• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Resistance: Fall of Man - The Official Thread

M3Freak

Banned
tekneek2k6 said:
I missed last night. Did you guys get any assault matches?

Yeah, and we were suitably shocked and excited. But, the game was a big bug fest. Within 30 seconds of the match starting, half the people were disconnected. We lost most of our team. Me and a few other guys remained, but with so many gone, we quit out too.

That REALLY sucked. It would have been our second ranked Assault match. We could really use the practice too.

Angelcurio

I had a lot of problems during last night play. For some weird reason during the first game my controller started acting weird and not really responding to my commands. DUring the second game, the same thing happenned, and it was even worse since my character wouldnt move at all. And to make matters even worse, in that same game i was kicked out of it :S

I know i asked twice already to Aeon, but i dont really know how to talk with the headset ingame. I mean, in the instructions Aeon provided me with, he told me to press start during a match and select squad, but the fact of the matter is that when i pressed start in the middle of the game the only options i could see where controls, mute, and quit.

Kittonwy

Banned
M3Freak said:
Yeah, and we were suitably shocked and excited. But, the game was a big bug fest. Within 30 seconds of the match starting, half the people were disconnected. We lost most of our team. Me and a few other guys remained, but with so many gone, we quit out too.

That REALLY sucked. It would have been our second ranked Assault match. We could really use the practice too.

We lost both games, the first one was a massacre, the second one was really close, at the end it was just me and denog from gaf and then denog left. I stayed on.

Indifferent2.gif

tanod

when is my burrito
Angelcurio said:
I had a lot of problems during last night play. For some weird reason during the first game my controller started acting weird and not really responding to my commands. DUring the second game, the same thing happenned, and it was even worse since my character wouldnt move at all. And to make matters even worse, in that same game i was kicked out of it :S

I know i asked twice already to Aeon, but i dont really know how to talk with the headset ingame. I mean, in the instructions Aeon provided me with, he told me to press start during a match and select squad, but the fact of the matter is that when i pressed start in the middle of the game the only options i could see where controls, mute, and quit.

Were you playing free for all because I don't think the squad comes up if you're doing FFA. If you want to talk to people in a FFA game whether you're in the lobby or in the game, you have to press L3. Otherwise, in team games, Aeon's instructions apply.

It sounds like your battery in your controller needed to be charged or plugged in. That sounds like what happens to mine when it gets low.

M3Freak

Banned
Angelcurio said:

I've had that happend to me twice. I had to turn my PS3 off, unplug the USB headset, turn the PS3 back on, and then plug it back in again. I then tested the mic settings from the XMB to make sure it was working. When I went back into Resistance, my mic was working.

I have no idea why that happened, but it did. So, you're likely suffering from something similar. You're using a bluetooth headset, right? Well, you should be able to do the same thing.

careksims

Kittonwy said:
We lost both games, the first one was a massacre, the second one was really close, at the end it was just me and denog from gaf and then denog left. I stayed on.

Indifferent2.gif

Why did you stay >.>

We were talking about how you were in the Battle of the Alamo. :lol

sutdawg

Angelcurio said:

check my post on the page before... some of the motorola BT headsets have to be re-synced everytime you either turn your PS3 off or turn off your headset. I was having a lot of trouble with my motorola at first too, after weeks of having to re-sync the damn thing evertime, it seems to be syncing on it's own now. You can test the headset on the XMB before signing into Resistance. Is it working when you test it?

Aeon712

M3Freak said:

That must've been one of the games that was played when I broke away from the clan for a bit to play with a friend. I had an awesome CTF game where everyone died so that I could return the flag for the win :).

sutdawg

Aeon712 said:
That must've been one of the games that was played when I broke away from the clan for a bit to play with a friend. I had an awesome CTF game where everyone died so that I could return the flag for the win :).

Did they all die or quit the game out of fear of Aeon712? Rumor has it, it was the later! :lol :lol :lol

tanod

when is my burrito
First, I'm sorry. I know that cross posting is frowned upon but I just wanted to bring to everybody's attention that tonight is the inaugural MotorStorm night. So head on over to the official thread if you have the game, add some people to your friend's list if need be and join the fun. 1 hour and counting. I'm getting on now.

Spread the word to the people on your friends list.

patsu

Wollan said:
From the latest Buzz section at the official Insomniac webpage:

Oh lord what can it be!?

I would like to think it's Home trophies to go alongside the larger closed beta starting next month (with these rewards finally being available to everyone this fall) but that's just a shot in the dark.

