• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Resistance: Fall of Man - The Official Thread

davepoobond

you can't put a price on sparks
ROFL said:
9685software.png

Eat this, Eurogamer.

let's quote this picture for the whole page in every post

Kittonwy

Banned
sonycowboy said:
Here's the new GAF master schedule for 9PM EST.

Sunday: Resistance
Monday: Motorstorm
Tuesday: Resistance
Wednesday: Motorstorm
Thursday: <open>
Friday: <open>
Saturday: Resistance

Thursday and Friday for Warhawk it is then!!!
gladtomeetya.gif

kaching

"GAF's biggest wanker"
M3Freak said:
Was there a reason why we chose Tuesday?
Eh, we just put the word out to begin with when the clan was much smaller to see when people could most frequently play. I think we actually started off finding most people who responded were free most frequently on Saturday and Tuesday evenings. Then it expanded to Sundays too. And all of this happened when the clan was much smaller than it is now.

M3Freak

Banned
kaching said:
Eh, we just put the word out to begin with when the clan was much smaller to see when people could most frequently play. I think we actually started off finding most people who responded were free most frequently on Saturday and Tuesday evenings. Then it expanded to Sundays too. And all of this happened when the clan was much smaller than it is now.

Thanks for the explanation. I'm interested in moving the Tuesday meet up to Wednesday so my wife doesn't get mad. Eeeek.

For the most part it's okay, so no love lost. :D

M3Freak

Banned
ROFL said:
9685software.png

Eat this, Eurogamer.

Eurogamer didn't even play the game properly. They suck.

It's so blatently obvious that the re-review is factually and utterly wrong that it hurts. I don't understand how they got that score.

At any rate, last night's first ever official ranked Assualt game surprised the shit out of all of us. It sucked major that we lost, but that's to be expected. Everyone is going to need time to understand the new mode.

I'm looking forward to Remy's blog post about Assault.

careksims

tanod said:
WarHawk needs to be 40 player, btw. They said they were at 32 and shooting for 40.

When it comes out, I could see us doing Resistance Saturdays and Warhawk Sundays.

Hell F'n Yeah! I'll be signing up for Warhawk clan goodness. Also I don't mind Wed. at all if there was ever a change.

Aeon712

I wouldn't mind if we switched a day since I'm gonna have to force myself to either stop playing on Sundays or reduce my time an hr or two. I think I might offset it by playing some on Wednesday nights(before/after Lost).

Core407

Banned
How come we don't see vehicles online? I wish they'd make a game mode that utilized the jeep. Just put us in the huge canyon level with two bases, vehicles and I'll be in
Halo

B-Ri

i want an expansion pack, i want some detail on the Cloven, i want some detail on these black ops. its like they did a reverse viral marketing scheme, buy the game, THEN GO to our i lovebeesversion.

Pringler

Whats wrong with the ranked games? Until now everything went smooth. Now the matchmaking doesn't find any ranked games for me.

Somebody having the same problems?

Core407

Banned
Pringler said:
Whats wrong with the ranked games? Until now everything went smooth. Now the matchmaking doesn't find any ranked games for me.

I don't have a problem finding the games, but I do have a problem with my stats not being updated for the past couple days.

Remy

M3Freak said:
I'm looking forward to Remy's blog post about Assault.

Actually, the blog post about Assault went up well over a week ago now.

The one I promised soon was just detailing the Zulu stuff.

M3Freak

Banned
Pringler said:

Umm, yeah. All we ever get nowadays is Somerset Meltdown or TD, and Manchester Meltdown. Breach games are almost non-existent, and we're only ever played one Assault game (yesterday).

We haven't had a chance to play the awesome Rooftops level lately. Or the deck of the aircraft carrier (can't remember the level name). ::sigh::

Things seem to be screwed since a bit before the patch.

Still, it's fun. Playing some of the levels over and over again has actually made us much better. We have the Nottingham Meltdown (32) strategy down to a science now. Works beautifully well.

Tando's three squad strategy is damn well brilliance. We did it last night, and we were spaning INSIDE THE OTHER TEAM'S BASE. Like, RIGHT BESIDE THE DAMNED REACTOR. They went down quick.

I predict we'll be unstoppable soon. Maybe.

kaching

"GAF's biggest wanker"
M3Freak said:
Thanks for the explanation. I'm interested in moving the Tuesday meet up to Wednesday so my wife doesn't get mad. Eeeek.

