• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Resistance: Fall of Man - The Official Thread

The Jer

Aeon712 said:
I'd also like to know that, I registered my copy of the game and my PS3 and never received one.

Me, too. I register all my hardware and software and stuff. And I keep my address, etc accurate and up to date. I don't do it just for fun. I actually want Sony to market their gaming product to me. Those dossiers are cool and I actually plan (planned) on displaying them in some fashion.

KEEP ME HYPED ABOUT GAMING!!! :p

sutdawg

Unfortunately I really want to hold onto mine... but just so you know, I just received mine a week or two ago and I registered with Sony and Insomniac at launch. It could still be on the way.

Aeon712

We just had some awesome games :D, This one Meltdown game where it was Efertlis, Xintin, Jer, Gatekeeper and I vs 6 people had to be my favorite meltdown game ever. If you're wondering we won both games outnumbered :D. See everyone tomorrow at 9.

And Stevenson throw some swag my way since I haven't received a dossier :).

FightyF

Banned
igRossMcIntosh said:
Additionally, "weapon select" can't be mapped to circle or X - because when you have the weapon select open X will pick up a weapon and let you move it around, and when you're in second playthrough of a campaign game circle will change betweens pages of the weapon select menu.

Ah, that makes sense.

As far as auto-switch, I recommend you use "Swap if better" - it'll only swap to weapons considered better than the one you're currently using. "But how do I know which ones are better?", you ask? Well, I'm glad you asked, because as it so happens when you open up your weapon select menu, you'll notice numbers next to each weapon slot. You can move the weapons around on the ring any way you want, and weapons with a lower number are considered "better" than weapons with a higher number, so you can customize your "Swap if better" to auto swap only to the weapons you like more.

Hope that helps.

Wow! Thanks! I didn't make that correlation, that changing the weapon order would change the "change if better" criteria...that's great! That's exactly what I needed!

Thanks for sharing Ross! Though I'll admit I feel ashamed for not reading the manual closely. To me, this is a great feature.

I'll be on right now, but I'll be watching the hockey game as well...so I'm gonna be floating around the customized matches tonight. If anyone decides for a last minute GAF meetup...well, I'll be there, just msg me.

FightyF

Banned
Aeon712 said:
We just had some awesome games :D, This one Meltdown game where it was Efertlis, Xintin, Jer, Gatekeeper and I vs 6 people had to be my favorite meltdown game ever. If you're wondering we won both games outnumbered :D. See everyone tomorrow at 9.

Doh! Missed it!

Well, I'll see you guys tomorrow. :)

Anzu

Banned
Do any of you Resistance addicts know when exactly the servers will go global? I'm stuck with the JP region for now and I'd really like to play with you US/EU players. Thanks for any info.

Aeon712

Anzu said:
Do any of you Resistance addicts know when exactly the servers will go global? I'm stuck with the JP region for now and I'd really like to play with you US/EU players. Thanks for any info.
All we know is that the servers and maps will definitely(Right Right) hit between May 1st and May 31st :/.

The Jer

I thought it'd be nice to have a quick reference thread so people could know what scheduled GAF meet-ups occur when. That way people could quickly see what games GAFfers are playing and when. I also thought it'd be nice to generate some interest in gaming with the folks you talk about gaming with.

I figured this would be nice to have when games like Warhawk come out, as well. So we're not jumping from thread to thread trying to figure out what games are played when. And so we'd be able to orgainze these nights and try to keep conflicts to a minimum. It'd be particularly nice for those who have mutiple gaming platforms and have more options available to them. For example, I play PC games (well, I haven't really played since I got my PS3; I've been addicted to this game) and I have no idea whether there is or was a scheduled meet-up time for PC games I play or would be interested in playing.

I was wondering if you guys would be interested in having a thread like this in the online match-up section. I figured I'd ask this here, since this is the only game I play online with GAFfers on a regularly scheduled basis.

