• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Resistance: Fall of Man - The Official Thread

sutdawg

jstevenson said:
So we had another discussion today about the ranked games selector. Basically if you are playing with less than 17 players in a party, the chances of getting Meltdown are very high, as you might get put into a 32-player map, and those don't allow Breach or Assault.

As it stands, we think that may be causing the issues with you guys getting a lot of Meltdown. If you guys want to document the number of players in the party and what modes/maps you're getting and send them my way - having data wouldn't hurt.

MP has got some ideas to try and improve the rate of Breach and Meltdown games, though.

And as always, your feedback is appreciated and taken seriously :)

JS

Thanks for the info!!! As always, it's greatly appreciated to know that you guys are always looking for ways to improve the game!

One thing I've noticed is that we seem to be getting players "kicked" from the party(message reads "Kicked from Party") just as we're joining a game... It's not happening all the time but it is definately happening more frequently, actually it just seemed to start since the last update. When it does happen it seems to kick multiple people at the same time (most times it's one or two people, a couple of times I think it was three).
Not sure if it's a user error, PSN error or RFOM online error... any thoughts?

Aeon712

sutdawg said:
Yeah CTF was really fun last night... I have to thank Aeon for leaving when he did last night or we probably would not have gotten that great game of CTF(the very next game we played after he left)! Thanks Aeon!!! :lol
I know when I'm not wanted :(. Too bad you guys can't get rid of me seeing as I'm Gaf's #1 Supreme Commander :D. And omg I just looked at my stats and I'm +13kills from +600 and I'm guessing a 1.100 k/d. Now I'll have to join back up with you and Efertless around 10 for a couple games.

sutdawg

Aeon712 said:
I know when I'm not wanted :(. Too bad you guys can't get rid of me seeing as I'm Gaf's #1 Supreme Commander :D. And omg I just looked at my stats and I'm +13kills from +600 and I'm guessing a 1.100 k/d. Now I'll have to join back up with you and Efertless around 10 for a couple games.

You are more then welcome to join us #1 GAF Supreme Commander! I'll be logging back on right after 24 ends. It'll be a race to 100 Dragon kills! Then we'll teach the #1 GAF Supreme Commander how to snipe(it'll be a long night)! :lol

M3Freak

Banned
sutdawg said:
You are more then welcome to join us #1 GAF Supreme Commander! I'll be logging back on right after 24 ends. It'll be a race to 100 Dragon kills! Then we'll teach the #1 GAF Supreme Commander how to snipe(it'll be a long night)! :lol

Crap. I want to play tonight. I might be on at 10:00 p.m.

sun-drop

can some one answer my question about using other region discs in my PAL area ... will i still be able to play on my local servers?

M3Freak

Banned
lambchop said:
can some one answer my question about using other region discs in my PAL area ... will i still be able to play on my local servers?

All the Resistance games are the same. That is, there is one disc built for all regions: the region your PS3 is from determines which version you'll be playing.

So, buy the game from anywhere you please - they're all the same.

Kittonwy

Banned
SecretAgentKittonwy.jpg

^^ IT'S TIME TO KICK ASS AND TAKE NAMES!!!
Indifferent2.gif

RAWR!!!
angry.gif

Tonight is...

TUESDAY NIGHT!!! LET'S MAKE THOSE HOSERS PAY!!!
Indifferent2.gif

Don't forget about the scheduled game tonight at 6pm PST..

Reposted for great justice:

ChimNeoGAF.jpg

List of people who clearly posted their PSN tag in this thread (for US version of Resistance):

NeoGAF name: - PSN tag: - Time Zone:

kaching - kaching (NeoGAF NA Clan-leader, PM your details)

Clan roster: http://spreadsheets.google.com/pub?key=p62Ro_nUUSfscF9g032W-Aw

ResistanceGAF00.jpg

For all the Noobs

TO JOIN:

1) LOGIN to Resistance MP online at least one time.

2) LEAVE any clan you are in right now.

3) PM kaching on NEOGAF to get added to the clan roster.

4) WAIT a couple days for him to get back to you.

