• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Resistance: Fall of Man - The Official Thread

Spooks

I got disconnected that Somerset TDM game so I just quit XD. Good games tonight though. That Assault game was EPIC!. :lol

calder

I was shit tonight. It was weird, the sixaxis felt strange in my hands, like how you get when you play a different game (or console) heavily for a while and then switch back to something subtly different. Except I haven't been playing much else... it was just off tonight. I had a few good rounds and a few when I was embarrassingly bad and almost certainly the cause of our loss. ;) One of those sessions when you're shooting the shit out of the air 2 feet to the side of your target and you just don't seem to ever correct your aim. I dunno how to explain it.

That assault was amazing anyway. :D I was d/ced or something at the end of the second round, then I was booted altogether so I just quit. I'm assuming we lost the second round right?

careksims

calder said:
That assault was amazing anyway. :D I was d/ced or something at the end of the second round, then I was booted altogether so I just quit. I'm assuming we lost the second round right?

We all got booted at that part so who knows if we would have won or not. Yes that was epic and it was great you played with us. :)

Kittonwy

Banned
Aeon712 said:
That Assault game was awesome I got 112 kills and 76 deaths but more importantly 112 KILLS. My stats were killer tonight without Sutdawg around causing me to get assists. And yea we need to work on Assault I kept calling for one more person outside to help weed the attackers out but no one came till Gatekeeper when we only had a little bit of health remaining. But it was still fun since I went 84-44 that round sooo many 3 and 5 kill ribbons.

I dominated with 96 deaths.
angry.gif

M3Freak

Banned
The Assault game started off crappy for me, and then I had to go mid-game. When I came back, there was an network error up. Great - missed the whole damn thing.

Anyway, next week I'm starting a new job, so Sunday and Tuesday clan nights are going to be mostly toast for me. If I manage to get on either of those days, it won't be for more than 1 hour (at the very most). That sucks, especially since the new maps are coming out this month.

I suggested we move Sunday to Friday. Several people said it was a good idea. So, can we get a vote? Who's for moving the Sunday meet up to Friday?

xintin

Aeon712 said:
That Assault game was awesome I got 112 kills and 76 deaths but more importantly 112 KILLS. My stats were killer tonight without Sutdawg around causing me to get assists. And yea we need to work on Assault I kept calling for one more person outside to help weed the attackers out but no one came till Gatekeeper when we only had a little bit of health remaining. But it was still fun since I went 84-44 that round sooo many 3 and 5 kill ribbons.
sounds like i missed some epic epicness tonight ;-;

Aeon712

g35twinturbo said:
Aeon doesn't want me to play cuz I OWN!
With a guy like Grimmjaw as your avatar you better own. Although Hale could take him in a fight :).

Why is this thread not moving today, keep me entertained at work people.

BeEatNU

WORLDSTAAAAAAR
Aeon712 said:
With a guy like Grimmjaw as your avatar you better own. Although Hale could take him in a fight :).

Why is this thread not moving today, keep me entertained at work people.

hahah

thats crazy talk!

Aeon712

Fight for Freeform said:
What: GAF Foldathon Party! Our goal is to have 3000 Work Units completed from the evening of May 9th, until the evening of May 11th...if we all participate, we can do it!

Who: YOU! And your PS3 or PC.

Where: In the comfort of your own homes. :p

When:

Start: Wednesday, May 9th, 5PM Pacific time (Helpful Conversion Link)

End: Friday, May 9th, 5PM Pacific time

When we end, we can set up online Resistance and Motorstorm matches, and for the PC guys they can set up whatever matches they like...perhaps CounterStrike.

Maybe we can get enough GAFers to show up in Resistance where we can have a 20 GAF vs 20 GAF ultraGAF matches!

Why: To increase awareness regarding Folding @ Home's goals and to become a part of the process. To hopefully, one day find a cure for common diseases and to have helped in that endeavor.

The goal is to get at least 400 of our 530 users in our group to fold during this time. With this sort of concurrent folding, our score will skyrocket in a short period of time. We hope to have 3000 WUs done. To put it in perspective...for the entire month of April, we were just over 7000 WUs...so to do 3000 in 3 days is a massive jump!

Also, we'll end it with some online matches, so it will be a lot of fun.