Agent X

The Jer said:
I was wondering if you guys would be interested in having a thread like this in the online match-up section. I figured I'd ask this here, since this is the only game I play online with GAFfers on a regularly scheduled basis.

I think it's a good idea, especially now that more online playable games are starting to come out for PS3. Resistance is by far the PS3 online game I play the most at this time, but I also play some MotorStorm here and there, and I'd like to play some people here on Mortal Kombat II and other online games that are due out soon.

Completed this on Sunday there, cracking good game. As I stated on another forum, rather than blow it's wad on a flashy balls out intro the game starts slowly and ramps things up as it goes. It gets progressively better and better in terms of gameplay, set pieces and graphics/audio. Absolutely nails the weapons aspect as well. I really am left scratching my head over some of the review scores this has been getting......

Just started replaying it and I have picked up the dual wield blasters, are there any other weapons unlocked that I can look forward too ?

FightyF

Banned
I'm starting to think that there should be more use of the online forum as far as Resistance is concerned. Maybe even move this thread? Or perhaps start a new one...so that this can be used for single player discussion.

Another benefit is that only members can view that forum, so we can discuss secret strategies in there.

The disadvantage is that it may not get the attention of Insomniac employees, who have demonstrated to be very open and helpful!

Though they could perhaps bookmark that thread. :)

Wollan

No one really visits the online forum. In any case, this thread is more of a blend of everything concerning Resistance.

FightyF

Banned
Wollan said:
No one really visits the online forum. In any case, this thread is more of a blend of everything concerning Resistance.

I know that, and that could change if more of the bigger titles moved their online discussion there. If this thread was there, I'd be checking that forum a whole lot more often. And once Warhawk, Halo 3, CounterStrike/Team Fortress 2, etc. come out, that forum should see a lot of activity. Just a suggestion.

TheBlackLodge said:
Completed this on Sunday there, cracking good game. As I stated on another forum, rather than blow it's wad on a flashy balls out intro the game starts slowly and ramps things up as it goes. It gets progressively better and better in terms of gameplay, set pieces and graphics/audio. Absolutely nails the weapons aspect as well. I really am left scratching my head over some of the review scores this has been getting......

Just started replaying it and I have picked up the dual wield blasters, are there any other weapons unlocked that I can look forward too ?

yea there's 3 more weapons and a new grenade

Beatbox

alien from planet Highscore
Aeon712 said:

Yeah that Meltdown game rocked. GAF clan represent.

Aeon712 said:

That was by far the most fun I had on resistance so far; at one point I thought we were going to get our asses handed to us.

M3Freak

Banned
Looking forward to tonight!

BTW, people, we haven't had a 20 man party for a month or so now. Where the hell are you guys?! School!? Jobs??! BAAAH!!!

It would be nice if we could get in some 20 man games. I like hearing the other side freak out when they're faced with a wall of GAFers - always good for laughs.

JB1981

M3Freak said:

BTW, people, we haven't had a 20 man party for a month or so now. Where the hell are you guys?! School!? Jobs??! BAAAH!!!

It would be nice if we could get in some 20 man games. I like hearing the other side freak out when they're faced with a wall of GAFers - always good for laughs.
i'll likely be on tonight after work. the community has definitely thinned out. it was bound to happen. maybe people just don't like it that much *shrug*

this game needs new maps in the worst way. and not just two. more like five.

TTP

Have a fun! Enjoy!
JB1981 said:
i'll likely be on tonight after work. the community has definitely thinned out. it was bound to happen. maybe people just don't like it that much *shrug*

Wait for the May Merge, the month the GAF wedge will go international.

Kittonwy

Banned
JB1981 said:

It's not THAT bad, at peak times we're still getting 15-16 people, and we're averaging 12-13 people. XMB integration would go a LONG way because whenever someone gets online then we can invite him in the game instead of wondering whether he's just turning the machine on to play some other PS3 game or fold.

Way too many meltdown games still.

