• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Resistance: Fall of Man - The Official Thread

Bad_Boy

time to take my meds
Sorry I didn't play with you guys. Was playing in a custom server showing a friend the ropes to playing. :p

I'll be playing tomorrow if any of you guys are on. Sounds like you all had fun tonight. :)

Beatbox

alien from planet Highscore
Big-E said:
Just add one of the GAF clan members to your friends list and say you are from GAF.

Yeah add these people to your Resistance friends and you should be good nearly every night -

M3Freak
Big-E
RemyVJA
Kittonwy

and you already have me.

msdstc

Incredibly Naive
Beatbox said:
Yeah add these people to your Resistance friends and you should be good nearly every night -

M3Freak
Big-E
RemyVJA
Kittonwy

and you already have me.

alright thanks man, sometimes I'll be in with my clan, but whenever I'm ready I'll send you a message and I'll join up.

Angelcurio

Awesome games last night. Finally made my headset work ingame :)

The only bad thing is that we got too many meltdown games. By the time we got the third meltdown game in a row, i was starting to get really pissed.

Insomniac should really check whats going on with the games generator.

ZROCOOL

aka II VerTigo II
I couldn't make it to last nights game, my brother wanted to rank in Gears(Annex) and we had some fun. I'm now rank 2000 with 975 kills, 324 deaths, and that's all I know at the moment.

Lain

If someone is able to answer me a couple multiplayer questions, I'd like to know:

Why sometimes in CTF games I can't see on the map where my flag is when it gets stolen?

Why didn't Insomniac made it easier to see who's part of a different team in those Humans VS Humans or Chimeras VS Chimera games? Maybe it is just me, but sometimes it is hard for me to get right away if the dude that's coming from afar is a teammate or an enemy and by the time I find out it is too late. This only happens sometimes, but it is still frustrating.
Giving the blue and orange squads a blue and orange hue to make it clear to which team they belong would have been such a better idea imho.

msdstc

Incredibly Naive
Lain said:
If someone is able to answer me a couple multiplayer questions, I'd like to know:

Why sometimes in CTF games I can't see on the map where my flag is when it gets stolen?

Why didn't Insomniac made it easier to see who's part of a different team in those Humans VS Humans or Chimeras VS Chimera games? Maybe it is just me, but sometimes it is hard for me to get right away if the dude that's coming from afar is a teammate or an enemy and by the time I find out it is too late. This only happens sometimes, but it is still frustrating.
Giving the blue and orange squads a blue and orange hue to make it clear to which team they belong would have been such a better idea imho.

you can only see where your teams flag is if you have the other teams flag also. As for the chimera vs chimera, human vs. human, it is a little difficult to tell at first, but as you get used to it you start to recognize the difference in the skins, in this case humans is something like british vs. american, and chimera is steelhead vs. hybrid.

Aeon712

Lain said:
That reminds me of this one game we played before I knew that the other humans either have or don't have helmets on. I was wedging with about 3 or 4 other gaffers or so I thought when all of a sudden boom shotgun to the face. I couldn't stop laughing and nobody seemed to notice he was with us till I died :lol.

Lain

Thank you.

I still wish they'd made it easier to distinguish teams, but at least now I know there's some little differencies.

Kittonwy

Banned
msdstc said:
hey kittonwy do you have a mic?

edit- Hey do I have to join gaf clan to play with you guys, because I'm kind of already in a clan with my friends. I'm thinking about sticking to gaf though, the big games and all in the same party are alot more intense, either way thanks for the rounds tonight. :)

Yep.

Kittonwy

Banned
kittens2015.jpg

^^ TEH GAF WEDGE ATTACKS!!!111!!!
Indifferent2.gif

RAWR!!!
angry.gif

Tonight is...

SUNDAY NIGHT!!! HAVE YOU GOT WHAT IT TAKES TO BE BALLIN'???!!!111!!!
Indifferent2.gif

Don't forget about the scheduled game tonight at 6pm PST..