A lot of people seem to be waiting for Calling all Cars so as long as it doesn't come out next week this should be possible.

Go Go Gaf Folding Wedge

Mejilan

Running off of Custom Firmware
Just finished Resistance, and I gotta admit, I enjoyed it a helluva lot more than I thought I would. A helluva lot more than what my brief first-stage playthrough back in December would have led me to believe.

I'm quite happy to have given the game a second chance, and even happier that beating Gears of War didn't quite succeed in satisfying my shooter craving, and drove me to Resistance as a surprisingly pleasant follow-up.

The credits scroll, however, REALLY sucked. Oh well.

Edit - Oh. I'm happy I stuck through it though. Fun little teaser for the inevitable sequel. And what's this about new weapons being unlocked for future Campaign mode run-throughs? What kind of weapons, exactly? Upgrades, I presume, ala the Bullseye Mk II, since there is no more room for more than the 8 current weapons...

Edit 2 - Ah. 2 rings of weapons, then. Cool.

FightyF

Banned
Aeon712 said:
A lot of people seem to be waiting for Calling all Cars so as long as it doesn't come out next week this should be possible.

Go Go Gaf Folding Wedge

We could also use that as an opportunity to move Sunday nights to Friday nights. Ie. starting that Friday, it'll stick to Tues, Friday, Sat.

Hopefully we can get a MASSIVE GAF clan match. Imagine a 20 GAF vs. 20 GAF match (or custom match). We can take a 39player pic! Massive clanage!

I got disconnected early in that Assault match...which really really sucked. I am playing on my wired connection, btw...all ports are open...there shouldn't be any issues on my end. I really wish I was a part of that one...we probably woulda won if I was. :D

M3Freak

Banned
Played Resistance tonight...again. Had some games with LJ11 and Beamber, and then late at night with eFertLISdotcom, thebishop, and Click.

I finally got my dragon medal - yeah! Also added more Fareye kills, so I should have that medal soon, too (20 more kills for that one). The Arc Charger is going to be last - I really, really suck with that weapon.

Kill/death went up a bit again. Now I'm at .937. Maybe I'll achieve 1.0 in another month or two.

BTW, people, are we moving the Sunday clan night to Friday, or what? I think it'll be better for most of us.

Kittonwy

Banned
If you guys want to add friday to the list of days we play I don't mind but I still want to play on Sunday because well... it's Sunday and I don't have to work on Monday so I can stay up a bit later to play.
Indifferent2.gif

JB1981

Mejilan said:
Just finished Resistance, and I gotta admit, I enjoyed it a helluva lot more than I thought I would. A helluva lot more than what my brief first-stage playthrough back in December would have led me to believe.

I'm quite happy to have given the game a second chance, and even happier that beating Gears of War didn't quite succeed in satisfying my shooter craving, and drove me to Resistance as a surprisingly pleasant follow-up.

The credits scroll, however, REALLY sucked. Oh well.

Edit - Oh. I'm happy I stuck through it though. Fun little teaser for the inevitable sequel. And what's this about new weapons being unlocked for future Campaign mode run-throughs? What kind of weapons, exactly? Upgrades, I presume, ala the Bullseye Mk II, since there is no more room for more than the 8 current weapons...

Edit 2 - Ah. 2 rings of weapons, then. Cool.
It is easily one of - if not the - best all-around game so far this generation. Too bad $599 and Gears of War overshadowed it at launch. That's ok, though, 'cause it probably has the most hardcore online following of all the next-gen MP shooters. Can't wait for the inevitable (and graphically superior) sequel.

Manp

wow... i ordered this game from play.com (euro gaffers know it for sure) 22 days ago and got it in the mail only today :lol

that's after filling the form on the site for missing orders just yesterday :lol

anyway i got a question: is the PAL version (well at least the game played on a PAL machine) censored like the japanese version?

:)

sutdawg

Aeon712 said:
That Assault game was awesome I got 112 kills and 76 deaths but more importantly 112 KILLS. My stats were killer tonight without Sutdawg around causing me to get assists.

I'm back and still recovering from missing Tuesday's clan night -- especially since we played Assualt!
Aeon I see you owe me some kills... according to my calculations based on this assualt game you owe me 67.2 kills. :lol

Aeon712

sutdawg said:
I'm back and still recovering from missing Tuesday's clan night -- especially since we played Assualt!
Aeon I see you owe me some kills... according to my calculations based on this assualt game you owe me 67.2 kills. :lol
Crap you promised to miss 2 clan nights :(. Back to being middle of the pack again :(.

