• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Resistance: Fall of Man - The Official Thread

M3Freak

Banned
Aeon712 said:
Guess I'll never get 100 air fuel kills, people are too smart to stick around when they see the smoke. Heck I run from the friendly smoke.

You have to be smart about where and when you drop them. But, yes, air fuel kills are hard. I'm at 90 right now...

patsu

I usually throw 2 at the same time to expand the kill zone. My most successful air fuel kills were in the smaller maps... like The Mall (The outside platform where people love to snipe or auger from), or Subway (Upstairs). They have limited space to run especially when fighting/sniping.

Kittonwy

Banned
003yodalift9uj.jpg

^^ BE ONE WITH TEH WEDGE!!!111!!!
Indifferent2.gif

RAWR!!!
angry.gif

Tonight is...

TUESDAY NIGHT!!! STEALTH KILL FTWMFW!!!111!!!
Indifferent2.gif

Don't forget about the scheduled game tonight at 6pm PST..

Reposted for great justice:

ChimNeoGAF.jpg

List of people who clearly posted their PSN tag in this thread (for US version of Resistance):

NeoGAF name: - PSN tag: - Time Zone:

kaching - kaching (NeoGAF NA Clan-leader, PM your details)

Clan roster: http://spreadsheets.google.com/pub?key=p62Ro_nUUSfscF9g032W-Aw

ResistanceGAF00.jpg

For all the Noobs

TO JOIN:

1) LOGIN to Resistance MP online at least one time.

2) LEAVE any clan you are in right now.

3) PM kaching on NEOGAF to get added to the clan roster.

4) WAIT a couple days for him to get back to you.

5) In the meantime if you want to play with the clan, send one of the gaffers a buddy invite (please tell him you are from gaf) so he can get you invited to the party. ^_^

ResClan.gif

Standard meet up times (for whenever you have the opportunity):

Tuesdays 6pm PST

Saturdays 6pm PST

Sundays 6pm PST

(Monday Jan 29th: Times adjusted slightly in favor of the ESTeemed)

[NEW] CLAN PAGE!!!

Recently updated with news, including the new ban policy, please visit and read.

http://vjarmy.com/clangaf/

The login is "gaf", and the password is a five-letter word starting with "w" that is frequently used within the clan. (If you can't figure it out, PM Remy.)

If anyone wants rights to help contribute, please drop Remy a PM about that as well.

Suggestions suggest(!) that creating parties and going into ranked games together would be the preferred thing to do for the meet ups. So no longer do the first one to get online create a room but instead invite everyone to a party. This however makes it very important that you're all a part of the NeoGAF clan (pm kaching with details, make sure you've logged on to Resistance online at least once before) or simply have all folks listed above on your friend list. Again, the first one to get online should start a party and invite the others as they come online.

Also, it has come to my attention that over 20 people have started to show up for these meetups and that means one party is not enough. If that is the case then one of you simply need to create a second party. If you're the party leader (of either) then posting your details in this thread would be helpful.

The Wedge tactic explained:

The "flying wedge" is the term given to our tendency to mob together in a violent swarm and shoot the everliving hell out of anyone who dares get near us. It leads to multiple assists per kill which leads to a 20-60% increase in points. 16 points for a kill is far better than 10!

It does not, despite its name, resemble a true flying wedge - although generally whoever is at the front of the pack will get gunned down while those behind break through and destroy the opposition. So maybe it's not completely inaccurate.

Also people, it would be a big plus if everyone invested in a headset. For headset details and recommendations, follow this link. Good group play is helped by using your headset to report in changes that occur in the heat of battle. Enemy groups, Snipers, Node status and so forth.

A great addition
was made to http://www.myresistance.net on Monday Feb 5th in the form of leaderboards viewable straight from the site. It's time to get famous or die trying.

explainedCat3.gif

http://myresistance.net/ulead.php

For those who missed the details on the 1st UPDATE (aka patch) which released December 21st you can read the details here.

Hey all-

Insomniac Games and Sony Computer Entertainment are happy to announce that we will be instituting a new ban policy for Resistance: Fall of Man online gameplay, effective immediately. Players may report cheaters using lag devices or using exploits to leave the intended playable area. Make a report by sending a private message to the MyResistance.Net "cheating" account (username: cheating). Cheating and the use of in-game exploits is not allowed in any game type, including custom and private games.

