• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Resistance: Fall of Man - The Official Thread

Kittonwy

Banned
sutdawg said:
Last night was awesome... I really enjoy playing with a full party, we're able to intiminate the other teams just by the number of us. Plus the added advantage of getting Assualt and Breech is great!

Dude you were ballin' last night.
gladtomeetya.gif

calder

Fight for Freeform said:
-addendum-
Now I know why calder was owning me when I was switched over after the team balancing...to get some revenge on behalf of the Flames.
I like to think that, somewhere - somehow, Jarome knew I had avenged him. And he was pleased.

iginla_060704bs.jpg

"It doesn't really make me feel much better about that first round bed-shitting... but thanks?"

TONX

Distinguished Air Superiority
i was looking through the thread and i didnt see this posted.

Feel free to mame me if this has been said already, but did anyone notice that under players met icon on the XMB buddy list, it shows people you played with on Resistance? I'm not sure it did that before, but its pretty sweet.

Aeon712

TONX said:

Feel free to mame me if this has been said already, but did anyone notice that under players met icon on the XMB buddy list, it shows people you played with on Resistance? I'm not sure it did that before, but its pretty sweet.
It was added during the last patch, since it's been added my random friend requests and messages have gone up.

Remy

TONX said:

It was added in the last patch.

The Jer

TONX said:

IT"S BEEN MENTIONED!!!!
PLEASE READ THE WHOLE THREAD, ALL 6000+ POSTS, BEFORE ASKING THESE KINDS OF QUESTIONS!!!!

Ya, it was added in the lasy patch. It's kind of cool feature. More than anything, it feeds the obsessiveness I have about those kind of things working.

I noticed it holds up to 50 people.... The same as the amount of people as the buddy list....

calder

Cool, I never saw that global Players Met thing before.

If any Resistance ppl want to add me to your global friends list by all means do. :) It'll be cool for when CaC drops (and, eventually, Warhawk).

M3Freak

Banned
I was plpaying earlier tonight. Saw sutdawg and a few other guys. While waiting, me and sutdawg got into a party and started up a TD.

It was going well - I got #1 first round. Second round starts, kill a couple of guys, and boom, I get a network error, diconnecting me from the online game. What's worse is that my PS3 locked up too - wth?!

I decided to just call it a night at that point. Sad really...I was playing so well, and was up for a couple more games. ::sigh::

I saw some guys up high up on the rooftops of Sommerset (in the village section of the orange camp) in a Capture the Flag match @_@

I have no idea how they did that, but it was pretty amusing. Glitch? @_@

gogogow

TheJollyCorner said:
I saw some guys up high up on the rooftops of Sommerset (in the village section of the orange camp) in a Capture the Flag match @_@

I have no idea how they did that, but it was pretty amusing. Glitch? @_@
Yeah, saw that too. I was very careful before I was gonna take the flag, so I was scouting the area and no one was in one of those houses, so I walk to the flag and BOOM HEADSHOT. I was like WTF!? When I went back I switched to my Fareye and there he was on the roof and BOOM HEADSHOT, got him.

When I was checking out the map, I also saw people that took my blue flag and went out of the map area. How do they do that?

Station42

I'm playing the Pal version on my Jap PS3, but I have no blood T__T ...any1 knows why, and if there's a way I can fix this? plz

tnx

The Jer

Station42 said:
I'm playing the Pal version on my Jap PS3, but I have no blood T__T ...any1 knows why, and if there's a way I can fix this? plz

tnx

Every disc is the same (except for Hong Kong and Taiwan, apparently). So there is no seperate PAL or NA or JP region discs. They are all the same. The disc detects the region the hardware is from. So, the hardware determines what "version" is played, not the disc.

This doesn't seem like a very bloody game to me, so I wouldn't worry about. The blood tends to be pretty minimal.

Station42

so it's be a restriction on the japanese hardware not on the disc...i see; well, i know it's not that bloody, but I'd like to have some blood here and there :p

tnx Jer

sutdawg

M3Freak said:
I was plpaying earlier tonight. Saw sutdawg and a few other guys. While waiting, me and sutdawg got into a party and started up a TD.

It was going well - I got #1 first round. Second round starts, kill a couple of guys, and boom, I get a network error, diconnecting me from the online game. What's worse is that my PS3 locked up too - wth?!

I decided to just call it a night at that point. Sad really...I was playing so well, and was up for a couple more games. ::sigh::

So that's where you went!

sutdawg

For those of you who played that annoying CTF game lastnight(the game wasn't annoying just that one guy on our team was) , I can't get that DAMN Partyboy song out of my head! Oh and by the way, he is ranked #1 in Flags Taken.....