Dunno if you guys check your stats on myresistance but they've updated the stats to now show ffa, tdm and team objective stats. Wondered why they retired overall team stats couple months ago.

My 3 k/d's are

I also got my highest kill spree in a tdm :D. With that said we need to launch another operation we don't care if we win or lose as long as Aeon gets his 20 kill medal :lol

M3Freak

Banned
Aeon712 said:
Dunno if you guys check your stats on myresistance but they've updated the stats to now show ffa, tdm and team objective stats. Wondered why they retired overall team stats couple months ago.

My 3 k/d's are

I noticed it. Here are mine:

FFA: 1.175
TDM: .957
TO: .864
Overall: .937

I beat you to a medal - you suck.

patsu

Shit, this is the part where I scratch my hands violently for Resistance withdrawal. I should work on my Arc Charger kills. Can't remember whether I got Dragon medal or not.

Remy

bigfatgameguy said:
I feel bad i havent been on recently. Ive been entertaining a female friend, so shes taking up most of my free time. She'll be gone soon, so ill be back on.

What, we weren't giving you enough pink tacos during GAF night?

The Wedge feels betrayed.

lunlunqq

my parents are coming to visit me from China. that's a perfect excuse for me to move back to my own apt from my gf's place. YEAH!!! finally I can spend some time with my PS3 and resistance!!! :D :D :D

Beatbox

alien from planet Highscore
Last night I played with Click until 4 AM. We had some crazy games and carried our teams to victory in almost every game. We were outnumbered 6 to 3 on that round board (I'm terrible with the names) and destroyed them both rounds. I also got a 40-4 on Lexington :) Good times.

jstevenson

Sailor Stevenson
Just wanted to let you guys know that we aren't having a Play with Insomniac Friday tomorrow. The entire company is taking the afternoon off to go see Spider-Man 3 and then we're all heading off to get an early start on the weekend.

JS

sutdawg

Aeon712 said:
Crap you promised to miss 2 clan nights :(. Back to being middle of the pack again :(.
Sorry, I had the wrong weekend. I promise next Saturday, I will not be available!

Overall K/D : 1.545
FFA: 1.543
TDM: 1.681 (thanks to my personal decoy)
Objective: 1.231 (WOW!!! Breach and Assualt kill my k/d ratio)

Beatbox

alien from planet Highscore
Aeon712 said:
You just had to post that and make this already boring day at work even worse :(.

Good job Beatbox did you get your 20kill on that 40-4 game?

Nope. High is still 17 - I went 20-2 both rounds.

I was 16-0 playing with M3 last night and thought the round was over so I ran up on a dude and just stopped. I starting thinking "why is he red in my crosshairs" and then "why the hell is my health going down". :lol It's okay there was just one kill left and I would've tied my record but damn I felt stupid.

sutdawg

I'm sure M3 is too busy playing with Home, so I will sent this reminder out for him. Anyone at home tonight and in the mood for some RFOM(nothing better then some wedge action on a Friday night) come join us for some pink tacos, with a side of wedge. I'll be on around 9:00pm EST.

M3Freak

Banned
sutdawg said:
I'm sure M3 is too busy playing with Home, so I will sent this reminder out for him. Anyone at home tonight and in the mood for some RFOM(nothing better then some wedge action on a Friday night) come join us for some pink tacos, with a side of wedge. I'll be on around 9:00pm EST.

I'll be there. I still think we should make official either the addition of Friday to clan nights, or moving Sunday to Friday. Either way, kittonwy, do something.

Friday's are starting to get popular, so it should work out well.

Aeon712

sutdawg said:
I'll be there those games last night lowered me by 0.002
angry.gif
, I'll be gunning for that Kzim guy:lol

Kittonwy

Banned
441d397c653fd.jpg

^^ WANT MO RESISTANCE???!!!111!!!
Indifferent2.gif

YOU GOT MO RESISTANCE!!!
angry.gif

TEH QUESTION IS... CAN YOU HANDLE MO RESISTANCE???!!!111!!! RAWR!!!
angry.gif

Tonight is...

