• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Resistance: Fall of Man - The Official Thread

Kittonwy

Banned
The Jer said:
^Does this count as a pun?

Wow, first clan meet-up I miss in over two months and page 114 happens. I barely missed the "drunken roommate thing," too. :(

At least I got to hear about how quickly people can turn and tag people......

Anyways, I'm not yet sure whether or not I'll be on tonight either.

WHAT IZ A PUN?
Indifferent2.gif

Yes, it counts as a pun.

M3Freak

Banned
RAAAWWWRRR!!!!

BTW: Why hasn't our clan been invited to a "thanks fans" day or something at Insomniac? We're like uber crazy R:FoM nuts. Okay, so we don't all have 15K+ kills, a 10:1 kill/death ratio, and play online 24/7, but we rock!! We have an in game clan picture, damn it!!!!

Give us some love Insomniac! Give us some love!

P.S.

Where the hell are the Assault and Team Conversion matches? We're getting ranked Somerset Meltdown/TD games out the wazoo, and it's starting to hurt!

P.P.S.

Thanks for the mic fixes - no more futzing with my USB headset. Yeah!

Big-E

M3Freak said:
RAAAWWWRRR!!!!

Why the hell hasn't our clan been invited to a "thanks fans" day or something at Insomniac? We're like uber crazy R:FoM nuts. Okay, so we don't all have 15K+ kills and a 10:1 kill/death ratio, but we rock!!

Give us some love Insomniac! Give us some love!

P.S.

Where the hell are the Assault and Team Conversion matches? We're getting ranked Somerset Meltdown/TD games out the wazoo, and it's starting to hurt!

What is this day you speak of.

tanod

when is my burrito
I played a little team objective today and got paired with the clan AFK. We lost both rounds and nobody would stop yelling at each other. It was such a disorganized cluster ****. Makes me appreciate my clan a LOT more. Don't think I'll be on tonight unless I want to do badly on a paper. :(:(:(:(:(:(:(:(:(:(:(:(:(

Big-E

tanod said:
I played a little team objective today and got paired with the clan AFK. We lost both rounds and nobody would stop yelling at each other. It was such a disorganized cluster ****. Makes me appreciate my clan a LOT more. Don't think I'll be on tonight unless I want to do badly on a paper. :(:(:(:(:(:(:(:(:(:(:(:(:(

Papers suck don' they? I might be on now in a couple of hours.

M3Freak

Banned
Big-E said:
What is this day you speak of.

Just me being an ass.

I figured since this thread has grown to epic proportions and our clan itself is so massive, that it would be nice if Insomniac did a fan appreciation day or something to say "Awww shucks, thanks guys.". After all, we're single handedly selling GAF on the sheer "punch you in the face and kick you in the nuts" awesomeness of R:FoM. We're also handing game reviewers their ass for being dorks on their reviews that are clearly getting facts wrong and/or reveiwing the game only having played half of it!

I think I'm high on sugar.

Remy

M3Freak said:
BTW, I don't like discussing strategy out in the open here. It would be nice if we had a private forum. Eventually people will learn what we're doing anyway, but it would be nice to have the upper hand as much as possible, for as long as possible.

Well, that's kind of why I set up the blog. Would it help if I turned comments back on?

I'll be in on about an hour - stupid NCAA delaying the one show I look forward to every week.

spectator online mode is akin to being a war correspondent. someone should film some gaf matches and call them " through the eyes of a soldier " and cycle from player.

SleazyC

Figured something out as far as the post-game lag. I was watching my PS3 when a game had just ended and the HD activity light was going off for a good 2 minutes. As soon as it stopped blinking the lag stopped. So something is triggering some type of HD activity after a game ends and this is causing the lag.

Remy

Another classic moment:

"Watch out I'm blowing up the barrels."
"I told you to watch out!"
"YOU BLEW IT UP ONE SECOND AFTER YOU SAID THAT."
"Just respawn!"

:lol

neogaf_cage_free

Chimera Apologist
SleazyC said:
Figured something out as far as the post-game lag. I was watching my PS3 when a game had just ended and the HD activity light was going off for a good 2 minutes. As soon as it stopped blinking the lag stopped. So something is triggering some type of HD activity after a game ends and this is causing the lag.