Wollan, what is the URL to the quote ? I can't find it in google.

P.S. Tanod, I haven't got hold of a copy yet, but your PSN message reminded me. :)

B-Ri

jstevenson said:
Sorry, the NDA ninjas would have their way with me.... soon though.

BTW, BuddyC, you in Santa Monica yet? Drop me a phone call.

i can be in santa monica in 45, can i see :D

ill bring coffee...... .....

B-Ri

jstevenson said:
Oh yeah, this has nothing to do with showing anything. I just want to hang with BuddyC. :)

Heck, our offices are in Burbank. :lol

no its not very close, but a 120mph flying jaguar and its horn will MOVE traffic for me to get some insider stuff.

HIRE ME! i need a job

plus, if its jsut burbank, i can be there in 15 solid, hahaha

Core407

Banned
What the hell man! My stats aren't being updated still. I've played at three matches today and boom - nothing. Still at 0 for everything!

Angelcurio

tanod said:
Were you playing free for all because I don't think the squad comes up if you're doing FFA. If you want to talk to people in a FFA game whether you're in the lobby or in the game, you have to press L3. Otherwise, in team games, Aeon's instructions apply.

It sounds like your battery in your controller needed to be charged or plugged in. That sounds like what happens to mine when it gets low.
Looks like that was the reason, now that i checked it i saw that the batttery level was almost empty.

M3Freak said:
I've had that happend to me twice. I had to turn my PS3 off, unplug the USB headset, turn the PS3 back on, and then plug it back in again. I then tested the mic settings from the XMB to make sure it was working. When I went back into Resistance, my mic was working.

I have no idea why that happened, but it did. So, you're likely suffering from something similar. You're using a bluetooth headset, right? Well, you should be able to do the same thing.
I resynched the headset on the XMB and that make it work, looks like it was a sync problem.

tanod said:
First, I'm sorry. I know that cross posting is frowned upon but I just wanted to bring to everybody's attention that tonight is the inaugural MotorStorm night. So head on over to the official thread if you have the game, add some people to your friend's list if need be and join the fun. 1 hour and counting. I'm getting on now.

Spread the word to the people on your friends list.
I havent been able to enter motorstorm online even once. I will try again in a couple of minutes to see if i can join you guys, hope i can have luck with it.

Aeon712

Core407 said:
What the hell man! My stats aren't being updated still. I've played at three matches today and boom - nothing. Still at 0 for everything!
Were they ranked or unranked? If unranked hit triangle to switch the stat screen to unranked matches.

M3Freak

Banned
Kittonwy said:
Whatever happened to "leave no man behind"?
angry.gif

That's an American military thing - they cover their own people. They'll leave us Canadians dying in the cold or use us as canon fodder - quite sad, really.

tanod

when is my burrito
M3Freak said:
That's an American military thing - they cover their own people. They'll leave us Canadians dying in the cold or use us as canon fodder - quite sad, really.

Operation: Human (Hoser) Shield

Foil

Just got my PS3 and downloaded this demo. I'm getting my ass handed to me. I must really suck at this game, or just need a lot of practice. :lol

I'm enjoying what little I've played. Definitely going to pick this up when I get my next paycheck and hop online.

jiggle

Foil said:
Just got my PS3 and downloaded this demo. I'm getting my ass handed to me. I must really suck at this game, or just need a lot of practice. :lol

don't worry, u're not the only one.
i can't get past the first section at all >.>;

Wollan

Since I finished the game I want to toy around with the new weapons.
Can anyone describe to me for which levels I should pursue to get them?
I got the
flamethrower
at
Southern Command
and I got the
shield grenade
in one of the later
London levels
. Where can I find the rest?

B-Ri

Wollan said:
Since I finished the game I want to toy around with the new weapons.
Can anyone describe to me for which levels I should pursue to get them?
I got the
flamethrower
at
Southern Command
and I got the
shield grenade
in one of the later
London levels
. Where can I find the rest?

its not a shield grenade, it damages anything inside of it, and anything shot into it reflects

FightyF

Banned
As far as Strategy discussion goes...why don't we do it in the Online forum? Leave this thread here, but open a new one there.

The online forum is closed to non-GAFers, btw. So unless they sign up...which they could...but they could also perhaps figure out the password for the other site too.

Just a suggestion...

It'd be nice to get everyone on the same page...and y'know...tell them about the ultra-secret Zulu node. :p

tanod

when is my burrito
Fight for Freeform said:
As far as Strategy discussion goes...why don't we do it in the Online forum? Leave this thread here, but open a new one there.