For the most part it's okay, so no love lost. :D
Nothing in the clan charter that says you *have* to participate in every official meetup. :p

M3Freak

Banned
kaching said:
Nothing in the clan charter that says you *have* to participate in every official meetup. :p

It....doesn't?

Well, I'm screwed now because I'm hooked. There's goes the farm.

A couple of guys expressed interest in switching Sunday's meetup to another day. Hopefully we can get more people to opine on it.

I'm thinking of getting a PS3 for this game and NBA Street.

Does the multiplayer of Resistance resemble Halo or Ureal Tournament? I'm not a fan of UT but I absolutely love Halo.

Kittonwy

Banned
DantesWrath said:
I'm thinking of getting a PS3 for this game and NBA Street.

Does the multiplayer of Resistance resemble Halo or Ureal Tournament? I'm not a fan of UT but I absolutely love Halo.

It reminds me a bit of Halo I guess.

sonycowboy said:

Excellent, so I can play for half an hour before I have to go to work.

tanod

when is my burrito
Bad_Boy said:
We should have Motorstorm mondays and Warhawk Wednesday. Has a nice ring to it. :X

Nice alliteration there.
Good to hear stats are back soon. Maybe I'll get my 2nd star.

The Jer

sonycowboy said:

Kittonwy said:
Thursday and Friday for Warhawk it is then!!!
gladtomeetya.gif

Wait. But, Thursday is Christmas. I mean, new content goes up on the PS store on Thursday. So, Thursday and Friday are for checking this stuff out.

We'll probably end up having to double up on games. But as long as we have multiple nights for each game, we should be dandy. This looks like a wonderful schedule for the MP games people seem to have and interest in, at the moment.

Wow, the irony. I have a Google tab opened trying to find a wallpaper just like that in widescreen. So in a weird way I consider you my e-savior.

M3Freak

Banned
kaching said:
How else do you think the clan got so big? Lax entry policies on the part of leadership.

There are only about 30 regualrs. The rest of the clan I have either never seen online or have only played a few times with.

Me thinks a clan trimming is going to be in order soon.

M3Freak said:
There are only about 30 regualrs. The rest of the clan I have either never seen online or have only played a few times with.

time for some spring cleaning..

The Jer

M3Freak said:

I like the idea that we're open and "casual" and that we allow people to show whenever possible and whenever they feel like getting together for a few games (for me, that's whenever possible)

The non-regulars are "GAF-people" and we know who those people are, so its not weird if they stick their head in, just every once in a while.

It just seems mean to "cut" people. It also seems unnecessary. There is no real down-side to having a large clan, even if some of those people don't really play. It doesn't negatively affect those who are playing.

Plus, I like the idea of having a massive clan. It makes us seem more....intimidating(?).... or something.

That beings said, we do have a lot of people who signed on once or so, played a few games, and haven't been back on in months. If we start nearing the 200 person limit, we certainly need to start "cutting down" so that those who want to play, can play. I wouldn't want anyone to be left out just because we hit some limit.

sutdawg

sonycowboy said:

Tuesday: Resistance/ M3Freak snuggle with wife

Fixed!!! :)

Remy

sonycowboy said:

Sunday: Resistance / Smear Chocolate On The MacBook Night
Tuesday: Resistance/ M3Freak snuggle with wife

Fixed again.

Angelcurio

M3Freak said:
The 187 dude also said we were doing better the minute he joined our side. Defence (Aeon and I) had a tough time the first time around, but with that guy things improved.

Then the guy left the flag defence to Aeon and I. Aeon and I had our asses handed to us within 30 seconds of that guy leaving. The flag was taken. We ran after the flag robber while Aeon cracked up the whole time because he couldn't believe what the 187 guy said had just come true. We died in the pursuit I think.

Those last few CTF games were damn hilarious, come to think of it. We had one match where we played really well the first round. Then on the second round (as humans), me and Tanod were screaming for one more person to come back help us defend. We were basically begging for help. I eventually switched squads to X-Ray and screamed at everyone else again. Then offence started screaming, and Aeon was yelling he was confused as hell about what the hell to do.

I switched back to Yankee (defence), and all of a sudden everyone was back at base defending the flag. We are all yelling and screaming at each other. Meanwhile, the Chimera bums show up and we're trying to hold them all off while we basically have a civil war on the mics.

Eventually things got sorted out and Tanod and I had the extra defender we wanted. Didn't matter though - we lost.

Good times...good times....

Earlier in the evening we had a brilliantly played Nottingham Meltdown (32) match. We decided to take only the three closest nodes and then go on defence for those three. The other side was screwed the minute we put that strategy into effect - they couldn't penetrate our node defences, and their reactor eventually blew up.