5) In the meantime if you want to play with the clan, send one of the gaffers a buddy invite (please tell him you are from gaf) so he can get you invited to the party. ^_^

ResClan.gif

Standard meet up times (for whenever you have the opportunity):

Tuesdays 6pm PST

Saturdays 6pm PST

Sundays 6pm PST

(Monday Jan 29th: Times adjusted slightly in favor of the ESTeemed)

[NEW] CLAN PAGE!!!

Recently updated with news, including the new ban policy, please visit and read.

http://vjarmy.com/clangaf/

The login is "gaf", and the password is a five-letter word starting with "w" that is frequently used within the clan. (If you can't figure it out, PM Remy.)

If anyone wants rights to help contribute, please drop Remy a PM about that as well.

Suggestions suggest(!) that creating parties and going into ranked games together would be the preferred thing to do for the meet ups. So no longer do the first one to get online create a room but instead invite everyone to a party. This however makes it very important that you're all a part of the NeoGAF clan (pm kaching with details, make sure you've logged on to Resistance online at least once before) or simply have all folks listed above on your friend list. Again, the first one to get online should start a party and invite the others as they come online.

Also, it has come to my attention that over 20 people have started to show up for these meetups and that means one party is not enough. If that is the case then one of you simply need to create a second party. If you're the party leader (of either) then posting your details in this thread would be helpful.

The Wedge tactic explained:

The "flying wedge" is the term given to our tendency to mob together in a violent swarm and shoot the everliving hell out of anyone who dares get near us. It leads to multiple assists per kill which leads to a 20-60% increase in points. 16 points for a kill is far better than 10!

It does not, despite its name, resemble a true flying wedge - although generally whoever is at the front of the pack will get gunned down while those behind break through and destroy the opposition. So maybe it's not completely inaccurate.

Also people, it would be a big plus if everyone invested in a headset. For headset details and recommendations, follow this link. Good group play is helped by using your headset to report in changes that occur in the heat of battle. Enemy groups, Snipers, Node status and so forth.

A great addition
was made to http://www.myresistance.net on Monday Feb 5th in the form of leaderboards viewable straight from the site. It's time to get famous or die trying.

explainedCat3.gif

http://myresistance.net/ulead.php

For those who missed the details on the 1st UPDATE (aka patch) which released December 21st you can read the details here.

Hey all-

Insomniac Games and Sony Computer Entertainment are happy to announce that we will be instituting a new ban policy for Resistance: Fall of Man online gameplay, effective immediately. Players may report cheaters using lag devices or using exploits to leave the intended playable area. Make a report by sending a private message to the MyResistance.Net "cheating" account (username: cheating). Cheating and the use of in-game exploits is not allowed in any game type, including custom and private games.

To enforce this policy we have in-game moderators documenting players who are involved in using, discovering, or sharing exploits with others. These moderators have the ability to join and observe any game or user in ranked, custom, or private games without the knowledge of the players in those games.

Initial bans for first-time offenders will be 24 hours. Bans will grow in length with each successive rules-violation, and attempts to circumvent a ban are grounds for an extension of it.

If you have questions, please feel free to post them in this thread.

Thanks!
Insomniac Games/Sony Computer Entertainment

PS! Please don't quote this post unless you're on a new page (where this isn't posted).

Aeon712

I'll be on and ready for the clan meetup, since I got off work early today think I'm gonna hop on now to try and snipe :(.

M3Freak said:
All the Resistance games are the same. That is, there is one disc built for all regions: the region your PS3 is from determines which version you'll be playing.

So, buy the game from anywhere you please - they're all the same.

That's not quite true - due to a change to the servers after the rest of the regions went gold, if you've got a Hong Kong or Taiwan region PS3 you'll need a Hong Kong or Taiwan region disk. Besides that though, you're right.

Aeon712

I had an awesome game where I went 21-2 with 12 sniper kills and an 11kill streak to beat my old high of 10. Besides that game I only managed to add an additional 5 sniper kills over 3 games.

sutdawg

Aeon712 said:
I had an awesome game where I went 21-2 with 12 sniper kills and an 11kill streak to beat my old high of 10. Besides that game I only managed to add an additional 5 sniper kills over 3 games.

Aeon sniping :lol :lol :lol Aeon going 21-2 sniping :lol :lol :lol
Tell us some more jokes funny man!

M3Freak

Banned
EDIT: Umm, if no one offers during the meet up, I'll do it.