FRIDAY NIGHT!!! MO RESISTANCE!!! MO GAF PWNAGE-WOWNAGE!!! MO KITTY PICTURES!!!111!!!
Indifferent2.gif

Don't forget about the scheduled game tonight at 6pm PST..

Reposted for great justice:

ChimNeoGAF.jpg

List of people who clearly posted their PSN tag in this thread (for US version of Resistance):

NeoGAF name: - PSN tag: - Time Zone:

kaching - kaching (NeoGAF NA Clan-leader, PM your details)

Clan roster: http://spreadsheets.google.com/pub?key=p62Ro_nUUSfscF9g032W-Aw

ResistanceGAF00.jpg

For all the Noobs

TO JOIN:

1) LOGIN to Resistance MP online at least one time.

2) LEAVE any clan you are in right now.

3) PM kaching on NEOGAF to get added to the clan roster.

4) WAIT a couple days for him to get back to you.

5) In the meantime if you want to play with the clan, send one of the gaffers a buddy invite (please tell him you are from gaf) so he can get you invited to the party. ^_^

ResClan.gif

Standard meet up times (for whenever you have the opportunity):

Tuesdays 6pm PST

Fridays 6pm PST

Saturdays 6pm PST

Sundays 6pm PST

(Monday Jan 29th: Times adjusted slightly in favor of the ESTeemed)

[NEW] CLAN PAGE!!!

Recently updated with news, including the new ban policy, please visit and read.

http://vjarmy.com/clangaf/

The login is "gaf", and the password is a five-letter word starting with "w" that is frequently used within the clan. (If you can't figure it out, PM Remy.)

If anyone wants rights to help contribute, please drop Remy a PM about that as well.

Suggestions suggest(!) that creating parties and going into ranked games together would be the preferred thing to do for the meet ups. So no longer do the first one to get online create a room but instead invite everyone to a party. This however makes it very important that you're all a part of the NeoGAF clan (pm kaching with details, make sure you've logged on to Resistance online at least once before) or simply have all folks listed above on your friend list. Again, the first one to get online should start a party and invite the others as they come online.

Also, it has come to my attention that over 20 people have started to show up for these meetups and that means one party is not enough. If that is the case then one of you simply need to create a second party. If you're the party leader (of either) then posting your details in this thread would be helpful.

The Wedge tactic explained:

The "flying wedge" is the term given to our tendency to mob together in a violent swarm and shoot the everliving hell out of anyone who dares get near us. It leads to multiple assists per kill which leads to a 20-60% increase in points. 16 points for a kill is far better than 10!

It does not, despite its name, resemble a true flying wedge - although generally whoever is at the front of the pack will get gunned down while those behind break through and destroy the opposition. So maybe it's not completely inaccurate.

Also people, it would be a big plus if everyone invested in a headset. For headset details and recommendations, follow this link. Good group play is helped by using your headset to report in changes that occur in the heat of battle. Enemy groups, Snipers, Node status and so forth.

A great addition
was made to http://www.myresistance.net on Monday Feb 5th in the form of leaderboards viewable straight from the site. It's time to get famous or die trying.

explainedCat3.gif

http://myresistance.net/ulead.php

For those who missed the details on the 1st UPDATE (aka patch) which released December 21st you can read the details here.

Hey all-

Insomniac Games and Sony Computer Entertainment are happy to announce that we will be instituting a new ban policy for Resistance: Fall of Man online gameplay, effective immediately. Players may report cheaters using lag devices or using exploits to leave the intended playable area. Make a report by sending a private message to the MyResistance.Net "cheating" account (username: cheating). Cheating and the use of in-game exploits is not allowed in any game type, including custom and private games.

To enforce this policy we have in-game moderators documenting players who are involved in using, discovering, or sharing exploits with others. These moderators have the ability to join and observe any game or user in ranked, custom, or private games without the knowledge of the players in those games.

Initial bans for first-time offenders will be 24 hours. Bans will grow in length with each successive rules-violation, and attempts to circumvent a ban are grounds for an extension of it.

If you have questions, please feel free to post them in this thread.

Thanks!
Insomniac Games/Sony Computer Entertainment

PS! Please don't quote this post unless you're on a new page (where this isn't posted).

Top Bottom