M3Freak

Banned
JB1981 said:

It will thin out, eventually, yes. But, not this soon. There still isn't, in my opinion, any game on the PS3 of the same calibre as Resistance. Resistance is getting heavy play time.

What may be affecting the numbers is match making. It used to work well, but we've proven to ourselves, without question, that it's now broken. We get so many Meltdown games it's bordering on the insane. I'm pretty tired of them now, as are many of the regular clan members. It's bad enough that I sometimes don't want to play. If it weren't for the awesome clan, I don't think I would be playing online as much anymore.

So, with all that said, the new maps and international servers should renew interest quite a lot. I don't know how well the International competition is going to work since time zones are going to screw things over royal, but the new maps will certainly be awesome. Hopefully the match making is fixed too so that we don't keep getting stupid ass Somerset (well, it's not that bad, but we're just playing it too often).

Kittonwy

Banned
kittens.jpg

^^ LISTEN UP MAGGOTS!!! IT'S TIME FOR GAME BATTLE!!!111!!!
Indifferent2.gif

RAWR!!!
angry.gif

Tonight is...

TUESDAY NIGHT!!! IT'S TIME TO LOAD UP AND SHIP OUT!!!111!!!
Indifferent2.gif

Don't forget about the scheduled game tonight at 6pm PST..

Reposted for great justice:

ChimNeoGAF.jpg

List of people who clearly posted their PSN tag in this thread (for US version of Resistance):

NeoGAF name: - PSN tag: - Time Zone:

kaching - kaching (NeoGAF NA Clan-leader, PM your details)

Clan roster: http://spreadsheets.google.com/pub?key=p62Ro_nUUSfscF9g032W-Aw

ResistanceGAF00.jpg

For all the Noobs

TO JOIN:

1) LOGIN to Resistance MP online at least one time.

2) LEAVE any clan you are in right now.

3) PM kaching on NEOGAF to get added to the clan roster.

4) WAIT a couple days for him to get back to you.

5) In the meantime if you want to play with the clan, send one of the gaffers a buddy invite (please tell him you are from gaf) so he can get you invited to the party. ^_^

ResClan.gif

Standard meet up times (for whenever you have the opportunity):

Tuesdays 6pm PST

Saturdays 6pm PST

Sundays 6pm PST

(Monday Jan 29th: Times adjusted slightly in favor of the ESTeemed)

[NEW] CLAN PAGE!!!

Recently updated with news, including the new ban policy, please visit and read.

http://vjarmy.com/clangaf/

The login is "gaf", and the password is a five-letter word starting with "w" that is frequently used within the clan. (If you can't figure it out, PM Remy.)

If anyone wants rights to help contribute, please drop Remy a PM about that as well.

Suggestions suggest(!) that creating parties and going into ranked games together would be the preferred thing to do for the meet ups. So no longer do the first one to get online create a room but instead invite everyone to a party. This however makes it very important that you're all a part of the NeoGAF clan (pm kaching with details, make sure you've logged on to Resistance online at least once before) or simply have all folks listed above on your friend list. Again, the first one to get online should start a party and invite the others as they come online.

Also, it has come to my attention that over 20 people have started to show up for these meetups and that means one party is not enough. If that is the case then one of you simply need to create a second party. If you're the party leader (of either) then posting your details in this thread would be helpful.

The Wedge tactic explained:

The "flying wedge" is the term given to our tendency to mob together in a violent swarm and shoot the everliving hell out of anyone who dares get near us. It leads to multiple assists per kill which leads to a 20-60% increase in points. 16 points for a kill is far better than 10!

It does not, despite its name, resemble a true flying wedge - although generally whoever is at the front of the pack will get gunned down while those behind break through and destroy the opposition. So maybe it's not completely inaccurate.

Also people, it would be a big plus if everyone invested in a headset. For headset details and recommendations, follow this link. Good group play is helped by using your headset to report in changes that occur in the heat of battle. Enemy groups, Snipers, Node status and so forth.