If one of you guys near a computer is playing tonight, fire up a spreadsheet (or whatever) and start taking notes on the type of games we get tonight. For each game, you should also note how many people were in the party. Finally, it might be a good idea to make notes of any wierd happenings (e.g. players kicked, game lockups, etc.).

This will help Insomniac to figure out what the hell is going on. As jstevenson said, the more data we can give him, the easier it'll be for them to fix the problems we've been seeing with ranked games.

I'd do this, but I don't have a PC near my PS3. Additionally, I don't want to take my laptop down there because, well... ::runs::

TTP

Have a fun! Enjoy!
Dunno if this has been reported yet, but at some point, bullets (both trails and sound fx) were missing from the games. People could still kill each other, but I couldn't see nor hear any bullet flying. The only indication I had was the red arrow indicating where I was shot from. Had to restart the system to fix the problem. Happened once in about 2000 matches.

FightyF

Banned
I'll be on in an hour or so. I'll take notes on paper.

I'm assuming that all we need is:
-time
-number of people in the party
-what we got matched with

anything else?

Kittonwy

Banned
Tonight was BALLIN'. Won breach, won assault, won meltdown, lost a TDM and won the last TDM before I retire for the night. All in all, pedobear would be proud.
Indifferent2.gif

FightyF

Banned
I had to charge my BlueTooth headset so I was planning to join earlier but I couldn't.

Anyways, I'm playing in Alberta, Mountain Time, so the following times are from my time zone. These are approximate times.

9:15 13 Players Team DM (we could disregard this as we chose it)
9:25 15 Players Assault OMG
9:50 14 Players Meltdown
10:00 13 Players Team DM
10:15 11 Players Team DM

I missed some earlier games. Actually when I first tried going on I noticed people were on at 8:15PM, so I missed a good hour of play. When I looked at the clan list, it looked like the games had 12 Players, and that fluctuated by a few players during that hour. What type of modes did you play?

But from what I've played, we got Assault 50% of the time Team Objective was picked...sounds good to me!

I don't think we played another clan tonight...I saw a small group of SOS in one Team DM...but I didn't notice any clan on clan battles. I mention this only because perhaps that is factored in some of the matchmaking and what type of mode is being played? I would understand it if it were the case that Assault was more likely chosen if 2 Clans (or parties) were going at it, and Meltdown if there was only 1 large Clan (or party) on one side.

Crypto

Banned
Horrible, I was playing some Resistance online just tonight, and I couldn't even get in a good game...

On another note, I hate it how now everyone in Unranked either plays 'infinite ammo' or 'one shot kills'...

Dizzan

MINI Member
Crypto said:
Horrible, I was playing some Resistance online just tonight, and I couldn't even get in a good game...

On another note, I hate it how now everyone in Unranked either plays 'infinite ammo' or 'one shot kills'...

I love one shot kills.

Crypto

Banned
Dizzan said:
I love one shot kills.

It's more of a noob thing, I'd say. I'm quite good at Resistance 'vanilla' myself. One shot kills (especially those one shot kill servers that allow weapons beyond the sniper rifle) really bring up the luck factor of the game.

Kittonwy

Banned
Crypto said:

That's why we have a clan because playing with a clan really improves the overall experience. I pretty much stay away from unranked games unless it's done within the clan, and even then I prefer ranked over unranked.

sutdawg

Last night was pretty funny... anytime we get Assualt I'll call that a good night! For those who stayed on late, CTF was kind of fun. With the exception of the first round(since it took so long that we ran out of time) -- for those not there... their entire team played defense, they wouldn't even try for our flag, so frustrating!

neogaf_cage_free

Chimera Apologist
sutdawg said:
One thing I've noticed is that we seem to be getting players "kicked" from the party(message reads "Kicked from Party") just as we're joining a game... It's not happening all the time but it is definately happening more frequently, actually it just seemed to start since the last update. When it does happen it seems to kick multiple people at the same time (most times it's one or two people, a couple of times I think it was three).
Not sure if it's a user error, PSN error or RFOM online error... any thoughts?

How often have you guys seen this? And have you noticed whether the size of the party has any impact on it?

(Basically this means that one member of the party didn't get into the game before the timeout for starting the game).