Reposted for great justice:

ChimNeoGAF.jpg

List of people who clearly posted their PSN tag in this thread (for US version of Resistance):

NeoGAF name: - PSN tag: - Time Zone:

kaching - kaching (NeoGAF NA Clan-leader, PM your details)

Clan roster: http://spreadsheets.google.com/pub?key=p62Ro_nUUSfscF9g032W-Aw

ResistanceGAF00.jpg

For all the Noobs

TO JOIN:

1) LOGIN to Resistance MP online at least one time.

2) LEAVE any clan you are in right now.

3) PM kaching on NEOGAF to get added to the clan roster.

4) WAIT a couple days for him to get back to you.

5) In the meantime if you want to play with the clan, send one of the gaffers a buddy invite (please tell him you are from gaf) so he can get you invited to the party. ^_^

ResClan.gif

Standard meet up times (for whenever you have the opportunity):

Tuesdays 6pm PST

Saturdays 6pm PST

Sundays 6pm PST

(Monday Jan 29th: Times adjusted slightly in favor of the ESTeemed)

[NEW] CLAN PAGE!!!

Recently updated with news, including the new ban policy, please visit and read.

http://vjarmy.com/clangaf/

The login is "gaf", and the password is a five-letter word starting with "w" that is frequently used within the clan. (If you can't figure it out, PM Remy.)

If anyone wants rights to help contribute, please drop Remy a PM about that as well.

Suggestions suggest(!) that creating parties and going into ranked games together would be the preferred thing to do for the meet ups. So no longer do the first one to get online create a room but instead invite everyone to a party. This however makes it very important that you're all a part of the NeoGAF clan (pm kaching with details, make sure you've logged on to Resistance online at least once before) or simply have all folks listed above on your friend list. Again, the first one to get online should start a party and invite the others as they come online.

Also, it has come to my attention that over 20 people have started to show up for these meetups and that means one party is not enough. If that is the case then one of you simply need to create a second party. If you're the party leader (of either) then posting your details in this thread would be helpful.

The Wedge tactic explained:

The "flying wedge" is the term given to our tendency to mob together in a violent swarm and shoot the everliving hell out of anyone who dares get near us. It leads to multiple assists per kill which leads to a 20-60% increase in points. 16 points for a kill is far better than 10!

It does not, despite its name, resemble a true flying wedge - although generally whoever is at the front of the pack will get gunned down while those behind break through and destroy the opposition. So maybe it's not completely inaccurate.

Also people, it would be a big plus if everyone invested in a headset. For headset details and recommendations, follow this link. Good group play is helped by using your headset to report in changes that occur in the heat of battle. Enemy groups, Snipers, Node status and so forth.

A great addition
was made to http://www.myresistance.net on Monday Feb 5th in the form of leaderboards viewable straight from the site. It's time to get famous or die trying.

explainedCat3.gif

http://myresistance.net/ulead.php

For those who missed the details on the 1st UPDATE (aka patch) which released December 21st you can read the details here.

Hey all-

Insomniac Games and Sony Computer Entertainment are happy to announce that we will be instituting a new ban policy for Resistance: Fall of Man online gameplay, effective immediately. Players may report cheaters using lag devices or using exploits to leave the intended playable area. Make a report by sending a private message to the MyResistance.Net "cheating" account (username: cheating). Cheating and the use of in-game exploits is not allowed in any game type, including custom and private games.

To enforce this policy we have in-game moderators documenting players who are involved in using, discovering, or sharing exploits with others. These moderators have the ability to join and observe any game or user in ranked, custom, or private games without the knowledge of the players in those games.

Initial bans for first-time offenders will be 24 hours. Bans will grow in length with each successive rules-violation, and attempts to circumvent a ban are grounds for an extension of it.

If you have questions, please feel free to post them in this thread.