A great addition
was made to http://www.myresistance.net on Monday Feb 5th in the form of leaderboards viewable straight from the site. It's time to get famous or die trying.

explainedCat3.gif

http://myresistance.net/ulead.php

For those who missed the details on the 1st UPDATE (aka patch) which released December 21st you can read the details here.

Hey all-

Insomniac Games and Sony Computer Entertainment are happy to announce that we will be instituting a new ban policy for Resistance: Fall of Man online gameplay, effective immediately. Players may report cheaters using lag devices or using exploits to leave the intended playable area. Make a report by sending a private message to the MyResistance.Net "cheating" account (username: cheating). Cheating and the use of in-game exploits is not allowed in any game type, including custom and private games.

To enforce this policy we have in-game moderators documenting players who are involved in using, discovering, or sharing exploits with others. These moderators have the ability to join and observe any game or user in ranked, custom, or private games without the knowledge of the players in those games.

Initial bans for first-time offenders will be 24 hours. Bans will grow in length with each successive rules-violation, and attempts to circumvent a ban are grounds for an extension of it.

If you have questions, please feel free to post them in this thread.

Thanks!
Insomniac Games/Sony Computer Entertainment

PS! Please don't quote this post unless you're on a new page (where this isn't posted).

belvedere

Junior Butler
I haven't played in awhile but I'll be on tonight. For some reason my disappointment with the Halo 3 multi-player footage has me pumped about playing Resistance.

calder

Great fun again. :D

I don't remember losing a match... maybe one. Did we lose one? I know the full GAF party rolled through the 'competition' for as long as I was playing.

Wish I could easily take screen shots, the image of 19ish GAF peeps busting out of our base in breach at the beginning of a round is pretty cool :)

Kittonwy

Banned
Awesome night, tons of people showing up (thanks for coming btw), and winning is great, especially when we finally get to play more breach/assault.
gladtomeetya.gif

Spooks

had fun tonight. AWESOME turnout! Getting all those Breach games and that one Assault was awesome. Getting booted that one time... not awesome xD.

patsu

M3Freak said:

Been playing in sessions of 5-10 minutes every day. Did not join GAF lately because I know it will take up too many hours of my time. :D Need to complete work projects.

Quite a few good games tonight though.

Second time with the clan and it was really fun. It was cool to play with a full party. Also i just read up on the squads so now i get what people were talking about during the objective matches :lol

FightyF

Banned
A little log of the gametypes we were able to play, all times MST:

8:15 18P Assault!
8:30 18P TDM
8:44 19P Breach
9:00 20P Breach*
9:15 20P TDM**
9:32 20P "Player kicked" error so I couldn't see what mode we got

I had enough errors for the night so I didn't hop back in...sorry.

*said "party disconnected" for me, then logged my out and froze :p Had to restart PS3...besides myself and BigE (who was also kicked out), everyone else was still able to play

**Lagged out during the match...could have something to do with my wireless, which I note is doing the same for my PC.

I'd like to have my PS3 networked over LAN, but that will sorta complicate my current setup.

BTW, next time I'll also record the maps we get so we can see determine their frequencies. I realized right at the end. :p

-addendum-
Now I know why calder was owning me when I was switched over after the team balancing...to get some revenge on behalf of the Flames.

Aeon712

The highlight of my night was that grenade for massive damage on the other team while they were distracted from being sniped. I had this big smile o my face when I saw atleast 5 of them all bunched up at the top of the bridge :D.

Aeon712 said:
The highlight of my night was that grenade for massive damage on the other team while they were distracted from being sniped. I had this big smile o my face when I saw atleast 5 of them all bunched up at the top of the bridge :D.
:lol

Great clan night, first time I ever had 14 wins in a row.

Kittonwy

Banned
Aeon712 said:

Yeah I saw that, it was a good throw. Target bomba medal well-deserved.
Indifferent2.gif

sutdawg

Last night was awesome... I really enjoy playing with a full party, we're able to intiminate the other teams just by the number of us. Plus the added advantage of getting Assualt and Breech is great!

Top Bottom