Big-E

sutdawg said:
Last night was pretty funny... anytime we get Assualt I'll call that a good night! For those who stayed on late, CTF was kind of fun. With the exception of the first round(since it took so long that we ran out of time) -- for those not there... their entire team played defense, they wouldn't even try for our flag, so frustrating!

That a stupid game and the funny thing is that they had more deaths than us. They had no honour.

Beatbox

alien from planet Highscore
Big-E said:
That a stupid game and the funny thing is that they had more deaths than us. They had no honour.

When I was playing defense the first round I was on my computer 80% of the time and only looking up every now and then :lol

sutdawg

neogaf_cage_free said:
How often have you guys seen this? And have you noticed whether the size of the party has any impact on it?

(Basically this means that one member of the party didn't get into the game before the timeout for starting the game).

I think it happened once or twice last night too and we didn't have a full party, between 10-16 people in the party. From what I remember the games weren't full either.

The Jer

neogaf_cage_free said:

It happened to me once a couple weeks ago. I was the last one to join the party and I saw either the searching for ranked game or the joining ranked game message in the window on the left as soon as soon as I entered the party. I recieved a message that told me I was kicked from the party and I was back at the main online MP screen. I joined up next game with no problems. I believe there was ~13 other people in the party at the time.

FightyF

Banned
Happened to me only once in all my matches. I do think that I was the last to join, but it's not like we joined a game right away...there was some discussion and stuff in the lobby, after a couple of minutes we try to get into the game, and IIRC I saw a glimpse of the matchup lobby, and then got that message.

Aeon712

M3 I'll be able to join you, but thats not what I logged on to ask. Bestbuy just got a bunch of cool new gaming accessories this week and 1 is a PS3 Blu Tooth headset from Gameshark. Thinking of picking it up since we only got one in and I'm off in 30min. Question for the people using BT headsets are they any good?

Aeon712

Beatbox,Sutdawg,M3 and Tanod all left me to die last night after they kicked me from a CTF game :(. What sucked is that after I was kicked I decided to do a FFA which happened to have members from the same clan the way they were talking about so and so not making it made me and a few others think they've found a way to join ffa's as a clan. Then they started talking about remembering the spot and of course the spot in question was a wall glitch. Argh darn losers hid in the walls the whole ffa.

The Jer

theBishop said:
how do we join that game?

You don't. :D
You realize that the game is full and you won't be able to join.
Then you join a party with a group of GAFfers and have a lot of fun.

Last time there was a custom game with "Insomniac" in the name. It was pretty easy to spot the custom game by it's name.

M3Freak

Banned
Aeon712 said:
Beatbox,Sutdawg,M3 and Tanod all left me to die last night after they kicked me from a CTF game :(. What sucked is that after I was kicked I decided to do a FFA which happened to have members from the same clan the way they were talking about so and so not making it made me and a few others think they've found a way to join ffa's as a clan. Then they started talking about remembering the spot and of course the spot in question was a wall glitch. Argh darn losers hid in the walls the whole ffa.

I think I've run into more glitches and problems after the patch than I did before it. Or maybe I'm just playing more so I'm seeing the busted bits more often.

Anyway, did you make a note of the clan dudes? You should get on the myresistance.net forums and let Insomniac know.

sutdawg

M3Freak said:
Anyway, did you make a note of the clan dudes? You should get on the myresistance.net forums and let Insomniac know.

I think I got one of their names... it was [GAF]Aeon712. :D Yup it was definately him in the wall! :lol

Aeon712

sutdawg said:
I think I got one of their names... it was [GAF]Aeon712. :D Yup it was definately him in the wall! :lol
shhhh Stevenson and Ross post here

*Edit* Sweet 6500 posts before new maps

ChryZ

Hey, I'm almost done revenging all my deaths. Perfect night to break even :D

dossier.png

My Bullseye:Rifle ratio is somewhat amusing :lol

I'm pretty happy with my stats so far, being a 1st person shooter n00b and all.

Aeon712

ChryZ said:
Hey, I'm almost done revenging all my deaths. Perfect night to break even :D

My Bullseye:Rifle ratio is somewhat amusing :lol

I'm pretty happy with my stats so far, being a 1st person shooter n00b and all.
Niceness, I was the same way last month, once you get 1.0 there's no going back. To make sure I'm now almost +900 kills.

Top Bottom