• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Resistance: Fall of Man - The Official Thread

Beatbox

alien from planet Highscore
M3Freak said:
I think I've run into more glitches and problems after the patch than I did before it. Or maybe I'm just playing more so I'm seeing the busted bits more often.

Anyway, did you make a note of the clan dudes? You should get on the myresistance.net forums and let Insomniac know.

I reported 4 or 5 people last night :( It was was annoying that we had to spend the entire second round at Lexington keeping those guys from getting into the control tower glitch again. They must have tried a dozen times but we kept them out.

sutdawg

Beatbox said:
I reported 4 or 5 people last night :( It was was annoying that we had to spend the entire second round at Lexington keeping those guys from getting into the control tower glitch again. They must have tried a dozen times but we kept them out.

Without that glitch, that guy went from a K/D of 19-2 in the first round (while glitching) to something like 2-25 in the second round. He end the game minus on kill deaths.... just goes to show you how much glitching can change the game.

Aeon712

Beatbox said:
I hated that first round, my sniper shots wouldn't go through the glass but his rifle came out.

M3Freak

Banned
Beatbox said:

That glitch still works?! Damn. Actually, the glitch in Somerset that let people get up on the wall in your base and onto the grass is still there too - I've been sniped from there just this past week.

Norml

I just played the single player again but with surround sound on real high. The one level
where you first fight the robot thing, the sound when that dropship comes and leaves is awesome.

v1c

This is my first post, woo hoo. I figured i would post here first since being able to play resistance online with you guys is the main reason i stopped lurking and actually joined gaf. I've had a great time in the clan. Hopefully I can get on tonight. See you guys later!

ps. Some advice to the newbies: Don't try playing drunk! I did one night and I came in last place in all my games. Soooo embarrassing! lol

Kittonwy

Banned
Clinttonwy.jpg

^^ DID I FIRE ONE ROCKET WITH MY LAARK, OR DID FIRE TWO? DO YA FEELZ LUCKY, PUNK? WELL, DO YA?
Indifferent2.gif

RAWR!!!
angry.gif

Tonight is...

SATURDAY NIGHT!!! TIME TO DISPENSE PEDOBEAR PWNAGE, GAF-STYLE!!!111!!!
Indifferent2.gif

Don't forget about the scheduled game tonight at 6pm PST..

Reposted for great justice:

ChimNeoGAF.jpg

List of people who clearly posted their PSN tag in this thread (for US version of Resistance):

NeoGAF name: - PSN tag: - Time Zone:

kaching - kaching (NeoGAF NA Clan-leader, PM your details)

Clan roster: http://spreadsheets.google.com/pub?key=p62Ro_nUUSfscF9g032W-Aw

ResistanceGAF00.jpg

For all the Noobs

TO JOIN:

1) LOGIN to Resistance MP online at least one time.

2) LEAVE any clan you are in right now.

3) PM kaching on NEOGAF to get added to the clan roster.

4) WAIT a couple days for him to get back to you.

5) In the meantime if you want to play with the clan, send one of the gaffers a buddy invite (please tell him you are from gaf) so he can get you invited to the party. ^_^

ResClan.gif

Standard meet up times (for whenever you have the opportunity):

Tuesdays 6pm PST

Saturdays 6pm PST

Sundays 6pm PST

(Monday Jan 29th: Times adjusted slightly in favor of the ESTeemed)

[NEW] CLAN PAGE!!!

Recently updated with news, including the new ban policy, please visit and read.

http://vjarmy.com/clangaf/

The login is "gaf", and the password is a five-letter word starting with "w" that is frequently used within the clan. (If you can't figure it out, PM Remy.)

If anyone wants rights to help contribute, please drop Remy a PM about that as well.

Suggestions suggest(!) that creating parties and going into ranked games together would be the preferred thing to do for the meet ups. So no longer do the first one to get online create a room but instead invite everyone to a party. This however makes it very important that you're all a part of the NeoGAF clan (pm kaching with details, make sure you've logged on to Resistance online at least once before) or simply have all folks listed above on your friend list. Again, the first one to get online should start a party and invite the others as they come online.

Also, it has come to my attention that over 20 people have started to show up for these meetups and that means one party is not enough. If that is the case then one of you simply need to create a second party. If you're the party leader (of either) then posting your details in this thread would be helpful.

The Wedge tactic explained:

The "flying wedge" is the term given to our tendency to mob together in a violent swarm and shoot the everliving hell out of anyone who dares get near us. It leads to multiple assists per kill which leads to a 20-60% increase in points. 16 points for a kill is far better than 10!

It does not, despite its name, resemble a true flying wedge - although generally whoever is at the front of the pack will get gunned down while those behind break through and destroy the opposition. So maybe it's not completely inaccurate.

Also people, it would be a big plus if everyone invested in a headset. For headset details and recommendations, follow this link. Good group play is helped by using your headset to report in changes that occur in the heat of battle. Enemy groups, Snipers, Node status and so forth.

A great addition
was made to http://www.myresistance.net on Monday Feb 5th in the form of leaderboards viewable straight from the site. It's time to get famous or die trying.

explainedCat3.gif

http://myresistance.net/ulead.php

For those who missed the details on the 1st UPDATE (aka patch) which released December 21st you can read the details here.