Aeon712

sutdawg said:
Unfortunately I really want to hold onto mine... but just so you know, I just received mine a week or two ago and I registered with Sony and Insomniac at launch. It could still be on the way.
It's as if Sony is mocking me now, instead of sending me one they decide to send me a Singstar Pop thingy :(. No Home Beta email and no Resistance swag makes Aeon cry. Atleast I got the Sigma Demo.

jstevenson

Sailor Stevenson
Station42 said:
so it's be a restriction on the japanese hardware not on the disc...i see; well, i know it's not that bloody, but I'd like to have some blood here and there :p

tnx Jer

I believe you can get around this with a US Game Save from someone with US Hardware and a US disc (or perhaps PAL hardware and a PAL disc).

Raist

Banned
gogogow said:
Yeah, saw that too. I was very careful before I was gonna take the flag, so I was scouting the area and no one was in one of those houses, so I walk to the flag and BOOM HEADSHOT. I was like WTF!? When I went back I switched to my Fareye and there he was on the roof and BOOM HEADSHOT, got him.

When I was checking out the map, I also saw people that took my blue flag and went out of the map area. How do they do that?

HAX !

Burn 'em ! D:

http://www.videogame-news.com/story-18-insomniac-introduce-new-ban-policy-for-resistance.html

TTP

Have a fun! Enjoy!
Station42 said:
i found a couple of saves on gamefaqs, but ps3 don't read them, do i have to rename the folder as with psp? any1 knows?

btw, tnx for help! :D

did you copy it (the whole folder) on the HDD?
Besides, I recall trying to do that myslef lately for a friend of mine and it didn't work. I thought I made some mistake and didn't bother to investigate more. jstevenson, could you check if this "feature" has been removed with one of those two patches? I know for sure that PAL saves downloaded from the net work on PAL machines running PAL games, but maybe they fixed it so that saves are now console region dependant (ie: US saves are no go on JPN/EU machines).

Station42

TTP said:
did you copy it (the whole folder) on the HDD?
Besides, I recall trying to do that myslef lately for a friend of mine and it didn't work. I thought I made some mistake and didn't bother to investigate more. jstevenson, could you check if this "feature" has been removed with one of those two patches? I know for sure that PAL saves downloaded from the net work on PAL machines running PAL games, but maybe they fixed it so that saves are now console region dependant (ie: US saves are no go on JPN/EU machines).

it's not connected to the region i think, since i've downloaded a jap save data with unlocked blood from gamefaqs, on my jap ps3...the prob. is that ps3 detect the usb device, but it's "empty"...when it's not; maybe i have to rename the folder...well, i'll figure it out; tnx so much for help TTP.

TTP

Have a fun! Enjoy!
Station42 said:
it's not connected to the region i think, since i've downloaded a jap save data with unlocked blood from gamefaqs, on my jap ps3...the prob. is that ps3 detect the usb device, but it's "empty"...when it's not; maybe i have to rename the folder...well, i'll figure it out; tnx so much for help TTP.

Ah, I see. Create this dir on the USB device: PS3/SAVEDATA/[the whole folder you downloaded]. pop it into the PS3 and it should work

I finally picked up a Bluetooth headset! Got myself a Jabra JX10 - anyone using one of these?

The design totally matches the PS3 and so far the battery life seems pretty good. No mute button whatsoever kind of sucks.

Aeon712

Anyone up for some games tonight? Since the draft is tomorrow once I get home from work I'll be in Football mode with my tv set to the NFL channel.

M3Freak

Banned
Aeon712 said:
Anyone up for some games tonight? Since the draft is tomorrow once I get home from work I'll be in Football mode with my tv set to the NFL channel.

I'll play tonight, but not until 8:30 p.m. I hope you're still on then.

You going to play at all tomorrow?

Aeon712

M3Freak said:
I'll play tonight, but not until 8:30 p.m. I hope you're still on then.

You going to play at all tomorrow?
Doubt it, won't be home from work till 11:30. That's when I'll be watching the draft coverage and posting in the NFL Off Topic Thread about why the Eagles are winning the Super Bowl :D.

And YaY to maybe getting some people on tonight I'll interrupt Efertlis's gripshifting with a message to see if he wants to play at about 8:30.

I'm at 996 games, bout to get that 1000 game medal:), I've also come to accept that I won't get the 20kill medal in FFA I just tried and it cost me the win for the round :(.

Kittonwy

Banned
1097.jpg

^^ WAKE UP MAGGOTS!!! IT'S TIME FOR GAME BATTLE!!!111!!!
Indifferent2.gif

RAWR!!!
angry.gif

Tonight is...