Thanks!
Insomniac Games/Sony Computer Entertainment

PS! Please don't quote this post unless you're on a new page (where this isn't posted).

Aeon712

Pristine_Condition said:
Good work on the sniper medal.

Secondary fire on the Dragon is pretty cool. I suck at it though. Good luck!
Why thank you :), and I suck at it also. My new method for using it is strictly on Chimera and using it as a machine gun by constantly tapping the fire button. Takes out like 1 bar per shot so they're dead in about 4 shots and I don't suicide anymore :D.

Def Kills 567

I need 2000 for the medal :(, is it wrong that I'll be hoping for a bunch of meltdown games tonight?

sutdawg

Aeon712 said:
Def Kills 567

I need 2000 for the medal :(, is it wrong that I'll be hoping for a bunch of meltdown games tonight?

Not only is it wrong, but I think it is some kind of Mortal Sin to wish for many Meltdown games! :lol

Aeon712

TGateKeeper said:
Is there a spot on my resistance that tell you your clan rank/best clan??
Nah they don't track clan stats, for that gamebattles.??? seems to be the way to tell the top clans. Thats why we are always getting asked for a GB.

I need to stop killing people before they reach the node so I can get a def kill :mad:)

sutdawg

Aeon712 said:
Nah they don't track clan stats, for that gamebattles.??? seems to be the way to tell the top clans. Thats why we are always getting asked for a GB.

I need to stop killing people before they reach the node so I can get a def kill :mad:)

Gamebattle is for chumps! Me and efertilis just played a game at rooftops against a clan tag name [SIN]-- they were a bunch of laggers. We lost the first round, then someone our our team said they were the 5th best clan in the game(I'm assuming by gamebattle standards).... simply put, we destroyed them the second game as humans! GAF will eat your Gamebattles! :lol

Aeon712

sutdawg said:
Gamebattle is for chumps! Me and efertilis just played a game at rooftops against a clan tag name [SIN]-- they were a bunch of laggers. We lost the first round, then someone our our team said they were the 5th best clan in the game(I'm assuming by gamebattle standards).... simply put, we destroyed them the second game as humans! GAF will eat your Gamebattles! :lol
I expect nothing less in my absence(shakes head 2x)

Been working through the SP on easy trying to get all the skill points and documents.

Thankfully i found a great thread that had youtube videos by a guy showing how to do them. That saved me a lot of time.

Although i'm pissed because i completed the Jeep speed trap skill point with 6 minutes in some change but i didn't get the point. Now i died several times in the first zone. So the only thing i can think is it counts the deaths and reloads against you. Ooooooh i was so mad!

Especially since you can't stage select it, there's a checkpoint in the middle of the zone, and its a timed mission. Such a pain

OK...I need a little advice from you guys about Resistance.

I started playing again today after a little break and find myself wondering what other people use for a controller configuration. Do most people use the L2 and R2 triggers or L1 and R1 for primary and alt fire? What about everyones controller sensitivity...I have to keep mine low (3) just to keep from going all over the place....just curious as to what everyone is using.

Kittonwy

Banned
Arde0 said:

I started playing again today after a little break and find myself wondering what other people use for a controller configuration. Do most people use the L2 and R2 triggers or L1 and R1 for primary and alt fire? What about everyones controller sensitivity...I have to keep mine low (3) just to keep from going all over the place....just curious as to what everyone is using.

I've been using the default config since the game was released.
Indifferent2.gif

M3Freak

Banned
Aeon712 said:
Weapon-Sniper Rifle
Kills-102
^^^Got my freaking medal:D, next up is the flame thrower :(

Nice! I'm still working on my sniping medal: 48 more kills to go. 75 more for the Dragon medal.

I haven't had much time for FFA, so my stats haben't been moving much lately, except for my K/D ratio, which is slowly, but consistently, improving. I'm at .915 at the moment.