You are correct! It's actually because of the new Player's Met addition believe it or not (which for some reason has to write to the HD immediately in blocking fashion). That's what I get for trying to integrate more with PSN :( Anyway I can't promise anything yet but I think we may have a fix out there very very soon.

SleazyC

neogaf_cage_free said:
You are correct! It's actually because of the new Player's Met addition believe it or not (which for some reason has to write to the HD immediately in blocking fashion). That's what I get for trying to integrate more with PSN :( Anyway I can't promise anything yet but I think we may have a fix out there very very soon.
:)

It doesn't bother me at all but it does make for some interesting effects when people are talking at the end of a match. If a little lag is the by product of more integration with the PSN I say go for it.

tha_con

Banned
So I played 15 games today...and not once did I run into Assault? It was only CTF and Meltdown, with a slight mix of Breach...wtf gives? Is it THAT rare?

Remy

tha_con said:
So I played 15 games today...and not once did I run into Assault? It was only CTF and Meltdown, with a slight mix of Breach...wtf gives? Is it THAT rare?

It's dependent on the number of people around.

CTF can be played, at max, by 16.
Meltdown can go from 16 to 40.
Breach and Assault *only* have 40 person maps.

When our party is really small (<8), we'll hit some CTF.
When we hit 20, we tend to hit a lot of breach.
Anywhere else, and we loooooooves us some Somerset Meltdown.

Zulu strategy works great, and I'm going to post something about it on the blog tomorrow. But for now, I must back for a week of no PS3. Sigh.

Smokey

I realize that this now a GAF meet-up thread but it's still 'The Official Thread' of Resistance so I have some questions..I just beat the game a few minutes ago..

For one the last battle where you had to blow up the reactor was so awesome. The chaos going on combined with the music was an awesome feeling. I've got a few questions though...

1. Who were the "cloven"
2. The Chimera excavated the towers from the ground implying that they have been here; maybe dormant for awhile?
3. At the end of the credits, anybody have any idea who those dudes were who surrounded Hale?

The Jer

Smokey Bones said:
I realize that this now a GAF meet-up thread but it's still 'The Official Thread' of Resistance so I have some questions..I just beat the game a few minutes ago..

For one the last battle where you had to blow up the reactor was so awesome. The chaos going on combined with the music was an awesome feeling. I've got a few questions though...

1. Who were the "cloven"
2. The Chimera excavated the towers from the ground implying that they have been here; maybe dormant for awhile?
3. At the end of the credits, anybody have any idea who those dudes were who surrounded Hale?

pages 66 through 68 of this thread have a pretty good amount of talk about that.

edit: don't ask me why I remember the page numbers... I have no idea...

Smokey

The Jer said:
pages 66 through 68 of this thread have a pretty good amount of talk about that.

edit: don't ask me why I remember the page numbers... I have no idea...

Thanks. I thought I'd ask rather than wade through 5,000+ posts and I appreciate it.

Big-E

Smokey Bones said:
Thanks. I thought I'd ask rather than wade through 5,000+ posts and I appreciate it.

The myresistance.net forums also provide a lot of discussion on some of the unanswered questions in the story.

davepoobond

you can't put a price on sparks
sorry i haven't been playing so much anymore guys. motorstorm + vf5 + oblivion are all competing for time these days.

Kittonwy

Banned
davepoobond said:
sorry i haven't been playing so much anymore guys. motorstorm + vf5 + oblivion are all competing for time these days.

Well we'll still be around when you do get tired of those "other games".
Indifferent2.gif

I'm now at the second level in Cheddar Gorge and I'm loving every minute of the game. It really picks up after the first few levels and it's getting more and more incredible looking. I understand the need to prevent spoilers, but if the media Insomniac released showed some of the latter levels I think the opinion most people have about the game would be completely different. Excellent work Insomniac, can't wait for Ratchet!

What time tomorrow (est) will the clan be online?? I was only able to play 1 game yesterday because I had to go to work. It seems whenever I am online no one else is..

tanod

when is my burrito
Kittonwy said:
The occasional radio transmission from the spec ops was really quite a nice touch.
Indifferent2.gif

It added a completely new layer of the story when I realized what was happening during the game around me.

Akachan - Worldwide servers / New Maps in May

M3Freak

Banned
Remy said:
Another classic moment:

"Just respawn!"