SATURDAY NIGHT!!! TIME TO GAF THOSE SUCKAS WITH TEH WEDGE... OF GAF!!!111!!!
Indifferent2.gif

Don't forget about the scheduled game tonight at 6pm PST..

Reposted for great justice:

ChimNeoGAF.jpg

List of people who clearly posted their PSN tag in this thread (for US version of Resistance):

NeoGAF name: - PSN tag: - Time Zone:

kaching - kaching (NeoGAF NA Clan-leader, PM your details)

Clan roster: http://spreadsheets.google.com/pub?key=p62Ro_nUUSfscF9g032W-Aw

ResistanceGAF00.jpg

For all the Noobs

TO JOIN:

1) LOGIN to Resistance MP online at least one time.

2) LEAVE any clan you are in right now.

3) PM kaching on NEOGAF to get added to the clan roster.

4) WAIT a couple days for him to get back to you.

5) In the meantime if you want to play with the clan, send one of the gaffers a buddy invite (please tell him you are from gaf) so he can get you invited to the party. ^_^

ResClan.gif

Standard meet up times (for whenever you have the opportunity):

Tuesdays 6pm PST

Saturdays 6pm PST

Sundays 6pm PST

(Monday Jan 29th: Times adjusted slightly in favor of the ESTeemed)

[NEW] CLAN PAGE!!!

Recently updated with news, including the new ban policy, please visit and read.

http://vjarmy.com/clangaf/

The login is "gaf", and the password is a five-letter word starting with "w" that is frequently used within the clan. (If you can't figure it out, PM Remy.)

If anyone wants rights to help contribute, please drop Remy a PM about that as well.

Suggestions suggest(!) that creating parties and going into ranked games together would be the preferred thing to do for the meet ups. So no longer do the first one to get online create a room but instead invite everyone to a party. This however makes it very important that you're all a part of the NeoGAF clan (pm kaching with details, make sure you've logged on to Resistance online at least once before) or simply have all folks listed above on your friend list. Again, the first one to get online should start a party and invite the others as they come online.

Also, it has come to my attention that over 20 people have started to show up for these meetups and that means one party is not enough. If that is the case then one of you simply need to create a second party. If you're the party leader (of either) then posting your details in this thread would be helpful.

The Wedge tactic explained:

The "flying wedge" is the term given to our tendency to mob together in a violent swarm and shoot the everliving hell out of anyone who dares get near us. It leads to multiple assists per kill which leads to a 20-60% increase in points. 16 points for a kill is far better than 10!

It does not, despite its name, resemble a true flying wedge - although generally whoever is at the front of the pack will get gunned down while those behind break through and destroy the opposition. So maybe it's not completely inaccurate.

Also people, it would be a big plus if everyone invested in a headset. For headset details and recommendations, follow this link. Good group play is helped by using your headset to report in changes that occur in the heat of battle. Enemy groups, Snipers, Node status and so forth.

A great addition
was made to http://www.myresistance.net on Monday Feb 5th in the form of leaderboards viewable straight from the site. It's time to get famous or die trying.

explainedCat3.gif

http://myresistance.net/ulead.php

For those who missed the details on the 1st UPDATE (aka patch) which released December 21st you can read the details here.

Hey all-

Insomniac Games and Sony Computer Entertainment are happy to announce that we will be instituting a new ban policy for Resistance: Fall of Man online gameplay, effective immediately. Players may report cheaters using lag devices or using exploits to leave the intended playable area. Make a report by sending a private message to the MyResistance.Net "cheating" account (username: cheating). Cheating and the use of in-game exploits is not allowed in any game type, including custom and private games.

To enforce this policy we have in-game moderators documenting players who are involved in using, discovering, or sharing exploits with others. These moderators have the ability to join and observe any game or user in ranked, custom, or private games without the knowledge of the players in those games.

Initial bans for first-time offenders will be 24 hours. Bans will grow in length with each successive rules-violation, and attempts to circumvent a ban are grounds for an extension of it.

If you have questions, please feel free to post them in this thread.

Thanks!
Insomniac Games/Sony Computer Entertainment

PS! Please don't quote this post unless you're on a new page (where this isn't posted).

sutdawg

M3Freak said:
Last night played for 5 hours, and said that I wouldn't be on tonight. Well....umm....I'll probably be on tonight.

Me too, five hours last night was a lot but that was last night. I'll be on tonight.
We played for so long last night... I have 972 games played before last night, I managed to get my 1000 game medal last night :lol

Aeon WTF kind of pick was that? You better stop watching the draft and take out your frustration on RFOM... I will be!

Aeon712

sutdawg said:
Aeon WTF kind of pick was that? You better stop watching the draft and take out your frustration on RFOM... I will be!
I was just thinking the same thing, see you guys in about an hr.

Top Bottom