Looking forward to tonight since I didn't get to play much yesterday. Starting late and getting those kicked messages twice really messed me up.

The Jer

Arde0 said:

I play with the standard default controls. I use a relatively low turning sensitivity of 4 (Ironically, I play with a super high sensitivity when playing with keyboard/mouse; I can turn around about five times or so without picking up my hand). But, it's different, I tend to jam the stick all the way to one side or another. But that's partly a product of my personal experiences. Most of my console FPS experience has been with a 64 or Playstation contoller, which have "light sticks." I jam the stick all the way to one side and tag/shoot as my cursor passes over them. I'm very comfortable with the Playstaion controller and the standard setup (R1 as trigger, etc.), so I've been using default since the start and didn't really think twice about it.

My advice: do whatever you like and whatever you think feels the most comfortable.

Also, I think I'll be able to be just sit down and play Resistance tonight. *crosses fingers*
I'll probably see ya'll online tonight.
I played every clan night for about three months straight. Then, I kind of fell off the face of the Earth. I'm gonna be really rusty.

msdstc

Incredibly Naive
anybody have the airfuel medal? I have no idea how to get kills with those except just blindly tossing them into the flag area or the node areas, anybody have good spots to use them?

M3Freak

Banned
Angelcurio said:
The only bad thing is that we got too many meltdown games. By the time we got the third meltdown game in a row, i was starting to get really pissed.

Insomniac should really check whats going on with the games generator.

I'm starting to think we're getting a lot of the same game types because there aren't as many people playing ranked team objective games anymore. I could be wrong, but that's my feeling anyway.

Tanod, how's the spreadsheet looking? How many Meltdown games have we had so far? Feels like we've played those about 85% of the time.

Beatbox

alien from planet Highscore
msdstc said:
anybody have the airfuel medal? I have no idea how to get kills with those except just blindly tossing them into the flag area or the node areas, anybody have good spots to use them?

There is no medal for airfuels. Just one grenade medal and I believe you just need to get 100 frag kills.

In case you didn't know. You can hold in circle as you throw the airfuels and the gas will spread a bit larger than normal. Release circle and it will ignite. You have about 15 seconds before it will automatically ignite.

msdstc

Incredibly Naive
M3Freak said:
I'm starting to think we're getting a lot of the same game types because there aren't as many people playing ranked team objective games anymore. I could be wrong, but that's my feeling anyway.

Tanod, how's the spreadsheet looking? How many Meltdown games have we had so far? Feels like we've played those about 85% of the time.

from the time I started which was a while back, there's actually ALOT more CTF now, since the last update actually alot more CTF has been goin on, most CTF games are around 16 players though, and gaf parties usually reach about that alone on one team, I think meltdown/assault/breach are mostly for the bigger games.

msdstc

Incredibly Naive
ehh my internet reset on one game, and then I got kicked out of the party for the second game... randomly happens sometimes no matter what party me or my friends are in sometimes a person will randomly be booted? I guess I won't be any more trouble for tonight, thanks for the games while it lasted guys good luck.

Kittonwy

Banned
calder said:
That was pretty fun. :)

Wow did we get bent over that one meltdown round. :-o I'm sore just thinking about it.

LOL, I dislike losing team objective games a bit more than tdm, we were leading in that one too, once we lost the node in the middle it was kind of hard to get it back, oh well.
Indifferent2.gif

M3Freak

Banned
For those of you that missed it:

1. When you get a kill, say "Giggady".
2. When you get an assist, say "Goo".

This is mandatory. You will be banned if you don't do it.

just kidding...but it's funny as hell

Tonight was a blast - had lots of fun. It was also nice telling the opposition that we would probably win before the TD started.

patsu

Yeah... game was fun. But my last TDM game was very disruptive. Had to hide under the staircase frequently when my kid and wife came to daddy for support and love. :)

I think a few of you dropped by the stairs to check me out.