To enforce this policy we have in-game moderators documenting players who are involved in using, discovering, or sharing exploits with others. These moderators have the ability to join and observe any game or user in ranked, custom, or private games without the knowledge of the players in those games.

Initial bans for first-time offenders will be 24 hours. Bans will grow in length with each successive rules-violation, and attempts to circumvent a ban are grounds for an extension of it.

If you have questions, please feel free to post them in this thread.

Thanks!
Insomniac Games/Sony Computer Entertainment

PS! Please don't quote this post unless you're on a new page (where this isn't posted).

Aeon712

M3Freak said:
You have to be smart about where and when you drop them. But, yes, air fuel kills are hard. I'm at 90 right now...
Wait you're beating me to a medal, Now I'll be sad the rest of my day at work :(. And I also play Resistance with a 10ft USB cable to eliminate the controller issue. I started playing better when I went wired.

theBishop

Banned
Last night, i played 4 player split screen with some friends for the first time.

As awesome as online is, the sheer joy of talking shit to someone next to you cannot be duplicated.

A Message to next-gen developers: STOP NEGLECTING SPLIT SCREEN!

That means you, Evolution. Motorstorm FTW!?

Kittonwy

Banned
Aeon712 said:
Wait you're beating me to a medal, Now I'll be sad the rest of my day at work :(. And I also play Resistance with a 10ft USB cable to eliminate the controller issue. I started playing better when I went wired.

Even with no wire I'm still teh best decoy around.
Indifferent2.gif

M3Freak

Banned
Aeon712 said:

You better grab a box of tissues and someone's shoulder to lean on. There's going to be a whole lot of crying: I beat you to the 1000 games played medal, remember?

tha_con

Banned
Ragnarok10 said:
Wasn't it, or have they pushed it out to May?

They've always been "May". The game modes were April (Team Conversion and Assault) while the new Maps and World Wide Play were planned for May. Though, we still have no date :( I wish things could be more solid with these release dates.

patsu

I have more problems with the Arc Charger. Sometimes I can kill pretty well but most of the time it's like tickling the enemies. I have not bothered to experiment much with the Charger. What's the secret ?

JB1981

patsu said:
I have more problems with the Arc Charger. Sometimes I can kill pretty well but most of the time it's like tickling the enemies. I have not bothered to experiment much with the Charger. What's the secret ?
You gotta be real close and you have to just FIRE FIRE FIRE with it. As fast as possible. It's pretty effective that way.

Sysgen

Tried the demo the other night and I had a hard time getting into it. The culprit is the controller. The sticks are way too loose and killed any enjoyment I tried to get out of the demo. Does the retail version have an adjustment to compensate for the crappy analogue sticks?

The Jer

patsu said:

Groups of people.
You can use the arc charger to attack several people at once and it's usually a bit more effective that way, as well.
To be honest, I don't use that much (like never) in MP, except to attack nodes, because I think it's harder to judge situations were it may be useful, unlike in SP.

The Jer

Sysgen said:
Tried the demo the other night and I had a hard time getting into it. The culprit is the controller. The sticks are way too loose and killed any enjoyment I tried to get out of the demo. Does the retail version have an adjustment to compensate for the crappy analogue sticks?

There is an option to adjust sensitivity (and it can be adjusted quite a bit). However, you cannot make the sticks "heavier" or have more resistance (heh), of course.

patsu

Groups of people.
You can use the arc charger to attack several people at once and it's usually a bit more effective that way, as well.
To be honest, I don't use that much (like never) in MP, except to attack nodes, because I think it's harder to judge situations were it may be useful, unlike in SP.

Me too... but I have been killed a few times by Arc Charger with seemingly just 1 shot (like shotgun).

The Jer

patsu said:
Me too... but I have been killed a few times by Arc Charger with seemingly just 1 shot (like shotgun).
It works really well at close range. However, if I'm at close range I'd rather use a weapon like the shotgun or the Bullseye (my auto-matic shotgun with homing). Also, it seems very range dependent and very useless at long range. So, normally, I'd rather have another weapon drawn and ready.