Holy shit...hahahahahah...when did that happen?! Probably when I took off for 30 minutes, right?

It would be better if it was Aeon that did the screaming. :D

Remy said:
Another classic moment:

"Just respawn!"

Hey, i didnt know i was that close to the barrel when you told me.

SleazyC

B-Ri said:
"ok i got the lark, delta is going down...

...DAMN IT....

RUN GUYS THEY GOT THE LARK"
Yea that was a pretty classic moment there.

We also played a Team DM in Manchester where we had the opposing team streaming down one side of the map and I had a sniper rifle and was all the way on the opposite end of the map. Needless to say I got a lot of sniper kills in those 10 minutes.

Kittonwy

Banned
TGateKeeper said:
What time tomorrow (est) will the clan be online?? I was only able to play 1 game yesterday because I had to go to work. It seems whenever I am online no one else is..

The official clan nights are Tuesday, Saturday and Sunday @9:00PM EST.
Indifferent2.gif

M3Freak

Banned
Kittonwy said:
The official clan nights are Tuesday, Saturday and Sunday @9:00PM EST.
Indifferent2.gif

Was there a reason why we chose Tuesday? I'm finding it hard to enjoy the Tuesday meet ups lately because it's so close to the weekend marathons. Also, my wife is getting ticked (rightly so).

What about Wednesday? Thursday? I'd prefer Wednesday.

Anyway, it's just a thought.

P.S.

I keep forgetting I have Motorstorm. Oh man...

M3Freak said:
Was there a reason why we chose Tuesday? I'm finding it hard to enjoy the Tuesday meet ups lately because it's so close to the weekend marathons. Also, my wife is getting ticket (rightly so).

What about Wednesday? Thursday? I'd prefer Wednesday.

Anyway, it's just a thought.

P.S.

I keep forgetting I have Motorstorm. Oh man...

Here's the new GAF master schedule for 9PM EST.

Sunday: Resistance
Monday: Motorstorm
Tuesday: Resistance
Wednesday: Motorstorm
Thursday: <open>
Friday: <open>
Saturday: Resistance

M3Freak

Banned
sonycowboy said:
Here's the new GAF master schedule for 9PM EST.

Sunday: Resistance
Monday: Motorstorm
Tuesday: Resistance
Wednesday: Motorstorm
Thursday: <open>
Friday: <open>
Saturday: Resistance

Ok, fair enough.

I can see the need eventually to have offical "clan" nights for some games on the same nights as others, or dropping some games completely. Either way, we'll end up with less people playing, which in the end would be sad. 20 player Resistance is tons more fun than 10 player Resistance.

I wonder how much longer we're going to keep this up. After the new maps are released, we'll get more renewed interest. But, by then more games will be out too.

I can see myself wanting to play on clan nights for the rest of the year, maybe longer.

M3Freak said:
Ok, fair enough.

I can see the need eventually to have offical "clan" nights for some games on the same nights as others, or dropping some games completely. Either way, we'll end up with less people playing, which in the end would be sad. 20 player Resistance is tons more fun than 10 player Resistance.

I wonder how much longer we're going to keep this up. After the new maps are released, we'll get more renewed interest. But, by then more games will be out too.

I can see myself wanting to play on clan nights for the rest of the year, maybe longer.

Looking at the release schedule, I doubt anything will put a crimp in Resistance in the near term. Warhawk is probably the first, as I don't see Rainbow Six or Splinter Cell making much of a splash. That gets us to the fall.

And with the addition of worldwide play along with new maps, I think we'll be maxing the 20 player for several months more.

M3Freak

Banned
sonycowboy said:
Looking at the release schedule, I doubt anything will put a crimp in Resistance in the near term. Warhawk is probably the first, as I don't see Rainbow Six or Splinter Cell making much of a splash. That gets us to the fall.

And with the addition of worldwide play along with new maps, I think we'll be maxing the 20 player for several months more.

Makes sense.

If Warhawk is good, I can definitely say it will take time away from Resistance for me. I'm really, really looking forward to jumping into the 2-man vehicles, and carpet bombing any non-GAFer. hahahah

tanod

when is my burrito
WarHawk needs to be 40 player, btw. They said they were at 32 and shooting for 40.

When it comes out, I could see us doing Resistance Saturdays and Warhawk Sundays.

Top Bottom