FightyF

Banned
About game controls...In my opinion, it's not a bad plan to stick with defaults.

I originally wanted a particular setup, but it's weird, the game doesn't allow some particular functions to some particular buttons.

But I did switch it for a good month, to have jump on the L1...and as my stats started going down, I was thinking, "don't worry, you'll get used to it!", but I guess I didn't.

Put it back on default, and I'm doing a lot better. I suppose it's because every since playing the single player with default controls, it's hardcoded into my brain or something. :p

I also did have, for the longest time, the controls set so that when I run over a weapon, I do not automatically switch to it. I changed it back recently, but I think I'm going to take it off again. I don't know what the pros do as far as this is concerned...

I'm sorry for not able to make it to the games to record our Team Objective stats...I was busy. I'd like to be on most nights throughout this next week though! That or Halo 2 (new maps). So if anyone is down for a Monday nighter, post here and if there are a handful of people I'll be on. Otherwise I'll wait until Tuesday.

-edit-
please ignore my grammar/spelling, I'm tired right now :p

FightyF

Banned
patsu said:
Yeah... game was fun. But my last TDM game was very disruptive. Had to hide under the staircase frequently when my kid and wife came to daddy for support and love. :)

I think a few of you dropped by the stairs to check me out.

Yeah, I've once hid under the staircase to go to the bathroom once. Very handy spot.

Fight for Freeform said:
About game controls...In my opinion, it's not a bad plan to stick with defaults.

I originally wanted a particular setup, but it's weird, the game doesn't allow some particular functions to some particular buttons.

But I did switch it for a good month, to have jump on the L1...and as my stats started going down, I was thinking, "don't worry, you'll get used to it!", but I guess I didn't.

Put it back on default, and I'm doing a lot better. I suppose it's because every since playing the single player with default controls, it's hardcoded into my brain or something. :p

I also did have, for the longest time, the controls set so that when I run over a weapon, I do not automatically switch to it. I changed it back recently, but I think I'm going to take it off again. I don't know what the pros do as far as this is concerned...

These functions can't be mapped to the d-pad:
Primary Fire
Alt Fire
Toggle Zoom

because when you zoom in with the sniper rifle the d-pad is automatically remapped to the zoom-in/out controls, and you'd be kinda screwed if you didn't have access to any of those functions.

Additionally, "weapon select" can't be mapped to circle or X - because when you have the weapon select open X will pick up a weapon and let you move it around, and when you're in second playthrough of a campaign game circle will change betweens pages of the weapon select menu.

As far as auto-switch, I recommend you use "Swap if better" - it'll only swap to weapons considered better than the one you're currently using. "But how do I know which ones are better?", you ask? Well, I'm glad you asked, because as it so happens when you open up your weapon select menu, you'll notice numbers next to each weapon slot. You can move the weapons around on the ring any way you want, and weapons with a lower number are considered "better" than weapons with a higher number, so you can customize your "Swap if better" to auto swap only to the weapons you like more.

Hope that helps.

msdstc

Incredibly Naive
Kittonwy said:
LOL, I dislike losing team objective games a bit more than tdm, we were leading in that one too, once we lost the node in the middle it was kind of hard to get it back, oh well.
Indifferent2.gif

I believe that was my fault, if that's the game I got kicked out of... losing a player makes a huge difference, maybe I should cut out before 11 EST, that's when my verison resets itself EVERY night, and I don't know why. I called verizon they told me to deal with it.

The Jer

Hey,

does anyone know if there is any way I could get a hold of those Resistance dossiers a bunch of you folks got in the mail? I'm pretty interested in having one of those, but I never recieved one. :(

Aeon712

The Jer said:
Hey,

does anyone know if there is any way I could get a hold of those Resistance dossiers a bunch of you folks got in the mail? I'm pretty interested in having one of those, but I never recieved one. :(
I'd also like to know that, I registered my copy of the game and my PS3 and never received one.

Top Bottom