M3Freak

Banned
patsu said:

I believe if you hit the secondary fire followed immediately by the primary fire, the arc charger will kill almost instantly.

Beatbox

alien from planet Highscore
M3Freak said:
I believe if you hit the secondary fire followed immediately by the primary fire, the arc charger will kill almost instantly.

I was experimenting offline with the arc charger the other day with Sutdawg.

Primary and then secondary takes about 2/3 or their energy.

Just the primary takes 3 shots to take the same 2/3 energy away.

I also believe it's more effective against a raging Chimera than humans although our experiments were human vs human.

jstevenson

Sailor Stevenson
tha_con said:
They've always been "May". The game modes were April (Team Conversion and Assault) while the new Maps and World Wide Play were planned for May. Though, we still have no date :( I wish things could be more solid with these release dates.

That's the real trick isn't it? We're on track, but it's hard to nail down a solid date with all the pieces involved.

JS

jjasper

jstevenson said:
That's the real trick isn't it? We're on track, but it's hard to nail down a solid date with all the pieces involved.

JS

Well hurry cause that is when I plan on getting back into the game, I been out so long I just figured I would wait till then.:D

patsu

Beatbox said:
I was experimenting offline with the arc charger the other day with Sutdawg.

Primary and then secondary takes about 2/3 or their energy.

Just the primary takes 3 shots to take the same 2/3 energy away.

I also believe it's more effective against a raging Chimera than humans although our experiments were human vs human.

You may be right. I tried to kill humans with ALT + primary fire in "1 shot" but it didn't work, however someone killed me (Chimera) with apparently just 1 huge shot (ALT fire, perhaps followed quickly by a primary).

Aeon712

jstevenson said:

JS
We already figured out when they are being released. Only way to keep our mouths shut is to tell us how to do the air fuel tower

Please tell us it's hard figuring it out

calder

I should be on tonight. Lousy day at work, clubbing mutated aliens upside the head would be a nice change of pace.

I'll try to not have my wife nagging the shit out of me when i'm in a squad tonight. ;P

Aeon712

M3Freak said:
You better grab a box of tissues and someone's shoulder to lean on. There's going to be a whole lot of crying: I beat you to the 1000 games played medal, remember?
Pffft that one didn't count, and I'll reach 10,000 kills first :D.

tha_con

Banned
jstevenson said:

JS

Oh, no I completely understand you guy's are working hard, I know that developing a game isn't like cooking, I just "wish" is wasn't so, :lol .

Still, that doesn't change any of my excitement for these new maps and the world wide play. You guy's really do outshine the majority of developers in the industry today.

Side Note: I understand there are some (1) Cornhusker fans at Insomniac? I can't quite recall, but some years ago, I thought there was also a K-State student who was hired by you guy's as well? Just curious!

jstevenson

Sailor Stevenson
tha_con said:
Side Note: I understand there are some (1) Cornhusker fans at Insomniac? I can't quite recall, but some years ago, I thought there was also a K-State student who was hired by you guy's as well? Just curious!

That would be me, I'm a huge Nebraska fan, alum and member of Californians for Nebraska.

And the Mildcat fan is Yancy. Which reminds me, I need to go give him some crap about Nebraska winning yet another baseball series against the Kitties (who haven't won a series in Lincoln since 1974).

jstevenson

Sailor Stevenson
tha_con said:

Alright... so I got the scoop for ya:

The maps will be available for purchase in the later part of this month. The maps are pretty much finished, but they rely on the patch (that includes the Worldwide server update) and getting all the regions working together is tricky.

tha_con

Banned
jstevenson said:
That would be me, I'm a huge Nebraska fan, alum and member of Californians for Nebraska.

And the Mildcat fan is Yancy. Which reminds me, I need to go give him some crap about Nebraska winning yet another baseball series against the Kitties (who haven't won a series in Lincoln since 1974).

Ah, I knew it! haha.

See, I currently live in Manhattan KS, I'm in the military, and I plan to (maybe) go to K-State and get a degree in Graphic Design, hopefully learn to do some things that are applicable in the industry (modeling, texture work, concept artist, etc). Honestly, Insomniac is the company I want to work for, and I'll continue to persue that goal.