Hey all-

Insomniac Games and Sony Computer Entertainment are happy to announce that we will be instituting a new ban policy for Resistance: Fall of Man online gameplay, effective immediately. Players may report cheaters using lag devices or using exploits to leave the intended playable area. Make a report by sending a private message to the MyResistance.Net "cheating" account (username: cheating). Cheating and the use of in-game exploits is not allowed in any game type, including custom and private games.

To enforce this policy we have in-game moderators documenting players who are involved in using, discovering, or sharing exploits with others. These moderators have the ability to join and observe any game or user in ranked, custom, or private games without the knowledge of the players in those games.

Initial bans for first-time offenders will be 24 hours. Bans will grow in length with each successive rules-violation, and attempts to circumvent a ban are grounds for an extension of it.

If you have questions, please feel free to post them in this thread.

Thanks!
Insomniac Games/Sony Computer Entertainment

PS! Please don't quote this post unless you're on a new page (where this isn't posted).

sutdawg

II VerTigo II said:
Will do, hopefully I can make that match tonight. Central time here btw

It may take a couple of days to get your invite. Just send one of us a message in game for a party invite. My PSN is sutdawg.

man i just played an afternoon's worth of ranked games....and i still suck :(

the worst is when i'd be on a team of random folks and the other side would have the majority in the same clan. Then i knew we were screwed.

What i don't get is, they state ranked will match you up with same skilled players but the ranks are all over the place. Seems pretty random to me. Also i don't understand how you win in a two round match. I've done instances where our team lost the first and won the second. Then i leave and look at my stats and it says i lost!!

JB1981

gketter said:
man i just played an afternoon's worth of ranked games....and i still suck :(

the worst is when i'd be on a team of random folks and the other side would have the majority in the same clan. Then i knew we were screwed.

What i don't get is, they state ranked will match you up with same skilled players but the ranks are all over the place. Seems pretty random to me. Also i don't understand how you win in a two round match. I've done instances where our team lost the first and won the second. Then i leave and look at my stats and it says i lost!!
yeah, i'm pretty sure it is all over the place. my theory is that there aren't enough players online to match people up like that, so they just throw everyone into the same pot.

Aeon712

Beatbox said:
A gigantic party of 4 going on now. Where you guys at????
Still at work :(

msdstc said:
alright any way I could join in for tonight? I know I'm a junior member, but I'm not bad at resistance.
Efertlisdotcom is prob the party leader so send him a message in game to be added.

M3Freak

Banned
I'll be on, but now it's going to be @ 11:30 p.m. EST. I bought a computer desk for our family room today, and I spent the last two hours putting it together, cleaning up, etc.

I'm going to finish watching Stargate Atlantis episode 11, and then hop on. Hopefully there are a bunch of you still on then!

calder

Woo, finally got around to finishing the SP campaign. Great game, awesome ending, and the last few levels were mind-blowing from a technical viewpoint IMO. Can't wait to see what the very last cutscene means. :D

Going to play a bit of multi now, might try to find the gaf games.

Angelcurio

Finally back from traveling. I was out for 4 days. I will joind the game in about 10 minutes.

BTW, holy christ, that 1.70 firmware update certainly took a while to download. Either the PSN is really slow today or the update was like 2gb big >_>

I cant download the new trailers, i keep receiving errors. Something weird must be going on in the network.

Alias03

Angelcurio said:
Finally back from traveling. I was out for 4 days. I will joind the game in about 10 minutes.

BTW, holy christ, that 1.70 firmware update certainly took a while to download. Either the PSN is really slow today or the update was like 2gb big >_>

I cant download the new trailers, i keep receiving errors. Something weird must be going on in the network.

took me about 10 mins and ive downloaded a bunch of stuff since.....I dont think it's the network???

msdstc

Incredibly Naive
thanks for the games tonight, sorry had to cut out early we did pretty good though. played about 10 games we only lost that one, so close though.

Well that was my first night with the GAF clan and i had a lot of fun. Thanks for letting me tag along, and not weigh you guys down too much. That was more fun than the random team games i played in the afternoon. Plus i leveled up a bunch! Now after playing a full day of Resistance online i need to rest my eyes!!

P.S. I am DarkKnight77 on PSN/Resistance :)

Kittonwy

Banned
Tonight was a good night, still too many meltdown games, I was pretty tired and drunk by the last meltdown game, although my first beer helped me alot on the first tdm I played.
Indifferent2.gif

msdstc

Incredibly Naive
hey kittonwy do you have a mic?

edit- Hey do I have to join gaf clan to play with you guys, because I'm kind of already in a clan with my friends. I'm thinking about sticking to gaf though, the big games and all in the same party are alot more intense, either way thanks for the rounds tonight. :)

Big-E

msdstc said:
hey kittonwy do you have a mic?

edit- Hey do I have to join gaf clan to play with you guys, because I'm kind of already in a clan with my friends. I'm thinking about sticking to gaf though, the big games and all in the same party are alot more intense, either way thanks for the rounds tonight. :)

Just add one of the GAF clan members to your friends list and say you are from GAF.

Top Bottom