
I am having serious issues playing online. Yesterday i tried to join the party but wasnt able to do so due to some errors. I just kept receiveing this error message "network connection failed. Disconected from the network"

This is the same error that i was receiving in the last gaf meeting. After 20 attemps of getting online, i could finally enter and started downloading the latest patch. When it reached 90% of completion, the same error appeared and i was disconnected.

You should try forwarding the ports PSN needs from your router to your PS3. I was having a lot of disconnects before I did it. Mind you, I still get disconnected, but not as much as before.

I think I posted the port thing in this thread, somewhere. Search it.

Aeon712

M3Freak said:
Funny you mention that - we were talking about something on a clan night, and that we hadn't played with our clan leader in a while. Someone else said that you're not really a clan leader, but more like a clan vice president (or something to that effect anyway).

Anyway, you're the clan manager. If someone else wants to be the leader in terms of directing play, strategies, etc., then that person should speak up.
Someone called him the secretary last night :lol

Anyone who was on tonight getting any stat updates? I've got nothing so far and they haven't registered on myresistance.net yet which is somewhat distressing.
Still hasn't updated, guess there was a European overload so stats were blacked out last night. No biggie even if I was killer last night.

Tieno

I'm at the beginning of level 9: Outgunned (with the huge traffic circle). The campaign is awesome, it's starting to really click with me. I love using the different weapons and mixing it up, it's very stimulating in how to approach each fight. So far my favorite part is definately Path of Least Resistance (first time it really ramps up and throws a lot of chimera at you and you're fighting alongside some troops). The way the chimera archetecture is taking over is cool too. I wish the chimera were more chatty among each other though.

I changed the firing buttons to the soft trigger (R2 and L2) and that feels more comfortable.
However, zooming feels kind of clumpsy, weird and disjointing, mostly when you're reloading and going in and out of zoom. It's very minor though. Crouching and alt-fire is not that easy, ducking while doing all the other stuff (choosing weapon, firing) goes surprisingly well and smooth.

Angelcurio

M3Freak said:
You should try forwarding the ports PSN needs from your router to your PS3. I was having a lot of disconnects before I did it. Mind you, I still get disconnected, but not as much as before.

I think I posted the port thing in this thread, somewhere. Search it.
Man, the thread has grown too big to find that post, please explain me how to do that.

Aeon712

jstevenson are Assault and Team Conversion only unranked at the moment? We have yet to get into either no matter how big or small the party is. The Gaf vs Gaf assault we played was awesome though. We'll have to do another tonight say round 11:45 when I'm able to get on :).

TONX

Distinguished Air Superiority
ill be playing for most of today, tonights my birthday party and im sure theres gonna be people drunk wanting to play resistance tonight.

i think im going to make a guest account for my ps3 so that "drunken roommate incident" doesnt happen again.

Remy

scowboy said:
Guys like sutdawg, BigE, and Remy are death on wheels.

PSN comment change confirmed!

M3Freak said:

Kaching played on Wednesday as part of the post-patch mob. I distinctly remember inviting him in.

Barring anyone else stepping up, I am more than happy to take the responsibilities (even if I have the "gay way" of playing Breach attributed to my name). I realize I'm already shouting out a lot of directions during gameplay given how many weird looks my wife gives me.

Kittonwy

Banned
TONX said:
ill be playing for most of today, tonights my birthday party and im sure theres gonna be people drunk wanting to play resistance tonight.

i think im going to make a guest account for my ps3 so that "drunken roommate incident" doesnt happen again.

Happy birthday!!!
gladtomeetya.gif

I get on to play some today, for the first time in weeks, after reading some of the new posts in this thread. First thing my SIXAXIS shits out on me and my headset goes blank....god must not want me to enjoy this game...

tanod

when is my burrito
Happy Birthday TONX!

I wonder if the PSN name DrunkenRoommate is taken. :lol

[GAF]DrunkenRoommate has joined the game.....

SleazyC

sonycowboy said:

You guys are going to need all the practice you can get. Guys like sutdawg, BigE, and Remy are death on wheels.
*Cackles*

Much blood shall be shed in May.... yes it shall...

(( Can't wait to play with some of our JPN and PAL brethren during the summer! ))

Top Bottom