On topic (isn't this backwards?) Thanks for the scoop! I'm sure everyone is just as excited as I am for these new maps and world wide play, now I'll finally get to school my friends in the UK.

Mejilan

Running off of Custom Firmware
Fight for Freeform said:
Heh, I mentioned that because I thought you had a lot of distance to cover.

Ahh, understood. Thanks. No, I have the PS3 opposite the X360, perhaps a little further away from me than the 360, but the 360's charger cable for the wireless controller is more than sufficient. I'm only bemoaning Sony's decision to package in a cable that would barely suit to hook up a camera to a PC only a foot or two away! ;p

M3Freak

Banned
jstevenson said:

The maps will be available for purchase in the later part of this month. The maps are pretty much finished, but they rely on the patch (that includes the Worldwide server update) and getting all the regions working together is tricky.

Yeah! Hopefully the "tricky" bits don't turn into bugs-a-plenty - that would make everyone cry. The last patch introduced some new bugs, and they're getting on most people's nerves (re: players randomly kicked, game lock ups, sound glitches, glitchers still running rampant).

Even so, Resistance is still a ton 'o fun online. I just can't get enough.

jstevenson

Sailor Stevenson
M3Freak said:
Yeah! Hopefully the "tricky" bits don't turn into bugs-a-plenty - that would make everyone cry. The last patch introduced some new bugs, and they're getting on most people's nerves (re: players randomly kicked, game lock ups, sound glitches, glitchers still running rampant).

Even so, Resistance is still a ton 'o fun online. I just can't get enough.

Nah, more the element of worldwide play and all of the hurdles it entails from testing and working with the different territories etc.

JB1981

jstevenson said:

Can you guys PLLEEEEASE make the Backlash Grenade usable in MP? It would go a long way toward countering Laark spammers and it would add a new dimension to the gameplay. It would help balance things out quite a bit. Please please consider this. Thank you.

sutdawg

I won't be able to join you guys tonight or Saturday night :-(
It's been a long time since I missed a clan night. Good luck!!!

Edit: Aeon will be free to be someone elses personal decoy for the rest of the week. Just watch out, sometimes he runs away from from the enemy. :lol

FightyF

Banned
I'll be on in a few minutes. Though I still gotta do some spring cleaning. If I leave abruptly, it's because I gotta move some stuff.

I haven't used the Backlash yet...but it sounds awesome. My opinion is that the game as it stands plays great and with new modes like Assault, things (for me anyways) are still fresh.

On the other hand though, once the game hits a "platinum hits" discount price in a year or two, there could be a resurgence in players and a need to keep things fresh for veteran players...and at that point including the backlash would make more sense to me. My $0.02 Cdn...I'm fine with anything Insomniac does, truth be told.

Kittonwy

Banned
I'm trying to get on but I'm getting a server error, my internet is obviously working though.
Indifferent2.gif

EDIT: I tested my connection and now it's okay. Ima such a genius.
Indifferent2.gif

JB1981

The ranked competition has gotten extremely good. Good games tonight. I had to go, though. I've been playing for 2 hours plus and I gots a headache.

We need to work on our Assault strategy (though we were down a few men).

Auger, Laark, frags and wedge are key. No point in attacking the base if you're by yourself. Everything has to be done as a unit.

careksims

That Assault was the game of the night. Yeah things need work, but it still was fun and I racked up a lot of kills. 112 Kills right, Aeon?

Aeon712

That Assault game was awesome I got 112 kills and 76 deaths but more importantly 112 KILLS. My stats were killer tonight without Sutdawg around causing me to get assists. And yea we need to work on Assault I kept calling for one more person outside to help weed the attackers out but no one came till Gatekeeper when we only had a little bit of health remaining. But it was still fun since I went 84-44 that round sooo many 3 and 5 kill ribbons.

Aeon712

careksims said:
That Assault was the game of the night. Yeah things need work, but it still was fun and I racked up a lot of kills. 112 Kills right, Aeon?
Darn right, Never forget

I now wish myresistance was like Bungie.net so we could see like our last 10 game stats. I wanna screen shot of that game.

Top Bottom