The online forum is closed to non-GAFers, btw. So unless they sign up...which they could...but they could also perhaps figure out the password for the other site too.

Just a suggestion...

It'd be nice to get everyone on the same page...and y'know...tell them about the ultra-secret Zulu node. :p

I thought it would be nice if Remy opened up comments on the clan's blog with all our strategy in password protected form. Remy???

DenogginizerOS

BenjaminBirdie's Thomas Jefferson
Kittonwy said:
Whatever happened to "leave no man behind"?
angry.gif

I was more concerned about getting replaced in the lobby or having to sit out a full session. But I did feel like sticking around cause I didn't want that quit on my stats.

M3Freak

Banned
tanod said:
I thought it would be nice if Remy opened up comments on the clan's blog with all our strategy in password protected form. Remy???

I think that would be better.

An even more advanced solution: use a wiki for the website. That way some can edit the pages, and everyone can leave comments. We would need realy user accounts though.

I also think it's high time we got ourselves a domain name.

Fady K

Oh boy, im at
London
right now and man, the
Rocket Launcher
is such a freakin cool weapon! What I do suck at are those skill points, how the heck am I supposed to know how to do each one where the only hint I get is the title of that skill point? Nevertheless, awesome single player experience :)

Brandon F

Well congratulations! You got yourself caught!
Fady K said:
Oh boy, im at
London
right now and man, the
Rocket Launcher
is such a freakin cool weapon! What I do suck at are those skill points, how the heck am I supposed to know how to do each one where the only hint I get is the title of that skill point? Nevertheless, awesome single player experience :)

Insomniac always gives out ridiculously vague clues for earning skill points. Every Ratchet game had em, and everyone that wanted them just went to gamefaqs. It's notoriously stupid, but occasionally thrilling when you sorta, kinda, put one together semi-logically.

Some of the resistance ones pissed me off though, like the one that asks you to break every glass window in the underground lab. Spent a good 40 minutes backtracking to and fro checking and double checking everywhere, and I still must have missed one. What kind of garbage 'skill' point is that?

tanod

when is my burrito
Brandon F said:
Insomniac always gives out ridiculously vague clues for earning skill points. Every Ratchet game had em, and everyone that wanted them just went to gamefaqs. It's notoriously stupid, but occasionally thrilling when you sorta, kinda, put one together semi-logically.

Some of the resistance ones pissed me off though, like the one that asks you to break every glass window in the underground lab. Spent a good 40 minutes backtracking to and fro checking and double checking everywhere, and I still must have missed one. What kind of garbage 'skill' point is that?

Sure you can look most of them up on GameFAQs or MyResistance.net but you still have to DO them and some of them are REALLY tricky.

Aeon712

I just had an awesome FFA game, It was the 8 player Nottingham map where you are trapped in the middle. All as Chimera so it was a rage/tag nightmare. Asimple task like spawning could lead to instant death. Some how me and another user seperated ourselves from the pack, top left of the screen was filled with you have the lead/lost the lead/player has the lead. At the end of the game he had 236 and I had 234 when he killed me(puts him at 246 I was like crap respawn respawn, of course I ended up at the top of the center while all the action was at the bottom. I jump down and see him fighting somebody so I instantly aim for him and kill him before he gets the kill and the win(score now is 244/246). I then kill the guy he was fighting giving me a multi and the win while he only got the assist for it :D (254/248).

Final stats
24/15/7
23/15/9

Remy

tanod said:

Opening them up as we speak.

And again: anyone who wants an account to add blog posts, please let me know. No intentions for it to be just me writing.

Also: since I don't think anyone else challenged my assertion of clan strategic leadership, does that make me the de facto leader? Just wanted to check so I can make a fancy hat with a cute kitten on it.

M3Freak

Banned
Remy said:
Opening them up as we speak.

And again: anyone who wants an account to add blog posts, please let me know. No intentions for it to be just me writing.

Also: since I don't think anyone else challenged my assertion of clan strategic leadership, does that make me the de facto leader? Just wanted to check so I can make a fancy hat with a cute kitten on it.

kaching doesn't think he's a "real" leader, and no one has contested your offer to take the leadership role. So....you're the leader.

That being said, if you're an ass, we'll mutiny.

Core407

Banned
Aeon712 said:
Were they ranked or unranked? If unranked hit triangle to switch the stat screen to unranked matches.

All ranked. I only play ranked matches. Damn, I guess I'll try and create a new account.

Top Bottom