We repeated the exact same strategy three times last night (pretty sure it was four times). We even did on Somerset. Each time it worked very damn well.

Click was right - we should get what we need and then just hunker down. When we get greedy we usually lose or have a really hard time keeping things together.

Tanod's multi-squad idea sounded really dumb to me at first, but after doing it a couple of times, I think he's right. Basically for breach:

Base defence: Yankee
Node defence: X-Ray
Enemy base: Zulu

The extra squad is for 4 or 5 guys (at first) that just hammer the enemy base. When they die, they can squad spawn very close to the enemy base again instead of jumping around all over the place as we usually do when all offence/node defence goes to X-ray.

As the tide of the game changes to our favour, more people can join Zulu. The point is to keep sending an unending wave of attackers that just keeps getting bigger. It's the super wedge extreme!

We should try this agian tonight.

BTW, I don't like discussing strategy out in the open here. It would be nice if we had a private forum. Eventually people will learn what we're doing anyway, but it would be nice to have the upper hand as much as possible, for as long as possible.
Crap, i really need a headset. I cant believe i missed all that :(

Oh well, yesterday i saw the motorola H500 quite cheap in one store, Might get that one tomorrow.

Does it works properly with the ps3?

BuddyC

M3Freak said:
BTW, I don't like discussing strategy out in the open here. It would be nice if we had a private forum. Eventually people will learn what we're doing anyway, but it would be nice to have the upper hand as much as possible, for as long as possible.
That was actually one of the reasons being the formation of the oft-neglected Online / Matchup Forum. Can't see or browse it unless you're logged in.

Yes, I realize all it takes is one of them to register an account here to gain access, but I figure it's still worth mentioning.

Aeon712

Rody said:
So, has "Resistance" already sold one million?
Think it's around 600k right now not counting the European sales where it was #1 :)

Angelcurio said:
Crap, i really need a headset. I cant believe i missed all that :(

Oh well, yesterday i saw the motorola H500 quite cheap in one store, Might get that one tomorrow.

Does it works properly with the ps3?
You really needed one when you were shooting M3:lol, I couldn't stop laughing

sutdawg

B-Ri said:
"ok i got the lark, delta is going down...

...DAMN IT....

RUN GUYS THEY GOT THE LARK"

Remy said:
Another classic moment:

"Watch out I'm blowing up the barrels."
"I told you to watch out!"
"YOU BLEW IT UP ONE SECOND AFTER YOU SAID THAT."
"Just respawn!"

:lol

Just two examples of how well our Team Play works with mics! :lol

Aeon712

JStevenson posted this over on myresistance

Thank you for your patience with the recent stats server issues. After today’s restart of the server, statistics are updating again. Unfortunately, all games played between Saturday, March 23rd at approximately 12:00am PST and Monday, March 25th at 11:50am PST were not captured by the stats processor.

We are working hard to prevent any further loss of stats, and we thank you for your understanding in this matter.

Thanks,
Insomniac Games/Sony Computer Entertainment
:(, ah well all's well that ends well. If I knew stats weren't gonna update I would've practiced as a sniper. I have to be the only person in the clan at 3stars with only 5 sniper kills.

careksims

Aeon712 said:
JStevenson posted this over on myresistance

:(, ah well all's well that ends well. If I knew stats weren't gonna update I would've practiced as a sniper. I have to be the only person in the clan at 3stars with only 5 sniper kills.

Well great! Then that first Assault Skirmish has been erased! Hooray! But sucks about my stats for the other games X___x

I know this will NEVER happen, but Insomniac, REALLY, needs to get rid of:

1) 1 hit kills

2) Inifnite Ammo

maybe

3) Damage Modifier

I understand why they are there, but as I'm sure everyone has noticed... 99.9% of all custom matches have one if not ALL THREE of the above. This is not an exaggeration. The clan does not play nearly as much as I would like, or at times that are anywhere near optimal. I do not care to play ranked matches with a bunch of random people. I'd love to play custom matches when possible, but it is simply impossible anymore without these utterly lame rule sets that don't help you maintain your "training" for ranked.

I have a blue tooth headset configured on my ps3, how do I go about using it during online play?? I have tried everything but I can't here a damn thing when playing online..

SleazyC

Bah, sucks about the stats. I was playing pretty damn well on Saturday and might have gone up a rank. Oh well guess I'll just have to trudge on.

Top Bottom